• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

JJD

Don't know what's actually happening on my end, but I'm still getting the constant stuttering on PS4 in just about every single game.

Haven't played in a while and decided to jump in yesterday since so many were online.
Every 2 seconds at most my screen judders and even resets my aim as I'm turning. :-/
It seems to be getting worse instead of getting better with all these damn patches that don't do anything positive...

That's my problem as well. funny thing is that for a day or two after the patch hit everything was perfect, even goddamn Lacang. It's baffling that Dice just can't fix the game.

Just saw this on Symthic : Hidden changes from the latest patch

I couldn't help but feel something was off with the DAO12 last night...Now I know why. Good night sweet prince :(

Now I can't help but feel the AWS is too good and it's going to get hit with the nerfbat soon.

Told you the chairman would be getting nerfed as soon as possible! ;-)

Wait hold on how did they nerf the AS VAL so badly!? It used to be the PDW sniper, holy shit. Had basically DMR level range/accuracy, but now the MP7's bullets outpace it? WTF.

Well now I have zero reason to get it, and be sad about it's new Engineer exclusivity.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It wasn't that good anyway.

FN P90, MP7, and PDW-R for lyfe. Screw the ASs-VALve.

meshwork

Just unlocked it today and had some amazing times. Never hear it talked about though. Is it considered bad?

In other news, pulling it together at last with the DMRs, a tiny bit anyway. Still not easy but having a bit more success. Also the later carbines are tons of fun so far.

SG553 is almost identical to the ACW-R, but it has 50 less RPM and a slightly different recoil pattern. And in this case RPM is king imo, because neither weapon is meant for long range engagements.

TheSeks

u fking wot m8

You heard me. In the amount of bullets it took to kill someone, the MP7, FN P90, and PDW-R did it for less and had bullets to spare.

The only time the AS-VAL became okay was the extended mag they later added to it in BF3.

You heard me. In the amount of bullets it took to kill someone, the MP7, FN P90, and PDW-R did it for less and had bullets to spare.

The only time the AS-VAL became okay was the extended mag they later added to it in BF3.

BUT the AS VAL didn't suck past 30 meters. I have more kills with the MP7 than ANYTHING, but the AS VAL literally worked at every range, short of 12x Scope .50 cal range. Could take out snipers, up close enemies, medium distance, everything. AND it was silenced.

EDIT: And the extended mag was situational. I took the laser sight more often than it.

Timu

Both BF3 and BF4 left a bad taste in my mouth, but for different reasons. Fun games, yes, but the problems with them were too much. Bad Company 2 is still the last great one, I put over 1k hours on it.

TheSeks

OMG too many flares and people bailing for me to Stinger now. WHY.jpg wasn't this requirement months ago? :(

Why would anyone use the AS-VAL, or any PDW over the CZ-3A1? Or UMP, for that matter?

I do like the UMP.

but I've got almost 1k kills with the val since unlocking it last week. Probably suits my play style.

Tap firing it over longer distances is surprisingly accurate.

Kak.efes

I do like the UMP.

but I've got almost 1k kills with the val since unlocking it last week. Probably suits my play style.

Tap firing it over longer distances is surprisingly accurate.

Slap a compensator, and angled grip on the CZ, and it's probably just as good + an extra 10 bullets. The thing is basically a FAMAS with a really fast reload.

RaptorGTA

Man... why is it still lagging in 64 man servers on the PS4. I played for the first time in months and this crap is still happening?!

First time playing on BF4 on Xbox one within a few months and its still rubber banding. This is just sad... PC is atleast better.

SJS

So what's the point of the platoon if I can't see if people are currently playing the game?

In the OP, there's a giant friend list collection. Add some people. Then use the battlelog button to go to "friends" and you will see who is doing what.

TheSeks

Straight KDR dive lately. I swear... :/

At least I have the AA mines. Leaves destroying 3 vehicles and 5 boats. and 20 headshots left.

Omni

Wait. You have the AA mines already?

Are they as bad as I'm expecting them to be? How do they even work?
Straight KDR dive lately. I swear... :/

At least I have the AA mines. Leaves destroying 3 vehicles and 5 boats. and 20 headshots left.

PC gets the assignments early to unlock. So yes.

I haven't tried them yet, but since they are 60HP on two hits, they probably aren't great.

I could not leave my base without having one of them or the stingers lock on to me in Zavod. As in if I stay for a single second longer after my ECM is off I would get no less than 5 missile lock ons from the enemy.

People are now also base camping with those mines, and since you can use them and the stingers in the same loadout it gets pretty ugly.

Maybe DICE will come to their senses and realize that stingers are also pretty goddamn overpowered and nerf it. But that would make sense, can't have that now can we.

demolitio

Stop mentioning the damn P90 since I'm still pissed I can't get it without replaying the entire SP campaign again. I beat it once after having to restart the campaign 6 or 7 times with 2 of those times being 3+ hours in so once I beat the game and got one unlock just to find out the entire save has been deleted again, I couldn't bring myself to replay the whole shitty campaign again even though I want that gun so damn much. My luck, I'd start to replay it and would lose the save again by the time I got to the final mission.

They should have changed the requirements to get them in light of the fact that their game was so damn buggy that it was a pain in the ass to even play the SP and also that the SP was bland and forgettable that it would be cruel to ask people to replay the entire campaign just for something they want for MP.

That should have been the free fucking shortcut during the player appreciation month.

Stop mentioning the damn P90 since I'm still pissed I can't get it without replaying the entire SP campaign again. I beat it once after having to restart the campaign 6 or 7 times with 2 of those times being 3+ hours in so once I beat the game and got one unlock just to find out the entire save has been deleted again, I couldn't bring myself to replay the whole shitty campaign again even though I want that gun so damn much. My luck, I'd start to replay it and would lose the save again by the time I got to the final mission.

They should have changed the requirements to get them in light of the fact that their game was so damn buggy that it was a pain in the ass to even play the SP and also that the SP was bland and forgettable that it would be cruel to ask people to replay the entire campaign just for something they want for MP.

That should have been the free fucking shortcut during the player appreciation month.

Do you have to replay the entire campaign or just the final chapter to unlock the 3 guns?

I could not leave my base without having one of them or the stingers lock on to me in Zavod. As in if I stay for a single second longer after my ECM is off I would get no less than 5 missile lock ons from the enemy.

People are now also base camping with those mines, and since you can use them and the stingers in the same loadout it gets pretty ugly.

Maybe DICE will come to their senses and realize that stingers are also pretty goddamn overpowered and nerf it. But that would make sense, can't have that now can we.

I don't think DICE should nerf the Stingers. Infantry need weapons that can take down air vehicles. They should give pilots more defensive options, though. Bring back Below Radar; it used to allow/force pilots to fly away. The transport helicopter should have more and faster countermeasures. I'm sure DICE has some "gentleman's agreement" not to fire on them, but they're essentially a one-way taxi. ECM and Flares should recharge faster, or have a small set of them you can release and then have a much longer recharge.

One offensive anti-air weapon I'd like to see is something that could blind pilots for a short period.

BoatAck

I don't think DICE should nerf the Stingers. Infantry need weapons that can take down air vehicles. They should give pilots more defensive options, though. Bring back Below Radar; it used to allow/force pilots to fly away. The transport helicopter should have more and faster countermeasures. I'm sure DICE has some "gentleman's agreement" not to fire on them, but they're essentially a one-way taxi. ECM and Flares should recharge faster, or have a small set of them you can release and then have a much longer recharge.

One offensive anti-air weapon I'd like to see is something that could blind pilots for a short period.

Give the gunner flares again?

Milennia

The P90 is a shprtcut in a sense.
The JS2 is a very similar gun, it just looks different.

Edit: never mind, they seem to have been differentiated at some point, but not by much.

demolitio

Do you have to replay the entire campaign or just the final chapter to unlock the 3 guns?

Just the final level I believe but my save disappeared for the 29348th time after I beat it once meaning I have to play it all again anyway.

That's what makes me so mad because I did beat the game even though they tried to convince me not to by deleting my saves so many times and making me replay such a boring campaign, but now I can't get the weapon I want.

Top Bottom