• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Nothing better than turning on 200%xp boost, going all in on the match, being top of the leaderboard, only for the game to get a connection error when it's almost over and nothing apparently saved.
This happened to me in the last match I played (which probably explains why I haven't played since Tuesday).

It completely blows my mind how this game still crashes so much after so many years.

Tubie

All I've been doing this weekend is Silk Road.

I've noticed very few people use Stingers or IGLAs in that map. I love them because I get to piss off scout pilots and their repair buddies.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
All I've been doing this weekend is Silk Road.

I've noticed very few people use Stingers or IGLAs in that map. I love them because I get to piss off scout pilots and their repair buddies.
Really? I play on the tbag server on PS4 and I have to constantly fly away from all the ridiculous lock ons from Stingers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Really? I play on the tbag server on PS4 and I have to constantly fly away from all the ridiculous lock ons from Stingers.

You haven't lived until you've had 10+ Javelin's raining down your pirate ship/RCB while sailing the Hainan Resort seas.

I literally was taken out after sailing around for five minutes getting pot-shots by the entire team getting pissed by me and someone repairing me hit and running away. Took our their LAV while at the B bombsite Sabotage only for their boat to come in and TV missile the injured me. :(

At least we armed after that

Tubie

Yea it's weird, every time I switch to Javelin or SRAW it seems the other teams scout pilots go 20-2. All it takes is like 4 engineers with Stingers to make life hell for the pilots tho.

Donos

Got warm with BF4 and playing with controller now and found a server which has a good rotation. What are the names of maps who are similar to Caspian Border e.g. big maps with lots of vehicles and a bunch of capture points. I have some maps which i like but i can't remember the names. Lockout seems to be the metro map of BF4 -_-

Is there a list of most played maps / favourite maps of BF4?

Edit: omg, there is Caspian Border in BF4. Forgot to download all the DLCs because i thought there were already included in the download.

Got warm with BF4 and playing with controller now and found a server which has a good rotation. What are the names of maps who are similar to Caspian Border e.g. big maps with lots of vehicles and a bunch of capture points. I have some maps which i like but i can't remeber the names. Lockout seems to be the metro map of BF4 -_-

Is there a list of most played maps / favourite maps of BF4?

Medium to large sized maps with a lot of vehicles:

Golmud Railway (Almost every vehicle class in the game).

Hainan Resort (MAA, LAVs, Jets, Scout Helis, and Attack Boats).

Rogue Transmission (Tanks, MAA, LAVs, Jets, Transport and Attack Helis).

Lancang Dam (although this is heavily disliked due to the poor map layout).

Seige of Shanghai (Tanks, LAVs, Transport and Attack Helis).

Dawnbreaker (Tanks, MAA, Scout and Attack Heli, jets are included but are worthless outside of using them as taxis).

Paracel Storm (heavy focus on naval warfare, includes MAA, Jets, Transport and Scout Heli, and lots of boats).

Flood Zone and Zavod 311 also have a good amount of vehicles, but I find them to be more infantry focused than the aforementioned maps.

All of the maps in the base game are more focused towards Conquest Large, and pretty much every map except for the mandatory shitty infantry map (Operation Locker) has a lot of vehicles included.

These are from the base game.

I somehow managed to hit his C4. No jihad for you!

Rj2qZYw.gif

Kabuto

DICE said:
We mentioned a while ago that there will be a Winter Patch coming in March to polish things like the netcode and soldier collisions (read more about it here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/whats-next-in-battlefield-4 [battlelog.battlefield.com]). Well here is March and the Winter Patch will be deployed on Tuesday March 3. This will of course mean downtime for multiple platforms according to the following schedule:

- PC: Multiplayer and Battlelog will be offline for 1h starting 01.00 PDT / 09.00 UTC. (users playing Battlefield 3 or Medal of Honor Warfighter on PC will also be affected during this maintenance period)

- PS3: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 02.30 PDT / 10.30 UTC.

- PS4: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 03.30 PDT / 11.30 UTC.

- Xbox 360: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 04.30 PDT / 12.30 UTC.

- Xbox One: Multiplayer will be offline for 1 hour starting 05.30 PDT / 13.30 UTC.

Patch notes will be posted once maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience and see you on the Battlefield!

Nearly 4 months after the Final Stand Patch & 2 weeks before Hardline. :/ Oh DICE

TheSeks

Do we know if this update will include the Siege of Shanghai night map?

No. That (and other night maps) are still "in testing."

But no1currs about terrible night maps: reticle for infantry/vehicle color changes. FINALLY. Hitmarker for headshots being red a la Hardline beta FINALLY. Hitmarket kill confirmed color change. FINALLY. Hitmarker colors in general FINALLY.

Been too fucking long for such a "simple" implementation. God.

Ark

No. That (and other night maps) are still "in testing."

But no1currs about terrible night maps: reticle for infantry/vehicle color changes. FINALLY. Hitmarker for headshots being red a la Hardline beta FINALLY. Hitmarket kill confirmed color change. FINALLY. Hitmarker colors in general FINALLY.

Been too fucking long for such a "simple" implementation. God.

Aw that sucks. They should implement the 'capture area' from the Hardline minimap though. I've got over 400 hours on BF4 and I still move out of conquest caps at the last possible second missing those tasty 150 points.

I think after this patch I'll try to get back into BF4.

In CODAW even with the recent DLC the only map I can play for hours without tiring, Atlas Gorge (Pipeline remake) barely has one full lobby playing on it and I'm frankly tired of the bullshit with Sledgehammer. They are worse than DICE was for the first four months after BF4 launched.

TheSeks

Shanghai's still iterating, though. The first release didn't have lights, the last time I checked it had more lights but the "light break" tatical system they want to put in the nightmaps was buggy. It's going to be until August (AFAIK) before the night maps happen. Double so for the community map if they're working on these separately unless parallel.

Tubie

I don't even think we will ever get the "classic BF maps" DLC people speculated about when they did that poll a few months ago.

At the pace they are going, we might get the night maps and that one community made map before the year is over.

Spl1nter

I don't even think we will ever get the "classic BF maps" DLC people speculated about when they did that poll a few months ago.

At the pace they are going, we might get the night maps and that one community made map before the year is over.

It's only March 2nd. Lots of time left. Shanghai will be out with the spring patch.

they'll put the classic BF maps in Hardline to try and get people to buy it

Donos

goldmud railway is just what i needed. Can play this all day. they also made nice changes to caspian border. I'm better with controller as expected. happy with my 18€ premium purchase so far.

Kabuto

no it's still poo.

The revive glitch where you just follow your killer in the killcam is still in the game. It just happened to me :///

this is finally added! whooo! :D
""new playlists are added including maps from all expansions""
Are the playlists set maps though? I won't be able to check for a while, what maps are in each playlist?

Also it seems like Ranked servers are getting quick match traffic now which is nice.

Hows Final Stand? specifically on PS4...Was going to get Hardline, but ultimately decided against it but I'm in the mood for some BF, is it worth it at this point? do people still play it enough to warrant the purchase or will it be difficult to find matches?

Donos

vadernoooooo.jpg there is NO AN-94 in BF4? -_- Is there a similar weapon in BF4?

That weapon was so beast (BF3 PC). Not easy to handle but once you got the hang of it, that thing was rocking mid distance. heavy barrel + cobra sight and you still could pick up snipers from far away. It was still ok in sudden CQ when used properly with hip fire.

Ralemont

not me
Anyone have tips on how to make Zavod 311 fun? I like pretty much all the maps except this one; it feels like you either get lucky with snagging the Little Bird or you run in circles in the middle objectives, maybe kill an enemy and then get hit in the back.

Anyone have tips on how to make Zavod 311 fun? I like pretty much all the maps except this one; it feels like you either get lucky with snagging the Little Bird or you run in circles in the middle objectives, maybe kill an enemy and then get hit in the back.

avoid the middle objectives and stick to defending/attacking the 4 on the ends.

burnfout

Really? My favorite map along with propaganda, I usually set insane scores, and I hate using the little bird on this map haha.

I usually traverse between E and B while laying mines, and than capping C en D in between while laying claymores. I try to avoid A and F for the most part.

Ralemont

not me
Really? My favorite map along with propaganda, I usually set insane scores, and I hate using the little bird on this map haha.

I usually traverse between E and B while laying mines, and than capping C en D in between while laying claymores. I try to avoid A and F for the most part.

Yeah, I dunno. It just feels like there aren't any good entrenchment points in C and D so I'm always getting shot by people I don't see. I'll give claymores a chance, good idea.

I do really enjoy taking/defending B. E is more of a crapshoot with how open it is. Maybe the answer is to just avoid the middle as suggested.

TheSeks

Fl4mJbY.gif

Colored reticle and hitmarkers are in. Finally I can have black kill-confirmed markers, green normal and red headshots. GAUDY AS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK but works.
Until night maps hit which will fuck my kill confirmed

Further spoiler:
So is suppression spawning and I think the "improved" CTE medibag suppression change which is for the better. Still not "launch" good but still better than the shit it was when they changed it.

Oh and the rank/class icons on vehicles. No more getting in a ranked 10 helicopter. No ma'am.

New player gating
New players can now quickmatch into special servers until reach ing rank 10, giving them a chance to learn playing Battlefield 4 against other new players.
oh wow.

Premium Playlists
Three new playlists are added catering to various playstyles and including maps from a
ll expansions and base game combined. New Premium playlists have been added: The Battlefield, Close Quarters and Large Scale Battles focuses on three distinct type of game
modes and map combinations to create the best possible experience
oooooooo

Lulu23

Except that it's really shitty because the map rotation isn't really mixed:

First it's Conquest Small on a couple vanilla maps, then two from each DLC. Same goes for the other modes in the "The Battlefield" rotation. Sucks ass.

Edit: I'm really mad about this, it's something so simple yet they are too lazy to implement it.

Also, WHY THE HELL do I go onto servers somebody rented when I set Quick Match to "official". I don't want to see peoples stupid banners (and I don't get why somebody would rent a server but keep it at default settings).

IS THIS REAL LIFE!?!?!?!

just updated on 360

The Battlefield

YEAR 1 MAPS (ominous menu choice there eh?)

Zavod CQS
Golmud CQS
Shanghai CQS
Rogue CQS
Oman CQS
Caspian CQS
Silk Road CQS
Guilin CQS
Wave Breaker CQS
Mortar CQS
Propaganda CQS
Pearl Market CQS
Karelia CQS
Hammerhead CQS
Locker RUSH
Zavod RUSH
Shanghai RUSH
Paracel RUSH
Metro RUSH
Silk Road RUSH ... hold up... the fuck?
Nansha RUSH
Propaganda RUSH
Hammerhead RUSH
Shanghai OBL
Locker OBL (did they ever fix the ability to lockdown on this?)
Flood Zone OBL
Dawnbreaker OBL
Oman OBL
Guilin OBL
Wave Breaker OBL
Pearl Market OBL
Whiteout OBL

Close Quarters

YEAR 1 MAPS

Shanghai TDM
Zavod TDM
Dawnbreaker TDM
Golmud TDM
Metro TDM
Silk Road TDM
Lost Islands TDM
Pearl Market TDM
Karelia TDM
Shanghai DOM
Zavod DOM
Lancang DOM
Paracel DOM
Oman DOM
Caspian DOM
Silk Road DOM
Dragon Pass DOM
Mortar DOM
Propaganda DOM
Pearl Market DOM
Hammerhead DOM

TheSeks

No they didn't fix Locker Sabo's base issues. They also haven't fixed the ability to put the bomb on the mountain or "off the mountain"/out-of-bounds-and-can't-climb-back-up-with-it trolling areas on starting set attack spawn for the map.

DICE™-LA™ fixes.

#based™

Heysoos

that 10 Unica Headshot thing is such a pain. It's not that bad, but I have to pretty much catch someone unaware to get the headshot. Got 12 yesterday, haven't been able to get one today. :(

Top Bottom