• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Drifters

Oh Premium Edition. I thought you were referring to have Premium itself and not needing the disc any longer.

Well, in essence once you buy it, you are entitled to the digital copy rendering the physical copy useless, unless you want to keep it for some reason.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well, in essence once you buy it, you are entitled to the digital copy rendering the physical copy useless, unless you want to keep it for some reason.

How?

It shows as $13.20 in the store if I take my disc out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I like the new "Commander" mode but that's about it. :/

Hotwire would be alright if it wasn't "DRIVE FAST DRIVE FAST DRIVE FAST" which has the same issue as BF3/4's "CRASH. INTO ALL THE THINGS!" problem with boost and just driving on a map with hills/rocks/etc on it. It seems the mode is "get the cars, go to the outside and drive in circles to bleed tickets as best as you can."

Heist continues to be a half-assed mode that gives one more point instead of the "Rush 2" that was in the previous "beta"/"Alpha." It's... no Rush. Nor Sabotage.

Commander having to "hack support" at least is more interesting than "spam UAV's until your support (Gunship/Tom Cruise Missile) is ready."

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You buy this:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/battlefield-4-premium-edition/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-B000000000000972?smcid=ps:nav-playstation-store

Delete local content and then download everything (per my instructions above) and then you no longer need your disc. The $13.20 version is for Vanilla BF4.

Holy shit, stop talking about the Premium Edition when you're telling me that it works.

I have the base disc, then bought Premium afterwards. Unless you're telling me that I can somehow game the system into not requiring a disc any longer your explanations are not valid.

edit: Calc flares my temper. Thanks for trying to help.

manfestival

I am really enjoying BF4 on my PS4 but I would rather be playing the game on PC. I have some good games here and there but not having the precision of mouse and keyboard sucks

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
C O N Q U E S T B O Y S 2 4 / 7

Join us TheSeks

Donos

I am really enjoying BF4 on my PS4 but I would rather be playing the game on PC. I have some good games here and there but not having the precision of mouse and keyboard sucks

That what pains me too. Hope to build a proper rig this year and then i'm going to change to PC for all fps games.

Drifters

Holy shit, stop talking about the Premium Edition when you're telling me that it works.

I have the base disc, then bought Premium afterwards. Unless you're telling me that I can somehow game the system into not requiring a disc any longer your explanations are not valid.

edit: Calc flares my temper. Thanks for trying to help.
Oops sorry man, I was assuming you had bought the entire package. You'll still need your disc for your situation.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
N O T B U Y I N G B A T T L E F L O P F L A T L I N E

FTFY. The only thing Flopline does right is Commander mode: I'd actually like DICE-LA to take those "support/hack" side abilities and backport them, which probably isn't possible/do-able. It'd actually make commander in BF4 more than "spam UAVs and wait for the support ability to come back."

Otherwise Flatline is going to flop like Titanflop did. Cantwait.gif

I think there's a premium download to activate you as premium. Should be very small.

When I check the DLC for the game it says its $49.99, I click that and it says an error occurred. All the other expansions download fine. This is a frustrating glitch.
Edit: I had to dig around PSN to find what you were talking about, its all good now. Thank you.

Overdoziz

Banned
Hotwire is a lot of fun. The moving cars and the limited player counts makes it much less of a clusterfuck which is good. Conquezzt and Heist is kinda meh, though.

RBK

Banned
So what's the likeliness of this game dying out once Hardline releases?

I don't mind picking it up, but not until it's hits like $30 or less.

Omni

I honestly don't see Hardline picking up at all.

Very not impressed with what I've played on Xbone.

Drifters

Honestly, I played BF3 on my PS3 right up until I got my PS4 in December and there were still 10-15k active users playing, BF4 (according to bf4stats) will have legs for a LONG time to come. Most likely BF junkies will get Hardline and then realize it is a POS and come back to BF4.

Honestly, I played BF3 on my PS3 right up until I got my PS4 in December and there were still 10-15k active users playing, BF4 (according to bf4stats) will have legs for a LONG time to come. Most likely BF junkies will get Hardline and then realize it is a POS and come back to BF4.

Unless a person is REALLY into the cops and robbers theme, there's not much of an incentive to pick Hardline up, especially considering that:

A) BF4 and BF4 Premium are generally much cheaper nowadays.

B) BF4 + Premium has a metric ton more content than Hardline as-is, and will also continue to have support (patches and even more content) until Battlefront comes out.

I don't think Hardline is necessarily bad by any means, disregarding the thematic issues is has. The issue is that Hardline itself has been put in the difficult spot of being between BF4 and Battlefront.

I also don't think putting Premium for Hardline was a particularly good idea.

terrible

Banned
I've put 6.5 hours into Hardline and it's actually kind of fun. It reminds me of the infantry only servers in BF2, only there are still choppers and cars lol.

I'm still not buying it but I do like the map they have for CQ in the beta.

Donos

Can someone point me into the direction of good BF4 PS4 footage which shows different maps and vehicles? I know i can just hit youtube and find a lot of stuff but maybe you guys have some good compilation vids with good quality (doesn't have to be only Youtube > better quality is important, filesize doesn't matter). Want to play this on my new TV to get a taste.
No "let's play" with talking, just direct footage.
Thanks in advance.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I've put 6.5 hours into Hardline and it's actually kind of fun. It reminds me of the infantry only servers in BF2, only there are still choppers and cars lol.

I'm still not buying it but I do like the map they have for CQ in the beta.
I agree, that map is set up with that little town to create some really fun gun battles. The cars and dirt bikes also handle really well. I'll grab it if a lot of my BF friends grab it, but likely won't if I don't have a crew to play with.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FTFY. The only thing Flopline does right is Commander mode: I'd actually like DICE-LA to take those "support/hack" side abilities and backport them, which probably isn't possible/do-able. It'd actually make commander in BF4 more than "spam UAVs and wait for the support ability to come back."

Otherwise Flatline is going to flop like Titanflop did. Cantwait.gif

Dude Hotwire is really fun, imagine Hotwire on BF4! :0
Also: lol at flopline.

Lulu23

Posting this here because I think this thread is populated enough:

I got BF3 on Disc for PS3 when it released. Then, the following summer, I bought Premium for it.

I then got BF3 and 4 for PC, and had that account linked with my PSN ID.

Around this time last year, I got the PS4 version of BF4. I got EA to split those accounts again, because I wanted to have seperate accounts for the PC versions and the Playstation versions.

(So I could give the PC games to a friend without him having anything linked to my still used PSN account.)

I then linked the PSN ID to a new Origin account, which I am now playing BF4 with.
I bought and played both BF3(Disc) + Premium on PS3 and BF4(digital) +Premium on PS4 with the same PSN account, which was first linked to my former Origin account and is now linked to my new Origin account.

Somehow, in all this freaking mess, my BF3 progress and Premium got lost.
While Premium and the BF3 Online Pass still show in my PSN account, neither of them show on Battlelog.

All the EA people I talked to over their chat said that there is no record of me owning Premium or having played BF3, which is exactly my issue.

TL;DR:
My BF3 Premium content and my BF3 progress from PS3 are gone from my Origin account (Battlelog).
Online Pass from disc version and Premium are still listed on my PSN account.
EA denies me ever owning or playing it.

Fersis

Just came back to this after a year off, I see that they hasn't fixed the losing connection to server when trying to join them on ps4. =\

BTW right now there's a PSN connection issue. Nothing to do with the game.
Like right now.

Hotwire4Lyfe

Posting this here because I think this thread is populated enough:

I got BF3 on Disc for PS3 when it released. Then, the following summer, I bought Premium for it.

I then got BF3 and 4 for PC, and had that account linked with my PSN ID.

Around this time last year, I got the PS4 version of BF4. I got EA to split those accounts again, because I wanted to have seperate accounts for the PC versions and the Playstation versions.

(So I could give the PC games to a friend without him having anything linked to my still used PSN account.)

I then linked the PSN ID to a new Origin account, which I am now playing BF4 with.
I bought and played both BF3(Disc) + Premium on PS3 and BF4(digital) +Premium on PS4 with the same PSN account, which was first linked to my former Origin account and is now linked to my new Origin account.

Somehow, in all this freaking mess, my BF3 progress and Premium got lost.
While Premium and the BF3 Online Pass still show in my PSN account, neither of them show on Battlelog.

All the EA people I talked to over their chat said that there is no record of me owning Premium or having played BF3, which is exactly my issue.

TL;DR:
My BF3 Premium content and my BF3 progress from PS3 are gone from my Origin account (Battlelog).
Online Pass from disc version and Premium are still listed on my PSN account.
EA denies me ever owning or playing it.

contact EA support and explain the full issue in as much detail as possible with as much accuracy as possible.

Drifters

So a question to long standing BF vets, do you think BF5 will be the first BF to have dynamic time of day, weather etc. ? I would love the effects of Parcel storm in some of the maps since they feel more "alive" than most. Dunno, wonder if they've even thought of that.

RBK

Banned
As much as I play that map, never really noticed.

If this beta is broken, just going to delete and head back to BF4 full-time tonight.

Ramirez

I prefer...smaller targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnK07F5UgQY&feature=youtu.be

Infiltration of Shanghai a.k.a. night mode Shanghai looks spectacular.

http://imgur.com/a/iolk6

Is this official? Haven't been keeping up with this stuff, are all the maps getting it if so?

Acorn

Just getting back into the game, haven't played since sept.

I see Dice has learnt nothing with annoying phantom assignments, I need to go searching for dog tags and find 3 other people so I can get a premium weapon. Really glad I get to do annoying shit for my exclusive weapon.

Omni

So I'm seeing a lot of videos showing off that night time Siege of Shanghai map.

Please tell me it's coming to console

God I hate the fucking Battlepack system. Looking back it's one of the biggest reasons I didn't get into this game as much as I normally do with BF games. I just want to play with a gun for a while and unlock its attachments, there is very little in gaming I hate more than that one sight I want to use being locked behind Random Bullshit.

Playing a bit of the game again since I've yet to do so since Final Stand or whatever the last pack is called came out and just finding myself frustrated at everything.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Anyone having issues connecting on PS4? I'm getting stuck in these endless loading loops just at the main menu. Only way to get out is to disable the internet connection or quit.

AmyS

Anyone having issues connecting on PS4? I'm getting stuck in these endless loading loops just at the main menu. Only way to get out is to disable the internet connection or quit.

Me.

I cannot log into Battlelog on my laptop or get BF4 on PS4 to connect to EA servers.

North America / Chicago area here.

AmyS

When I try to sign in on http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ -I get this:

9mpGSOP.jpg

Top Bottom