• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Naval Strike weapons.

SR-338, AR-160 AR, SR2 (PDW), AWS LMG and SW4 (pistol).

Also level cap has apparently been raised.

post-19715-Brent-Rambo-gif-thumbs-up-imgu-L3yP.gif

-griffy-

Banned
-Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water

That's nice.

Jburton

Banned
I played about 5 hours ago and the packet loss / rubber banding issues that have become really bad the past couple of weeks was still there.

I never had the extent of issues others had at launch but over the past week it has become almost unplayable.

It'll be back, they just fucked up somehow. Seems unlikely that they actually meant to switch every single oblit game over to infantry only.

People on the battlelog forums are going nuts. It's great :D
I wouldn't mind if they made an infantry focused oblit an option. As it, I don't see the point to having three sites close together; You might as well just have it a race to arm the same site three times. Feels like they were going for a more Halo style.

If they were trying to fix the fact that people in vehicles (particularly choppers) were scoring to easily, all they had to do was change the length of the countdown.

Anyone know why I disconnect on PC 90% of the time? I have zero issues on PS4, yet PC I can't seem to stay in a game for more than 5-10 minutes.

Does anyone know what the Bullpup fix actually addresses?
Bullpup weapons have a strafing bonus because of their design. Adding a 1x scope on them removed that strafing bonus, they say they addressed this in the latest patch.

What I mean by strafing bonus is increased movement speed when ADS, just in case you didn't know what I meant.

terrible

Banned
People claiming v40s got nerfed in damage and radius. Such tears. Meanwhile sopposedky the impact got buffed because, you know, DICE

The impact grenade is already probably my #1 cause of death when it comes to grenades lol. This'll be fun. The V40s definitely needed a nerf but I'm not convinced that the impact grenades needed a buff.

The impact grenade is already probably my #1 cause of death when it comes to grenades lol. This'll be fun. The V40s definitely needed a nerf but I'm not convinced that the impact grenades needed a buff.
They didn't. The advantage of impact grenades was you can't run. Just like the advantage of V40s was their throwing and blast range. They should have just limited to one and be done with it. If it's ok for the impact not to be a OHK, I don't see why the same shouldn't apply to the V40. Also: grenade spam.

terrible

Banned
They didn't. The advantage of impact grenades was you can't run. Just like the advantage of V40s was their throwing and blast range. They should have just limited to one and be done with it. If it's ok for the impact not to be a OHK, I don't see why the same shouldn't apply to the V40. Also: grenade spam.

Only DICE would fix grenade spam by reducing grenade effectiveness instead of making it so you could only carry 1-2 rather than 3.

Odrion

Banned
Bullpup weapons have a strafing bonus because of their design. Adding a 1x scope on them removed that strafing bonus, they say they addressed this in the latest patch.

What I mean by strafing bonus is increased movement speed when ADS, just in case you didn't know what I meant.
They still haven't fixed the misaligned sights. Ugh, a lot of those guns are still at a broken disadvantage.

Seems it's common enough for Premium battlepacks to not show up straight away. Has anyone had this happen, and if so was there a solution?

-Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water

That's nice.

Nice to know that even to this day, 4-5 months after buying the game, we're still participating in a beta test...

Seriously. Things like this should've been in the game at launch. The fact that it's also taken as many months to develop a proper balance patch is borderline hysterical.

Milennia

The Assault Rifle is 700 RPM, it's probably going to not be worth much.

It will do what the 52 does now.
Thats good for an AR as you get better range out of it as opposed to the carbine.
All depends on the reload and hip fire as of now.
It could completely eclipse the 52 if its decent in both of those areas.

Odrion

Banned
It will do what the 52 does now.
Thats good for an AR as you get better range out of it as opposed to the carbine.
All depends on the reload and hip fire as of now.
It could completely eclipse the 52 if its decent in both of those areas.
No it won't, there's no indication from the stats that it'll have the higher damage that the 52 has. It's going to be another CZ-805.

Milennia

No it won't, because from the stats it doesn't look like it'll have the higher damage that the 52 has.

Were judging from a bar, which is an awful thing to do in the first place.
But from what i can tell comparing the 2, it outranges it heavily, as well as most of the other ARs as well.
The damage looks to be a sliver off in favor of its range, which is preferred for all ARs.

Theres your niche as opposed to the gun being another copy.
This gun outranges the CZ heavily due to its velocity from a low fire rate.
It will be strong with a suppressor, very strong, just as the L85 is without the fire rate and better velocity at range.
Obviously differentiating the 2.

The L85 will still be a better weapon, which is very apparent, however this gun has a good niche, a very good niche.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So the next Naval assault DLC is released on the 18th for premium, according to jackfrags in that video. First time I've heard a date.

Like March 18th? Man the schedule is all messed up then, cuz we (Non XBONE owners) recently got 2nd Assault.

Odrion

Banned
Were judging from a bar, which is an awful thing to do in the first place.
But from what i can tell comparing the 2, it outranges it heavily, as well as most of the other ARs as well.
The damage looks to be a sliver off in favor of its range, which is preferred for all ARs.

Theres your niche as opposed to the gun being another copy.
This gun outranges the CZ heavily due to its velocity from a low fire rate.
It will be strong with a suppressor, very strong, just as the L85 is without the fire rate and better velocity at range.
Obviously differentiating the 2.

The L85 will still be a better weapon, which is very apparent, however this gun has a good niche, a very good niche.

1.) The Ace 52 CQB has poor range and velocity.

2.) The stats also says it has poor stability (heavy recoil), which negates range unless you want to use it as a DMR (and in that case, use a DMR.)

3.) The difference between 34 damage and 25 damage isn't a sliver, it's what justifies the 52 and SCAR-H's poor fire rate and makes them into good weapons.

4.) The L85A2 has been nerfed this patch down to 750 and it's burst mode as been removed, unless they compensated for those nerfs, it's not that good anymore either.

Milennia

1.) The Ace 52 CQB has poor range and velocity.

2.) The stats also says it has poor stability (heavy recoil), which negates range unless you want to use it as a DMR (and in that case, use a DMR.)

3.) The difference between 34 damage and 25 damage isn't a sliver, it's what justifies the 52 and SCAR-H's poor fire rate.

4.) The L85A2 has been nerfed this patch down to 750 and it's burst mode as been removed, unless they compensated for those nerfs, it's not that good anymore either.

It is a sliver as this gun will undoubtedly have a much higher velocity due to its fire rate and artificial stability number, thats how they balance the lackthereof when it comes to ARs, carbines are balanced differently in the same situation with more damage calc.

The L85 has been nerfed to 750 and still stands high as the second beat weapon in pubs due to its range/velocity and suppressor capability due to that velocity.

Stability is what you make of it with attatchments and personal ability to actually control a weapon.
Which is a fucking joke in terms of difficulty, i can control any weapon in the game at medium- long range, stability is useless in my case., as well as nerfed if you play on PC.

And yes, the 52 does have poor range and velocity, which is why i said it did and that this gun has said stats higher via the bars thats are available to us now.

We have nothing until symthic releases stats other than bars.
To disregard a gun that has range and velocity like this one (in turn making it one of the only suppressor friendly ARs in the game) is crazy, especially without hard numbers.
As of now, the only other gun i could see effectively outranging this one with a suppressor in the AR category is the L85.
The L85 with its 0 horizontal recoil and 100% vertical make it the dream when it comes to micro bursting.
Nobody uses burst mode, its basically training wheels and it makes it impossible to microburst, useless.
That discussion has been had quite a few times already in this thread (previous thread).
All of which still pertains to poor stability management, a skill issue.

In private ESL/GB the only gun that exists, still... Is the 23, and it will stay that way until DICE decides to do something about it.
Arguing pub numbers will always vary, especially if you actually consider stability to be a stat that means anything.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you and your actually talking about the 52 and not the new AR?
If thats the case, you misunderstood me as well.
Ill always admit when I'm wrong, I'm just not seeing how i am in this case.

Odrion

Banned
I don't know how you can put your faith behind Dice's balancing logic when the CZ-805 has a ROF of 700 along with extremely poor muzzle velocity, range, and a strong right-side recoil to boot.

And I'm disagreeing that this is going to be a gun that'll "outclass" the 52 as they both don't seem that comparable. The Ace 52 is a close-medium range gun can may hurt people at range if they're standing still, you're arguing that this could be... Another gun that will probably have the velocity of 650-600 alongside weapons that have higher ROF?

Milennia

I don't know how you can put your faith behind Dice's balancing logic when the CZ-805 has a ROF of 700 along with extremely poor muzzle velocity, range, and a strong right-side recoil to boot.

Oh i don't.
I just like to stay optimistic.
Even when the 23 exists.

:/

The 52 is most assuredly a long range weapon as well.
Assuredly.
I myself am at 4200 kills with the weapon and half of them are easily over 300m.
Controlling recoil and an angled grip.
Unstoppable.

Im sure elzar will attest.

Odrion

Banned
Also you can only go so far with attachments. The AEK still feels like you're trying to handle a fire hose with the angled grip and compensator. Not to mention that when you are taking those attachments you're sacrificing your spread and accuracy-while-moving while other guns can do the job with just the flash hider and ergo.

Milennia

Also you can only go so far with attachments. The AEK still feels like you're trying to handle a fire hose with the angled grip and compensator. Not to mention that when you are taking those attachments you're sacrificing your spread and accuracy-while-moving while other guns can do the job with just the flash hider and ergo.

Im fine with the AEK.
I use an ergo/compensator and have no issues.
I even use it with a controller when i play rush on PS4.

Compensator benefits all weapons, no question when compared to the other muzzle attactchments.

Horizontal>vertical in terms of stability for people who need the help.

Just played a completely lag-free round of CTF. It was disorienting. I am so used to automatically adjusting for rubber-banding and collision issues, the game actually working right felt wrong.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That stupid fucking EMP/Chromatic Abberation bug is still fucking in spectator mode, DICE.

KCSeU4L.png
KCSeU4L.png
KCSeU4L.png
KCSeU4L.png
KCSeU4L.png
KCSeU4L.png
KCSeU4L.png

Odrion

Banned
Im fine with the AEK.
I use an ergo/compensator and have no issues.
I even use it with a controller when i play rush on PS4.

Compensator benefits all weapons, no question when compared to the other muzzle attactchments.

Horizontal>vertical in terms of stability for people who need the help.
The AEK is my go to gun on the PC, and I run that thing with a flash hider and ergo grip because it's still a fire hose and you're better off mastering the recoil with your mouse than gimping it's stats.

The 52 can kill things from afar, but so can your pistol, the difference is that it's going to be outclassed at those ranges. It has statistically shitty range and velocity, it's a shit ranged weapon.

Also "Use compensator for everything" was disproved within two weeks of the game's release, there are a several few guns where the decreased horizontal recoil is more accurate than the ungimped spread passed the second or third shot, but only a several few.

Top Bottom