• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Akainu

I remember a while back people were talking about some dinosaur or shark or something did that turn out to be anything?

I remember a while back people were talking about some dinosaur or shark or something did that turn out to be anything?

Nothing but a distraction by DICE.

Any tips for controlling the TV Missile on console (PS4 specifically). It seems like even the slightest movement of the stick will send it flying off randomly.

damac

Banned
goofy as shit, i want to try the latest update but won't jump in because my mouse wheel is rarely recognized? I reset all key bindings and no change. Takes like 10 real aggressive rolls to get it to scroll weapons. Also noticed I can't assign my side buttons like before, it calls all of them the same button.

JJD

The more I play in Flood Zone, the more I hate it. Roof campers everywhere.

If it bothers you that much forget B and C and concentrate on A, D and E. It's far from my favorite map but it's not that bad. I like to spawn as a Russian and hold A for the whole game. Since it's close to the US base you'll have lots of infantry to fight and even the IFV once in awhile.

Campers on the rooftops of B and C are easy to flank and kill. People on the top of the very high buildings are more dangerous to the flags as an enemy spawn point than to a player as a sniper.

If it bothers you that much forget B and C and concentrate on A, D and E. It's far from my favorite map but it's not that bad. I like to spawn as a Russian and hold A for the whole game. Since it's close to the US base you'll have lots of infantry to fight and even the IFV once in awhile.

Campers on the rooftops of B and C are easy to flank and kill. People on the top of the very high buildings are more dangerous to the flags as an enemy spawn point than to a player as a sniper.

Yeah, that's how we usually deal with the issue, though it still makes for a frustrating experience sometimes. The US side is at such a disadvantage because of A, it's so hard to control because of the multiple stories the enemy can be in and still cap the flag, which is why I always wish to be in the Chinese side when that map comes into rotation (even though the US side gets the Little Bird).

demolitio

Are the NS weapons only on PC right now?

I was going to double dip on this game originally and get it on PC as well but DICE did a good job of stopping me from spending more money...lol

terrible

Banned
Hilarious. I tried all kinds of placebo tricks on picking up weapons. "Maybe if I just hold down triangle, maybe if i dont move while picking it up"

ugh.

Hahaha yep. I've tried everything too.

I love when I'm being especially stubborn and I end up moving the darn thing like 300 feet away from its spawn before it finally gets glitched inside a wall and I can't try to pick it up anymore. It's like the game is saying "come on bro, you've had enough" and ends my suffering for me.

terrible

Banned
Airburst. It honestly makes Floodzone amazing assuming you love killing campers. I only hate Floodzone when there's a Little Bird on my ass 24/7 because then I can't kill me some snipers.

roof campers are awesome. free XM25 kills. free mortar kills. free UCAV kills.

I usually just get the scout heli and try to mop 'em up. Still don't understand why 25MM cannon cant shoot down spawn beacons. -_-

I really need to use the XM25 more often though, would be a nice break from killing myself with C4 all the time.

SG553 is a beast

BiRghxzCQAAgGen.jpg:large

terrible

Banned
I've had zero issues with PS4 conquest. Full games too and no issues at all.

That's some kind of miracle based on my experience. I haven't had a single session without at least 1-2 maps being completely unplayable due to lag/rubber banding. I wish I was exaggerating.

JJD

Yeah, that's how we usually deal with the issue, though it still makes for a frustrating experience sometimes. The US side is at such a disadvantage because of A, it's so hard to control because of the multiple stories the enemy can be in and still cap the flag, which is why I always wish to be in the Chinese side when that map comes into rotation (even though the US side gets the Little Bird).

It's funny how bad the US bases usually are compared to others.

Granted there is nothing like Noshar Canals in BF3 but Dice is keeping the tradition of shitty US spawns! Poor US soldiers fighting against the Russians on Op. Metro!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The more I play in Flood Zone, the more I hate it. Roof campers everywhere.

Yet from me spectating you in that Flood Zone Sabo match, you were trying to snipe from roofs (not as high) as well... hmm... :p

Facism said:
indeed, seks. The twin drum mag is like a pair of big balls full of deadly seed ready to be spat out the AWS shaft at my enemies.

If you're gonna talk dirty like that, you should at least buy me dinner first. :p

(MG3 was awesome in BF3. Haven't tried the "MG4" but if the AWS is basically the MG3 I can replace the RPK.)

Haven't tried the new LMG for naval strike, but recently I've been using the M60, whilst not BC2 good, it feels powerful, it is powerful.

Enjoyed killing fools with it on Locker just now.

meppi

Just joined the console platoon. I was away for a few days since it's carnival down here.

It's nice to see all the familiar faces and the new ones!

My first games with the new patch were amazing. The game was smooth as butter, no lag, rubberbanding, etc. I even played a round of Lancang without lag! Amazing!

Sadly everything went back to normal this weekend and I'm lagging on every single game I play... :-(

I don't know if it's my ISP or the game anymore but it's annoying as hell. I hope this is just a temporary hiccup and things go back to how they were a couple days ago. That is the way I want to play Battlefield.
Don't know what's actually happening on my end, but I'm still getting the constant stuttering on PS4 in just about every single game.

Haven't played in a while and decided to jump in yesterday since so many were online.
Every 2 seconds at most my screen judders and even resets my aim as I'm turning. :-/
It seems to be getting worse instead of getting better with all these damn patches that don't do anything positive...

HigXx

Didn't realise there was a Network Performance Test in the Options menu (PS4). It's saying that there's severe outgoing pack loss

Bombless

Just saw this on Symthic : Hidden changes from the latest patch

-new vehicle disable mechanic:
previously if a vehicle is reduced to 10% or lower, it'd start burning up and behave like BF3 disabled mechanic. if you repair them past 10%, they'll stop burning up and recover normally. now there's a new variable called "ClearDisabledDamageThreshold", which is generally set 50% higher than the disabled threshold. this means that for a MBT or IFV, to get them to stop burning up, you have to repair them past 15%.

-AS VAL damage nerf:
min damage 17->16. the AS VAL is now a 7 hit kill at long range.

-AS VAL bullet velocity nerf:
320->300

-MTAR reload buff:
tactical reload 2.5->2.4

-MTAR bullet velocity nerf:
570m/s->540m/s, 320m/s->310m/s suppressed

-F2000 suppressed bullet velocity nerf:
380m/s->310m/s

-F2000 1.6x sight adjustment:
now can be affected by FOV scaling

-F2000 laser sight fixed:
now properly aligned

-F2000/bullpup ARs still have buggy ADS strafe speed
ironsights on F2000 now has fast ADS strafe. RDS still moves slow. not sure about other bullpup ARs.

-L85 ROF nerf (not really a secret):
800->750

-M60E4 bullet velocity nerf (inb4 vip3r)
610->560, 380->310 suppressed

-GOL ROF nerf:
63->60

-DAO-12 is now bad:
ROF 220->200
flechette pellet spread 2.5->3.0
flechette pellet count 12->9

-"umm... wrong vehicles, DICE!"
MBTs now have 3x their track friction. MBT drifting should now be impossible. nope, still slides. however, they now climb hills a lot better. DICE was supposed to change friction of wheeled vehicles like IFVs, since they have almost no hill climbing ability

-MP7 changes:
bullet velocity 470->420, 280->260 suppressed
tactical reload 2.6->2.5
long reload 3.0->2.9

I couldn't help but feel something was off with the DAO12 last night...Now I know why. Good night sweet prince :(

Now I can't help but feel the AWS is too good and it's going to get hit with the nerfbat soon.

TheSeks

Vehicle Disable "buff" isn't enough. Disables should function like BF3. Not this auto-repair with no engineers around lolololol troll shit. >:| You shouldn't be able to auto-repair from a disable.

"B-B-BUT MOBILITY BONUS" which is an annoying thing but happens so little it's pointless to use as a counter to disables.

Disables were fine in BF3. Should go back to that system in 4. :/ So tired of disabling vehicles and having them able to run off like nothing happened.

Vehicle Disable "buff" isn't enough. Disables should function like BF3. Not this auto-repair with no engineers around lolololol troll shit. >:| You shouldn't be able to auto-repair from a disable.

"B-B-BUT MOBILITY BONUS" which is an annoying thing but happens so little it's pointless to use as a counter to disables.

Disables were fine in BF3. Should go back to that system in 4. :/ So tired of disabling vehicles and having them able to run off like nothing happened.

What do you mean by auto-repair with no engineers? You mean the mobility hit stuff?

Bombless

From the last pages of that thread, new values for the MBT canister shell :
MBT canister:
muzzle velocity: 450m/s -> 600m/s
pellet cone: 1.0 -> 0.2 (16 pellets)
cone increase per shot: 0.0 -> 0.1 (irrelevant)
max range: 900m -> 600m
start damage: 35 -> 43
fall off start range: 12m -> 100m
fall off end range: 25m -> 200m

Also I think it's time I played some with the Javelin.

Edit : Screw that, rocket launchers are for babies, I'm gonna get myself some http://youtu.be/b30BY5UXO9Q}anti-vehicular defibrilator action![/url

TheSeks

What do you mean by auto-repair with no engineers? You mean the mobility hit stuff?

"VEHICLE DISABLED +50"
(Enemy trollface.jpg as they haul ass backwards behind a building/out-of-bounds for you)
Tank/LAV/whatever vehicle: Oh we aren't taking damage now? *auto-repairs*
Tank/LAV/whatever vehicle: There you go, back to 100% and you didn't have to get out despite being disabled! :D!
DICE: Trollface.jpg

Me: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.jpg

snack

Man... why is it still lagging in 64 man servers on the PS4. I played for the first time in months and this crap is still happening?!

SG553 is a beast

BiRghxzCQAAgGen.jpg:large

Just unlocked it today and had some amazing times. Never hear it talked about though. Is it considered bad?

In other news, pulling it together at last with the DMRs, a tiny bit anyway. Still not easy but having a bit more success. Also the later carbines are tons of fun so far.

AmyS

Ah, Battlefield 3.

Man, now I want the complete BF3 experience, which I very stupidly missed out on.

Today I downloaded the BF3 demo for PS3, it makes me really want a decent gaming PC again.

I bought a Dell desktop PC in January 2011 from Best Buy with a Core i7 (had to have been a Nehalem model, not Sandy Bridge), 8 GB DDR3. It came with a Radeon HD 4770 but before I even bought this PC I picked the best graphics card they had in stock which happened to be what was considered even at that time to be midrange, a GTX 460 1 GB. That was a Fermi GPU, not Kepler.

Overall, that PC was a decent 2010 gaming rig, not highend even by 2010 standards.

So when BF3 came out in October of 2011, by no means did I have a highend PC, but still very capable of playing BF3 @ 1920 x 1080p with a mix of high and ultra settings and no AA. Got 60fps most of the time in SP, which is, stupidly, all I played. I think I tried MP two or three times for about 5 min each. I really regret not spending any time at all in MP. I was so busy with other things I did not have time. . I never got to see the original Operation Firestorm which I know was part of the core BF3 game, not DLC. I also of course never got to play any of the DLC maps or modes, like Tank Superiority.

Sold that PC in 2012. Really regret that too damnit

The PS3 version is obviously very limited in graphics, framerate, map size, number of players etc etc.

Yet, I was surprised at how decent BF3's SP campaign looks on PS3, considering the severe hardware / RAM limitations. Really surprised. While it's not even remotely close to what I remember playing on that midrange PC in 2011, it was better than I expected for PS3, hardware that was finalized in 2005.

There is no way I'm going to buy PS3 BF3 Premium Edition now, I've been spoiled by the PC version and more recently, BF4 on PS4. I'm also not even going to hope against hope that DICE/EA would remake the entirety of BF3 with all the additional content in the Frostbite 3 Engine for next gen consoles. That's not gonna happen.

So the only thing to do is, once again, get a decent rig. With the first lower-end 28nm Maxwell cards now out, by late this year we should see 20nm Maxwell with a lot more shaders, even if the biggest Maxwell GPUs aren't out til 2015.

I'd imagine though, that even a modestly higher-end 20nm Maxwell of 2014 would be able rip through BF3 easily and also provide an awesome BF4 experience at 1080p, right? We'll see. Especially with DirectX12 on the way (Microsoft's answer to Mantle) combined with Nvidia's solid drivers, I'm pretty optimistic about that.

TheSeks

BF3 vehicle balance > BF4 vehicle balance

I got nothing against BF4's mobility bonus. If they want that, then add it. But the stick in my craw is the disable mechanic. It was fine in BF3: Disable? You are now burning and can't move at 100% speed. Now? You can move at 100% speed, you don't burn unless you're at 10HP AND you can auto-repair damage provided you're above 10HP (read: Now 15HP) which is beyond moronic. There's no need to get engineers outside of a tank unless you're badly damaged and have breathing space now. It's stupid.

Milennia

Just unlocked it today and had some amazing times. Never hear it talked about though. Is it considered bad?

In other news, pulling it together at last with the DMRs, a tiny bit anyway. Still not easy but having a bit more success. Also the later carbines are tons of fun so far.

its meh.
like top 4 for carbines next to the ACW-52-AK-

Top Bottom