• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's not funny! It's a serious condition that afflicts certain BF players. I don't find it funny when I get flung in to a sandbag and my body is sent 3 miles into the air. Then I have to listen to that French one laugh at my pain.

*tear*

At least that's better than being roadkilled, surely?

TheSeks

You're no longer a target. There is a feud between Splinter DrunkenStuper and Norua DrunkenFrenchie DrunkenRapunzel
I think Stuper is winning so far.

You say this, but it'll be back on me again as soon as I'm back from being sick this weekend. :(

Golmund Railway is like Christmas morning if you're an engineer with a stinger. Love it.

Tried that other one - the one with the hold-lock - and had a lot of fun. The extra 100m range is pretty tashte.

Its 20% off on gamersgate. My resolve finally crumbled only for gamersgate to not be able to process my credit card.

I said screw it and pulled the trigger, heh, earlier tonight. No regrets yet.

Spamming RPG-7 in Locker. I feel dirty, but I laughed sooo much. God what a game.

I thought about playing the game.

Then I remembered that for no reason at all, it started unfailingly crashing upon load of the levels.
So no, uninstall it is.

TheSeks

I thought about playing the game.

Then I remembered that for no reason at all, it started unfailingly crashing upon load of the levels.
So no, uninstall it is.

seh6p.gif

@Splinter: Not my fault I got a cold.

Kill card shows 0 health
the kill card would show the health as predicted by your game client, rather than the health confirmed by the server... .

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Meaning, on my screen the my client predicted I killed the fucking guy, but your horseshit netcode says otherwise.

TheSeks

So new glitch today. I was shooting someone while being shot and I didn't die. I looked at my health and it said 0.

Not really a glitch. That happened in BF3 occasionally. It's something like 0.5% health or something but the game's GUI rounds it down (weirdly) to 0%.

terrible

Banned
I've seen myself with 0 health a few times in BF4. Seemed more common in BF3 to be honest and those 100 assists were definitely way more common in BF3 too.

thespot84

has anyone seen:

a) framerate issues with second assault? i get around 75fps with 130% scaling on ultra on other maps, but second assault is terrible.

b) the battlescreen in browser broken? everything shows up as little black boxes flying around.

Ark

I don't know what they did to helicopters but I just cannot fly them. In BC2 on PS3 I would decimate a team into being spawn trapped in no-time. But on BF4 (PS4) I just spin around in the air and inevitably crash into something, I just can't get the hang of them.

I don't know about the planes, but a good Little Bird pilot can really dominate a map. Annoying as hell. (I only ever play infantry)

love me some Littlebird action, especially with a buddy on board firing off stingers and repairing it on the go.

Same works with the transport choppers, just have a guy(or two) on board that can fire stingers against enemy air vehicles and you're golden.

terrible

Banned
love me some Littlebird action, especially with a buddy on board firing off stingers and repairing it on the go.

Same works with the transport choppers, just have a guy(or two) on board that can fire stingers against enemy air vehicles and you're golden.

A fully loaded transport chopper with smart players can (sadly) be more deadly than an attack chopper.

demolitio

Wow, my friend and I can't even play Second Assault on PS4 right now. The worst lag we've had in quite a while.

I wish this game was fixed and that I got it on PC, but as it stands right now, this is my favorite game that I hate to play.

A fully loaded transport chopper with smart players can (sadly) be more deadly than an attack chopper.

oh definitely. the actual attack choppers seem very limited in what they can do and the weapons are just piss weak. My balancefix for them would be to add a shitload of armor in them.

a little bird with cannons + laser guided missiles is a more nimble version of the attack chopper in my opinion. Add the on board repair+stinger guy and its even deadlier.

a fully loaded transport chopper with buddies on partychat is indeed a killer with repair+stingers+2 gatling guns.

New ps4 patch rolling out, another mtar21 nerf :-(

The mp7 just got nerfed too :(

oh definitely. the actual attack choppers seem very limited in what they can do and the weapons are just piss weak. My balancefix for them would be to add a shitload of armor in them.

a little bird with cannons + laser guided missiles is a more nimble version of the attack chopper in my opinion. Add the on board repair+stinger guy and its even deadlier.

a fully loaded transport chopper with buddies on partychat is indeed a killer with repair+stingers+2 gatling guns.

I think making the attack heli as nimble as it was in BF3 and a buff to it's main weapons would help.

Bombless

Tried that other one - the one with the hold-lock - and had a lot of fun.

There is no reason to use the Stinger when you have access to the Igla launcher. With a bit of practice you can reaquire locks even through flares (the missile returns on target if you are quick enough).

and on that note,

We’ve started rolling out a new Battlefield 4 game update on Playstation 4. You may experience some downtime during this rollout, as we are also updating the game servers. As usual, it will take a few hours before the majority of servers are updated.

March 4 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Several crash fixes and stability improvements
-Various improvements for Spectator Mode
-Tweaked timing for how long the killfeed stays on screen
-Fixed an issue where the message "Joining Server" sometimes didn't appear when the user tried to join the server
-Added default player slots to server browser filters
-Fix for an issue on Silk Road where players could deform the terrain to create a big, water-filled hole
-Fix for a bug that occurred with the end-of-round camera if the player was in the bomber in China Rising
-Fix for an issue on Rogue Transmission where it was impossible to capture a flag while riding the quad bike
-Prevented players from interacting with an M-Com on Siege of Shanghai after it had been destroyed
-Fixed an issue where audio for disarming M-Coms could get stuck in an infinite loop
-Added minimap details for missing carriers in Rush on Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort
-Fix for an exploit that would allow players to shoot two tank shells with not enough delay between shots
-Removed a bug where squads would get split up when transitioning between Conquest and Air Superiority
-Fixed an issue where Defuse could get stuck in an unplayable state between rounds
-Removed a bug that would cause players to sometimes get stuck in the killcam after having been killed
-Fixed an issue with revive icon not being greyed out in-game on map and minimap, when the player died after getting revived in Defuse
-General improvements and bug fixes for the Battledash and Mission create screens
-Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures FINALLY.
-Zoom dispersion fix. When zooming in while firing the dispersion did not lower to the new max value
-Fixed a bug where the enemy health always displayed as full in the kill-cam
-Fixed an issue in Defuse so killed bomb carrier can’t plant a bomb in the next round without picking up a new bomb
-The MAV has been updated to prevent players from exploiting it
-Improved repair rates for vehicles with different base healths
-Tweaked volume balance and other ambience parameters on the majority of base game and China Rising maps
-Improved the track vehicles wheel friction so vehicles don’t get stuck at relatively minor hills
-Fixed an issue with faulty zoom levels that occurred when using click to zoom in. While sprinting and zooming, will mess up the zoom levels, from hip to zoom.
-Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water

Weapon tweaks
-THe SRS bolt action time has been tweaked and the rate of fire has been lowered
-The GOL bolt action time has been tweaked
-The muzzle velocity for the MP7 has been reduced
-The MTAR21 muzzle velocity has been reduced
-Updated the handling of the 1x scopes for Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, UTAS, MTAR, L85A2, and F2000
-Updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW

Paganmoon

Added a new bug in the battlelog update it seems, already unlocked assignments that have a "in a round" requirement don't show those requirements as filled. Just noticed on Express Train assignment, got it unlocked, and it now shows the requirements as not fulfilled.

mitchman

Gold Member
Added a new bug in the battlelog update it seems, already unlocked assignments that have a "in a round" requirement don't show those requirements as filled. Just noticed on Express Train assignment, got it unlocked, and it now shows the requirements as not fulfilled.

I saw that one before this patch too.

Naval Strike Assignments

Spare time Sniper
- Assault Rifle ribbon x3
- Get 20 headshots with Assault Rifles
Reward: AR160

Packing a Punch
- Destroy 20 boats
Reward: SR-2

Swiss Cheese
- LMG ribbon x3
- Destroy 3 vehicles as Support
Reward: AWS

Always Deadly
- Sniper Rifle ribbon x3
- Ge 5 kills with C4 on NS maps
Reward: SR338

Curve Ball
- Get 10 kills with an Impact
Reward: SW40

Multi Tool
- Get 10 kills with UGL Darts
- Get 10 kills with UGL LVG
Reward: M320 3GL

Death from Below
- PDW ribbon x3
- Destroy 5 attack air vehicles with Rocket Launchers
Reward: AA Mine

Cronnie

Naval Strike Assignments

There's also these four:

Phantom Trainee (Phantom Camo)
* Play as premium once
* ?

Titans of Steel (Titans of Steel Dog tag)
* Reach rank 10
* Destroy an objective in Carrier Assault

Scourge of the Sea (Scourge of the Sea Dog tag)
* Reach rank 10
* Play 10 hours of Naval Strike
* Get 1 kill with AA mine

Giant Slayer (Giant Slayer Dog tag)
* Reach rank 10
* Win 20 rounds of Carrier Assault

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
-Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BASED DICE !!!!

Kickass patch!

There is no reason to use the Stinger when you have access to the Igla launcher. With a bit of practice you can reaquire locks even through flares (the missile returns on target if you are quick enough).

Yeah, that's the one. Igla. It's pretty beast. I didn't know that you could reacquire locks and surprised the hell out of myself when I did it accidentally last night. Good times. :) Plus that extra 100m range is nice.

- Assignment criteria that needs to be obtained in-a-round now show the completion counter and is marked with "In a round"

qiaLzz6.jpg

Nice.

Glorious typo.

Phantom Trainee (Phantom Camo)
* Play as premium once
* ?

Wat.

-Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BASED DICE !!!!

Kickass patch!

Okay that is pretty great.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mad respect for re working the vehicle handling.

Top Bottom