• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

terrible

Banned
When I try to sign in on http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ -I get this:

9mpGSOP.jpg

Play with your friends!*

*Except when Battlelog is down and you can't log-in

nan0

Is the server filter on PC kind of buggy? If I select to display only Rush servers it gives me zero results, although I have a couple of Rush serves (with currently active players) in my fav list.

Facism

just played on an amazing German server that had an autoadmin setting that autokilled me whenever i got a kill due to a decent K:D ratio.

"You have been killed because your K:D ratio is abnormal and you are too good for the server ;)" Spent 10 minutes playing musical flags avoiding enemies so i wouldn't get fucked over by butthurt admin settings.

One guy got auto-killed for a high SPM and then full on banned as soon as he respawned lol.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
just played on an amazing German server that had an autoadmin setting that autokilled me whenever i killed an enemy because of my K:D

"You have been killed because your K:D ratio is abnormal and you are too good for the server ;)" Spent 10 minutes playing musical flags avoiding enemies so i would get fucked over by butthurt admin settings.

One guy got auto-killed for a high SPM and then full on banned as soon as he respawned lol.

avZ80Gq_460sa_v1.gif

Facism

One guy in the squad was complaining hardcore about it. decided to go out in flash of glory with the words "fucking thundercunt cumguzzling bukkake bastard server get fucked." Autobanned with the message "PLAYER BANNED FOR BAD LANGUAGE!!!"

Tears in my eyes.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The few redeeming qualities of console Battlefield include far less douchebag admins.

Spl1nter

So is there a list of other content or improvements BF4 is getting in the next coming months?

No, only known is the winter patch in march. It is starting to go into cert sometime around now. After that is the spring patch, night maps, and than whatever other DLC they have been working on. It is almost a certainty we wont have announcements on the future DLC until EA FY14. That is the start of April. But who knows.

B9bGrjyIAAE2M2Y.jpg

Niosai

So one of my friends bought the digital premium edition, and it's "installing" and only lets him play single player. It's downloading increeedibly slowly. It's gone up 2% in the last hour or so.

Is it downloading everything in the DLC or just the base game?

We didn't figure it would take this long to install and we made plans to play tonight, but that seems more and more unrealistic.

Drifters

So one of my friends bought the digital premium edition, and it's "installing" and only lets him play single player. It's downloading increeedibly slowly. It's gone up 2% in the last hour or so.

Is it downloading everything in the DLC or just the base game?

We didn't figure it would take this long to install and we made plans to play tonight, but that seems more and more unrealistic.
You must download the game, the premium unlock and then all the dlc as well.

Drifters

No, only known is the winter patch in march. It is starting to go into cert sometime around now. After that is the spring patch, night maps, and than whatever other DLC they have been working on. It is almost a certainty we wont have announcements on the future DLC until EA FY14. That is the start of April. But who knows.

B9bGrjyIAAE2M2Y.jpg
Also, wanted to say the for that update, really enjoying premium.

RBK

Banned
Just lost my(not really) BF4 Premium and Titanfall licenses since the original owner must have gotten a new XB1 and made it his home Xbox now.

Don't know if I should keep this game now, don't see a sale coming anytime soon considering there was just one like two weeks ago.

Leyasu

Banned
I've been playing this again.. The joys of bullets not registering, and almost every time I die it is a headshot.... Even when the person is not even looking at me lol.

Never again dice

Omni

I've been playing this again.. The joys of bullets not registering, and almost every time I die it is a headshot.... Even when the person is not even looking at me lol.

Never again dice

Yanno this doesn't seem to be a problem for me any more. I'm on console though. Are you sure it's just not your connection? //shrugs

Niosai

Whats his download speed? Its a fairly large game.
As of now he's at 83%. It's been 21 hours since he started the install. His download is 50 mbps/s if I remember. I'm confident we should be able to play sometime tonight, at least.

I'm not as upset now, though. Found out I have today off, too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol @ Kane continuing to find out why Naval Strike is Javelin City.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Never again dice

You were complaining a lot about Halo too with this. Maybe your connection is shit upstream.

haikira

Planning to jump back into this. All the Hardline talk got me hyped for it again.

I only have China Rising. Should I splash out for premium, or can I get away with only picking up one or two essential packs?

Theorry

So the 6th dlc is "confirmed" really?
Still think its weird its gonna happen. For sure now Hardline is arround the corner. They want to push new sales i think and not have people think. Hey i stick with BF4 because there is new dlc coming. So i skip Hardline.
Would be great offcourse. But from EA standpoint it is quite weird.

Planning to jump back into this. All the Hardline talk got me hyped for it again.

I only have China Rising. Should I splash out for premium, or can I get away with only picking up one or two essential packs?

Think you can get Premium very cheap now. I see it on sale alot. Do you need it? Nah not really. Still the basemaps a played more then dlc and the premium boost/battlepacks etc ended already.
If you only want one DLC. I would get Dragons Teeth. Best maps imo.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Still think its weird its gonna happen. For sure now Hardline is arround the corner. They want to push new sales i think and not have people think. Hey i stick with BF4 because there is new dlc coming. So i skip Hardline.
I think it's pretty obvious that hard-line is going to be a side game, so BF4 will be the main battlefield at least until Christmas and probably even longer.

Spl1nter

Battlefield and video games in general are becoming more of a service. A lot of people bought BF4. A 6th DLC gets people back into the game. With the continued ongoing patches it makes sense to get players back in the game to see the other improvements. Also helps repair customer relations and in turn sell the next EA game. People talking positively about your game has a lot of value.

Tubie

Never again dice

The netcode is still not perfect and someone from outside the server's region can still get an advantage with lag compensation, but aside from that, its been pretty solid for a while.

If you find yourself in a server with constant problems like this then try another one.

TheSeks

Well, that and a lot of people seem to be on the "pass" side of Hardline. (We'll see if that holds when it launches?) I think EA is supporting the game simply because of that. If Hardline sold like hotcakes, they probably wouldn't put time into another year of support for BF4. They didn't for BF3 or BC2 when the newest one launched. :/

haikira

Think you can get Premium very cheap now. I see it on sale alot. Do you need it? Nah not really. Still the basemaps a played more then dlc and the premium boost/battlepacks etc ended already.
If you only want one DLC. I would get Dragons Teeth. Best maps imo.

Thanks for advice.

Think I'll just stick with what I've got for now, until I get paid later this month, then splash out for premium.

burnfout

Yesterday I got killed twice by an MAV flying way up in the air.

What offensive capabilities doen an MAV have? Never happened to me before.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yesterday I got killed twice by an MAV flying way up in the air.

What offensive capabilities doen an MAV have? Never happened to me before.
It can destroy any explosive that's on the ground and spawn beacons. You might have been on an area where people either placed mines, C4's, or slams and the person flying it detonated them when you got close.

poppabk

Any recommended servers? Im brand new to BF4 on PC and feel very overwhelmed at times?
I would stay away from servers with fast vehicle respawn. They are often labelled 'noob' friendly or whatever, but chances are there will be at least 2 or 3 people on one team destroying everyone using tanks or boats or choppers.
I generally look for servers that are a decent number of tickets into the game but are still fairly even.

UncleO

I would stay away from servers with fast vehicle respawn. They are often labelled 'noob' friendly or whatever, but chances are there will be at least 2 or 3 people on one team destroying everyone using tanks or boats or choppers.
I generally look for servers that are a decent number of tickets into the game but are still fairly even.

Yeah i had to back away from the 64 player games, as much fun as they seem for a KB/M noob like me it was just too much. I ended up in a 32 player server that was a bit more of a pace i was comfortable at.

Spades

I'd like some advice please.

I'm a new player, about to start playing BF4 for the first time. I've played some BF games in the past, but not extensively so you can pretty much consider me new to the series.

I'd appreciate some guidance on what weapons, attachments and loadout to use to get started. I normally enjoy using closer range weapons in shooters and fully automatic guns. I'm more of a Halo player than a CoD player if that helps?

I appreciate everyone has a different taste, but I'd like some advice to get started.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Well, that and a lot of people seem to be on the "pass" side of Hardline. (We'll see if that holds when it launches?) I think EA is supporting the game simply because of that. If Hardline sold like hotcakes, they probably wouldn't put time into another year of support for BF4. They didn't for BF3 or BC2 when the newest one launched. :/

Im more on the "will get" side.
I really really liked Hotwire :3

poppabk

I'm a new player, about to start playing BF4 for the first time. I've played some BF games in the past, but not extensively so you can pretty much consider me new to the series.

I'd appreciate some guidance on what weapons, attachments and loadout to use to get started. I normally enjoy using closer range weapons in shooters and fully automatic guns. I'm more of a Halo player than a CoD player if that helps?

I appreciate everyone has a different taste, but I'd like some advice to get started.
The problem is that BF4's progression system is complete shit, and so any recommendations are likely to be for stuff you don't have access to.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You know what's whack on BF4 unlock system?
Silver Battlepacks, i had like 3 or 5 of those and then everything was Bronze or Gold.

Also there's no fun or 'game' in it.

Tubie

Always spot enemies. Don't go off on your own if you don't know the maps well. Try to stay with your team and help everyone by throwing med packs/ammo packs and using your gadgets depending on the kit you're playing as.

Assault gets some decent rifles early. The second and third assault rifles you unlock (SCARH and M416) are really good, specially the M416 for new players since the recoil is easy to handle. You should also equip and use the defibrillator as soon as you unlock it (it's the second thing you unlock in the Assault kit).

Engineers start out with PDWs which are close range weapons. Your 3rd unlock as engineer is the carbine class of weapons, and they all can be used by any kit. The first 3 carbines you get are all great weapons, if you can deal with PDWs for a bit to unlock the carbines.

TheSeks

use one when one is already active.

Or don't even bother. No point in activating them if you don't need them. Maybe on consoles it's different in the UI but on PC you only have "boost available" and can safely ignore how many of each is available.

Top Bottom