• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Have they changed anything related to RPG calculation and feedback? Because every game I've played lately seems to apply this weird and very obvious delay to their use, with visual feedback that isn't indicative of behaviour. For example I've fired rockets at tanks, seemingly obvious direct hit to the side with a smoke trail to prove it, but not only no hit but not even an explosion, like the rocket just disappeared. I've noticed this with not just my own but enemy attacks as well, even if I'm just an observer.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have they changed anything related to RPG calculation and feedback? Because every game I've played lately seems to apply this weird and very obvious delay to their use, with visual feedback that isn't indicative of behaviour. For example I've fired rockets at tanks, seemingly obvious direct hit to the side with a smoke trail to prove it, but not only no hit but not even an explosion, like the rocket just disappeared. I've noticed this with not just my own but enemy attacks as well, even if I'm just an observer.

One of those may be "dusting" and it's apparently a side-effect of the client-side hit detection and lag or whatever. DICE-LA is looking into it and apparently fixed it on the CTE with the current patch or two ago. The disappearing rockets, meanwhile: If you died that's "by-design." If you haven't, that's just the server shitting.

TVexperto

So I bought it on the PSN sale .... I have to say wow! This is more fun than I thought after all the negative things people said about this game. I played all the battlefield games on PC and this is the first Battlefield game I bought and played on console and I have to say it looks and plays great! Its a lot of fun, now Im wondering: Is premium worth the 50 bucks?

Mahonay

Banned
So I bought it on the PSN sale .... I have to say wow! This is more fun than I thought after all the negative things people said about this game. I played all the battlefield games on PC and this is the first Battlefield game I bought and played on console and I have to say it looks and plays great! Its a lot of fun, now Im wondering: Is premium worth the 50 bucks?
Most of the negative stuff is from the first year when the game was largely broken. In 2015 it's finally a great game.

Not sure about the premium for 50 at this point. I thought I remembered a digital premium edition of BF4 that comes with all the maps for about 50?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
One of those may be "dusting" and it's apparently a side-effect of the client-side hit detection and lag or whatever. DICE-LA is looking into it and apparently fixed it on the CTE with the current patch or two ago. The disappearing rockets, meanwhile: If you died that's "by-design." If you haven't, that's just the server shitting.
Im sure it's to prevent spamming but man it doesnt make any sense! lol

Happened all the time to me, i think it's a netcode thing. I stopped using rockets =/

Just completed all of MGSV side op missions and story so i might go back to BF4 before MGO3 releases

TheSeks

Just completed all of MGSV side op missions and story so i might go back to BF4 before MGO3 releases

...So, before next week for consoles?

PC Janurary. TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Why are some of my Dog Tag for weapons now blank? Starting with the Ace 23 towards the bottom of the screen and all the others after that. Do I need 1,000 kills with them? Because I went over 1,000 with the UMP-9 and now that is lit up.

Lulu23

I really wish the new maps would have come out already. With the Battlefront beta next month and BO3 and Battlefront hitting the month after there won't be much time for me to check them out.

Kabuto

Why are some of my Dog Tag for weapons now blank? Starting with the Ace 23 towards the bottom of the screen and all the others after that. Do I need 1,000 kills with them? Because I went over 1,000 with the UMP-9 and now that is lit up.

Yup. You need to get another 500 kills with these guns after March 5, 2015 to get the mastery dog tags; the kills before that didn't count. That was the day they were patched.

ACE 23
AKU-12
ACE 52
TYPE-95B
ACE 53
SVD-12
SCAR-H SV
RPK-12
DBV-12
FY-JS

The1Ski

Just under 200 hours in the game and I still don't have all of the soldier camos I want. You'd think I'd have everything unlocked by now but... those waste of time emblems won't unlock themselves I guess. Real pumped about that colon sign I just unlocked.

Still enjoy the game though.

TheSeks

I gotta say the community map, outside of the waterfall sniper camp-fest is actually coming along pretty well. Though it's performance leaves a little to be desired currently.

Mahonay

Banned
If you'd like to join the Battlefield 4 NeoGAF PSN community, either;

A- Send a PSN message to Dillon_J_Mahonay with your GAF username.
B- Post here with your PSN ID and I will send you a request.

If you'd like to look for it yourself on PSN it's titled "Battlefield 4 NeoGAF community: It was all shotguns".

If you'd like to look for it yourself on PSN it's titled "Battlefield 4 NeoGAF community: It was all shotguns".

I'll be on tonight:

meatypetey91

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

PSN: Ryuhza

TheSeks

Looks like it is live. Can't say I noticed much difference on a 60Hz server.

If your framerate is above 60 you'll notice it's a bit more "snappier" but honestly the performance hit for better netcode isn't worth the trade off, IMO. You essentially need your rig to be performing at (preferably OVER) the server's tickrate choice. EG: 60Hz -> 60+ Frames your rig is able to do. 140Hz->140Frames per second.

Doesn't matter if there is only 8 people in the server, you'll still be performing harder due to the increased tickrate/performance hit.

im_dany

I started playing on Xbox One and wow, it feels like a completely different game.
I can't even imagine how good it looks on PC with everything maxed.

I've been looking for people to get a squad going. I hate that people don't really talk. Half the deaths that occur is because of no communication.

Sign me up
Anyone can add me looking to get a squad going

PSN: B_Spooky13

I'm working alot amd next day off isn't til Monday but im going to try and get some game time in soon.

TheSeks

we failed

I don't mind the name, personally. It just doesn't sound as good as the one me and you wanted. It's another "Operation" and the backstory doesn't even PLAY into the map since I don't see any research materials on the map.

Mahonay

Banned
So it's safe to say I'm pretty fucking irritated with the new team balancing system that was implemented last patch. Who thought that was a good idea?? Here's my post from another thread where I aired my frustration with it.

Battlefield 4 after the latest patch. Every single round now gets rebalanced based on performance.

Oh, you did really well in a round and played together as a team? Enjoy your reward! All of the the worst players from the losing team are now swapped to your team. And if you're playing with a group, some of your friends are getting thrown on the opposite side. Good luck trying to regroup!

TheSeks

I thought filters only affect the search function? Do they apply to auto-join also? I've put in 500+ hours and never knew that lol

Oh, if you're joining on someone. No. That's just the server settings. You should be able to check what the server settings are on console by clicking under the person's name on the server if it's like PC Battlelog.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
The work of Kyle Wright.

http://www.kylewrightcreative.com/WC-Oscar-Mike/

CKUpkf8.jpg

cEtiDpZ.jpg

4hPbSvV.jpg

USF

Can I get an invite? Thanks
PSN: XUSFX

TheSeks

Ahh. Theres some rebalance going on. That explains things. Everytime Ive been on the winning team Ive been moved.

It's forced now on all platforms. Welcome to what PC people have been dealing with.

Tubie

PSN: tubiedos

Maybe GAF squads might make me play the game more.

TheSeks

So, can we discuss how Star Flop: Battleflop 3 is a bore and DICE-DICE should've been working on Mirror's Edge 3 while working on Mirror's Edge 2 in the meantime?

Enosh

man finally got the UCAV and with that the last weapon unlock, getting those jets kills was a pain, air superiority servers seem to mostly be 1 or 2 pro jet pilots farming flying noobs like me

did 20 kills while I was there anyway for the phantom stuff, now just need 15 more road kills ^^

So, can we discuss how Star Flop: Battleflop 3 is a bore and DICE-DICE should've been working on Mirror's Edge 3 while working on Mirror's Edge 2 in the meantime?
eh it's okay, I can see it selling very well, especially with the movie coming up, not sure how much staying power it will have, especially on PC since everyone and their grandmother only plays CSGO these days

I just hate everything about how it looks, from the stupid look of the soldiers and their outfits to the stupid look of the weapons, but I've never been into SW all that much so not really a game for me

Repo Man

probably old news by now but man!... ever since one of the more recent patches, shotties are OP as shit on CQC maps ála Locker etc.

I mean sure Shotguns deserved a slight buff but no need to make them king of the damn hill!

Top Bottom