• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

zomaha

i've had bf4 on the shelf for a long while after i got bored of the standard maps that shipped with the game. well the premium deal was too good to pass up, and i'm back in the game.

do any gaffers belong to a platoon or something?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
15 man cruse missile kill on roof top of Shanghai last night.... Feels good man.

Done that a few times on Sabotage. Effectively clearing out a bomb site that has about 10-15 players covering it when my team is pushing toward it. Feels good, man.

Problem is getting it to those hot-zones if there is another enemy commander and they know that EMP's will destroy the missile so they wait until the last second to put an EMP up. Still dunno how to mind-game them into doing an EMP before I launch.

Drifters

Done that a few times on Sabotage. Effectively clearing out a bomb site that has about 10-15 players covering it when my team is pushing toward it. Feels good, man.

Problem is getting it to those hot-zones if there is another enemy commander and they know that EMP's will destroy the missile so they wait until the last second to put an EMP up. Still dunno how to mind-game them into doing an EMP before I launch.

No shit at the spoilered info..... I hate that. I actually just joined a server not but two days ago as commander because I hit the wrong button and I'm like.... WTF is this? Then... I started figuring out that if you have players who understand their benevolent commander, you rack up major points!!

RBK

Banned
Haven't tried Commander mode, still don't think it's worth my time.

Chainlink on Propaganda was great fun. Now the only chance to play any DLC map is with Conquest.

Tubie

http://www.twitch.tv/barnes_almighty/b/618525006

This guy was streaming PS4 Hardline (closed beta), they banned his origin account but you can still watch the recording of his stream. You can see Conquest (with more than just a few players) if you skip forward to 04:16:30.

I'm curious about how they will balance the scout and attack helis, since Engineers no longer have rockets and those are just rare battle pickups.

Graphics looked nice and it seemed the game ran at a very smooth (probably 60fps?) framerate. I did notice some rubberbanding here and there tho.

Edit: bah looks like twitch just banned his channel too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So you're preordering in... six months after launch? Smart move, probably given BF4's state at launch.

Well regarding the BF franchise, im gonna try to give BF Hardline another shot with the beta, and im hype for the Star Wars Battlefront (BF: Star Wars Edition?)
But for now i dont plan to ever preorder a BF game again :3

And yes TheSeks, i was so lame i bought a PS4 just for BF4.
And yes TheSeks, i got bopped and the game didnt worked for like 10 months lol

http://www.twitch.tv/barnes_almighty/b/618525006

This guy was streaming PS4 Hardline (closed beta), they banned his origin account but you can still watch the recording of his stream. You can see Conquest (with more than just a few players) if you skip forward to 04:16:30.

I'm curious about how they will balance the scout and attack helis, since Engineers no longer have rockets and those are just rare battle pickups.

Graphics looked nice and it seemed the game ran at a very smooth (probably 60fps?) framerate. I did notice some rubberbanding here and there tho.

Edit: bah looks like twitch just banned his channel too.
*pours one out for the homie*

TheSeks

Well regarding the BF franchise, im gonna try to give BF Hardline another shot with the beta, and im hype for the Star Wars Battlefront (BF: Star Wars Edition?)
But for now i dont plan to ever preorder a BF game again :3

And yes TheSeks, i was so lame i bought a PS4 just for BF4.
And yes TheSeks, i got bopped and the game didnt worked for like 10 months lol

Oh, BATTLEFRONT. Bleh. Everyone knows it's all about that Mirror's Edge Reeboks or whatever edition (Nike? Just Parkour?)
---

So, guys what did you do today?

"Well, Seks, I did--"

NO1CURR.

xwOelOK.jpg

Survived the Hunger Games.
ALL ON SOFTCORE.
Granted, I could've probably finished it earlier this month if I didn't take three weeks off the last 20 or so kills I needed to dick around with other shit.

Now ready for the second part of whatever that stupid ARG is. *puts bow to rest?*

I can't quit you bow. While you're frustrating as shit to use you're fun as hell as a challenge.

TheSeks

If its not conquest its not real Battlefield.

*groan* Yes, because revolving flags is the only mode Battlefield can do.

OH WAIT, Bad Company, BF3, and 4 have proven that DICE can do other modes when they put their fucking minds to do. Too bad they have to be LAZY and one-size-fits-all the fucking modes together on maps.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

OH WAIT, Bad Company, BF3, and 4 have proven that DICE can do other modes when they put their fucking minds to do.
Too bad they have to be LAZY and one-size-fits-all the fucking modes together on maps.
BFBC2 Rush was pretty cool. Unbalanced and broken on some maps but pretty fun.

I voted Arica Harbor when they made the poll asking for maps to be remade.

ARICA HARBOR RUSH 24/7

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Have they mentioned when the Hardline beta will be available for download?

Not sure if it was on EA or on my end but the mp would go to zero frames per second for a few seconds every few minutes today.
My first time playing in a while so I'm not sure how this games been running lately.

OH WAIT, Bad Company, BF3, and 4 have proven that DICE can do other modes when they put their fucking minds to do. Too bad they have to be LAZY and one-size-fits-all the fucking modes together on maps.
Sorry you enjoy a secondary mode that was made for a side series.

So, I caved on that PS4 deal for BF4+Premium for $23.99, since it had all the DLC plus the base game even though I thought I was a fucking huge idiot at first for buying this since, I've had the PC version since launch and I like the game in Alpha and Beta when it worked...
The thing is though, the final game was a technical mess on Windows 7 and for a lot of Windows 8 users.

The game itself felt completely different, each patch made the game feel worse and worse and there were more and more technical issues when others were solved.

I gave the game three more chances after it's supposedly been fixed on PC and still even though many of the performance issues are ironed out, I still don't like the community on the servers I could get on, there was still issues with rubberbanding and lag which is amazing since usually I have no trouble in any other games including BF3.(if you can find a match...) The worst though was probably the community on the servers I played, in which no one PTFO and pretty much every single person was a recon, and the crap they said in the chat caused me to turn it off.

They released the game completely half baked on all platforms, it took until now and the PS4 version plus all DLC(Auto snap off) to really consider that BF4 isn't a gigantic pile of shit. I also really love the lean mode implementation with the motion sensor in the DS4, it's pretty useful for both freelook in vehicles and for ADS independent lean while standing still.

I've actually played seamless matches of this on PS4 compared to what I was able to play on PC comparatively considering I don't have premium on PC. Everything feels and plays better on the PS4 and looks almost as good as Ultra but probably closer to high, the biggest killer in IQ honestly is the 900p resolution and the performance while surprisingly smooth most of the time, it can have some pretty steep dips. I can definitely say that 1080P would help a lot in making this game look even better, also a stable 60fps which admittedly on PC is wonderful alongside the AA and extra AF.

I can say I kind of like it, and makes me kinda want to get premium for the PC version on the cheap and give it another shot for a nice boost in framerate and IQ. I also kind of just wanted something for my PS4 to give it more attention.

I felt burned by BF4 and DICE more so than with BF3 even though I really liked it a lot, even though the expansions were better than all the maps and loaded faster which somehow is still a fucking problem, since most of the original core maps in BF4 in my opinion are garbage this really isn't a huge issue unless I want to play Zavod, Flood Zone, Hainan, or Paracel Storm.

I feel a little bit of a good will, but I am still worried about Battlefront.

Mahonay

Banned
Any PS4 GAF around for some Sunday morning BF4? I'm hopping on now, should be on for a while.

If I don't have you on my friends list my PSN username is Dillon_J_Mahonay.

TheSeks

Ugh, teammates I generally play with changed time(s) = bad times when they aren't available.

I can only do so much against five people, pubbies.

@Faceless: If you're going to "Shadowplay"/Capture Card/SharePlay/whatever now for Hardline:

You might want to follow this tip due to Youtube?

Fersis

I took down 2 choppers in less than a minute with a tank, but i messed up and only recorded one :(

Granadier

I think we all deserve gold stars.

That Jurassic Park emblem tho. So good.

Drifters

Alight, so advice to anyone who has the disc and no premium yet....

Make sure all your saves are backed up via whatever method you want and then delete your local content for BF4.

Buy BF4: Premium
Download BF4: Premium + the Premium unlock
Then download ALL DLC.

Once that is done, you'll be able to enjoy the $23 dollar goodness of digital only premium.

Shout out to those who helped me figure that out. What is a used copy of Vanilla BF4 going for these days?

Granadier

BF4 Premium Edition is on sale for $24 on PSN/XB Store, rendering the disc obsolete.

Nope. The PSN sale is for BF4: Premium which is the entire solo game, premium features, ALL DLC's (which is amazing...) and a crap ton of battlepacks.

Yup. :)

Oh Premium Edition. I thought you were referring to have Premium itself and not needing the disc any longer.

Top Bottom