• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

kidko

Too bad for them the only TF worth buying is "Team Fortress"

Braindead AI in a 6v6 CoD clone is no sale for me.

yeah, same here. Sucks, BF4 is so goddamn good but these crashes make it impossible to enjoy. Since switching to mantle, I don't get the sound loop anymore, now I get a proper crash with windows error reporting and such. Every time. Can't make it through one full game.

How the respawn system's implementation works in small-map modes like TDM. Where the enemy can literally respawn right behind you 2 seconds after you spawn. It's just so lame. Last night in a round, in 3 consecutive respawns I was shot in the back within 3 seconds of spawning. It's probably the most frustrating experience I've had in a FPS.

I know, solution: don't play TDM. That's misses the point.

Domination is far better than TDM IMO for close combat.

yup, highly recommend playing Domination. It's just like TDM but with capture points so the action revolves around those places. And i think the respawn system there is more coherent than 100% randomized TDM.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Some updates rolling out today:
Feb 25 PC Game update notes
-Fix for the so called “sound loop crash” issue that caused the game to freeze
-Fix for an issue that sometimes prevented players from shooting while in the gunner position of a vehicle
-Fix for the headshot icon appearing incorrectly at non-headshot deaths, such as suicide or dying of an explosion

-General stability improvements

Feb 25 Xbox One Game update notes
-Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
-Fix for a crash that could occur when signing out as an active user
-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
-Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
-Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
-Fix for an issue that would appear if a 10 users party would join a game with 8 available slots, leaving 2 of the players stuck on the loading screen
-Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
-Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations

Battlelog Update
We will update Battlelog.com today between 11am and 12am CET, following some downtime from approximately 10am to 10.30am CET. The Battlelog update will have a few minutes of downtime, and the changes will automatically appear the next time you login after the update.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Look forward to more details on Platoons coming today

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- Awards and Assignments will now show the "amount completed" out of "total amount" for each category
- Some Awards (Medals and Ribbons) are now placed in more accurate categories
- Capture the Flag total score is now shown on the Stats -> Details page (Air Superiority will be re-added later)
- The progress bar for Kit Unlocks (if it's unlockable) will now be shown in the details box even after it's been unlocked
- Various other tweaks and improvements

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue where Weapon Battlepacks from Second Assault weapons didn't show up properly
- Fixed an issue where the total amount of kills for Soldier Equipment wasn't shown on Stats -> Vehicles (the remaining values will still be empty for now)
- Fixed an issue where some texts for e.g. Specializations under Unlocks -> Kits didn't properly line-break (this issue apparently persists; it will be fixed in the next release)
- The "view all players" button in Battle Reports should now be working again
- All unlockable accessories via progression or Battlepacks will now be shown in Unlocks -> Weapons, even if you have unlocked all the accessories available
- Fixed an issue where the details box (right column) wouldn't always scroll with the page on the Dog Tags page
- Fixed an issue where the medals and ribbon counter in the overview wasn't shown if it had been awarded just once
- Fixed an issue where the Service Star progress bar for Stats -> Vehicles didn't display properly in Firefox
- Fixed an issue where some Battlepack items in Loadout were marked as being unlocked by expansion packs
- You can now click the small bullets in the Premium tile on Home to change tile content, and not go to the Premium page
- Chat windows are now hidden properly when setting BattleScreen to display in full-screen mode
- Progress bar for medals will no longer show after you've earned 100 of the same Medal (as this is the cap)
- Many other minor issues fixed

Metro in 2014.

BF GAF: If I may... Um, I'll tell you the problem with the developer power that you're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you released it, and advertised it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now

[bangs on the table]

BF GAF: you're selling it, you wanna sell it. Well...

DICE: I don't think you're giving us our due credit. Our developers have done things which nobody's ever done before...

BF GAF: Yeah, yeah, but your developers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should

They've played god and now their creation will destroy them.

How the respawn system's implementation works in small-map modes like TDM. Where the enemy can literally respawn right behind you 2 seconds after you spawn. It's just so lame. Last night in a round, in 3 consecutive respawns I was shot in the back within 3 seconds of spawning. It's probably the most frustrating experience I've had in a FPS.

I know, solution: don't play TDM. That's misses the point.

I assure you I was |-------------| this close to throwing my controller, and I never lose my cool with videogames. It was absolutely infuriating.

I know, I need to stop playing TDM. I just...

...when you've played FPS games a certain way for a decade, it's hard to change it up. Rather, your favorite modes and game types tend to stay the same. It's the comfort zone. IDK. I'll get myself together and move onto Conquest, Rush and similar.

I'm a big TDM fan in BF3 and BF4, it's what drew me in much more than BF2's modes/maps did. It really bothered me spawning in the middle of nowhere, running for a few minutes in the vague direction of the front, and then getting sniped by some 40/1 KDR guy. Still does, although it's a bit easier now to spawn closer to the action in the other modes. I'd say I easily play >90% TDM and haven't found that happening too often, but it's more likely that I'm just too bad to notice. >.>

I enjoy Ghosts too, though, so y'know.
If it would ever matchmake me into a single goddamn game.

yup, highly recommend playing Domination. It's just like TDM but with capture points so the action revolves around those places. And i think the respawn system there is more coherent than 100% randomized TDM.

Hurm, I do remember a fairly fun flag-based mode on Locker. That would surely have been Domination. Maybe I'll seek it out and give it a fair go. Cheers for the recommendation, even though it wasn't for me. :)

Bombless

Unlocked the DAO-12. What a shotgun. The perfect balance between risk and reward imo.

UI983rm.png

Also, new patch :

-Fix for an issue that sometimes prevented players from shooting while in the gunner position of a vehicle
-Fix for the headshot icon appearing incorrectly at non-headshot deaths, such as suicide or dying of an explosion

Sounds like the Headshot icon was basically applied to any sudden deaths. How useful.

JJD

Unlocked the DAO-12. What a shotgun. The perfect balance between risk and reward imo.

UI983rm.png

Also, new patch :

Sounds like the Headshot icon was basically applied to any sudden deaths. How useful.

Use the Dao with flechette rounds before Dice nerfs it.

Mathezar

Guys, prevent BF4 from updating if you can!

Battlelog forums are filling with complaints about crashing to desktop while a map is loading (every game mode, every map), same is happening to me where I had no issues before this patch, FYI no client/server mismatch.

Paganmoon

Battlelog forums are filling with complaints about crashing to desktop while a map is loading (every game mode, every map), same is happening to me where I had no issues before this patch, FYI no client/server mismatch.

Preventing from updating, will prevent us to play the game at all though, right?

Going by DICE logic, since I had issues before updating should fix it. Nope I was wrong and crashed within 3 minutes due to....mantle issues?

Shotgun talk! :D :D

Loved it in BF3, super tempted to go Premium for it. So satisfying to chnk-chnk-chnk multiple enemies without a reload in a five-second period.

but does it have that perfect balance of fun and awesome as the Saiga!? :D

The Saiga is tentatively my favourite gun in BF4. I just wish my mechanics were better. Improvement so slow :<

Bombless

but does it have that perfect balance of fun and awesome as the Saiga!? :D

Too spammy!

Use the Dao with flechette rounds before Dice nerfs it.

I am.

Shotgun talk! :D :D
Loved it in BF3, super tempted to go Premium for it. So satisfying to chnk-chnk-chnk multiple enemies without a reload in a five-second period.

The reloading time makes it extremely risky to use, but it's what makes it so rewarding. 1.1s per shell takes getting used to though :D

Too spammy!
Have to wonder if you're trolling after extolling the virtues of the DAO :p
The reloading time makes it extremely risky to use, but it's what makes it so rewarding. 1.1s per shell takes getting used to though :D

Oh, for sure. The adrenaline rush of hiding while the shells are sloooowly slotted in...terrifying. But so great when you pop out and nobody's ready for that burst.

I'm just annoyed that i Symthic's gun comparison chart doesn't include shottys :( http://symthic.com/bf4-compare

Would love to know some more intricate differences between guns like the Saiga and the DVB that are seemingly identical, DVB just has one more round in the clip.

Love the HAWK too as a pump action gun, having a magazine in it makes reloading a non issue :p
Yeah, not having any decent comparison for them is a pain. BL is known to be a bit dodge in this regard I think?
I'm always torn between the HAWK and the 870. Usually fall on the side of the 870 if I'm looking for pump power, just 'cos I have more unlocks for it, but the HAWK is so beasht.

I'm always torn between the HAWK and the 870. Usually fall on the side of the 870 if I'm looking for pump power, just 'cos I have more unlocks for it, but the HAWK is so beasht.

i tend to grind Domination for unlocks. Hardcore Domination for the auto-shottys as even pointing them in the general direction of the enemy racks up kills.

i tend to grind Domination for unlocks. Hardcore Domination for the auto-shottys as even pointing them in the general direction of the enemy racks up kills.

Unlocks are part of what makes TDM so fun for me, so as I said above I might try Domination to see if I can shake that TDM stigma. :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
For those having issues with the latest patch, BASED DICE posted a workaround

Hi everyone,
We are aware that some of you have been experiencing some crashing since the patch this morning. Below is a workaround for this problem:

1. Go into your game directory (D:\Origin Games\Battlefield 4, or whatever is the default one)
2. If you have a &#8220;user.cfg&#8221; file, open it in notepad.
3. Delete the command line &#8220;UI.DrawEnable 1&#8221;
4. Save the file
5. Start the game

This file is not automatically created by the game so if you do not have it, you will need to create the user.cfg file and include the line mentioned in step 2. Once created Save the file and try to launch the game. It will mostly likely crash once more. After it does, delete the user.cfg and try again.

Fersis

ugh :D i'm glad i play on consoles these days. Too old for fumbling around command lines after 8 hours sitting on a computer at work.
Word.

Mikael Hedberg @slicedlime
We're running a test for a possible "netcode" fix on this server right now: please join and help us test! #BF4

Based DICE testing a netcode fix in this server

R27 Server Update
-Included various server optimizations
-Fix for a server crash that could occur when loading Second Assault maps

-Added a player.onDisconnect RCON event that let&#8217;s server owners and anti-cheat notify players why they were disconnected from a server

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064774795801512/last/

So I have every SA weapon unlocked except for the damned GOL Magnum. I think that I'll wait a few months until the towers cool down before I try again. Though thanks to the assignment I've learned that I like running around with an Acog on the M40A5.

I also unlocked the boot knife in my last gold battlepack. I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm currently running the F2000, AS-VAL, AK-5C, and M40A5 or DAO (depending on the gamemode).

Played Oblit on the new maps last night. Really good, though metro was only playable due to the MAV being impervious to anti-air, letting me kill the mortar spam and forward spawn beacons.

Will have to try CA Oblit soon.

This was posted on redit for those that may be having issues after the patch:

LightOfShadows 25 points 2 hours ago said:
If battlefield freezes on load, some change happened in the latest patch that tweaked a setting some people have in their user.cfg.
In your origin games/battlefield 4 folder (or where ever your root folder is) open user.cfg in notepad or other text program.
delete the line
UI.DrawEnable 1
and save the file.
Your game should start normally now.

Edit:
oops, sorry. Already addressed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ugh :D i'm glad i play on consoles these days. Too old for fumbling around command lines after 8 hours sitting on a computer at work.

Opening notepad, making a line. Saving it as a .cfg. Booting the game. Deleting the .cfg is too much work? Really?

Fersis

Opening notepad, making a line. Saving it as a .cfg. Booting the game. Deleting the .cfg is too much work? Really?
Nope, the hassle is going through the BF forum read several threads finding for the solution (That a user found)

DICE has to patch the patch i guess.

Nope, the hassle is going through the BF forum read several threads finding for the solution (That a user found)

yeah, i mean i've played online games since QuakeWorld. It's not the work, it's that i just don't feel like bothering :p

after being spoiled by magical console games that simply work and you don't need to worry about having the latest Beta display drivers, tinkering for 45 minutes trying to find the optimal framerate/visual settings, wondering why mouse lags and then installing 5 different user made mods to make the game actually start is something i just don't feel like bothering with anymore :D

Not to turn this into console wars i'll stop now :D I get the advantages too but these kind of official DICE replies on how to fix their game just feels silly.

Btw if youre using mantle and still crashing after the "UI.DrawEnable 1", try turning off mantle. Thats what I did and I was able to play 2 matches without any issues.

kidko

yay for hopes temporarily inflated while I'm at work, likely to be crushed when I get home and crash all night. (Will turn off Mantle, thx for the tip)

Woo-Fu

Banned

That is because people have edited their user.cfg by hand. There is a ui.enable or somesuch line that needs to be removed, will work fine after that.

This patch allowed me to play a round of Metro with no soundloop crash.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064774794328459/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ok, you can try running Process Monitor (procmon.exe) with disk logging enable, filter on the BF4 executable. Should give a good indication what the disk trashing is about.

I don't think ProcMon is part of Windows default installs? I'll install it later and play sometime this weekend and see. It happens about 2-5 hours of straight play, so it is a major deal but the freezes happen pretty often and it's always like 2gig RAM and 99% disk used to where it's a weird leak/freeze.

Why are we hyping for Platoons? Last time they were useless.

This. Why are people excited for this? They're pointless. Give me a Premium refund or something.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm basically about to ask the same question in the title of this thread:

Is the singleplayer campaign fixed yet? For reference, I have the Xbox One version and I would actually like to at least play through the campaign fully once but my save file was erased once (and maybe twice as I started it again right after, quit, and then it seems like even that one got erased).

I'm basically about to ask the same question in the title of this thread:

Is the singleplayer campaign fixed yet? For reference, I have the Xbox One version and I would actually like to at least play through the campaign fully once but my save file was erased once (and maybe twice as I started it again right after, quit, and then it seems like even that one got erased).

"Fixed" is a tough word to sign off on, but I've finished the campaign a couple times now. Seems okay to me.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
"Fixed" is a tough word to sign off on, but I've finished the campaign a couple times now. Seems okay to me.

Has your save file ever been erased before? I might give it another shot regardless, but I just don't want to get to the last mission and have my save gone. I wasn't sure if Dice ever talked about a specific patch to fix it or not, but as long as it seems like it's working now then I'll give it another shot.

Symax

I have made some neogaf emblems for bf4. Just follow the instructions below if you want to use them ingame. Would be nice to meet some gafers on the battlefield. :)

Importing an emblem

1. Log in to BF4 Battlelog.
  2. Visit the Customize emblem page.
  3. Click the "+ ADD" button to create a new blank emblem.
  4. Open the browser console (Ctrl-Shift-J for Chrome, Ctrl-Shift-K for Firefox, Ctrl-Shift-I for Opera, F12 for IE).
  5. Paste the linked code into the console and press Enter, making sure you get everything from the emblem.emblem.load to the ending semi-colon. (You will get the emblem loaded with all its layers)
  6. Close the console.
  7. Click the "SAVE & USE" button in the top right corner.

Emblem for Battlefield Premium members (40 layers)
CzHhdTi.jpg

Emblem for normal members (20 layers)
JuouYgm.jpg

Top Bottom