• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
"We want to keep our community happy and together"

*releases unfinished game*
*charges for DLC*
*has DLC running on entirely separate servers*

although I guess DLC on separate servers is actually good. if you want to play just normal maps with your buds who don't have DLC you can.

Exactly - the total opposite of together.

People should be mass-reminding DICE about this old stance of free DLC, it'd make the glitches and bugs and connection annoy me a lot less.

zma1013

Paying for maps is a truly terrible idea. Completely splits the community. It's unfortunate. I don't even know why I ever bother with Premium to be honest. There's always one friend who doesn't get it so I end up barely playing them anyway unless I'm playing by myself.

I agree, it sucks. Some of the people I know have premium, some only have the China Rising expansion, and some don't have either. It's really a struggle to play together.

It would be better if all games took a Halo 2 approach do DLC maps. Charge money at first for the maps, then a couple months down the road make it free to everyone. There will still be people who buy it for the ability to play them first, and for those who don't want to buy it, they can wait it out and play eventually. Then they still make some money on it and it doesn't permanently split the playerbase.

Ocho

Paying for maps is a truly terrible idea. Completely splits the community. It's unfortunate. I don't even know why I ever bother with Premium to be honest. There's always one friend who doesn't get it so I end up barely playing them anyway unless I'm playing by myself.

I'm actually fine with this. It's a business after all. Yes, it's not ideal, but if you ask me if I prefer paid maps to no maps at all, give me maps. When I play with friends with no Premium, I just play vanilla maps. I still like those.

Exactly - the total opposite of together.

People should be mass-reminding DICE about this old stance of free DLC, it'd make the glitches and bugs and connection annoy me a lot less.
Free dlc? I think we got two free (not already on disc) maps for bc2 but other than that, I can't recall any free dlc for other bf games.

Wait, the shotgun and DMR unlocks are out? I've been checking the Xbox store for them and haven't seen them (that's where I got the handgun and grenade packs). I do have premium.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Here TheSeks sir, @slicedlime always tweets when they test something on a live server.
You should ask him.

I'm not saying test with them (though that would get me the DICE-DICE tags instead of DICE-LA...) I'm saying test for me.

Or if you can rope Demize and Slicedlime into explaining what is saved from Unranked and other forms, that'd work.

BF2 also included free maps outside of the pay-for expansions IIRC.

Milennia

Hopefully never. I'm nearly at Prestige 10. I don't need any further Prestiging.

You consider 101-110 prestiging lol?
Whole thing took me 3 days.

10th prestige takes me a good few weeks.

Exp doesn't even move, its 200k per level.
I would take another 90 levels in a heartbeat, certainly have the damn boosts for it.

TheSeks

You consider 101-110 prestiging lol?
Whole thing took me 3 days.

10th prestige takes me a good few weeks.

Exp doesn't even move, its 200k per level.
I would take another 90 levels in a heartbeat.

Getting to 100 without EXP boosts took me a while, so yes. I consider the last 10 levels a victory lap/prestige since they don't change icons anyway.

Milennia

Getting to 100 without EXP boosts took me a while, so yes. I consider the last 10 levels a victory lap/prestige since they don't change icons anyway.

How long did 1-100 take you without boosts?
I didn't know how to use boosts until i hot 57 which was after 3 days of play including the auto boost, then when i found out how to use boosts after putting the game down for 10 minutes i applied them and hit 110 a week later.

My friend hit full 110 in 2 weeks without boosts of constant play.

Ocho

Why would you even...? Damn it Seks.

Free DLC is never coming back, boys. Never expect it. The market is now too big for giving away stuff.

I'm actually fine with this. It's a business after all. Yes, it's not ideal, but if you ask me if I prefer paid maps to no maps at all, give me maps. When I play with friends with no Premium, I just play vanilla maps. I still like those.

You weren't around before the ps360 era , were you:p

mp games used to have dozens to hundreds of maps, both added in patches and made by the community
bf1942 had a bunch of amazing maps made by mod teams

dice killed off modding by hiring and then swiftly disbanding trauma studios (creators of the main mod desert combat that was awesome and competing with the imminent release of their sequel) and then made sure to never release any tools for it on frostbite and locking the multiplayer down tighter than a mosquito's vagina by not allowing the community to run their own servers and putting everything behind that awful battlelog drm
hell even when the community found a way to enable 128 players on the dice approved servers in bf3 dice swiftly shut that down

they went through a lot of calculated effort to ensure you can't have more maps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3uerWOXQSg
rip DC

I remember them releasing conquest after the game came out, but not additional rush maps. Fuzzy memory though, didn't play BC1 near as much as some of the other games.

It would be nice to get free maps again but now that EA knows how much premium passes and paid DLC bring in for them, I doubt we see free ever again.

they released Conquest on 4 maps and then 4 additional Conquest maps later based on community voting.

PAR FOR THE COURSE!!

Ocho

You weren't around before the ps360 era , were you:p

mp games used to have dozens to hundreds of maps, both added in patches and made by the community
bf1942 had a bunch of amazing maps made by mod teams

dice killed off modding by hiring and then swiftly disbanding trauma studios (creators of the main mod desert combat that was awesome and competing with the imminent release of their sequel) and then made sure to never release any tools for it on frostbite and locking the multiplayer down tighter than a mosquito's vagina by not allowing the community to run their own servers and putting everything behind that awful battlelog drm
hell even when the community found a way to enable 128 players on the dice approved servers in bf3 dice swiftly shut that down

they went through a lot of calculated effort to ensure you can't have more maps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3uerWOXQSg
rip DC

I've been around since the original CS mod beta. I know mp maps were free, the entire BF history of mods and free maps, but I also accept times have changed.

TheSeks

How long did 1-100 take you without boosts?

I lie, kinda. I did use like 1-4 25% boosts during 2XP to finish Sniper Rifles, DMR's, Shotguns, and I think Pistols. Otherwise it took me... 200? *check* 238h 44m, roughtly about 240 hours to do it with the 2XP week, and weekends making up the "boosts" in between off and on regular play through weekends that weren't TV days for me.

Not too bad and maybe about 280 hours without the boosts and playing Rush normally. Probably slightly shorter with Conquest and doing capping flags/reviving chains.

@Ocho: I was curious.
CEe09yJ.png

Anyone else running into issues that runs borderless mode? All of the sudden it doesn't run full screen and I need to go into video options, set to fullscreen, save, and then set it back to borderless to get it to actually work properly. I was one of the few that didn't harp on BF4 for its issues as it rarely affected me but this is asinine considering it's around 4 months post release.

TheSeks

Anyone else running into issues that runs borderless mode? All of the sudden it doesn't run full screen and I need to go into video options, set to fullscreen, save, and then set it back to borderless to get it to actually work properly. I was one of the few that didn't harp on BF4 for its issues as it rarely affected me but this is asinine considering it's around 4 months post release.

Kane was having issues with it, but I just run all my titles in full-screen like consoles would. So I can't really say yes/no I'm affected by it.

Kane was having issues with it, but I just run all my titles in full-screen like consoles would. So I can't really say yes/no I'm affected by it.

Yeah, the latest patch completely broke it, even if you do the fullscreen -> borderless steps the game always stays on top of other programs unless you click the show desktop button and then click on whatever program you want to check while alt-tabbed, and this is for every time you alt tab out of the game.

You would also have to keep doing it every time you start up the game. Seriously, how did they manage to fuck up Borderless Windowed Mode when it worked since the release of the game.

Still works perfectly fine in BF3 doe, so I might as well play keep playing that for a while along with CS:GO.

SJS

Ugh, I really hate people in Rush who can't move up with tanks and solely focus on fighting other tanks down a straightway by standing still. I think moneyman was just in a game that had one of those idiots with me.

Also, I have no motivation to play Assault as of late and Support as of forever. Help me.

Erban1

Ugh, I really hate people in Rush who can't move up with tanks and solely focus on fighting other tanks down a straightway by standing still. I think moneyman was just in a game that had one of those idiots with me.

Also, I have no motivation to play Assault as of late and Support as of forever. Help me.

Yea i was in there, I've learned to ignore those types, makes things a bit harder to get done though. Do you play Rush often? I've been looking for more people to squad up for Rush

so gaf platoon?

We will create several, atleast one for each platform and probably again more for US east/west coast etc.

Stupid 100 soldier limit again in the platoons :/

I can put up the PS4 platoon.

oh sekoku you cray-cray! :D

Top Bottom