• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Spl1nter

T8Pwuko.png

This is a surprise.

Facism

yaaaaaaay another fucking server that autobalances me onto the losing team right at the end of the game after putting in work to win the round.

Absolute trash servers, those ones.

Facism

4 servers tonight autobalancing me to the losing team.

I'm not putting in the work to give myself a big fucking L each time you thick fucking admins.

Facism

Stop being gud, bro.

It's not even a case of being gud. It's a shitty server mechanic that just promotes quitting and penalising players because they happen to be the last guy to join after the first 15 auto-balanced players quit the game.

I've just been rejoining to get back on my team and hiding like a shitty recon so i don't get balanced on death :/ That or quitting asap so the game isn't taken into account on my stats.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, midround balance just is ugh. DICE-LA is looking into autobalance that isn't mid-round AFAIK. I just pray they listen to those of us that hate that.

Mahonay

Banned
Started showing my buddy the Battlefield ropes today and I was able to get him up to 3rd on our team one round as he helped me wreak havok in a tank on Golmud Railway. Feel good meng.

CryptiK

If anyone is really good at using the cinematic tools here can you please PM me. I'm looking for a few small animations to be done and willing to pay 10 USD( I know its not much but Im poor)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm so sad that the admins of the silk road tbag room ruined their own server by increasing the tickets to max. ;(

owlbeak

Finally ready to pick up Premium for this game now that it works properly 99% of the time.

Any deals on Premium (PS4) or is full price still a good call. I have Second Assault and China Rising.

Facism

about done with this shit. EU is littered with bad servers with horrid autobalance rules that do nothing but frustrate and fuck people off. Can't get a single game done without being shuffled to the losing team after a full round of getting the win.

about done with this shit. EU is littered with bad servers with horrid autobalance rules that do nothing but frustrate and fuck people off. Can't get a single game done without being shuffled to the losing team after a full round of getting the win.

Hmm, weird. I dont remember the last time i was auto-balanced to the other team. But im in NA.

burnfout

What system are you playing? I've never seen this on PS4 in eu?

Kabuto

just mastered the Groza-1 yesterday. It's not bad honestly; reminds me of the A-91.

Trying out the Groza-4 now and it's so bad :/ It's so difficult to hit a moving target with it.

TheSeks

#2EZ: The Zodiac Assignment

Can't wait to mow people down with the RHIB today on Paracel. Kek.

just mastered the Groza-1 yesterday. It's not bad honestly; reminds me of the A-91.

Trying out the Groza-4 now and it's so bad :/ It's so difficult to hit a moving target with it.

For both, hipfire. Always. It's the same gun, basically with magazine sizes only being the difference IIRC. Since the GROZA-4 is a SMG (in-game) it should also have the bullpup bonus that helps hip-fire on SMGs IIRC.

Repo Man

Great, can't play BF4 as Origin for some reason thinks I am in europe somewhere.

I can't even login to Origin and I live in Europe! o_O

Is there some hacking shit going on again because PSN was playing up, Gaf was playing up and Origin is now playing up ?

BoatAck

Great, can't play BF4 as Origin for some reason thinks I am in europe somewhere.

Yeah, the currency on the Origin store is all in Euros for me. Yesterday I was in a chat with EA support and they were no help. It looks like a lot of people are having the same problem.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yeah, the currency on the Origin store is all in Euros for me. Yesterday I was in a chat with EA support and they were no help. It looks like a lot of people are having the same problem.
I managed to get to play BF4 by deactivating ipv6, seems a strange fix, not sure if it fixed the store or not. Scared the crap out of me though, couldn't log in to BF4, origin was in euros, I thought for sure I had been hacked.

Digby

Neo Member
Hey guys. Can someone sum up the current state of the game on PS4? Is it stable and easy to run a squad with friends?

Daffy Duck

Just jumped back on this for a bit after not playing for many months, boy I got wasted everywhere I went lol.

It's so different to play now to how I remember.

It's a great game. Massive learning curve though after months off.

patchday

Need to boot this game up. Had a bit of fun with it. Can't wait for SW Battlefront though. Cause I have always been more of a BF 2142 fan. Never was into the modern warfare stuff much

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just got my code for CTE on Xbox One. Anyone else waiting for it keep an eye on your inbox.

Orcus

Just got my code for CTE on Xbox One. Anyone else waiting for it keep an eye on your inbox.
Does anyone know how this works yet? Is it a separate install? Will I be able to go back and play regular bf4 with friends? I want to try out CTE, but not at the expense of being able to play bf with friends.

Yeah from what im reading, i get the impression that Battlefront isnt gonna be as "deep" as BF4. I dont see myself stopping BF4, especially with all the free content coming.

Battlefront is more like Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare as far as unlocks and mechanics go. So it won't be straight up competing with BF4 unless all the players fall in love with that game and won't have time to play anything else :D

I did like Battlefront II, don't get me wrong, but I always found the overpowered "now you can play darth vader wack-a-mole-ing wookies" a bit shallow.

I've always had a difficult time with objective based FPS. We have to go way back to allied Assault (if you guys remember) to a time where the objective based game modes made a lot more sense.
I think BF has always been the omission because the game works on many planes. It works as a team based FFA, it works as a fuck-yall-ill-just-do-the-best-i-can-with-the-class-I-am or you can sit there and count down the tickets trying to get teh win.

I feel like Battlefront, is banking on the amazing visuals but the problem with objective based game modes is that they often play out the same way. I don't know... I see CSGO, TF2, and everyone else has failed except for BF.
This genre has really fallen (overall) in my mind and its too bad!

TheSeks

Uh... CS plays very different from TF2's objective mode which plays very different from Battlefield's which is similar but different to Call of Dutys.

I'm not sure where you're seeing them being "same" outside of "same objective/goal." Which is kinda condensing their particular flavor of the mode down.

In any case: I don't have much interest in Battlefront 3 since 1) No Rush and 2) No Sabotage.

Uh... CS plays very different from TF2's objective mode which plays very different from Battlefield's which is similar but different to Call of Dutys.

I'm not sure where you're seeing them being "same" outside of "same objective/goal." Which is kinda condensing their particular flavor of the mode down.

In any case: I don't have much interest in Battlefront 3 since 1) No Rush and 2) No Sabotage.

I just meant CS and TF2 are very old games.

BF4 is basically the only modern objective based game that is not cannibalized on itself, and thus - I ponder when Hardline and Battlefront are rearing. That's all I meant.

I look at Call of Duty and ask myself how they could fuck up that bad. Or on TitanFall which deserved so much better!

Top Bottom