• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

SJS

Got accepted into GAF platoon today. Played Conquest (instead of Rush like I usually do). Solo repped GAF hard with top scores and high k/d over several games. Finally got into Div 1 for SPM after learning how to boost with XP a few weeks ago lol. Join up with me later today if you want to shit on bad kids. (Again, PSN:ThreeBarHero)

I think I found the cause of my occasional inability to 3HK with DMRs. It seems that bullet damage is reduced when the opponent is in the water. Is this a consistent Battlefield mechanic?

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
For those that played CTF with me last night.

tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif

burnfout

So I haven't played for two weeks because I was pissed at the lag, is it any better now? Want to play some this weekend :(

PS4/Europe btw

Kak.efes

BF3 CTF >>>> BF4 CTF

I miss Nebandan Flats. Taking refuge with the little bird in and around the middle complex, and laser guiding motorcycles all day was some of the most fun I've had in CTF. This shit in BF4 doesn't even compare.

Naval Strike has titan mode. Oh I hope it's true and I hope it's good.

I can imagine assaulting a carrier with Little Birds. (Crossing my fingers, eyes and toes)

And getting shot down 5 seconds later thanks to anti heli mines (completely necessary, the air in this game is just so powerful!) and enemy engineers that exclusively only use stiglas as their rocket launchers of choice.

burnfout

And getting shot down 5 seconds later thanks to anti heli mines (completely necessary, the air in this game is just so powerful!) and enemy engineers that exclusively only use stiglas as their rocket launchers of choice.

Only the little bird. The attack heli is a death trap of epic proportions, wasn't playtested for a second.

Only the little bird. The attack heli is a death trap of epic proportions, wasn't playtested for a second.

23 Seconds to reload ECM Jammer / 24 seconds to reload flares

3.5 Seconds to reload a Stinger (While being fire and forget)

5 Stinger Missiles per engineer.

Guaranteed mobility hit every time a stinger hits.

If a Little Bird doesn't have someone repairing it it is nearly just as bad. The maneuverability doesn't matter for shit when anti air missiles are on steroids and can literally make at least half a dozen tight turns around aircrafts (and eventually hitting them anyway). Of course it's even worse when you're playing on maps like Golmud Railway and to some extent Hainan Resort.

I do enjoy the fact that DICE were relatively quick in fixing the flare glitch, while the STAFF shell exploit is still not fixed to this day.

/rant

there was a carrier assault map in the Battlefield 2 Special forces expansion pack. IIRC a US carrier was stuck near an island and the MEC team had to assault it.

But capturing a titan in BF2142 was also a lot of fun! Except for the crazy rubber banding XD

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If by worked, you mean was completely broken then yes I agree with you.

I don't disagree that most of it was pretty broken, but the mode itself? Was pretty fun and a nice addition, which is more than you can say for the other modes they introduced in Battlefield 3's DLC.

Seanspeed

Banned

If a Little Bird doesn't have someone repairing it it is nearly just as bad. The maneuverability doesn't matter for shit when anti air missiles are on steroids and can literally make at least half a dozen tight turns around aircrafts (and eventually hitting them anyway). Of course it's even worse when you're playing on maps like Golmud Railway and to some extent Hainan Resort.

I do enjoy the fact that DICE were relatively quick in fixing the flare glitch, while the STAFF shell exploit is still not fixed to this day.

/rant
This is why its impossible for me to learn how to fly properly. I just get shot down within seconds most of the time. And no, the training ground is not a good place to learn. Teaches absolutely jack shit about being an effective pilot.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Flying on a large conquest map is instant death unless you camp in your own base =S

Aye, anything in the air is prey to the most overpowered vehicle in the game. And if you haven't got Active Radar missiles, you're prey to any other air vehicle that does. And if someone starts to tail you, it's pretty much impossible to lose them without chance help from someone on the ground or your one other jet pal (if he isn't dead/being tailed). On top of that, it's hard to even lay down much air support unless you've got the later unlocks.

Flying sucks.

Aye, anything in the air is prey to the most overpowered vehicle in the game. And if you haven't got Active Radar missiles, you're prey to any other air vehicle that does. And if someone starts to tail you, it's pretty much impossible to lose them without chance help from someone on the ground or your one other jet pal (if he isn't dead/being tailed). On top of that, it's hard to even lay down much air support unless you've got the later unlocks.

Flying sucks.

Yeah, and like I said, even if they do nerf the MAA, that's not going to stop half the enemy team from equipping a stinger, which in and of itself is OP as hell too.

They should have applied the same mentality they did with rocket launchers on air vehicles, the MBT LAW doesn't mobility hit because it requires almost no effort whatsoever. Same thing should apply to the stingers. That would provide people with a choice of wanting a quick damage dealer or a more powerful anti air rocket launcher that can hit harder and mobility hit at the cost of actually having to position well and keep aiming at the heli (IGLA).

As of right now however: An engineer can shoot all of his 5 stingers in ~17.5 seconds.

An ECM Jammer takes 23 seconds to recharge. How the fuck anyone at DICE remotely thinks that's balanced I have no goddamn clue. Let's not forget the fact that getting mobility hit means you wont be able to move your heli for shit unless you want it to crash on something and explode.

Attack choppers are actively punished for using an aggressive play style, I'm not advocating that the air should go 50-0 and be invincible to enemy anti air, but what I am asking for is for choppers not to be scared shitless when they see 1 stinger lock on them from someone who sees a helicopter from a few hundred meters away and decided he wanted some free easy kills.

I understand most of my posts in this thread are generally rants and complaints, but it's frustrating that there are so many steps backwards being taken from BF3, which makes it harder to compliment the game knowing that a lot of the good stuff in this game is done better in BF3, even what a lot of people would consider minor like the dog tags.

TheSeks

The AN-94 was terrible in BF3... why would you want that back?

TheSeks

Herp. No. It was terrible all around. Automatic fire was about the only thing that saved that gun. The selling feature of it ("two-short burst") was awful and the single-shot damage was pathetic to where it couldn't survive most encounters.

It'd... maybe be good for long range, but in that case: Why not use the AEK or some other assault rifle over the AN-94?

It was pure flaming trash in BF3 and had like no redeeming qualities after BC2's version.

It's like DICE went "oh you liked that overpowered gun? WELL FUCK YOU *nerf into the ground*"

Herp. No. It was terrible all around. Automatic fire was about the only thing that saved that gun. The selling feature of it ("two-short burst") was awful and the single-shot damage was pathetic to where it couldn't survive most encounters.

It'd... maybe be good for long range, but in that case: Why not use the AEK or some other assault rifle over the AN-94?

It was pure flaming trash in BF3 and had like no redeeming qualities after BC2's version.

It's like DICE went "oh you liked that overpowered gun? WELL FUCK YOU *nerf into the ground*"

You're terrible all around.

scogoth

hahaha I lol'd

AN-94 was epic

terrible

Banned
hahaha I lol'd

AN-94 was epic

Yeah it was perfectly usable in pubs. I rode that and the KH to a 3.4+ K/D in BF3. You're not going to want to use it in a competitive setting but that can be said about every weapon not named the M16 basically lol.

Mafro

/rant
I'm glad most choppers can be shot down with stingers so easily, particularly the Little Bird. It's ridiculous that they can be repaired while in flight with absolutely no penalty at all, they should only be able to be repaired on the ground or repairing while in flight should come with some sort of movement penalty.

Mobile AA badly needs nerfed, though. That thing is a joke on the two maps you mentioned.

Top Bottom