• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

I'm still playing several nights a week. I need to get in with the GAF squad more.

I was actually in a Gun Master match with with someone in GAF coincidentally last night, too. I suck at that mode.

terrible

Banned
So, I had a good night of Battlefield.

How about four Old Cannon kills in 80 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b81G5-QvIw

I finished the round with SEVEN Old Cannon kills.

You've got a dislike on that video. I guess someone doesn't like being killed by the cannon.

How is it that after all this time, theyre still fucking around with the gun balance. How have you not nailed this down by now...

Every time they tweak something it throws the balance off in another way lol. They might as well just make every gun identical at this rate to save them the effort.

How is it that after all this time, theyre still fucking around with the gun balance. How have you not nailed this down by now...
it's simple.

they can't balance for every mode.

shotguns are fine, but people who play modes where they're strong because everything is close range, like TDM, complain.

i mean, it's not like a bunch of people are running around Rogue Transmission CQ with shotties out.,..

terrible

Banned
it's simple.

shotguns are fine, but people who play modes where they're strong because everything is close range, like TDM, complain.

i mean, it's not like a bunch of people are running around Rogue Transmission CQ with shotties out.,..

I'd be cool with per mode weapon balance and loadouts. That'd be pretty confusing for the majority of players though so it's probably an awful idea.

You've got a dislike on that video. I guess someone doesn't like being killed by the cannon.

Id like to meet these people who dislike a video that has like 20k + likes, like the Star wars trailer one. Man, how can anyone not like that?? But they out there.

grumpy-cat-i-had-fun-once

it's simple.

im regularly outdueling pdws and carbines at mid-range with semi-auto shotties--they should tone them down a bit at that range

I'm still playing several nights a week. I need to get in with the GAF squad more.

I was actually in a Gun Master match with with someone in GAF coincidentally last night, too. I suck at that mode.

That was me, KahrMatri. Been playing that to try and get the stupid medal. Up to 20 ribbons(30 to go). Probably have like 80 combined second and third place finishes. Frustrating when morons on your team are -15 k/d. Just handing the other team easy kills.

That was me, KahrMatri. Been playing that to try and get the stupid medal. Up to 20 ribbons(30 to go). Probably have like 80 combined second and third place finishes. Frustrating when morons on your team are -15 k/d. Just handing the other team easy kills.

they need to make it top 5 again like they eventually did in BF3.

That's pretty much 100% the same layout. If you told me it is Noshahr I'd believe you.

edit: Oh, it actually is a remake. I haven't been following BF4 news.

yep, it's on purpose. a remake inside of a remake!

JJD

Haha they removed the marksman bonus! Man snipers are going to bitch a lot about this!

I understand why they did it, and I don't mind (since I don't snipe) but the sniper class was already the one with the lowest point making ability and they just nerfed it further.

There is absolutely no point in playing a bolt action sniper anymore in this game.

manhack

Haha they removed the marksman bonus! Man snipers are going to bitch a lot about this!

I understand why they did it, and I don't mind (since I don't snipe) but the sniper class was already the one with the lowest point making ability and they just nerfed it further.

There is absolutely no point in playing a bolt action sniper anymore in this game.

Thank goodness

JJD

Patch is up on the PS4. 4.1 gigs.

I don't like some of the changes they made to tanks. I also don't like that they improved jets way to dealing with lock ons. If you're a good jet pilot it was already almost impossible to take you down from the ground.

I don't mind what they did to choppers they are not as maneuverable as jets and they can't outrun lock ons like jets can do. So I'm OK with the changes.

Also why didn't they included the new maps in the patch? Are the new maps on rotation on official servers?

Tubie

new map and patch tomorrow

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/battlefield-4-community-operations-release-date/

edit: also holy christ do the xp requirements for the next level get crazy after 110, need half a million for 114

Yep, I think 130-140 was like 1 million+ for each rank for me.

110-140 probably takes the same amount of XP as 1-110.

Best way to do it is to do a lot of Metro during double XP events and save your 50%, 100% and 200% boosts for that.

Also, favorite changes from the patch:

Reduced damage of Buckshot and flechette ammo to lower performance at range
 Reduced number of pellets on the UTS 15, Saiga 12k, DAO-12, DBV-12, & M1014 to improve balance
 Damage drop-off reduced to 24-32m from 25-50m

C4
Damage reduced. With its throw distance and the absence of reactive armor blocking damage, it was too
easy to destroy vehicles with. Increased time to resupply as well.

That one's gonna be great for Metro on consoles since there's no way to control C4 spamming like on PC.

Conquest
o Flag capture score increased to 400 from 150
o Conquest Win ribbon score increased to 3000 from 1500

Objective Squad: Squad leader replacement
Targeting inactive squad leaders, we integrated the Hardline solution with some tweaks to the setup to
promote active squad leaders
 Squad member requesting an order triggers a cooldown of 30s which if left unanswered swaps
the squad leader role to the requesting member

Amazing.

UI
 Added the Hardline capture area visuals on the mini map, added support for square, shape and
circle
 Added the Hardline mini map mechanic that shows player icon relative elevation
o Above player icons: Scales up slightly with added transparency.
o Below player icons: Scales down slightly with added transparency.
o Both states start scaling at 3.5m distance below or above respectively, reaching final
size at 7m+

I'm thinking about jumping back in after several months. How are things on PC? They were in pretty good shape as far as I was concerned last I played in July.

Enosh

Yep, I think 130-140 was like 1 million+ for each rank for me.

110-140 probably takes the same amount of XP as 1-110.

Best way to do it is to do a lot of Metro during double XP events and save your 50%, 100% and 200% boosts for that.
yeah remember when I got to 100 and thought to myself "oh wow only like 40 levels to go" then I went to wiki and looked up the total xp required and realized I was only around 1/4th done ^^

new map is great, thought it would be much bigger but it's quite small and very infantry focused
and yes, stealing the box to show how big the area is where you can cap from hardline was a great idea, plus the squad leader stuff, I actually get squad upgrades now!

I'm thinking about jumping back in after several months. How are things on PC? They were in pretty good shape as far as I was concerned last I played in July.
well population seems stable at around 30k-ish people, although battlefront will probably drop that number quite a lot, the question is for how long and if people come back to BF4

they just a while rolled out 60, 120 and 144hz servers (testing showed 64 player servers don't really work with more than 60hz, the two higher ones are for smaller player counts), not all servers use them, but this update made it so you can easily filter servers in battlelog by tickrate

well population seems stable at around 30k-ish people, although battlefront will probably drop that number quite a lot, the question is for how long and if people come back to BF4

they just a while rolled out 60, 120 and 144hz servers (testing showed 64 player servers don't really work with more than 60hz, the two higher ones are for smaller player counts), not all servers use them, but this update made it so you can easily filter servers in battlelog by tickrate

Awesome thanks. They were playing with tickrate solutions when I fell off. I'm interested to see how it feels thanks! 30K seems quite healthy. What kind of impact did Hardline have on the numbers? I had no interested in that game.

Removed the ability to use lock-on launchers in vehicles (dumb-fire launchers
is still allowed). Vehicles are supposed to be able to get away from infantry, this was made nigh impossible when engineers could use lock-on launches from vehicles.
oh snap!

they re-buffed the Mortar and UCAV!

yooooooooo dat marksman nerf.

did they change the qualifications for marksman ribbons too? 250 points a ribbon promotes a less objective style of play.

Tubie

You can no longer shoot both Laser Guided missiles from jets in one pass, they added a reload time after you fire one.

I feel bad for new people trying to do those assignments now.

vwnut13

Is it just me, or is Community Operations not a fun map at all?

You can no longer shoot both Laser Guided missiles from jets in one pass, they added a reload time after you fire one.

I feel bad for new people trying to do those assignments now.

That happened several patches ago.

Tubie

Yea, the new map is not great, but not bad either.

It would've been better if it was bigger, and had more flanking options. The opposing side's point is basically right on the red line.

C is just a chaotic mess and I usually just avoided it.

Also, I'm loving this new squad leader auto promote thing. I actually had my team following the orders I gave out after the lead was passed to me from the first inactive leader.

Top Bottom