• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Why the shitbag does EU Sony have to wait a week to get the new maps? :(

Starting to notice more and more the gradual shift in aerial play styles as the game has evolved - previously you would have some groups of players making a living out of camping the scout helo and putting very little effort in to rack up silly kill numbers (hilarious splash damage helped a lot), now even the best players struggle to make decent headway what with being forced to use the miniguns, to the point where even diehard anti-air infantry like me can't even be bothered to target them any more. The threat just isn't there unless you are out in the open and isolated.

Flip it over to the other side, and the same helo obsessives have all switched over to using the attack helo on Dawnbreaker/Siege exclusively, which is surprisingly hard to take down now the SRAW is useless and a building to hide behind is never more than 100m away. Short of getting lucky and disabling them into a building its been really challenging (AA with active radar still wrecks shit when available but they have been OP for a while - surprised DICE haven't caved and nerfed it yet). So now it finally feels like the Scout/Attack helo balance is at least vaguely realistic, which is promising.

Apart from the retard-level nerf on the UCAV, I don't really disagree with the state of the game at the minute - I've even started using post-nerf SLAMs as a way to disable armour before following up with an RPG, which *shock horror* is what they are actually for.

Lulu23

EU PS4 here, downloading a 4GB patch for BF4 right now.

I thought EU was gonna get the patch a week later?

I'll update as soon as it's done.

Enosh

PSA: map out, if on pc go to the origin store and search for "night operations" and buy the expansion, will show up at the same place as all the others (it's 0€), some 780 MB

it's fun, but only did 1 game on it, obviously most people running around with flirs and stuff like that, plus flares everywhere to counter them ^^
EU PS4 here, downloading a 4GB patch for BF4 right now.

I thought EU was gonna get the patch a week later?

I'll update as soon as it's done.
- September 1: The Summer Patch rolling out on all platforms worldwide.

you getting the map a week latter, patch seems to be the same for everyone

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, DICE-DICE is making it really easy for me to not care about any of their games post Mirror's Edge.

No server browser. No Rush/Sabotage.

Saving me money~

TheSeks

I alread hate Night Zavod lol

It's nothing more than people using IRNV like they've been doing. Oh sure, you can use Flares and Flashlights to attempt to counter that but it isn't as radical a gameplay change as DICE-LA claims it is.

Donos

fuck me for not letting the ps4 in sleep mode all the time.
Came home after a looong 12 hours business event and just wanted to play 3-4 round of Goldmud... 4 GB patch ... 3 hours left. Dat PSN speed. My full 50mbit would normally eat through that in 12 minutes.

Kabuto

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I alread hate Night Zavod lol
It makes the already thrilling game of will my T-UGS deploy here even more exciting as you now get no visual indication that there is a 50:50 chance that it will work like you used to.

Ark

I'm in love with Zavod Night. The lighting is sublime and the slower, more tactical pace of the game is fantastic.

No_Style

New games are back which is gonna make it tricky to find time for this latest content. Good to hear that it's a pretty good map.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
god dang I was so excited for Zavod night. Talk about let down.

did they used a map littered with knee high obstacles just to be dicks.

not one hardcore server today. last night they had one with 21 people in the queue.

not one full server of hardcore or reg so far today.

there are 21 modes to join in quickmatch. 18 of them are DOA. Why the hell did they need to make 3 more options just for one new night map? Does Dice take pride in splintering and destroying their own user base?

TheSeks

there are 21 modes to join in quickmatch. 18 of them are DOA. Why the hell did they need to make 3 more options just for one new night map? Does Dice take pride in splintering and destroying their own user base?

Because Demize99 just LUUUUUUUUUUUURVES quickmatch because he's a lazy git that can't use server filters to filter night maps with/without rotation.

Mahonay

Banned
Enjoyed what I played of Graveyard Shift Zavod. Definitely changes how that map plays out. It turns me into a sneaky little bastard that waits in the darkness at an objective waiting for the enemy to try and cap.

For my load out on the night map I always remove my laser sight, attach a suppressor, and just use my Kobra site since all the flashlights blind the shit out of the IRNV. I do attach a flashlight myself for the pitch black areas like the tunnel underneath the two warehouses.

ya, I don't use quick join ever but the server browser seems to be broken for XBone.
That sucks. For everything or just Graveyard Zavod?

So maybe im not getting it but, why would anyone wanna play on a map where you dont see shit and all you see are flashlights everywhere giving positions away? That was a horrible experience.

TheSeks

browser, if you select hardcore, no servers show up.

I was able to join hardcore servers through my favorites list.

Check to see if your filters reset. Patches always reset settings and shit and break things you set. :/

In other news: Thanks for the XP boosts when I've hit cap, DICE? No, really. SO USEFUL! :D!

(SMH)

Everyone seems to be using MBT laws now.

Yeah they are weak as hell, but I'm not a fan of people hitting my tank while Im moving fairly fast.

Half of these people wouldn't be able to make these shots with the RpG, Smaw, or even the SRAW.

Everyone seems to have abandoned the SRAW, including me. I'm using the SMAW right now.
But it's really slow. I can't hit choppers for the life of me.

I appreciate the lack of drop, but I may go back to the RPG.

But yeah, I'm sick of the MBT laws. Everyone seems to be using them. Its greatly increasing the amount of shots my tank has been taking.

I'd commend someone who pulled off a great SRAW shot. But these MBT laws are just noobish as hell.

Not a fan of the night map. Battlefield 4's gameplay isn't really conducive to a night environment. I hope the Community map and Dragon Valley come out before the end of the month or I'll probably never play them.

TheSeks

I started to use it because of the LAW clan. I stuck with it because of the Magnet pull and people whining about Parajavs and the SRAW nerf.

Everyone seems to have abandoned the SRAW, including me. I'm using the SMAW right now.

Why use the SMAW when the RPG-7 does more damage and the LAW allows Magnet Pulls past the active protection everyone and their mother
besides me
uses? No point.

But these MBT laws are just noobish as hell.

"Yeah but these Javelins are n00b as hell. Yeah but these Stingers/IGLA are n00b as hell. Yeah but these SRAWs are n00b as hell."

Anti-vehicle people can't win for lose.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of the night map. Battlefield 4's gameplay isn't really conducive to a night environment. I hope the Community map and Dragon Valley come out before the end of the month or I'll probably never play them.

my thoughts too. It just feels wrong, especially on a map like Zavod. Conquest large requires to much traversing to capture flags. Zavod day, I can cruise the whole map capturing flags without a problem. At night, I can't move 20yards without someone shooting me from a shadow. Perhaps it would work better with only 3 flags or a new mode made just for night maps. But just making a map dark ain't fun for anyone except the guy that doesn't move or pfto.

Sober

I can't even figure out how the operate the MANPADS in this game, so I guess I must be a total noob. Should I stop trying to lock onto jets then?

Yeah they are weak as hell, but I'm not a fan of people hitting my tank while Im moving fairly fast.

Half of these people wouldn't be able to make these shots with the RpG, Smaw, or even the SRAW.

But yeah, I'm sick of the MBT laws. Everyone seems to be using them. Its greatly increasing the amount of shots my tank has been taking.

I'd commend someone who pulled off a great SRAW shot. But these MBT laws are just noobish as hell.
SRAW nerf made people switch.

Kabuto

I'm using it for the mastery dog tag. I never noticed how good it was since I hadn't used it since launch. It flies just as straight as the SMAW with a faster reload and the range for the "lock on" is really far.

I never saw anything noobish about the SRAW. Especially because you have to guide the missile and make yourself vulnerable much like the Javelin.

But yeah, I like the SMAW largely because of the trajectory making it easier to kill long distance infantry. But I'm going back to the RPG.

I stand by the MBT Law being fucking dumb.

RiverBed

Banned
Did the last update that came with the grave shift change anything? Something feels slightly off. Shooting vehicle weapons feels different- I can see longer stretches behind bullets being fired and the bullet stream is slightly above the cross hair.

im_dany

Is the night map part of the latest patch? Not finding it in the store on PSN.

It's a separate download on X360 and X1, I guess it's the same on other platform.
EDIT: I can't find it on the PSN webstore so it's probably included

Anyway, I just completed this:
b01c034d9baac8d5d6e3613c4579f153.png

13 Schipunov kills and a few more wins and I'm done with Final Stand.
I'm going to take a break though because I still need to complete 1 achievement for each DLC, and I'm still at 0 UCAV kills :/

Donos

Maybe i have to start to go for the Trophies/assignments to get away from only playing with SKS/MOD11 and the same maps (conquest large).

It's a separate download on X360 and X1, I guess it's the same on other platform.
EDIT: I can't find it on the PSN webstore so it's probably included

Anyway, I just completed this:
b01c034d9baac8d5d6e3613c4579f153.png

13 Schipunov kills and a few more wins and I'm done with Final Stand.
I'm going to take a break though because I still need to complete 1 achievement for each DLC, and I'm still at 0 UCAV kills :/

it's there

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ions/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-XPACK05000000000

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ions/cid=UP0006-BLUS31162_00-XPACK05000000000

and congrats on the Railgun cheevo!

im_dany

it's there
I forgot they're releasing it one week later for EU PSN users, that's why I couldn't find it.
Did they give any reason for that? It makes no sense imho

and congrats on the Railgun cheevo!
Not the actual achievement (need 2 more assignments for that :( ) but thank you!
I also completed the achievements for Naval Strike and Second Assault today.
To get 100% I need:
China Rising: 20 UCAV kills (LOL)
Dragon's Teeth: 3 more hours
Final Stand: 13 Schipunov kills and a few wins in various maps

Maybe i have to start to go for the Trophies/assignments to get away from only playing with SKS/MOD11 and the same maps (conquest large).
I'm only going for achievements because I plan on upgrading to next-gen asap and don't want to leave behind cross-gen achievements. BF4 would be one of the few games I would sell to get the upgraded next-gen version.

Not the actual achievement (need 2 more assignments for that :( ) but thank you!
I also completed the achievements for Naval Strike and Second Assault today.
To get 100% I need:
China Rising: 20 UCAV kills (LOL)
Dragon's Teeth: 3 more hours
Final Stand: 13 Schipunov kills and a few wins in various maps

UCAV kills aren't so bad. kinda rough to get started after the nerf because of the delay, but still doable.

and i'm congratulating you on the Railgun assignment. for me that one is/was the most annoying.

TheSeks

I never saw anything noobish about the SRAW. Especially because you have to guide the missile and make yourself vulnerable much like the Javelin.

SRAW had the ability to continue to circle a flared and dodged chopper until it hit. It needed to be changed to the AT4 a la BC2 guiding but DICE-LA is stupid and doesn't do common sense fixes. Alas.

The other major problem (which wasn't as huge as the whiners made it out to be) was that Paradropping SRAWs were able to one-shot people on the ground. Throw in the re-lock after reloading and two-shot lock-on ability of the SRAW and there were some valid but not huge issues.

---

I still kinda want to get started on the PS3 version
double so since after night Zavod it isn't going to get the other bullshit night maps, if it did get Zavod night.
but the achievements for the assignements and having to redo the Phantom Program and some of the assignments for DLC. BLECH.

Top Bottom