• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Did the last update that came with the grave shift change anything? Something feels slightly off. Shooting vehicle weapons feels different- I can see longer stretches behind bullets being fired and the bullet stream is slightly above the cross hair.

Here's from the BF4 Community Forums

Vincent0k:

The following tweaks and bug fixes apply across all platforms. However, PlayStation 3 and PC has unique fixes that you can find on the bottom of the post.

GENERAL
• Fix for a crash that could occur when entering a vehicle or using a gadget.
• Improved soldier movement to closely match that of Battlefield 3 while still maintaining animation fidelity of Battlefield 4.
• Fix for an issue on the Siege of Shanghai where players could make themselves invincible near Flag A.
• Added pre-round ready state. The minimum player’s ready per team needed for the round to start is calculated from the team with less players.
• Crosshairs/Optics scale tweaked and visibility against light backgrounds improved.
• Helicopters and jets now affect trees and bushes which are set up to react to wind.
• Various collision fixes and other performance improvements have been made to Dragon’s Teeth maps.
• Uniform soldier aiming allows the use of procedural aim rate instead of the original preset numbers.
• Fix for elevators on Dawnbreaker being active on the Domination, Squad Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Defuse game modes.
• High latency indicator tweaked to give players a better idea of when they are experiencing lag.
• Fixed a rare issue where a second Commander would spawn over the already existing one in a certain scenario, resulting in 2 Commanders on the same team.
• Fixed the missing kill card issue for hardcore and anytime the killcam is off.
• Increased the Chain Link game mode round timer to 30 minutes. Ticket bleed rate has also been changed to be 40% slower.
• Fixed an issue where a player trying to join a full server would get an incorrect error.
• Added “Classic” Server presets.
• Increased the gunship cooldown for Commander to 60 seconds.
• Fixed an edge case where a Commander asset will never get "activated" for a team if the Commander is under a Proxy Attack.
• Fixed a crash related to the Riot Shield.
• The high frequency update is now on by default and cannot be turned off. It now also supports PlayStation 3/Xbox 360.
• Reduced the time it takes to display the incoming damage indicator.
• Fixed an issue where players joining Lancang Dam after the Levolution event didn’t hear the VO and alarm.
• Fixed issue where Battle Pickups would sometimes get dropped immediately after picking them up. Also fixed a problem where Battle Pickups can't be picked up when other soldiers are nearby.
• Made 100 tickets the default Rush ticket value.
• Fixed an issue where field upgrades would be lost when a player spawned into a vehicle.
• Tweaked smoke effects. Smoke is now bigger, has higher density and lasts longer.
• Fixed some materials that would react incorrectly to projectile collision.
• Fixed an issue where squads would get bigger than the supported maximum of 5 players.
• Fixed a bug where the Gamertag would not appear correctly in the emblem report screen.
• Updated player icon to show a shield variant when using the 10% health reduction perk (showing for enemy players only).
• Fixed an issue where players could get underneath the ship at Objective "E" on Paracel Storm
• Reduced head flinching on soldiers.
• Added functionality to be able to shoot when falling (not jumping).
• Fixed an exploit on Operation Locker.
• Fixed an exploit near the US base on Metro 2014.
• Fixed an issue on Dawnbreaker where players could get underneath the map.
• Fixed an issue where players could get under the map on Hainan Resort on the beach near the US base. Also fixed an issue where players could hide behind a wall and shoot at other players.
• Fixed an issue where the health/ammo boxes would block the line of sight for the defibrillators.
• Permanent fix for gadget exploit where a user could equip gadgets from different classes.
• Fixed an instance where unlocked China Rising or Second Assault assignments were being shown as if they were not unlocked and no progress had been done.
• Adjusted the red dot reticles for medium and long range sights for the Engineer Class primary weapons.
• Visual Recoil: Close range sights (except iron sights, IRNV and FLIR) and all Medium range sights have been changed to no longer be affected by animation AKA Visual Recoil. The removed random effect has nothing to do with real weapon recoil and doesn’t affect it.
• Vehicle hold or press button for boost option added.
• Added UI options for tweaking the ADS aiming sensitivity. The advanced options are now exposed in a separate advanced control options section.
• Fixed a Commander issue that could cause the cruise missile not to work properly if a flag received a neutral status while the missile was in the air.
• Fix for an issue where opposite teams would initially spawn too close to each other on Team Deathmatch, affecting all maps.
• Obliteration fix for an issue where the round would end while the bomb is armed due to the timer running out.
• Flashbang now dims the HUD when player gets affected by it.
• Fixed an issue on Capture the Flag game mode where the team with the highest number of points wins regardless of flag captures (points should only be counted on a draw).
• Fixed for an issue on Lumphini Garden on Conquest Large game mode where Capturing Flag B while the Commander is under a Proxy Attack will not give the infantry scan asset.
• Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the customization menu while playing Defuse.
• Fixed LMG iron sights fires to reflect last few bullets visibility.

CARRIER ASSAULT IMPROVEMENTS
• When the carrier is opened up the parachute spawn will be available as before.
• When the first crate is destroyed the defender team is moved back into the boat but the attackers still will only be using the parachute spawn.

DRAGON’S TEETH MAP IMPROVEMENTS
• General collision fixes.
• Glitches/Exploit fixes for high places.
• Added out of bounds for rooftops to support restricted areas and prevent exploits.

JET IMPROVEMENTS
• Fixed an issue related to the chase camera that could cause a glitchy orientation when the camera was targeted straight up or down.
• Added new positions for 3P jet cameras.
• Added weapon reticle to the 3P jet camera.
• Added an option to turn on/off the rolling (along with the jet) for jet 3P cameras.
• Fixed an issue with the SU50 and F35 not properly playing bullet impact sounds when under fire.
• Jet guns visual recoil has been reduced to 30% of what it was before.
• Improved the “stall” behavior of jets when reaching max vehicle height.
• Fixed issues where attack jets’ cockpit geometry was clipping/obstructing the HUD

WEAPON TWEAKS AND FIXES
• Fixed an issue with inaccuracy on the RPG and XM-25 where if after shooting a player very quickly it switches to another weapon then switches back, then the dispersion is large until after the first shot.
• General weapon tweaks: Reduced suppression recoils. Removed recoil modifier for zoom. Made a 75% reduction in hip recoil.
• Muzzle Brake: Lowered the overall impact of this attach. Both its positives and negatives have been reduced.
• Heavy Barrel: Lowered the buff it gave to minimum moving spread, and moved some of that bonus into reduced spread increase. The Heavy Barrel should now be a good option for longer range tap firing.
• Lasers: Added a small buff to standing hip fire accuracy.
• Corrected spread increase values that were previously incorrect. (This primarily affects expansion pack weapons).
• Added missing bullpup modifier to SAR-21.
• Bullet velocity increases: Improved bullet velocity for Slugs and nearly all suppressed weapons. Selectively improved base velocity for weapons that were too slow for their intended range.
• Damage model: Many weapons have had their maximum and minimum damage adjusted slightly. It may take one extra bullet to kill at extremely close engagements and long range combat.
• Trigger Delay: Removed from all revolvers.
• Desert Eagle: Bullet velocity and minimum damage reduced.
• Adjustments have been done to slower rate of fire weapons to make them easier to use at longer ranges vs higher rate of fire weapons.
• Carbines and PDWs now have unique bullpup modifiers that give improved bonuses over the rifle counterpart.
• Ammo: Gave more ammo to the weapons that were short a mag compared to their counterparts.
• PDWs: Improved moving minimum spread.
• LMGs: Improved moving spread of mag fed LMGs vs their belt fed counterparts.
• DMRs: Audio when being shot at by a DMR has been improved.
• SKS and M39EMR no longer allow you to hold breath.
• Bullet velocities increased.
• Bolt Actions: Some bullet velocities increased. Gol Magnum rate of fire slightly reduced.
• SMAW: Slight increase to top speed and acceleration.
• MBT LAW: This underwent a big change based on community suggestion. You will need to aim slightly more accurately to engage the tracking. It is much harder to have it track a random vehicle between you and your target. It will no longer lock on targets behind cover. It has been slowed down slightly. It now begins tracking at 100m instead of 15, this gives the target slightly longer to react to the lock warning.
• SLAMs: Damage and blast radius reduced slightly. Three Slams will no longer take out a MBT on their own. The disabled MBT will need a single rocket to be finished off.
Global Community Manager for Battlefield.

They modified the MBT LAWs, I'm happy.

RiverBed

Banned
Yup, those are for Sep. 2014.

I am asking because I thought the latest update would only add the new map, but in addition to downloading the map, I downloaded a patch around 4GB. I don't know if they added or fixed anything. Love to see any notes if so.

P.S. sometimes an icon appears on the upper right corner of the screen. I think this was before this patch. It looks like three squares or screen with a line between them all in a diagonal direction. Is it a lag indicator? I tried looking for an example but don't know what to search (I got random results).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yup, those are for Sep. 2014.

I am asking because I thought the latest update would only add the new map, but in addition to downloading the map, I downloaded a patch around 4GB. I don't know if they added or fixed anything. Love to see any notes if so.

P.S. sometimes an icon appears on the upper right corner of the screen. I think this was before this patch. It looks like three squares or screen with a line between them all in a diagonal direction. Is it a lag indicator? I tried looking for an example but don't know what to search (I got random results).

If Kane doesn't answer, I'll check CTE since the summer patch is just that before it was pushed out last week.

Enosh

unlocked all weapons that need xp except for the snipers, man I suck at sniping, hard for me to line up head shots and any moving target might as well forget it -.- then again never really liked sniping in any fps game

I think using one of those mid range acog sight instead of the big scope seems to work out better

put something like 75h into the game already, for comparison BF3 I only did some 30h, same with bad company 2 and I think some 48h into BF2142, so this is basically my favorite BF game I've played

Sober

unlocked all weapons that need xp except for the snipers, man I suck at sniping, hard for me to line up head shots and any moving target might as well forget it -.- then again never really liked sniping in any fps game

I think using one of those mid range acog sight instead of the big scope seems to work out better

put something like 75h into the game already, for comparison BF3 I only did some 30h, same with bad company 2 and I think some 48h into BF2142, so this is basically my favorite BF game I've played
I'm not that great either but if you are doing long range stuff I would use the zeroing function (fire mode change basically) for the rifles to change the range to suit it. You still have to lead targets or whatever, but it helps not having to line up below center marks on the scope.

Also possibly try sniping around objectives, as they have a range indicator that can usually give you a good idea what to zero in for and how far you're shooting at.

RiverBed

Banned
If Kane doesn't answer, I'll check CTE since the summer patch is just that before it was pushed out last week.
Cheers.
It's just that some aiming situations feel off. Shooting as the Viper pilot is way off.
unlocked all weapons that need xp except for the snipers
Maybe try to search for team deathmatch sniping only servers. They are small maps and the majority will be sniping only. Use a short to mid scope. You'll get kills and some would be headshots. It just takes time.

If you want more traditional sniping (staying stationary and safer more) try Firestorm. That map has long view points and many snipe there which gives you sitting targets. Just locate a camper, practice shooting a few hundred feet/meters away from him (so he wouldn't be alarmed and then run or target you) and you'll have long distant kills.

I would recommend sticking with a rifle and a scope so you can eventually get the feel and soon be able to judge the bullet drop without any test shots first.

TheSeks

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything radical. But I do notice they know the helicopter speed is off, which maybe was introduced in the summer patch since this is the "final" for CTE.

UPDATE (7/31/15)
Summer Release #2 today: http://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/news/view/summer-patch-final-testing-release-2-164325/

Hi! (http://i.imgur.com/d22WIDc.png)
Today we are starting the final testing of the Summer Patch content on the CTE (both PC and Console). This means the number of available servers will be limited, and the content will reflect what is in the Summer Patch.

LIMITED MAP POOL
That means playing the Community map and Dragon valley will not be available at this time - which of course makes it less interesting to some of you, but I urge you all to play as much as you can - we need your help to make the Summer patch the best patch we have ever released!

LIMITED SERVERS
As we need to make sure our server performance is good for both 30hz tickrate and above - we will be running a very limited set of servers, and possibly not in your region. We still urge you to play as much as you can - and we will be running DICE playtests during next week to keep attendance high!

BUG REPORTING
Please enter any bugs you find in the BFtracker (need login): https://www.bftracker.com/login_select_proj_page.php?ref=bug_report_page.php. Make sure you select the Battlefield 4 CTE project, and if it is a bug related to high tickrate - make sure the prototype is set to "high Tick Tate".

DICE DAILY PLAYTESTS
We will be running daily playtests starting today, the schedule is looking like this now:
Thursday (July 23) - 5pm PDT DONE! Thanks for playing!
Friday (July 24) - 10am PDT DONE! Thanks for playing!
EXTRA Playtest Friday (July 24) - 3pm PDT DONE! Thanks for playing!
Monday (July 27) - 10am PDT DONE! Thanks for playing!
Tuesday (July 28) - 10:30 am PDT DONE! Thanks for playing
Wednesday (July 29) - 10:30 am PDT DONE! Thanks for playing!
Thursday (July 30) - 10:30 am PDT DONE! Thanks for playing!
EXTRA 32 players @ 60hz Friday (July 31) - 10:30 am PDT (NEW PATCH LATER TODAY!) DONE! Thanks for playing!
STAGING RELEASE Summer Patch #2 (164325) Patchnotes @ approx 1PM PDT DONE!
10 players @ 30hz Monday (Aug 3rd) - 10:50 am PDT DONE!
10 players @ 60hz Tuesday (Aug 4th) - 10:30 am PDT DONE!
EXTRA PLAYTEST 10 players @120h & air superiority (afternoon) Wednesday (Aug 5th) - 10:30 am PDT
STAGING RELEASE - Back to normal servers, Air, night map etc Thursday (Aug 6th) - 3 pm PDT
PROTO RELEASE (DELAYED TO FRIDAY) - Communtity Map Project & Fall patch Friday (Aug 7th) - 3 pm PDT

There might be changes to this schedule, or additions - and we will update this post if they happen! For live updates on the status of things, follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/tiggr_

For more information about the latest update - see the CTE newsitem: http://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/news/view/summer-patch-final-testing-release-1-164194/

KNOWN ISSUES
The current build we are testing on (mainly testing server performance and stability) has some issues we know about and that will get fixed. This list will get updated as we find more.
Soldier movement @ 120hz will get toned down some more
Mouse flight input (flying w mouse) @ 60 and specifically 120 will get looked at (seems to be same issue the turrets had)
Zavod Graveyard shift terrain bug where a passable "wall" is below C towards D in the tunnel
Night map crashes on spawn with certain Nvidia cards

FIXED ISSUES
With the current release (164325) these issues should be fixed:
TV missile physics is the UCAV based one (this is not going to be the case)
Mobility hits on jets is bugged and we are looking at that
Flashbang goes black, or "noisy"
Jets seem not to be back to 313
less

That is the one they pushed out AFAIK.

As far as that indicator: That's been there since shortly after launch, it's meant to be a "packet loss" indicator but here's the thing: EVERYONE FUCKING SEES THAT SHIT so it's just shitty netcode that this patch is supposed to "fix" at the cost of a performance hit/requiring you to be over a certain "server FPS"/Hz for better netcode.

The netcode improvement: Actual improvement, but the fact that it takes 20 Frames (at least for me) makes that trade off kinda stupid. Double so when (IMO) BF3's netcode worked fine and was what the "target" Hz/etc. was during BF4 launch IIRC. So something fucked up in Frostbite 2->3's migration on the netcode and the engine performance in regards to that.

Elitist1945

How do I log in/view my PS3/PS4 soldiers in Battlelog? When I sign in, I can only see my Battlefield 3 PC stats and nowhere do I see my Battlefield 3 PS3/Battlefield 4 PS4 stats, nor do I see an option to sign in under my PSn etc.

Halp.

im_dany

How do I log in/view my PS3/PS4 soldiers in Battlelog? When I sign in, I can only see my Battlefield 3 PC stats and nowhere do I see my Battlefield 3 PS3/Battlefield 4 PS4 stats, nor do I see an option to sign in under my PSn etc.

Halp.

Move the mouse to the top right corner, then do Change Soldier.

Don't know why but since about 3 weeks ago Battlelog automatically logs me in to my PC soldier (which does not exist, since I've never played it).

Kabuto

CO29BcbWIAAQ2k9.jpg

Finally (re)mastered the Type-95B-1. It's still awful.

TCRS

Banned
man I fucking love the night map. I love the fogginess and how it's actually dark and not just some colour drained out like in many other games with nights. also shows how beautiful the light effects are of that engine.

Sajjaja

Hey, I just applied to the PC Platoon, if anyone could accept it, I'd appreciate it. I just got the game today. Anyone got any tips?\

EDIT: Uhhh I can't connect to any server. Battlelog just says cannot conenct to server or something. Either that or no reply from server. Help?

Enosh

whoever designed the "eagle's nest" assignment can go fuck him/herself -.-

I don't even want to use the stupid thing I'd just like to unlock all the weapons...

whoever designed the "eagle's nest" assignment can go fuck him/herself -.-

I don't even want to use the stupid thing I'd just like to unlock all the weapons...

you just have to get 5 kills while on the tower and a sniper rifle ribbon in the same round. the tower kills can be from any level of the tower with anything. even C4 or AT mines you dropped far far away, as long as the kill happens while you're on the tower somewhere.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
you just have to get 5 kills while on the tower and a sniper rifle ribbon in the same round. the tower kills can be from any level of the tower with anything. even C4 or AT mines you dropped far far away, as long as the kill happens while you're on the tower somewhere.

Aye. For me, I just found a group of enemies who were camping out on the tower. I placed a tactical spawn beacon, grabbed a shotgun, chuted down to the tower, and had at them.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone give me a summary of the game on PC? How's the anti cheat, player base, state of the game etc? And I see there's a million DLC packs, can you enjoy the game with just the base game? If not, what's nessesary? I kinda want to give it a whirl but without spending much on it, the base game is only £7 which is fine but all the DLC adds up.

Can someone give me a summary of the game on PC? How's the anti cheat, player base, state of the game etc? And I see there's a million DLC packs, can you enjoy the game with just the base game? If not, what's nessesary? I kinda want to give it a whirl but without spending much on it, the base game is only £7 which is fine but all the DLC adds up.

ignore all the DLC except Premium.

and you don't even *need* that.

Enosh

I'd get the premium too if you can afford it, idk if the sale is still on or if ended

you get more guns to play around with and at least I really enjoy the greater map variety, sure you are not going to love every map but neither will you with just the original 10 ^^
plus from what I understand a lot of the cheaters are using that free gametime thing and those are only found on vanilla maps since they can't play the DLC stuff, so there is a lesser chance of running into cheaters if you play on servers that run DLC maps

also got the eagles nest assignment although cheesed it, saw some 3 people on a firestorm map and what a surprise the people most likely to be on a empty firestorm server are those that also want to do it ^^

Sajjaja

Any specific servers you all recommend for a newbie that has decent people with voice coms?

EDIT: Add me on Origin at Sajjaja if anyone wants to play. In EST and I'll play after work.

im_dany

e13907b8a0494bb29815c1b8e553521d.png

Slowly doing it lol

Can't believe I'm so bad at this, and there was people 1 year ago complaining that it was OP? After the patches it's now useless imho, I've never seen someone else using it.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
silly little poster I made that nobody seems to agree with on /r/battlefield_4. Seems the people that are the most vocal would rather complain than use their brain.

PWO7bc3.jpg

yes, I know the sniper is actually to the south west. :)

TheSeks

silly little poster I made that nobody seems to agree with on /r/battlefield_4. Seems the people that are the most vocal would rather complain than use their brain.

... I'd comment on reddit's BF community, but Kane and a few others already know my disdain for the community there on both subreddits.

Landmarks are a bit better to call out, but the problem is there's no standards like "mid, box, A site, B site" for Dust 2 and other maps in Counter-Strike. Everyone has different ones. I call out the landmarks by Sabotage/Rush objectives "building near 3rd set B/Roof of our A/B/C (RU/US side depending on where played)" while people that play Conquest primary are like "roof of D" in Sabotage and you're like "wha? Oh, you mean the roof of A RU Shanghai? Why couldn't you just fucking say that?"

Hey, I just applied to the PC Platoon, if anyone could accept it, I'd appreciate it.

Remind me in about two hours and if someone hasn't already done it, I'll do it. Not like that platoon is getting any use anyway despite me making it.
Because I don't care about Battlelog's features besides getting into Rush/Sabotage games so the filter and battlepacks and that's about it.

I haven't touched the game in about three weeks since hitting the cap. I've been busy with the Phantom Pain and the community has started to sour me on it.
as has the shitty netcode

VariantX

There's a compass around the edge of the minimap. And sometimes you'll hear radio messages when someone spots a sniper, telling you what direction they're in.

For some reason, we dont get a compass in hardcore modes...when all you have is audio feedback to tell you where things are so its pretty much useless to you if you don't already memorize which direction is where ahead of time.

TheSeks

For some reason, we dont get a compass in hardcore modes...when all you have is audio feedback to tell you where things are so its pretty much useless to you if you don't already memorize which direction is where ahead of time.

Spotting people in hardcore works on the "big map" doesn't it? You had that pause-menu big map trick in BC2/BF3 AFAIK. That'd sort-of work wouldn't it?

... I'd comment on reddit's BF community, but Kane and a few others already know my disdain for the community there on both subreddits.

Landmarks are a bit better to call out, but the problem is there's no standards like "mid, box, A site, B site" for Dust 2 and other maps in Counter-Strike. Everyone has different ones. I call out the landmarks by Sabotage/Rush objectives "building near 3rd set B/Roof of our A/B/C (RU/US side depending on where played)" while people that play Conquest primary are like "roof of D" in Sabotage and you're like "wha? Oh, you mean the roof of A RU Shanghai? Why couldn't you just fucking say that?"

man we had some hilarious callouts in BF3 and BC2, like the bitch corner and Revis island.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
callouts help a ton if you know the direction instantly without needing to look at a map or compass. I wear headphones and callouts save my ass constantly. But ya, icons are even better when communicating, though sometimes you just gotta know the direction. Like on Golmud Railway I should be able to say "the MAA is in the NW corner" and everyone should know without thinking.

TheSeks

The problem is: What is NW to you may be SW to your teammates. If the maps were able to be "this is north/south" by the big map (tower of Shanghai is due north, IMO) as opposed to relative it'd be easier to call out directions.

Someone said there's a compass on the minimap, but I never really noticed it. Nor was there one in BC2/BF3.

The problem is: What is NW to you may be SW to your teammates. If the maps were able to be "this is north/south" by the big map (tower of Shanghai is due north, IMO) as opposed to relative it'd be easier to call out directions.

Someone said there's a compass on the minimap, but I never really noticed it. Nor was there one in BC2/BF3.

BC2 had it in early pics (with the circular minimap) but wasn't in the final, though it was in BC2 Vietnam, which also had a circular minimap. BF3, 1943 and BC1 all had some sort of compass in the HUD.

TheSeks

BC2 had it in early pics (with the circular minimap) but wasn't in the final, though it was in BC2 Vietnam, which also had a circular minimap. BF3, 1943 and BC1 all had some sort of compass in the HUD.

You're right. But it's still relative in regards to player position. I doubt the compass is something most people are going to look at and then go "oh, North West according to that is..."

In other news It's time to pull the plug, EA. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. #flopline #whensDICEproper

TVexperto

So BF4 is on Sale on PSN, is it worth it for 14 bucks? Or am I too late already since everybody in the game probably unlocked all good weapons?

TheSeks

You're not too late. Many of the starting and early weapons are good. Vehicles are another story..

Only with Jets. You can unlock most good weapons for the vehicles just gunning for the LAV and tank, attack helicopter pilot.

Hell, you can get the scout unlocks just repair tooling off the side of one.

Top Bottom