• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sometimes I wish they had implemented server comms for Test Range. Would have been fun to play that with a buddy or two.

moai

It can destroy any explosive that's on the ground and spawn beacons. You might have been on an area where people either placed mines, C4's, or slams and the person flying it detonated them when you got close.

Im shocked, level 132 on ps4 and never knew that.

Lulu23

Does anybody have any info about the mixed servers? I really want a Rush server with standard settings and all maps mixed, didn't DICE say something about that recently?

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
God I would kill for mixed servers. My favorite time in BF history was playing on (mic enforced) mixed servers in BF3. Playing different modes and map packs back to back kept the game so fresh. I know that's a rented server thing, but the way BF3 worked they stayed populated. Now, nobody does anything besides vanilla conquest or hardcore conquest with the same 4 maps over and over. Atleast that's all I see on the Xbox1.

Netprints

I need help xb1 players, I need to get the bow and I have everything for it except for the other 3 people with all the phantom stuff. Help me unlock this bow

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Got my jet medal and finished the Air Warrior assignment. Once I started using the dumb bombs on the attack jet, the ribbons just start piling up. I just started dropping those things on infantry clusters and getting kills almost every time. People probably thought the game was glitching when they showed me on the kill cam just flying away high up in the air. Lots of fun.

BOOM. Got the Obliteration Winner Dog Tag.

My + ends in a few days and I'm gonna let it lapse and do something more interesting with my time. Be back whenever I re-sub. Closing in on the Carrier Assault tag but that will have to wait.

Have fun to those still playing.

Got my jet medal and finished the Air Warrior assignment. Once I started using the dumb bombs on the attack jet, the ribbons just start piling up. I just started dropping those things on infantry clusters and getting kills almost every time. People probably thought the game was glitching when they showed me on the kill cam just flying away high up in the air. Lots of fun.

How do you know when to drop the dumb bombs? I used them once or twice and was lucky to get hit markers.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
How do you know when to drop the dumb bombs? I used them once or twice and was lucky to get hit markers.
Just timing I guess. With infantry, I avoid trying to drop on individuals and aimed for clusters. If I did aim for one guy, I made sure he was likely dtationary. I found it tone pretty accurate. If you time your drop with the cross hair, it hits it's mark.

Lastly, don't be shy with them, just look to drop them any chance you get. Using them as a way to finish off a cannon run also works well and I finished off a lot of vehicles that way. Just unload the cannon until it overheats and start your pull up, switch to the bombs and release the bomb as your reticle swings over the vehicle.

Mahonay

Banned
I still don't understand the skill rating, but suddenly I'm top 5 in NYC and top 10 in the state. (I'm on PS4)

tGmINvG.jpg

Lulu23

Here's a list of what I think still should be fixed in BF4 and definitely has to be fixed in BF5:

- Give me the option to quick join into only official servers. I don't want to play anywhere else because "admins" fuck up the settings.

- Don't allow players to lock a squad, it makes no sense when people can have their own private voip on all platforms anyways. This way, it isn't possible for you to end up without a squad to join.

- Also, only have enough squads available so when the team is full, all squads are full. I realize this will often split up people who want to play together, but there should be a way to fix that, too. For example you could force two half-empty squads together to make space for a squad that joins together through squad join.

- Get rid of game modes that hardly anyone plays or that are to similar to ensure servers are populated enough. Team Deathmatch doesn't need to exist alongside Domination, which is better because it is objective oriented.

- Have official servers that cycle through all maps, including all DLC maps, for each gamemode. I'd be on a SQDM or Domination server that cycles all maps (or changes them randomly) all day long, baby.
Only have DLC specific servers a limited time after each DLC's launch. Vanilla-only servers could still exist for non-Premium folks.

- To make the above work, stop selling DLCs individually. It's enough to have the playerbase segregated into "Premium" and "Non-Premium". This would allow DICE to have only two kinds of map rotations in the servers, as written above.

(- There are shit tons of silly customization options available in BF4, such as weapon, soldier and vehicle skins, knifes and dog tags and so on. Monetize on that instead of selling maps to not split the community up.)

I realize that most of these things aren't gonna push sales directly, but would "only" increase the quality of the product immensely, so it ain't gonna happen.
But I bet a lot of people would be way happier to pay full price on the game and even Premium, uncluding me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Here's a list of what I think still should be fixed in BF4 and definitely has to be fixed in BF5:

- Give me the option to quick join into only official servers. I don't want to play anywhere else because "admins" fuck up the settings.

Some people on CTE want people to quick match into "classic" presets which is LOL HELL NO to me.
More proof CTE does not have it's finger on the pulse of what the majority of the playerbase wants.

Mahonay

Banned
- Have official servers that cycle through all maps, including all DLC maps, for each gamemode. I'd be on a SQDM or Domination server that cycles all maps (or changes them randomly) all day long, baby.
Only have DLC specific servers a limited time after each DLC's launch. Vanilla-only servers could still exist for non-Premium folks.
It's crazy to me that this is still not a thing.

With Star Wars Battlefront coming I don't know if I'll need to buy BF5. From 2005 to 2009 SWBF2 was the only game I seriously played online. I dabbled in BF2MC but it wasn't until Battlefield 1943 that I fully moved to the 7th gen.

If BF5 can recapture the feeling of 1943 I might get it, but if it turns out good, SWBF may be the last shooter I buy for online until SWBF4.

Mahonay

Banned
With Star Wars Battlefront coming I don't know if I'll need to buy BF5. From 2005 to 2009 SWBF2 was the only game I seriously played online. I dabbled in BF2MC but it wasn't until Battlefield 1943 that I fully moved to the 7th gen.

If BF5 can recapture the feeling of 1943 I might get it, but if it turns out good, SWBF may be the last shooter I buy for online until SWBF4.
I really want BF5 to go back to WWII or a time period close to it, but it's going to be modern again or futuristic.

Mahonay

Banned
Wasn't the last map pack pretty much alluding to an 2142 sequel?
I hope not, because man the future vehicles and equipment they made for that DLC were pretty lame. At least the maps themselves were solid.

You're right though, there's 2142 Easter eggs everywhere. That seems like the next thing we're getting after Battlefront.

Ark

As much as I'd like a new, good WW2 shooter, I feel like it's mostly nostalgia. I'd much rather DICE make an attempt at a new futuristic Battlefield with crazy new, well thought out & designed modes and maps.

As much as I'm looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront, I know I'll be wanting to buy BF5 providing it isn't set in the present day.

c4c358b2af.jpg

Some people on CTE want people to quick match into "classic" presets which is LOL HELL NO to me.
More proof CTE does not have it's finger on the pulse of what the majority of the playerbase wants.

Yeah, should just make it the default preset for the next BF game instead.

TheSeks

Yeah, should just make it the default preset for the next BF game instead.

Hahaha, you funny guy I kill you last.gif

I doubt making a "classic pre-set" quick match option would flood those servers. People that want Hardcore will go to Hardcore. The rest of us want Doritos and other stuff. Trying to merge the two is just poor for everyone.

RoKKeR

Ok so I've returned to this on XBO... is there really no way to search for servers that run all of the maps? Is that a thing even? Very annoying that it isn't a default option.

TheSeks

Ok so I've returned to this on XBO... is there really no way to search for servers that run all of the maps? Is that a thing even? Very annoying that it isn't a default option.

Server browser.

Select all the maps/expansions.

Anything with all the DLC icons = maps are included. But it isn't a slam-dunk 100% all maps. One of the maps per expansion may be in it.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The server browser is kind of crap. I can't search for servers that are full along with servers that are almost full? At 64 players the game really chugs on PS4. I'm thinking maybe 40 would be ideal. I do really want a go-to server with more variety, so I'll try that DLC icons trick. The quick match thing is even worse, hi yes battlefield, I'd like to play conquest large... *click* OPERATION LOCKER 24/7 CONNECTING *barf*

shone237

Unconfirmed Member

You can look, but sadly they don't exist on Xbox1. Something to do with keeping a server populated through quick join that doesn't work and they always end up empty. I still look every time I play, haven't seen one in months. Even then it was a hardcore/platoon server. Which unless your in that platoon, can really suck, since you have admins that will switch players to stack their team.

TheSeks

#2EZ #MVP #RushIsProMode #SWAG #idontevenplaythismode #stepupDICEsenpais #classicmode

TheSeks

obvious #pingadvantage
:p

Not really. Next round a bunch of Brazillians got on and I still had MVP but lost the round.

More like half of DICE's team were in the air which doesn't cap flags.

Top Bottom