• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hardline is better than BF4.
Well, they are quite different in pacing and gunplay.
But i really enjoyed HL Beta and (Probably because there's less elements to sync) the netcode seemed a bit more accurate than BF4's.

BF4 is garbage mate
Well, it took a lot of time to fix but it works now and it's fun.
There are still a bunch of unfixable things like the Unlock System and the Squad Buffs or whatever are called.

HL Unlock System makes sense at least.

58bb0d9f3d.png

Seks on suicide watch.

the better mode keeps winning.

I'd like a symmetrical map in regards to flag placement and the flag placement needs to mean something. They each need to be an important point on the map.

As for aesthetic, I'd like a night time desert on the coast, potentially with a grounded carrier as one of the flags. Massive changes in elevation too with large sheer cliffs.

I just hope people like LevelCap and YouTubers don't get a big say since they seem to only play TDM and complain about verticality.

RoKKeR

You can look, but sadly they don't exist on Xbox1. Something to do with keeping a server populated through quick join that doesn't work and they always end up empty. I still look every time I play, haven't seen one in months. Even then it was a hardcore/platoon server. Which unless your in that platoon, can really suck, since you have admins that will switch players to stack their team.

Yeah I tried searching today and it just returns a bunch of empty servers. It's a bummer that it isn't a option, I hope they support it going forward.

TheContact

anyone here play on the CMW hardcore servers? Specifically their Rush server? It's all I've played on for the most part since bf3. Can't play regular mode it's just so dumb with the unrealistic damage and triangles everywhere.

I wish I liked CQ more as it seeks to be more popular but I like the focused nature of Rush. CQ is just too spread out and not as much teamwork is used. I always get a way better feeling either defending or assaulting the nodes in Rush than I get from capping a base in CQ

Lulu23

Getting a refund for the premium version is out of the question, right?

The most advertised feature, which would be Conquest Large, doesn't run at the advertised framerate and still lags like hell. It's so frustrating to play, and even more frustrating that I stupidly bought this digitally.

Getting a refund for the premium version is out of the question, right?

The most advertised feature, which would be Conquest Large, doesn't run at the advertised framerate and still lags like hell. It's so frustrating to play, and even more frustrating that I stupidly bought this digitally.
What did you get it for, where do you live, and what servers are you trying to play on?

Works fine for me on PS4 with a crappy DSL connection as long as I stay in my regional servers.

Lulu23

What did you get it for, where do you live, and what servers are you trying to play on?

Works fine for me on PS4 with a crappy DSL connection as long as I stay in my regional servers.

Germany, PS4, regional and official servers only.

Are you calling the framerate fine or are you saying that it doesn't lag?

Germany, PS4, regional and official servers only.

Are you calling the framerate fine or are you saying that it doesn't lag?
Both. The frame drops don't bother me outside of levelution on the Hotel map. They don't seem to be big frame drops. Certainly not enough for me to care.

I don't get nearly as much packet loss as before, even on shitty DSL. I haven't had a problem with kill trading lately. Corner shooting is as it is in every online FPS. I haven't had problems with rubber banding or other noticeable lag issues.

Lulu23

Both. The frame drops don't bother me outside of levelution on the Hotel map. They don't seem to be big frame drops. Certainly not enough for me to care.

I don't get nearly as much packet loss as before, even on shitty DSL. I haven't had a problem with kill trading lately. Corner shooting is as it is in every online FPS. I haven't had problems with rubber banding or other noticeable lag issues.

Well I guess some people notice framerate drops more that others, so there's that. I definitely have a huge problem with the framerate in every CQL match with either lots of vehicles on screen, or lots of destruction. I honestly find it hard to believe how anyone could not be bothered by it, but then again, I consider myself somewhat whiny about framerate. Still, when all other modes (lower player counts) run at nearly 60fps all the time (which is why I like Rush better than CQL), it is just really frustrating to play the clunky mess that is CQL.

As for the connection problems: lucky you, then. It doesn't happen all the time for me, but when it does it is quite substantial. Sometimes I am unable to move and then seconds later I am dead. Other times flying a heli or a jet is impossible due to the screen shaking around because it is lagging, just to give examples.
I can't explain why it doesn't happen to you, but the fault can't be on my end, as other games, including BF4 on PC, run just fine through the same connection.

Kabuto

anyone here play on the CMW hardcore servers? Specifically their Rush server? It's all I've played on for the most part since bf3. Can't play regular mode it's just so dumb with the unrealistic damage and triangles everywhere.

I wish I liked CQ more as it seeks to be more popular but I like the focused nature of Rush. CQ is just too spread out and not as much teamwork is used. I always get a way better feeling either defending or assaulting the nodes in Rush than I get from capping a base in CQ

I don't play hardcore but their Normal Conquest Large servers are pretty well balanced. Both teams usually have equal amounts of good and bad players; I always have games that are down to a couple tickets.

TheContact

I don't play hardcore but their Normal Conquest Large servers are pretty well balanced. Both teams usually have equal amounts of good and bad players; I always have games that are down to a couple tickets.

Yeah it's pretty fair, has nice balancing features, auto kicks for people who go AFK, and uses the really nice anti cheat called FairFight. The people are mostly cool too and are regulars on the servers. Check out hardcore sometime, come join me on the Rush server =)

Cømet

Banned
So the premium version is on sale for twenty something on the PSN store, and I've got some cash sat in my wallet.

I've been putting off picking this up til all the problems got fixed, and this seems like a good time to get in on the action. So I ask you BFGaf, how is BF4 now? Is it as good as BF3 yet?

Ark

Cømet;153071570 said:
So the premium version is on sale for twenty something on the PSN store, and I've got some cash sat in my wallet.

I've been putting off picking this up til all the problems got fixed, and this seems like a good time to get in on the action. So I ask you BFGaf, how is BF4 now? Is it as good as BF3 yet?

I've got over 200 hours of BF4 on PS4, and over 225 hours on PC. The game is fantastic, and the premium maps are excellent. Personally I don't think Hardline is worth the money when DICE has already confirmed another year of continued support and content for BF4.

Don't get me wrong, the Hardline beta was good and I really enjoyed it. But for me, I hate faction-specific weapons with a passion and the time-to-kill felt more like CoD than Battlefield - yes it created a faster rate of play, but it felt artificial to me.

I'm a Battlefield veteran and you should take my word over any other. Many have ignored my warnings and have found themselves sobbing in a corner after experiencing BF4.

Cømet

Banned
I've got over 200 hours of BF4 on PS4, and over 225 hours on PC. The game is fantastic, and the premium maps are excellent. Personally I don't think Hardline is worth the money when DICE has already confirmed another year of continued support and content for BF4.

Don't get me wrong, the Hardline beta was good and I really enjoyed it. But for me, I hate faction-specific weapons with a passion and the time-to-kill felt more like CoD than Battlefield - yes it created a faster rate of play, but it felt artificial to me.

Yeah Cod-style gameplay isn't my bag these days, I like the breathing room and sheer scale of games like BF3.

Don't listen to Odysseus (playing with people's lives--highly irresponsible!), BF4 is in good shape.

I should've clocked that, I read the last page or so ;p

I'm a Battlefield veteran and you should take my word over any other. Many have ignored my warnings and have found themselves sobbing in a corner after experiencing BF4.

Don't toy with me mang!

Lulu23

Cømet;153071570 said:

As mentioned above, the framerate in 64 players servers sucks sometimes. Also, if you look at the maps, some of them seem to have been rushed out a bit.

But ultimately, if you enjoyed BF3, you'll definitely enjoy BF4 as well. DICE LA has come a long way of fixing the game, especially from a gameplay perspective (tighter controls / removal of visual recoil).

The only thing they really still need to fix imo is the server situation. I can't understand why the hell there aren't mixed servers yet. Be prepared to only play DLC maps on CQL or sometimes Rush, and never have a proper rotation in any server; i.e. it's always the same rotation.

Ark

This game is such a piece of shit. I've crashed five times today. CRASHED. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!?!

Fucking DICE. My drivers are up to date and everything.

Xbox live deals made me buy BF4 back in Novemeber, the recent premium discount made me jump on that too.

Dragons Teeth has a great set of maps honestly.

I never played Bf3 so maybe I just don't get it, but the Metro map is awful imo.

TCRS

Banned
the other day I clicked on quick match by accident and only then did I see how many modes other than conquest BF4 actually has. most of them are shit though. only the bomb one was fun.

the other day I clicked on quick match by accident and only then did I see how many modes other than conquest BF4 actually has. most of them are shit though. only the bomb one was fun.

For real. I played my first non conquest mode after 100 or so hours on the game. Quickly went back to conquest afterwards

So I wanna get back into this game on PC. What's the online community like now a few years in? I don't have any of the expansions sadly. I'm wondering if that's maybe why I'm not finding as much servers as I used to before

Cømet

Banned
As mentioned above, the framerate in 64 players servers sucks sometimes. Also, if you look at the maps, some of them seem to have been rushed out a bit.

But ultimately, if you enjoyed BF3, you'll definitely enjoy BF4 as well. DICE LA has come a long way of fixing the game, especially from a gameplay perspective (tighter controls / removal of visual recoil).

The only thing they really still need to fix imo is the server situation. I can't understand why the hell there aren't mixed servers yet. Be prepared to only play DLC maps on CQL or sometimes Rush, and never have a proper rotation in any server; i.e. it's always the same rotation.

Thanks for this. Yeah, I think once this paper's handed in Friday I'll drop the cash and give it a go. Badly need a good shooter to replace Destiny (might as well not have PvP lol).

Not so much a problem for me with maps as BF for me has always been conquest: the game :p

For real. I played my first non conquest mode after 100 or so hours on the game. Quickly went back to conquest afterwards

Been playing Hardcore Rush after playing Conquest and nothing else for months. It's a real breath of fresh air, matches feel so much more engaging now, and teamwork is way more important.

Seems like they've made an effort to balance the mode, I remember thinking the vanilla maps were just terrible for it. Some still are, but for the most part it's good now.

TCRS

Banned
played BF4 yesterday and this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhiPbXxpFG4

I was the one who destroyed the cable, am I a terrorist now?

Been playing Hardcore Rush after playing Conquest and nothing else for months. It's a real breath of fresh air, matches feel so much more engaging now, and teamwork is way more important.

Seems like they've made an effort to balance the mode, I remember thinking the vanilla maps were just terrible for it. Some still are, but for the most part it's good now.

yeah rush was a nice change of pace, played it actually a lot in BF3 but here it's shit. or was, haven't tried it with the new maps yet.

Top Bottom