• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Dr Prob

Banned
They seem to have been messing around with the AS VAL sights, though it doesn't show up in Battlelog. The reflex is gone, replaced with the kobra, which was supposed to come from a battlepack. There's also now a slot for the suppressor, which...shows you that it has one. Dunno. This is not important at all, just a heads up that if you had the reflex equipped, you'll have to switch before you spawn.

demolitio

hmm, I wonder why they call the Beretta ARX-160 for "AR-160" in BF4?

Since the X in those designations usually stands for experimental, I'm assuming it's because that's what they think it would be called by official military designation similar to how some games called the XM8 just the M8 as if it was in full military service.

I just want the lag to go away. Is that so much to ask for?

xBladeM6x

-Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BASED DICE !!!!

Kickass patch!
mind-blown1.gif

so quicksearch now lets you pick what map pack you want to search on. No longer are you stuck with only the original maps when searching; it now lets you quick search with the new map packs, too. Finally.

Spl1nter

Where is this information?

-Improved the track vehicles wheel friction so vehicles don’t get stuck at relatively minor hills
-Improved repair rates for vehicles with different base healths
-Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water

Interesting that a few of these things are not on PC yet.

It's been doing that for at least a few weeks.

On the PS4 today was the first time it showed up, after the latest patch. I'm not a premium member but I do have the China Rising maps and they never came up on quick search. Now, I have the option of selecting China Rising instead of it quick matching me with the pack-in maps.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
-Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water

dNKFF8O.gif

Maybe now the Jetskis won't control awful and the Attack Boat won't get beached (so now it'll completely break maps even more)

:eek:! :O! :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That seems incredibly silly.

It's "flavor" and tongue-in-cheek. Just roll with it.

TheSeks

Fair enough. If it's fun for somebody, that's good enough for me.

Eh, it's matching Call of Duty's "ghost" system. I find it cheesy-funny. *shrug*

I'm glad they added the "in a round" now next DLC there's no reason that shouldn't be in to stop people from being confused.
Please, DICE just drop that shit.

scogoth

When are they bringing back to random spawn location of the attack boat on Shanghai. I miss having it on the top of a skyscraper.

AmyS

Saw the Naval Strike maps got added to the server browser (PS4) with the latest update, even though the DLC won't be out until the end of the month. Same thing happened with China Rising and Second Assault before they were actually released.

Naval Strike would be the first truly new DLC since last year, since XBone had Second Assault when it launched.

DICE wasn't kidding when they said NS would be out in the spring.

I suppose that probably means the last two DLC expansions, Dragon's Teeth and Final Stand will still be out this summer, as originally scheduled

Eh, it's matching Call of Duty's "ghost" system. I find it cheesy-funny. *shrug*

You're right. I'm all for mad ideas usually but the fact that it's Premium-only was the part I really didn't like. The people in that thread were able to get to the thing and enter a code but it would say 'ACCESS DENIED', I mean why deny a cool hidden thing like that to your non-Premium players? :/ Not as though it's an amazing extra that's worth getting Premium for, really, so why make it exclusive?

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
On reddit one of the developers claims the improvements were included, just not in the patch notes.

Probably falls under "stability improvements." This means rubberbanding will be even worse now, considering Dice's letter yesterday said they already made a lot of fixes for rubberbanding. Could have fooled me.

I know this is asking for a lot but... do you think if they do finally fix the netcode, that they should put up a sale for the game to bring people back? This includes Premium too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Patches always have 'hidden' goodies.
Maybe the 'cant freelok til you change the camera or vehicle position' is among them. :3

But man, i cant complain: RED PIMPLES NO MOAR!

On reddit one of the developers claims the improvements were included, just not in the patch notes.
Link? Man i cant read reddit for the life me, i just dont understand how to @__@

Also why no DICE devs in GAF? :(

Mafro

Since the PS4 patch, the three developer-exclusive dogtags are unlocked for me, as well as a bunch of other promotional ones.

anybody experiencing anything weird?

I read on the battlelog forums that people are now seeing the wrong person on the kill cam after they die.

TheSeks

You're right. I'm all for mad ideas usually but the fact that it's Premium-only was the part I really didn't like. The people in that thread were able to get to the thing and enter a code but it would say 'ACCESS DENIED', I mean why deny a cool hidden thing like that to your non-Premium players? :/ Not as though it's an amazing extra that's worth getting Premium for, really, so why make it exclusive?

Dogtag and Camo aren't enough for you, dirtpoor? :p

AnotherNils said:
People claiming v40s got nerfed in damage and radius. Such tears. Meanwhile sopposedky the impact got buffed because, you know, DICE

Guess I stop fishing/spamming those on spawn now?

Fersis said:
Also why no DICE devs in GAF? :(

Because they don't like you, Fersis. Didn't you take the hint when they didn't hire you?
;)

Finally, new ranks are available! Rank 120 here i come.

Seriously? Ugh. Another 18 levels to go then... *sigh*

---

Battlelog specific but SWEET: You can now show which division you're best in on your profile page at the top.

TheSeks

To avoid paying for gun licenses.

Beretta's the only one that wants that? Yeah? Since the FN Five-seveN, P90, and F2000 are all named their real counter-part. Same for the GOL Sniper Magnum (IIRC) and others from other gun manufacturers.

Bailey 87

I read on the battlelog forums that people are now seeing the wrong person on the kill cam after they die.

Yeah this just happened to me. It pointed out my teammate as the guy who killed me. What really confused me was the teammate revived me, I thought Dice stealth patched in the ability to revive enemies :p

On the PS4 today was the first time it showed up, after the latest patch. I'm not a premium member but I do have the China Rising maps and they never came up on quick search. Now, I have the option of selecting China Rising instead of it quick matching me with the pack-in maps.

it was there since Second Assault.

Odrion

Banned
Beretta's the only one that wants that? Yeah? Since the FN Five-seveN, P90, and F2000 are all named their real counter-part. Same for the GOL Sniper Magnum (IIRC) and others from other gun manufacturers.
All the Galil ACE rifles have "Galil" removed from the name to get around the licensing as well.

TheSeks

All the Galil ACE rifles have "Galil" removed from the name to get around the licensing as well.

Ah, right. Forgot about the ACE. Though weirdly the Five-seveN isn't stylized like that and is "FN-57" in Battlelog/in-game. Probably to avoid text-string issues or something.

OMG SEKS RUSH! FIRST ROUND! HURRY!

I'M AT WORK YOU ASSHOLES. D:

Dr Prob

Banned

Yeah, the killcam does go screwy once in a while. In my experience it wasn't showing anyone at all sometimes.

Had some smooth conquest games on Lancang and Hainan (apart from a brief hiccup during the hotel collapse) though. Very strange. It almost seemed as if the game was working. Of course, something apparently went sideways with oblit just to balance things out.

Have to admit, reading these notes and reactions is fun. I liked this exchange over on reddit:

hk9UiMm.jpg

Finally got back into this, played some Metro.

Yup I till hate Metro, far prefer Operation Locker, similar style of map, but lot more variety and way to approach the fights.

Had some smooth conquest games on Lancang and Hainan (apart from a brief hiccup during the hotel collapse) though. Very strange. It almost seemed as if the game was working. Of course, something apparently went sideways with oblit just to balance things out.
I'd be optimistic, but considering the servers got a fresh restart this morning, let's see how they perform by the end fof the week,.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Because they don't like you, Fersis. Didn't you take the hint when they didn't hire you?
;)

TheSeks pls :(

Mikael Hedberg ‏@slicedlime 1h
Patch today also contains rubberbanding improvements and fixes for taking damage & death experience. Patch notes will be patched. #bf4

Top Bottom