• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Can't figure out how to join. I'm on iPhone right now.

doesnt look like the App or the mobile site has been updated yet, try to access the desktop site or find a PC.

Applied to the platoon, how does it work if you have several platoons? you need to choose which is your "primary" or "active" one?

probably, there's no "search platoons" feature yet. (regular half-assed DICE feature release)

Paganmoon

doesnt look like the App or the mobile site has been updated yet, try to access the desktop site or find a PC.

probably, there's no "search platoons" feature yet. (regular half-assed DICE feature release)

Saw you were a PS4 player, will there be one joint one for all GAF or specific ones per platform?

Saw you were a PS4 player, will there be one joint one for all GAF or specific ones per platform?

in BF3 there were separate ones because you could select a platform when creating a platoon. Now there isnt.

But like i said earlier, join up and we'll see if everyone fits or I'll change the name to "GAF PS4" and someone creates one for PC and Xbone.

Why add platoons when there is not even a decent way to play together? Seriously I dread the moment when we try to play this together.

PS4 Gaf plays together often, finding platoon buddies ingame would make joining same servers easy. And it's what we hope that will be implemented one day. (wasn't for BF3)

Dr Prob

Banned

The way it's set up now, there could be just one for all players across all platforms, but the only way to level the platoon (which is the thing we're supposed to be doing?) is to be in games together in groups of four or more. It makes little sense, as once you get that many people on one side, those late to the party end up being balanced over, but ok.

The Battlelog people seem confident that the 100 player limit is temporary, so...

One giant ineffectual platoon and then platform-specific ones? How distracted by this are you?

I applied to join the platoon. I'm on PS4 and could use more GAFfers on my friend list. PSN ID is hi-fi_famicom. I PTFO, so I'll play whatever class is needed.

I have made some neogaf emblems for bf4. Just follow the instructions below if you want to use them ingame. Would be nice to meet some gafers on the battlefield. :)

Importing an emblem

1. Log in to BF4 Battlelog.
  2. Visit the Customize emblem page.
  3. Click the "+ ADD" button to create a new blank emblem.
  4. Open the browser console (Ctrl-Shift-J for Chrome, Ctrl-Shift-K for Firefox, Ctrl-Shift-I for Opera, F12 for IE).
  5. Paste the linked code into the console and press Enter, making sure you get everything from the emblem.emblem.load to the ending semi-colon. (You will get the emblem loaded with all its layers)
  6. Close the console.
  7. Click the "SAVE & USE" button in the top right corner.

Emblem for Battlefield Premium members (40 layers)
CzHhdTi.jpg

Emblem for normal members (20 layers)
JuouYgm.jpg

Great work - I am using that now :)

BF attached my Gravatar to my account or something - does that mean every time I kill somebody they just get a photo of me grinning away at them?

That thought entertains me more than a little.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Unless you are Valve. I've spent exactly 0 on all the new TF2 maps since release.

And Killzone Shadow Fall. The multiplayer is half-decent, but doesn't have many players, so it's cool that Guerrilla is making the new maps free.

I still remember the day dice said they would never charge for maps. I wish they would find some other successful way to get more money and keep maps free. Even now I mostly play vanilla maps because the community is already really divided.

atleast the platoon makes it easier to track fellow gaffers and add them to the battlelog friends list.

However with consoles this still doesnt help until they add a "platoon friends" or "battlelog friends" option and ability to join in on the same server.

when trying to change the emblem after being accepted into the Platoon:
You are currently using the Emblem of your active Platoon. If you decide to use one of your own Emblems you will not sync the Platoon Emblem anymore.

does this mean the stats wont add up for my platoon anymore?

I applied for the platoon. My PSN ID is kortez1981 if anyone wants to send an invite. I play pretty often. Logged 86 hours in BF4 on PS4 so far.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh im a platoon leader!
Thank noisepurge! ^__^

Such honor ;_;

So is there any way to have the jet controls inverted but the helicopter controls normal (on PS4)? Right now I have to constantly change between normal and inverted if I change between the helo and jet. I had this same exact issue on the 360 version of BF3 and there was no way to fix it.

Yopis

Will apply to platoon later today when near my computer. Trying from phone is no dice.

Psn kincade

Anyone play HC from time to time?

Top Bottom