• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Work is closed due to snow and would love to play all day. If it is laggy like this weekend, I can always get some tomb raider played or finish ac 4.
I think it might have been related to joining through battle log and not being able to join the person. The next game I got in his squad and the game didn't crash at the end of the round. And, of course, then he left.

Then I played some CTF on SA and it was the rubberbandingest I've ever seen it.

You got much snow? We got like a dusting today and tomorrow's forecast seems fairly light.

Dr Prob

Banned
Anyways, GG's y'all.

Yeah, GGs everyone. Server clearly couldn't handle all that GAF.

Sorry about heading straight into a wall in that heli DrProb...Your intense repairing distracted me.

Nice flying ace!

animation1kuurg.gif

terrible

Banned
Yeah, GGs everyone. Server clearly couldn't handle all that GAF.

Nice flying ace!

animation1kuurg.gif
The guy spawning in there at the last second got screwed. He didn't even have enough time for an "oh shit". He died instantly. Hahahaha. Let this be a lesson to everyone: make sure everything looks fine in the preview camera before you spawn in a chopper.

DoubleD

I played some domination last night. Tried conquest while waiting to get into a lobby with some GAF. Whole lotta nope. That rubberband stutter is going to give me seizures. I don't understand how it has gotten worse since release post patches. I love this game when it's stable but it definitely needs a lot of work before I can put much time into it again.

Oh yeah, and thanks to PSN sucking, can't use party chat either.

Yeah, shit is weird. Tried to invite the guys into chat, but nooooooooo.

The guy spawning in there at the last second got screwed. He didn't even have enough time for an "oh shit". He died instantly. Hahahaha. Let this be a lesson to everyone: make sure everything looks fine in the preview camera before you spawn in a chopper.

Mitchman will have his revenge!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think im taking crazy pills but... in 2nd Assault Maps for some reason i get "auto revived" every single time.
The option of Deploy or Revive is not showin'

Joined some gaffers but the lag was too much for me tonight. :(

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I think it might have been related to joining through battle log and not being able to join the person. The next game I got in his squad and the game didn't crash at the end of the round. And, of course, then he left.

Then I played some CTF on SA and it was the rubberbandingest I've ever seen it.

You got much snow? We got like a dusting today and tomorrow's forecast seems fairly light.

Only rain so far, supposed to turn to snow around 10 and then tomorrow a coast storm comes up right on its tail end and dump up to 8 inches all day tomorrow.

Facism

You're in You-rope. :(

big fucking deal the netcode is so bad it doesn't make a difference if i play with you guys in the USA or in the EU. I've tested it, same shit no matter the area.

So add me bredrens. I'll be SoberLive_Feed on account that i'm as dry as a nun's cunt.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You and I have to get some lag compensation tips from Norua. Me especially if I join you on your Spain(?) servers.\

Joined Spats on Metro Rush in BF3 a year or so back and did so bad due to the lag but we won. So that's all that mattered for my -5 or so KDR.

I don't always use Commander Mode, but when I do, I beg my team to accept my orders and spend 10 minutes telling snipers to get off the top of that fucking dome on Rogue Transmission. Such a half-assed feature.

I played with Facism on some european servers, and like he said there doesn't seem to be any major differences. Getting one hit killed and so on, same shit.

TheSeks

I played with Facism on some european servers, and like he said there doesn't seem to be any major differences. Getting one hit killed and so on, same shit.

There's a pretty telling difference, to me. Shorter reaction times due to the lag. I don't get the trade-kills pretty often anymore. But on European servers I have to take longer to kill someone while they have a shorter window to kill me. Puts me at a huge disadvantage.

Facism

There's a pretty telling difference, to me. Shorter reaction times due to the lag. I don't get the trade-kills pretty often anymore. But on European servers I have to take longer to kill someone while they have a shorter window to kill me. Puts me at a huge disadvantage.

I think it would be moot, anyhow. If i end up gathering up with you guys it's pretty much 90% going to be American servers, something i'm alright with. I dun give 2 shits about K:D as long as we win.

I don't always use Commander Mode, but when I do, I beg my team to accept my orders and spend 10 minutes telling snipers to get off the top of that fucking dome on Rogue Transmission. Such a half-assed feature.

Lol i looked at your game to see you commanding a 400 ticket deficit :eek: It's a shame you can't friendly fire snipers with an artillery barrage or cruise missile :p

And you were like the football coach in one game with the "you just gotta believe" comment in turning over a 250 ticket deficit into a 200 ticket surplus win :D

Lol i looked at your game to see you commanding a 400 ticket deficit :eek: It's a shame you can't friendly fire snipers with an artillery barrage or cruise missile :p

ikr, team was full of 2 man squads too, team please.

And you were like the football coach in one game with the "you just gotta believe" comment in turning over a 250 ticket deficit into a 200 ticket surplus win :D

Was listening to this when I was playing that round. =P

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tried playing with a GAFer today, but the rubber-banding was too terrible to stomach more than one round. It was Hainan Resort, and at one point, I fell through what looked like solid hotel rooftop, and floated through the building like a ghost.

Still, he and I did come out as no. 2 and 3 on our team respectively.

We knew what we were getting into when we migrated from the 360.

It took me a few silent rounds, and after I quit in disgust, before I remembered it's possible to use the Squad Chat feature. But, even that seemed to have its own problems.

Still, I hit level 100! Of course, at one time, this was a big achievement, but now it just means I have 10 more levels to go.

abracadaver

Finally got 2 jet fighter ribbons yesterday. Only 1 more to go.

In air superiority

Watched a video on youtube were the guy went 25-0. That helped a lot.

Its still very hard for me but at least its possible now

Mafro

Having real trouble unlocking the SUAV. Spent a few hours yesterday afternoon trying to get it and the handful of times I've actually managed to get in the bomber station I've somehow only gotten kill assists rather than actual kills. Just my luck.

Whoever it is at DICE who thinks up the criteria for these assignments needs a slap.

Facism

ikr, team was full of 2 man squads too, team please.

Sometimes, in lost rounds, i stop PTFO and start hunting recons with jeeps, bikes and buggies. It's even better if they're german because the abuse that comes through is in broken english and reminds of this

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c216/paulB812/de44798f.jpg

I'll sit there giggling at xHANSDESTROYERx imagining the rage seething behind the words.

Was listening to this when I was playing that round. =P

saw her on the TV a month back. Still got dat body.

Having real trouble unlocking the SUAV. Spent a few hours yesterday afternoon trying to get it and the handful of times I've actually managed to get in the bomber station I've somehow only gotten kill assists rather than actual kills. Just my luck.

Whoever it is at DICE who thinks up the criteria for these assignments needs a slap.

The assignments for unlocks are terrible. I mean, look at it this way. We've paid for the expansions. Give us our weapons and equipment, don't put them behind shitty assignments. Keep the assignments if you want, for those that care about them, but give us the shit we paid for unlocked and ready to use. DICE probably laughing at us all for being mugs.

Had an amazing Conquest round on Shanghai earlier. My squad and I held down D and E the whole match. I blew up many vehicles and even managed to steal a tank because the driver got out to try using a Stinger on a helicopter. I was hiding around the corner and knifed him in the back, then killed 5 dudes with their own tank. Of course, the rest of my team was dumb and we ended up losing :(

abracadaver

The ribbons are much harder to get on console because there are no custom servers. A round of air superiority takes only 5 minutes because the ticket limit is 200. On PC you have much more time to earn the ribbons.

The ribbons are much harder to get on console because there are no custom servers. A round of air superiority takes only 5 minutes because the ticket limit is 200. On PC you have much more time to earn the ribbons.

Yep, they are hilariously bad most of the time too. Most rounds end super quick and everyone has 0 kills but 10 deaths due to falling out of the sky after a single missile hit. And the game doesnt count those as kills for anyone :D

Mafro

The assignments for unlocks are terrible. I mean, look at it this way. We've paid for the expansions. Give us our weapons and equipment, don't put them behind shitty assignments. Keep the assignments if you want, for those that care about them, but give us the shit we paid for unlocked and ready to use. DICE probably laughing at us all for being mugs.
I don't have a problem with stuff that just requires you to get a certain number of kills with guns to unlock weapons, but it's shit like that Safe Raiding assignment and the GOL Magnum one that basically condones camping that are completely detrimental to the way the game should be played. I remember when China Rising first game out and seeing almost two squads-worth of people fighting to get into the bomber to unlock the SUAV, this went on in numerous other rounds as well. At least there's less people trying to unlock it now since they nerfed it, but it's still pretty bad.

Played a couple of pretty fun games last night with Zeouterlimits. EUWPCBF4GAF should join us sometime. If only to stop me ever using that acronym again.

Also: grinding Engineer a bit and holy god those Stingers are ridiculous. How is air supposed to combat that?

TheSeks

and seks is just silly, Sony has a lot of great sales nowadays,

$5-off flashsale is a "good deal" to you, Noisepurge?

I'm glad Sony is getting into the sales game, but their sales have been AWFUL the majority of the time and Premium for BF3 never went on sale on consoles while it went on sale multiple times on PC.

$5-off flashsale is a "good deal" to you, Noisepurge?

I'm glad Sony is getting into the sales game, but their sales have been AWFUL the majority of the time and Premium for BF3 never went on sale on consoles while it went on sale multiple times on PC.

vat? they just had a good February sale too after some great xmas/january sales:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ks-off-today-save-on-gt6-knack-tearaway-more/

Last of Us 50% for example.

and you're dead wrong, premium itself was on sale this february too:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...counts-big-name-franchises-playstation-store/

TheSeks

vat? they just had a good February sale too after some great xmas/january sales:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...ks-off-today-save-on-gt6-knack-tearaway-more/

Last of Us 50% for example.

and you're dead wrong, premium itself was on sale this february too:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...counts-big-name-franchises-playstation-store/

Ah, you're talking Europe. See, here in America SCEA's sales have been awful in the US. Prime example here for "two day only sale" 25% off is pretty terrible.

Sony got chewed out (rightly) on that and finally, improved. Actually, scratch that first one. Looking beyond the title of the blogs and actually looking at the flash sales that one is still pretty bad.

As for Premium: On sale two years later when most people have moved to BF4 and/or next-gen consoles. Uh, thanks, Sony and EA?

It seemed like the only thing not on sale for PC. :(

Premium will go on sale on PC by May or June. Whereas it'll be 2015 on PS3 at the best if Sony and EA have their way.

Switching the "hold the options button" (PS4) from scoreboad to big map (L1 or R1) is the best protip ever, especially if you're squad leader.

Game was basically unplayable for me yesterday. Rubberbanding on EVERY map.. What a disaster.
I just cannot believe they can sell us a product like this and there is no way to make them accountable for it.

Game was basically unplayable for me yesterday. Rubberbanding on EVERY map.. What a disaster.
I just cannot believe they can sell us a product like this and there is no way to make them accountable for it.

rubber banding will only go away once the private servers show up. the game is too popular and EA's servers can't handle it

Top Bottom