• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I have all the expansions but the only expansion bf4 map I've played is metro. I like it a lot but what other maps should I check out? Getting tired of the original maps.

Naval Strike and Final Stand. Maybe Oman... maybe.

Otherwise, the rest of them (ESPECIALLY DRAGON TEETH) you can skip.

Dragon Teeth's only good map is the park but they fucked up spawns there.

TheSeks

Ah yes, UCAV Garden. Great map for UCAV + Mortar combo.

Not much good for those outside of Rush and maybe Conquest. Sabotage has people moving about, but the fucked over Chinese side spawns ruin that map for that mode.

im_dany

I managed to get the jet ribbons and I'm trying to get the 20 UCAV kills... how am I supposed to do that? I found online that they nerfed it. 60 seconds wait to use it? They could've just removed it from the game and it would've been more useful.

Tubie

I managed to get the jet ribbons and I'm trying to get the 20 UCAV kills... how am I supposed to do that? I found online that they nerfed it. 60 seconds wait to use it? They could've just removed it from the game and it would've been more useful.

It was a royal pain when I did it. And the nerf they did was add the 60 second timer before you can use at the start of a match. The re-supply rate has always been the same otherwise (I think).

Nvzman

Honestly I'm glad shotguns got buffed. Fuck the haters, for once their AR doesn't dominate.
I do think some of the shotguns need a slight range nerf on the buckshot though, like the SPAS 12 and SAIGA. SPAS is ridiculous now, makes using the 870 feel pointless.

TheSeks

Is Pearl Market a map that gets a lot of hate? I've always found it pretty enjoyable.

I loathe Pearl Market. I dunno about the rest of the community but some lean toward hating it like me. I know a few on GAF prefer it (Splinter) but it's just vomit-inducing central for me.

The idea is good. But the execution on modes that aren't Conquest is just bad bad bad.

Ocho

I loathe Pearl Market. I dunno about the rest of the community but some lean toward hating it like me. I know a few on GAF prefer it (Splinter) but it's just vomit-inducing central for me.

The idea is good. But the execution on modes that aren't Conquest is just bad bad bad.

Only when I'm driving the car and giving him 40 kills.

Spl1nter

I dont prefer it, but I do not hate it either. It is what it is.

I was playing this game just fine on PS4 this morning.

Now every single game I tried joining I was in a queue of at least 15 people and now the game won't load. It just locks at a black screen.

Anyone else getting this? Player count online is down below average, too.

Orcus

I was playing this game just fine on PS4 this morning.

Now every single game I tried joining I was in a queue of at least 15 people and now the game won't load. It just locks at a black screen.

Anyone else getting this? Player count online is down below average, too.

It's like that on XBO as well. They are either having server problems or getting attacked.

Does anyone have a log of all the changes since launch?

I sold this game in the first month but want to go back to fix my itch. I want to believe it has improved significantly.

Is there any counter to Commander dropping a UAV on you? I hated being constantly lit up

Tubie

Does anyone have a log of all the changes since launch?

I sold this game in the first month but want to go back to fix my itch. I want to believe it has improved significantly.

Is there any counter to Commander dropping a UAV on you? I hated being constantly lit up

If there were something like that, it would be massive. They have changed and fixed a LOT of things.

Actually here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/view/2955064768683803785/

That has all the updates since release in 2013.

TheSeks

I really can't see CTF working on the map. Having been through it on CTE. Like most Conquest maps they don't really fit the CTF mode.

Whereas Sabotage works.

olimpia84

Spotting got messed up after the last patch I'm assuming? I clearly have enemies on my sight and sometimes even enemy vehicles taking my entire screen and the game won't spot them for me.

TheSeks

Spotting got messed up after the last patch I'm assuming? I clearly have enemies on my sight and sometimes even enemy vehicles taking my entire screen and the game won't spot them for me.

It got a range nerf. You can't just QQQQQQQQQ from hip-fire. You have to AIM at the person at like 300meters to spot them now.

Yeah, that change fucking sucks. Blame whiners about "OMG MAH DORITOS" about it.

TheSeks

In other news:

11864803_10100929627228395_2240936348323799199_o.jpg

Still got it, 5+ years later despite me going to PC.

I seriously don't know how I was able to handle controllers coming from PC now. It's like eating a Steak with chopsticks. Sure you can do that. But why would you?

I couldn't even hit the UAV with an LMG anymore. So bad at over-under aiming with these sticks now. :/

TheSeks

How many people did they send out invites to? I never got one.

Whoever is in the preview program.

Also Faceless, I told you.

PC CTE is just as dead outside of the DICE-LA playtests and even then they go back to quickly being dead right after.

CTE is only busy if: New maps/weapons are in the client. I don't doubt the same will happen on X-box if more people finally get the CTE invites after the hurdle of the preview program is cleared.

Ocho

In other news:

Still got it, 5+ years later despite me going to PC.

I seriously don't know how I was able to handle controllers coming from PC now. It's like eating a Steak with chopsticks. Sure you can do that. But why would you?

I couldn't even hit the UAV with an LMG anymore. So bad at over-under aiming with these sticks now. :/

1.18 kdr you suck, Seks.

TheSeks

1.18 kdr you suck, Seks.

Thanks for the input.

Anyway, Me and Calion won two rounds. Lost two because the remaining players which were max rank didn't know how to defend for the life of them. :/ Like I'd literally be the only player on the crate while five of the enemy could come. Had a moment where the BC2 knife vortex basically had me zig-zagging back and forth over a crate to stop the attackers which was funny but I can see why DICE (thankfully) changed that in BF3/4 a little.

olimpia84

It got a range nerf. You can't just QQQQQQQQQ from hip-fire. You have to AIM at the person at like 300meters to spot them now.

Yeah, that change fucking sucks. Blame whiners about "OMG MAH DORITOS" about it.

That's dumb. Hardly anybody uses the spot function and now they make it even more limited? ugh

TheSeks

That's dumb. Hardly anybody uses the spot function and now they make it even more limited? ugh

"BUT MAH LACK OF FLANK OPTIONS!"

I mean they have a valid point in that spotting showed you things that you normally wouldn't see on the map with foliage blocking you. The problem was that: It showing you things that you couldn't see on the map with normal vision.

But in typical DICE-LA fashion (sup SRAW nerf) instead of fixing the problem (loop backs on the SRAW for air vehicles to where they can't dodge it) they instead nerf the entire thing instead of changing the one thing (make the SRAW like the AT4 of Bad Company 2. Good players will still hit jets and helicopters in the air while bad players still attempt but are able to be dodges with no "loop back" because the missile continues ever forward) that was the problem.

CTE™.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

PC CTE is just as dead outside of the DICE-LA playtests and even then they go back to quickly being dead right after.

CTE is only busy if: New maps/weapons are in the client. I don't doubt the same will happen on X-box if more people finally get the CTE invites after the hurdle of the preview program is cleared.

I'm in the preview program and have premium and nothing for me :(

VariantX

Preview program? Up until now, I heard nothing from DICE's end that people had to also be apart of the preview program to have access to CTE on XB1. Then CTE is essentially pointless for XB1 owners, since that's a tiny sliver of people cut out of another sliver of premium users.

TheSeks

Preview program? Up until now, I heard nothing from DICE's end that people had to also be apart of the preview program to have access to CTE on XB1. Then CTE is essentially pointless for XB1 owners, since that's a tiny sliver of people cut out of another sliver of premium users.

It's one of the REQUIREMENTS for CTE on X-box because it's MS rule to even ALLOW it on their consoles.

Besides, you just need to ask someone in the preview program to invite you, do the CTE survey and then wait.

There's not, since you're not going to be using high-powered scopes (READ: Anything that isn't the IRNV) if they didn't fix the scopes not being able to be seen in the dark issue.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Getting stuck back into this after a long hiatus.

Feels a little different, hard to pinpoint what, probably balance related stuff. But I'm reminded once again that of all the shooters I've played in my life, especially multiplayer, Battlefield 4's hit detection and bullet trajectory still makes no sense to me. It actually baffles me how poorly I've adapted to the game, and I don't consider myself bad at it. I do well, have the odd bad game. But yeah, I still don't "get" much of the gunplay and the physics behind it. I'll be lucky to play a game, especially with long range entanglements, without having several distinct moments of "I have no idea where my shots are going, nor why I'm missing the target".

Looking forward to Night Operations :)

TheSeks

Feels a little different, hard to pinpoint what, probably balance related stuff. But I'm reminded once again that of all the shooters I've played in my life, especially multiplayer, Battlefield 4's hit detection and bullet trajectory still makes no sense to me. It actually baffles me how poorly I've adapted to the game, and I don't consider myself bad at it. I do well, have the odd bad game. But yeah, I still don't "get" much of the gunplay and the physics behind it. I'll be lucky to play a game, especially with long range entanglements, without having several distinct moments of "I have no idea where my shots are going, nor why I'm missing the target".

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Suppression
http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Projectile_mechanics

?

Donos

I acutally tried to take the BF4 experience into Far Cry 4 and wondered why i didn't hit anything with long range sniper shots. Always tried to adjust for bullet drop...

TheSeks

I got an invite to CTE on Xbox one.. how do I download it?

I completed the survey.

Are you in the preview program? It should be in the preview program area for you to download.

TheSeks

Yep. Didn't see anything there. I'll check again. Thanks.

*edit

Nope not there. :/

Faceless should be able to tell you better than I because I don't have the console, I just know the specifics for the CTE testing to get in on that.

Top Bottom