• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
fuck you DICE

Eh, if it's like those stupid in-one-life trophies on PS3, you should be able to "die" and be revived in the middle of your streak.

Still, kinda stupid to require you to LAND on the towers first and then get a killstreak going in the same round.

Eh, if it's like those stupid in-one-life trophies on PS3, you should be able to "die" and be revived in the middle of your streak.

Still, kinda stupid to require you to LAND on the towers first and then get a killstreak going in the same round.

in the same LIFE.

i did it in the same round last night, almost in one life but my chopper got taken out by a jet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
in the same LIFE.

Again: If it's like the Jet/Tank/Infantry and the other similar trophies in BF3 that say "in one life" revives will work in your favor. If you "die" during your killstreak, get revived to continue your killstreak, just like those trophies.

Ocho

Only thing I can think of is how fast you uploaded this 21 minute video compared to scogoth's 10 minute one.

And how I really need an SSD :(

2 hours instead of 15. The power of tacos.

SSD is broken in this game, I never fail to get the initial tank spawn. So good.

PS4 here, got into a good match with some guys from GAF on the opposite team on Dawnbreaker. Well played guys, even if my side full of randoms beat you guys out.

nk6sb7Hl.jpg

Again: If it's like the Jet/Tank/Infantry and the other similar trophies in BF3 that say "in one life" revives will work in your favor. If you "die" during your killstreak, get revived to continue your killstreak, just like those trophies.

all of those combined were easier than this.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Yeah, and like I said, even if they do nerf the MAA, that's not going to stop half the enemy team from equipping a stinger, which in and of itself is OP as hell too.

They should have applied the same mentality they did with rocket launchers on air vehicles, the MBT LAW doesn't mobility hit because it requires almost no effort whatsoever. Same thing should apply to the stingers. That would provide people with a choice of wanting a quick damage dealer or a more powerful anti air rocket launcher that can hit harder and mobility hit at the cost of actually having to position well and keep aiming at the heli (IGLA).

As of right now however: An engineer can shoot all of his 5 stingers in ~17.5 seconds.

An ECM Jammer takes 23 seconds to recharge. How the fuck anyone at DICE remotely thinks that's balanced I have no goddamn clue. Let's not forget the fact that getting mobility hit means you wont be able to move your heli for shit unless you want it to crash on something and explode.

Attack choppers are actively punished for using an aggressive play style, I'm not advocating that the air should go 50-0 and be invincible to enemy anti air, but what I am asking for is for choppers not to be scared shitless when they see 1 stinger lock on them from someone who sees a helicopter from a few hundred meters away and decided he wanted some free easy kills.

I understand most of my posts in this thread are generally rants and complaints, but it's frustrating that there are so many steps backwards being taken from BF3, which makes it harder to compliment the game knowing that a lot of the good stuff in this game is done better in BF3, even what a lot of people would consider minor like the dog tags.

Well at least it's possible to take choppers down, compared to tanks that I find near impossible. You have to shoot them close with a line of sight and even then it seems to take 5 hits to get the job done. After one hit your position is exposed and the tank will blast you. I have seen good chopper pilots succeed in staying alive by keeping moving out of my range.

Well at least it's possible to take choppers down, compared to tanks that I find near impossible. You have to shoot them close with a line of sight and even then it seems to take 5 hits to get the job done. After one hit your position is exposed and the tank will blast you. I have seen good chopper pilots succeed in staying alive by keeping moving out of my range.

Yeah, in BF3 it was easy for me to take out tanks and very tough to take out a helicopter if the pilot was good. BF4 reversed things. Now I'm lucky if I can blow up a tank with a launcher. C4 on a vehicle never gets old though!

abracadaver

Still not a single jet fighter ribbon after 3 hours of air superiority and lots of conquest.

I once got 4 kills in AS ... So close

I noticed when flying in conquest my plane constantly twitches every few seconds which makes it impossible to hit any infantry. The AC 130 sometimes takes no damage at all when I shoot it.

Will try AS again later today. Need 3 of those damn ribbons for the achievement.

scogoth

Luckily, I recorded my perfect tank run on Golmud. Spicey tank action and DrunkenGAF chatter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPrimoqjlyA

(Fortunately I forgot to record my mic)

Now I got to watch 20 minutes to make we didn't say anything stupid.

EDIT: I know how bitch like no other lol. I guess thats part of being a princess.

EDIT2: Now I know at 14 min why there were so many rockets. We couldn't figure out how we kept killing engineers on that rock but more kept popping up, that squad spawn.

Ocho

Now I got to watch 20 minutes to make we didn't say anything stupid.

EDIT: I know how bitch like no other lol. I guess thats part of being a princess.

EDIT2: Now I know at 14 min why there were so many rockets. We couldn't figure out how we kept killing engineers on that rock but more kept popping up, that squad spawn.

That delicious squad spawn next to a tank. I'd like for Shadow Play to be able to only record the in game audio without Mumble/etc, but I can see why it's not that way.

I like that whenever I activate an EXP boost on PC it just crashes.

This game is still just as unstable for me on PC as it was on day 1. It was never profoundly broken, but it is just as inconsistent as it was 4 months ago. I still get random disconnects half the time, crashes for no reason, horrible netcode.

Yet the PS4 version seems to be the most stable for me. Ugh, this game. I wish it was stable, it's a great game buried by this shit.

Still not a single jet fighter ribbon after 3 hours of air superiority and lots of conquest.

I once got 4 kills in AS ... So close

I noticed when flying in conquest my plane constantly twitches every few seconds which makes it impossible to hit any infantry. The AC 130 sometimes takes no damage at all when I shoot it.

Will try AS again later today. Need 3 of those damn ribbons for the achievement.

stick to Conquest. try to get the attack jet and use the secondary weapon on vehicles and take out the AC130 if you see it.

VariantX

Aye, anything in the air is prey to the most overpowered vehicle in the game. And if you haven't got Active Radar missiles, you're prey to any other air vehicle that does. And if someone starts to tail you, it's pretty much impossible to lose them without chance help from someone on the ground or your one other jet pal (if he isn't dead/being tailed). On top of that, it's hard to even lay down much air support unless you've got the later unlocks.

Flying sucks.

It doesn't help that you cannot break line of sight in most of the maps either. Shanghai and Dawnbreaker offer pilots some means of retreat by flying between buildings, the others just have air vehicles as sitting ducks due to MAA just having an obnoxious range on its guns.

Spl1nter

Well, that's available, but my mic picks up a lot of ambient noise and it's the worst. You'd basically listen to my keyboard.

Is that really what the ambient noise would be? Dont lie, someone is probably eating tacos in the background while a mariachi band plays watching luchadors face off.

StewboaT_

I'd like to express just how disgusted I am with the fact that the rubberbanding is as atrocious as ever. Officially done with this game, which is a bloody shame :(

/rant

Play round of Metro Rush. Crash when it ends.

Rejoin and play second round of metro rush. Crash when it ends.

Rejoin and play round of Firestorm rush. Crash when it ends.

This is absurd.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Play round of Metro Rush. Crash when it ends.

Rejoin and play second round of metro rush. Crash when it ends.

Rejoin and play round of Firestorm rush. Crash when it ends.

This is absurd.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Work is closed due to snow and would love to play all day. If it is laggy like this weekend, I can always get some tomb raider played or finish ac 4.

Top Bottom