• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheShocker

I picked this up on PSN for $15. Couldn't pass it up at that price. I'm a premium member on Xbox One, but wanted to get some MP love on my PS4, especially after getting rid of Hardline.

Feel free to add me on either console:

TheShockerX

Tubie

So why is Hardline dead? Even PS4/Xbox One numbers are steadily getting worse as well and those PC numbers, wow.

They fucked up the launch of the game and many people left and never came back. The game sold decently (on XB1 and PS4), the problem was it didn't keep people playing it for long.

Some of the main problems for me:
-TDM was and still is a mess to me, they made it 64 players because they either had no time or the man power to make smaller sections of the maps (like in BF4) to make smaller modes, the spawns were also terrible.

-They released few weapons and even then only a handful of those were just OP as fuck. They actually released a true to life Kriss Vector.... yea magnum bullets (34dmg), 1200 RPM, super fast reload and a 36 round magazine... The M16A3 and the M416 (850 RPM in BFH) were also just ridiculous because the damage drop off for the assault rifles in this game started at 40 yards. So weapon balance has been all over the place since the beginning.

-They've addressed weapon balanced with 2 patches, but that's all they've done in the 3 months the game has been out and the game is still missing a lot of the features they promised for Premium members. It's very clear to me EA moved most of the BFH team onto other projects as soon as the game came out and now Hardline is handled by a skeleton crew.

-Hotwire. The game's most interesting mode only came out with 5 maps, and in the recently released new DLC they only added 1 Hotwire map. That to me is the main reason I barely play at all anymore.

-Conquest Large. Absolutely trash on most maps, because most maps are made for Heist or Blood Money so with 64 players it pretty much becomes a "shoot me in the back" simulator. The new maps in the DLC are even worse in this regard. Oh, and instead of fixing or making better maps they simply added a 64 player kill confirmed mode lol.

It's a real shame because behind all the problems there's a truly unique and fun game, the problem is that Visceral half assed almost everything in this game. The game eventually stops being fun because you get to a point where it's impossible to ignore the problems, and the way the devs act give no hope it will ever get fixed.

And these are just my personal grievances, the game probably has more problems that I simply forgot about.

Xux

They should put a double-barrelled shotgun in this game so I don't have reason to be curious about Hardline.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So why is Hardline dead? Even PS4/Xbox One numbers are steadily getting worse as well and those PC numbers, wow.

Because Battleflop: Hardflop just isn't good. It's a BF4 mod EA is charging $60 to play NasWired--er--HotCar--er--Nascar--er--"Hotwired" in for ~50 + boosts to reach the cap.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No Rush. No Sabotage. Driving around in circles for hours. Final destination: #deadgame

Was itching to get back into some FPS MP action and BF4 is currently on sale and I just bought a new 970 (from a 6970). How's the community on PC vs Hardline. Pretty healthy still? I saw that Dice doesn't plan to release another mainline BF game until late next year.

Tubie

Was itching to get back into some FPS MP action and BF4 is currently on sale and I just bought a new 970 (from a 6970). How's the community on PC vs Hardline. Pretty healthy still? I saw that Dice doesn't plan to release another mainline BF game until late next year.

BF4 is still going strong on all platforms, Hardline is basically dead on every platform except the XB1 and PS4.

Ark

I keep coming back to BF4 for a few spells every couple of months and the same servers I have on my favourites are always populated. The community seems really steady at the moment and it's great.

BF4 will definitely manage to hold me over until battlefront hits.

BF4 is still going strong on all platforms, Hardline is basically dead on every platform except the XB1 and PS4.

I keep coming back to BF4 for a few spells every couple of months and the same servers I have on my favourites are always populated. The community seems really steady at the moment and it's great.

BF4 will definitely manage to hold me over until battlefront hits.

Great to hear. Just picked up the Premium Edition on Origin. What really convinced me was looking at the BF4 and BFH stats. BFH seems dead.

TheSeks

Hopefully DICE does another 2XP week next week/4th of July on all platforms so you can get your unlocks quickly.
And I can finally reach the goddamn cap

TheSeks

Kane is telling me that Dragon Pass is just "cues" of Valley. Still weird that they're going back to that well to remake it. Begs the question of: Why didn't they just do that the first time for China Rising?

Poll results: https://www.surveymonkey.net/results/SM-5GS6N3N9/

LMAO @ BF3 results

ocho pls

Kane is telling me that Dragon Pass is just "cues" of Valley. Still weird that they're going back to that well to remake it. Begs the question of: Why didn't they just do that the first time for China Rising?

because DICE. Generally speaking Dragon Valley is a lot more different than Dragon Pass, such as the former being an actually good map for example.

TheSeks

because DICE. Generally speaking Dragon Valley is a lot more different than Dragon Pass, such as the former being an actually good map for example.

Nonono, you misunderstand. If their idea was go do Dragon Valley... why not just REMAKE that already instead of basing ideas off it? Like I said: Seems weird they're going back to that well when their "re-imagining" failed and they could've just remade it in the first place.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
"If a Battlefield 2 map was to be reimagined in Battlefield 4, which map(s) would you prefer?"

#5 of 29:

Gulf of Oman

I... okay...

Facism

god FUCK autobalance. Spent the entire round putting in work to dominate the other team only to get switched when they've got 130 tickets left.

server mods you're as thick as a curdled turd if you think autobalance does anything other than

a)piss people off
b)cause people to quit the server

What's with the recent influx of player on xbox one? did it get a huge sale or something?

HbuI9oF.jpg

TheSeks

"If a Battlefield 2 map was to be reimagined in Battlefield 4, which map(s) would you prefer?"

#5 of 29:

Gulf of Oman

I... okay...

Gulf of Oman BF3/4 != Gulf of Oman BF2.

Go boot BF2 and load Gulf of Oman, marvel at the trains and redone layout.

Nvzman

That Battlefront UI though...

UGH-ly. DICE plz, just hire whoever you had do Battlefield 3's do Battlefield 3's again. Muuuuch better use of your time. Or hire their graphic artists. Geez.
BF3's HUD had so much unimportant shit on it. What are you talking about?

TheSeks

So, the numbers will die out soon again i guess

Maybe, maybe not. Hardflop is dying faster than BF4. Given EA access is "free" ownership so long as you're subbed, it depends on how many of the subs retain their ownership/continue to play.

The classic BF map that's coming to BF4 is...

Dragon Valley

godisreal.gif

DICE loves us. I am happy they didnt listen to the majority only. It even has repairable bridges.

Yeah, this might be enough to bring me back.

Watching videos of the map from the usual suspects (Level, Matimi0, jack, etc.). LOL at Level's "*SIGH* it's a big, classic-style BF map, but we already have a lot of those and most people want infantry-focused maps" comments.

9p9Lkzk.jpg

TheSeks

Eh, I'm ambivalent. I just find it funny they chose to "remake"/inspired-by it the first time when the easiest route would've been to just... remake it in the first place.

In any case the pass on CTE right now is REALLY unoptimized. Like: Same settings in Live/CTE normally gives me 50-60FPS. Here? 15-20FPS. Which is just oof.

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah, this might be enough to bring me back.

Watching videos of the map from the usual suspects (Level, Matimi0, jack, etc.). LOL at Level's "*SIGH* it's a big, classic-style BF map, but we already have a lot of those and most people want infantry-focused maps" comments.

9p9Lkzk.jpg

Can't stand levelcap. He should just stick with Hardline videos because evidently he'd rather be playing infantry maps.

Omni

I almost forgot. I got a PS4 the other day and bought BF4 for it. I'm mainly an Xbox guy so my friends list is only like... 7 people long and as such I don't have too many to play with.

ANYWAY. If anyone still plays and wants to squad up some time, send me a friend request. PSN is just "randomrosso"

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Did anyone else get a message about the CTE preview program on Xbone and were unable to redeem anything for it?

TheSeks

i was like....

YES!

wait.. where is it!?

nooooooo

I don't think you need a survey:

https://twitter.com/BFBulletin/status/614115264905543680

or, more Directly: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-cte-comes-to-xbox-one/

DICE-LA said:
In order to participate, you’ll need to own Battlefield 4 on Xbox One, be a Battlefield 4 Premium member for the Xbox One, and be a member of the Xbox One Preview program (learn how to get invited by a friend who is in the XBPP here). Once you’ve signed up and have been selected, the Battlefield 4 CTE build will be available in the Xbox Marketplace.

That preview program requirement will cut them off at the knees, but it's pretty much the same as CTE on PC: Be a premium member and sign up.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I don't think you need a survey:

https://twitter.com/BFBulletin/status/614115264905543680

or, more Directly: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-cte-comes-to-xbox-one/
DICE-LA said:
In order to participate, you’ll need to own Battlefield 4 on Xbox One, be a Battlefield 4 Premium member for the Xbox One, and be a member of the Xbox One Preview program (learn how to get invited by a friend who is in the XBPP here). Once you’ve signed up and have been selected, the Battlefield 4 CTE build will be available in the Xbox Marketplace.
That preview program requirement will cut them off at the knees, but it's pretty much the same as CTE on PC: Be a premium member and sign up.

to be able to get to it in the Xbox Marketplace you have to complete the survey. it won't show via browsing or searching. you have to fill out the survey then you get a direct link to the download on the console.

TheSeks

to be able to get to it in the Xbox Marketplace you have to complete the survey. it won't show via browsing or searching. you have to fill out the survey then you get a direct link to the download on the console.

Did you just go to CTE.battlelog.com and sign in with your EA/Origin account information and then see if your X-box profile is there? I really don't see why they wouldn't mention that survey in that post if it was required.

Did you just go to CTE.battlelog.com and sign in with your EA/Origin account information and then see if your X-box profile is there? I really don't see why they wouldn't mention that survey in that post if it was required.

it's mentioned in the Xbox One Preview Dashboard. in several places. survey's up now too.

TheSeks

Well, if you get in make sure to push Rush/Sabotage for me. I gave up on trying to get them to listen to some "minority modes" at this point. *sigh*

TheSeks

Just completed the survey. How long does it take for the access or app to show up?

no idea. still waiting.

It's been pushed back. July 6th at the latest:

https://twitter.com/tiggr_/status/614219529380499456

https://twitter.com/tiggr_/status/614219744695025665

DICE-LA is also on vacation next week. So that's why CTE for X-box 720 isn't there next week. If you guys are serious about being in the CTE, you need to start to follow T1gge's twitter account and the CTE account and post to the subreddit, maybe.

Top Bottom