• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

That reminds me, I still got 5-4 more headshots to get. I need to get on that tonight.

did One last night, gotta do it on 4 today.

https://twitter.com/tiggr_/status/624259164756295680

Summer patch is rolling out on CTE (for console/X-box? and) PC today apparently. We'll see if they get population numbers since it's #DEADTEST 24/7.

oh boy, hope its not fifty gee bees. and their CTE servers on One have been pretty dead most times i tried them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
oh wow, so they're adding vehicle turret sliders to console in the CTE?

no more turtle speed turret turning!?!?!?

??? Haven't you just been able to up the vehicle sensitivity slider like mouses?

If anything I want the damn gunner seat turret to not be like it's a rabbit on MDMA when it comes to accurate gunning. BC2's turret seat still feels the best.

and their CTE servers on One have been pretty dead most times i tried them.

I pretty much stated that when they announced the X-box version was coming. "Don't expect the servers to be full, guys. PC's never are."

Maybe they are in New Zealand and Europe, I dunno. But America's are dead dead dead even during prime-time for 'Live'/BF4 proper. Even giving people dogtags doesn't populate them unless they're giving out guns ahead of schedule.

TheSeks

LMAO at this 64-player 120Hz server testing on CTE right now. Walking on water. 5 second fall damage delay. "Invincible"/lagged EOD bot hitboxes. Etc.

im_dany

I'm trying to get the 3 jet ribbons to unlock the UCAV but only got one so far. Everytime I'm close in getting a kill they just fly into the ground to suicide and I don't get a kill. Does that happen everywhere? I'm playing Air Superiority on Xbox 360

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
Use the guided missiles on a water map to take out boats and you'll get 3 kills easily. That was the advise given to me when i was a struggling pilot and it worked like a charm. They have since nerfed the guide missile but its still the easiest way to stack kills from a jet.

That said, the UCAV mostly blows chunks since they gave it that silly spawn delay. Still decent to have in your back pocket on certain maps though I guess.

im_dany

Use the guided missiles on a water map to take out boats and you'll get 3 kills easily. That was the advise given to me when i was a struggling pilot and it worked like a charm. They have since nerfed the guide missile but its still the easiest way to stack kills from a jet.
I'm going to try it asap, thanks.

That said, the UCAV mostly blows chunks since they gave it that silly spawn delay. Still decent to have in your back pocket on certain maps though I guess.
I'm just trying to complete all the achievements since I plan on upgrading to the superior next-gen version later this year.

TheSeks

I'm just trying to complete all the achievements.

I wish you good luck. I have the PS3 version bought but haven't bothered with it because of the stupid "all assignment" achievements. Blech.

im_dany

I wish you good luck. I have the PS3 version bought but haven't bothered with it because of the stupid "all assignment" achievements. Blech.

They're not even that hard IMHO, they require a lot of luck and grinding.

Anyway I tried this morning with the laser missiles but I can't get 5 kills in a round, I'm just too bad with jets :/ and people always suicide in Air Superiority

TheSeks

They're not even that hard IMHO, they require a lot of luck and grinding.

Just on PC (my main platform) I have yet to get the last 10-kill streak Second Assault one, the win by 30 tickets or less in Chain Link Dragon Teeth one, and a few Final Assault ones (because nobody plays Final Assault/DLC maps in Rush/Sabotage trollolololol) so yeah: Impossible.

im_dany

Just on PC (my main platform) I have yet to get the last 10-kill streak Second Assault one, the win by 30 tickets or less in Chain Link Dragon Teeth one, and a few Final Assault ones (because nobody plays Final Assault/DLC maps in Rush/Sabotage trollolololol) so yeah: Impossible.

Thankfully they didn't make a "complete all assignements" achievement for Second Assault and Naval Strike on console lol

TheSeks

i can't imagine how ridiculous it is to get the bow on last gen

Certain spots spawn still on the maps despite the boundaries being smaller. Same with other modes. But you only need one (and the Phantom Programs done, ugh) for it.

TheSeks

Thankfully they didn't make a "complete all assignements" achievement for Second Assault and Naval Strike on console lol

Huh, you're right. I still got Final Stand and Dragon Teeth to do. Final Stands are nearly impossible (even if easy) on the modes I do play since nobody plays DLC maps. Dragon Teeth's only one that stops me is that stupid 30 tickets left one and I don't think anyone is (rightly) playing Chain Link anymore.

Still though, redoing China Rising, Final Stand, and Dragon Teeth's assignments for the acheivements would be ugh. I still haven't killed someone with the Metro fallout since people just shoot those away in the first few minutes.

Huh, you're right. I still got Final Stand and Dragon Teeth to do. Final Stands are nearly impossible (even if easy) on the modes I do play since nobody plays DLC maps. Dragon Teeth's only one that stops me is that stupid 30 tickets left one and I don't think anyone is (rightly) playing Chain Link anymore.

Still though, redoing China Rising, Final Stand, and Dragon Teeth's assignments for the acheivements would be ugh. I still haven't killed someone with the Metro fallout since people just shoot those away in the first few minutes.

speaking of Chain Link, i still can't believe that game ended like that.

and man, those vehicle destroys with the railgun, i'm at 3/10 and 2/10 and it's just .... wtf ...

TheSeks

speaking of Chain Link, i still can't believe that game ended like that.

and man, those vehicle destroys with the railgun, i'm at 3/10 and 2/10 and it's just .... wtf ...

I didn't even bother with the railgun when Final Stand was being played on my two modes. Too much of a hassle to get kills with it, IMO. I still haven't gotten a kill with that flying drone because it takes wayyy too many bullets to kill someone. And the stationary AA just sucks IMO.

im_dany

I didn't even bother with the railgun when Final Stand was being played on my two modes. Too much of a hassle to get kills with it, IMO. I still haven't gotten a kill with that flying drone because it takes wayyy too many bullets to kill someone. And the stationary AA just sucks IMO.

I'm at 3/10 vehicle kills with the railgun and 9/25 kills with the Schipunov turret, I already completed the other assignments except for the 10 kills on each map.
I need some luck for the jet ribbons or I'll never complete it :/

terrible

Banned
Shotguns are so ridiculous right now. Out of boredom (and I guess revenge) I started using the DAO-12 in Domination and I've never seen so many hate messages and teabaggings thrown my way. I don't even know how to respond to the messages because I get where they are coming from. You can outgun people up to 50m sometimes, it's crazy.

Shotguns are so ridiculous right now. Out of boredom (and I guess revenge) I started using the DAO-12 in Domination and I've never seen so many hate messages and teabaggings thrown my way. I don't even know how to respond to the messages because I get where they are coming from. You can outgun people up to 50m sometimes, it's crazy.
Tell them to play Conquest if the average engagement distance is too close for their AR

TheSeks

Eh, I feel like shotguns still have weird hit register problems. You can hipfire someone at 5 feet, get two hit markers for two blasts and still not kill them. Empty your entire magazine at them and no kill. Only for them to turn around and blow you away with one pump of their shotgun. >:|

terrible

Banned
Shotguns are still very inconsistent but the "you don't have to aim" nature of them makes them deadly even in the hands of the worst players. Just run forward and fire, no aiming or smarts needed. That means a massive number of players are using them making way too many encounters a one hit kill/death affair.

TheSeks

at least they were balancing for the right modes this time, unlike the UCAV/Mortar nerf

The CUAV was really only a problem on Rush. If anything, giving it that 30 second nerf was needed in a few others on certain maps but it wasn't a huge problem.

I can't recall mortar abuse on Rush or any other mode because generally they were pretty easy to avoid unless you had like 2-3 people coordinating on a certain spot like Rush arm sets but even then they were limited. You'd need an entire team staggering shots to prevent a disarm.

The CUAV was really only a problem on Rush. If anything, giving it that 30 second nerf was needed in a few others on certain maps but it wasn't a huge problem.

I can't recall mortar abuse on Rush or any other mode because generally they were pretty easy to avoid unless you had like 2-3 people coordinating on a certain spot like Rush arm sets but even then they were limited. You'd need an entire team staggering shots to prevent a disarm.

pretty sure the 37 people that played Defuse threw a party when the nerf happened

TheSeks

Did they actually nerf them for Defuse? That would blow my mind.

terrible

Banned
at least they were balancing for the right modes this time, unlike the UCAV/Mortar nerf

It'd be cool if they could balance things separately for each mode. That'd be pretty complicated and it'd probably add to the learning curve but I don't care.

The UCAV should just be removed though. It was a stupid idea to start with.

Kabuto

Ya, you can do well with any of the shotguns now; the range they have is insane. With a Full Choke, you can easily kill people mid-range.

Facism

Loving this trend of autokilling players who use sniper rifles/DMRs or limiting sniper weapons to 2 per team. Based-autoadmin, sometimes you suck hard (autobalance) and sometimes you suck well.

VariantX

I just found out there's 5 more maps coming for free? That's fucking amazing, if true (got it from the Battlefield 4 wiki).

well 3 of those are night versions of vanilla maps which should play quite different, 1 is a remake of a BF2 map and the other is brand new. Wish we could have gotten a night version of caspian border though thats probably off the table because it was paid DLC.

TheSeks

Faceless does, IIRC. Some of the PS3 regulars do as well though I haven't seen them on Battlelog often these days.
----

In other news: Hardflop gets a 2XP event this weekend, meanwhile BF4... doesn't. :|

Oh well, I'm only 400,000 or so from being done grinding. Can't be that bad to do without 2XP I guess.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
just a reminder that there is a community challenge that is kinda fun. I don't pay attention to them usually but a free gold pack for 99 m4 carbine kills made playing 4 rounds in a row of locker worth it.

any rumors of another rank increase? I have a ton of multipliers and miss the grind.

is there anybody still playing on PS4? I just got this and need gaf friends to play with.
PS4 sc: Aztec_84
added!

Faceless does, IIRC. Some of the PS3 regulars do as well though I haven't seen them on Battlelog often these days.
----

In other news: Hardflop gets a 2XP event this weekend, meanwhile BF4... doesn't. :|

Oh well, I'm only 400,000 or so from being done grinding. Can't be that bad to do without 2XP I guess.

i've only really been playing on PS4 lately for the assignments. been getting all the One stuff unlocked, heading into the home stretch now.

TheSeks

Ugh. Nothing but straight up losses with like 1-2 wins out of 10 rounds tonight. Pissing me off. Nothing but stacked teams (LITERALLY no balancing to where teams are 2-5 unbalanced), or stacked clan teams (LITERALLY 7 people with the same tag doing work, of course I can't be one to point fingers since former PS3GAF...) or just general bullshit teammate trolling (not taking the bomb to the boat but to our base).

I think once I hit the cap I'm going to wash my mouth with Bad Company 2 for a few months. I'm getting pissed at this community.

TheSeks

Taking a break from BF games?

Nah, I'm going to hit this cap and then probably finish the three classes I need to unlock shit in in Bad Company 2. But I'm just angry about the server I played on tonight. Trolls on my side against a stacked clan side. Drove me crazy.

Joe

I have all the expansions but the only expansion bf4 map I've played is metro. I like it a lot but what other maps should I check out? Getting tired of the original maps.

Top Bottom