• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Okay, I just had a round of metro CTF.

And I spent the whole match EOD Bot(ing), got 11 kills including a headshot, lololololol.

But the highlight was burning someone's crotch and hearing them scream, I pretty much died laughing at this point.

Burning crotch scream.

Spl1nter

I didn't think these people existed. :p

I didnt think people who loved Lancing Dam existed but some how, some way, multiple times it has won server vote.

Well we got Firestorm instead of a much better map in Sabalan Pipeline and Metro instead of much better infantry focused maps such as Karkand, Sharqi or Azadi palace.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I watched your GOL highlight reel just there; pretty spectacular. Again though I'm seeing the GOL used without any scope. Is there a particular reason for this? I love iron sights in general but most people seem to use some class of other sight, especially on sniper rifles.

Close-range semi-autos do high damage.

Some people use them as an assault recon set-up like a railgun from Q3A.

turnbuckle

Fuck Siege of Shanghai for existing. I hate this map the more I play it. There's just no consistency in any strategy you can adopt for it and it's boring / slow as hell.

I like that map. Dawnbreaker is the worst when it comes to TDM/Domination. Hate it for Conquest too, but not as much as Operation Locker. (Haven't played Metro yet)

I watched your GOL highlight reel just there; pretty spectacular. Again though I'm seeing the GOL used without any scope. Is there a particular reason for this? I love iron sights in general but most people seem to use some class of other sight, especially on sniper rifles.

Thanks

Me in particular?

I hate long range sniping, I'm not good at it, really it stems from BC2, when I realised I could be an effective/aggresive recon as long as I could control the engagements I went into.

Iron or 1x sights allow me to do so. Also it's pretty damn satisfying getting a headshot with an iron sight sniper.

Thanks

Me in particular?

I hate long range sniping, I'm not good at it, really it stems from BC2, when I realised I could be an effective/aggresive recon as long as I could control the engagements I went into.

Iron or 1x sights allow me to do so. Also it's pretty damn satisfying getting a headshot with an iron sight sniper.

Yes, you in particular. I looked through your other recent videos and indeed the 'other' place I saw that setup was your initial GOL video a week or so ago. XD

That's about the answer I was looking for. Cool. :)

TheSeks

But at that stage what's the downside of a scope + canted ironsights? Swap when necessary. Or does the canted ironsight take longer to aim?

Canted is a toggle. Iron sights isn't. ADS->Fire whereas you have to toggle the iron-sights back and forth and make sure you're in iron sights.

Most people don't need that. They're fine with scope and/or the iron-sights. It's either/or for most people.

Canted is a toggle. Iron sights isn't. ADS->Fire whereas you have to toggle the iron-sights back and forth and make sure you're in iron sights.

Most people don't need that. They're fine with scope and/or the iron-sights. It's either/or for most people.

Fair point. I've always had trouble committing to one thing over another in that sort of situation, I'll go for a middle ground if I can (and just like you say get punished for it sometimes).

EvB

Just put this on post update and it looks different....better even.

Have they done something or am I imagining it?

TheSeks

You mean Post-Processing? There's some effects added at the trade-off of a small performance hit.

Otherwise, no. Nothing has changed since launch.

Ahhhh that feels good. Just spent at least two (oh god three?) hours failing miserably with ironsight snipers, but when it works, man. So much better than scopes. Thanks for the confirmation bias ElzarTheBam, inspiring stuff. :)

TheSeks

The Gulf of Oman sandstorm starts way too soon. Dusty Oman is ugly.

Nah, Dusty Oman is fine. But I agree it starts wayyy too soon.

And they ruined Rush first set on it. So... greatness gone. :(

Was so hyped for it to return and now I can't even stand to look at it. WHY.jpg DICE WHY.jpg :( Haian Resort Part 2. :(

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Nah, Dusty Oman is fine. But I agree it starts wayyy too soon.

And they ruined Rush first set on it. So... greatness gone. :(

Was so hyped for it to return and now I can't even stand to look at it. WHY.jpg DICE WHY.jpg :( Haian Resort Part 2. :(

I guess Dusty Oman would be fine, but it's Dusty almost 80% of the time in most game-modes.

demolitio

The Gulf of Oman sandstorm starts way too soon. Dusty Oman is ugly.

It definitely starts way too soon and lasts too long. I like some of the gameplay scenarios it provides though. :D

I just love Oman since it's a map where you can feel like you're losing even if you're winning by a lot because there's simply ALWAYS points to capture in Conquest meaning there's always something to do for the people wanting to win and it eliminates the effectiveness of the bitchass camping snipers since there's no easy chokepoints. There's always something to do in that map and it reminds me of why I loved BF2's maps so much more since they didn't cater to stupid players and dumb down Conquest.

I was really hoping a few of the BF2 maps involving China would come back for BF4 with the inclusion of the Chinese military again since there's a few memorable maps that offer good gameplay but would look amazing on FB3. I wish I could remember the name of one of them but it was the most stunning map on PC and my favorite map for a chopper.

I always want new maps, but sometimes the old maps are nice to revisit since they're done by much better designers with different philosophies in mind. More streamlined bases isn't always a good thing although it does take a decent designer to make a large map with a lot of bases without making it feel barren and boring.

In short, old BF games will forever be the greatest. Hell, I would love to see El Alamein again just for the memories.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm getting really sick of active protection. It's nearly impossible to tell if a vehicle is using it when you're trying to lock on with an aircraft, plus it's effective against non-lock weapons too.

I just don't see it having enough downsides to ever use something like smokescreen or IR smoke instead.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
R29 Server Update
-Fix for missing audio on Squad/Team Deathmatch when playing on high ticket Ranked Servers
-Fix for vehicleSpawnDelay and roundTimeLimit being part of presets locked settings

Battlelog Update
ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Naval Strike content is now available on Battlelog in most areas, so you can see upcoming weapons, assignments, etc. This also includes support for rank 111 to 120

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- Platoon founders (only the original founder) can now change the name of their Platoon
- Platoon leaders and founders can now cancel invites that have been sent
- We now show a cogwheel/gear icon instead of the report icon in Platoons, if you are a member
- The details box for Platoon Battle Reports will now follow on page scroll
- Recommended Servers will now never include servers that contain less than 10 players
- Sounds for new Battle Reports and Mission notifications will now no longer be heard, when you're playing multiplayer (since it was redundant)

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue with the Live Scoreboard not loading for the new game servers that went live last week
- Fixed an issue where Battlelog Soldier Portraits wouldn't be available after unlock for soldiers that had stats transferred from a current-gen to a next-gen console
- Fixed an issue where Mission Dog Tags wouldn't unlock after the requirements had been met
- Fixed an issue where tracking a Suggestion in the in-game Battlelog on PC, PS4 or Xbox One caused the progress bar to reset to zero
- An assignment will now always show all criteria as completed, if the assignment itself has been completed
- Fixed an issue where the details bar on the Awards page would sometimes have broken positioning
- Fixed an issue where clicking on an emblem for a soldier that uses a Platoon emblem would take you to your own emblem page instead of the Platoon page
- Clicking a BF4 Platoon notification in the BF3 or MOHW section will now correctly redirect you to the BF4 section
- Various smaller fixes and tweaks for Platoons
- Various other minor fixes

Source
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065226434470970/last/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065226435581641/last/

Ahhhh that feels good. Just spent at least two (oh god three?) hours failing miserably with ironsight snipers, but when it works, man. So much better than scopes. Thanks for the confirmation bias ElzarTheBam, inspiring stuff. :)

Soon...soon, you will ready to take down Outer, he won't see it coming.

so, any info on the new Phantom Program password?

Not yet, but the rumoured requirements seem to be 200 x pistol kills, 20 x Jet Kills, 2 shotgun ribbons.

Soon...soon, you will ready to take down Outer, he won't see it coming.

Bweh heh, some of those kills were so sweet dude, it's like some sort of mind-altering substance
(dopamine)

I was actually on Skype with him for a good portion of the games, just chatting because he wasn't playing. I would regularly interrupt myself or him to bellow at the computer. Was a good time.

turnbuckle

yeah i read that too, and i bet it wont be retroactive so will need to do another 200 pistol murders and jetkills.

sounds like boosting time to me.

Not retroactive?

FUUUUU

Best way to do this before was hardcore air superiority. But most times I search for games in the US it's empty. Should get a GAF air superiority game going sometime. Start a new room and everyone just go crazy shooting each other down. Even if you do terrible you should still get 2-3 kills in a game :p

- Fixed an issue where Battlelog Soldier Portraits wouldn't be available after unlock for soldiers that had stats transferred from a current-gen to a next-gen console

Finally, now I can use a different portrait

TheSeks

Even if you do terrible you should still get 2-3 kills in a game :p

That's the problem. Air Superiority is filled with pro pilots like Splinter while the rest of us/ground-pounders like me are fucked up the ass with heat seekers and other shit unlocked in jets that don't have that stuff unlocked. It's majorly annoying.

That's the problem. Air Superiority is filled with pro pilots like Splinter while the rest of us/ground-pounders like me are fucked up the ass with heat seekers and other shit unlocked in jets that don't have that stuff unlocked. It's majorly annoying.

thats why you gotta boost it with buddies :D just fly in a straight line allowing easy kills and no countermeasures allowed!

turnbuckle

Yeah, best way to get that stuff unlocked is to burn your XP boosters on premium weekends and focus on those vehicles. I'm absolutely horrible with jets. I don't know how to approach using them in a Conquest situation; can't seem to use my guns to do anything to infantry and the sub weapons I only seem to be able to use against other air targets - which are usually better than me.

The worst is the levels like Dawnbreaker where there's tons of tall buildings and narrow paths. The best level for me to work on unlocking jet stuff was Golmud.

thats why you gotta boost it with buddies :D just fly in a straight line allowing easy kills and no countermeasures allowed!

I somehow managed to get mine legit in air superiority. I tried helping a friend boost but it was just a ton of frustration constantly getting killed by other people.

Yeah, best way to get that stuff unlocked is to burn your XP boosters on premium weekends and focus on those vehicles. I'm absolutely horrible with jets. I don't know how to approach using them in a Conquest situation; can't seem to use my guns to do anything to infantry and the sub weapons I only seem to be able to use against other air targets - which are usually better than me.

The stealth jets are only good against air targets, but Laser Guided can be a decent way of destroying enemy armor vehicles. Attack jets pretty much kill anything faster than the stealth jets, including air targets. Stealth jets also cant do shit about infantry unless you use Laser Guided to lock on to something near infantry and kill them when they are near the impact.

Speaking of which, Laser Guided > Active Radar, don't be that guy.

The worst is the levels like Dawnbreaker where there's tons of tall buildings and narrow paths. The best level for me to work on unlocking jet stuff was Golmud.

Jets on Dawnbreaker are only used as taxis for snipers, pretty much worthless for anything else other than ramming enemies. Golmud Railway is pretty good for jets, especially attack jets, although you still have to deal with the bullshit Active Radar Missiles on occasion.

From what little I've played there didn't seem like there was many really good pilots playing in air superiority, just a bunch of people spamming Active Radar and accidentally ramming each other because of the low FOV on the third person camera. I reckon most of them are on attack jets as they get much more kills with those anyway in Conquest Large anyway.

How long has Gustav Halling's twitter account been updated with "Lead Gameplay Designer on Star Wars Battlefront"

A good Battlefront game from DICE may have just been a pipe dream

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How long has Gustav Halling's twitter account been updated with "Lead Gameplay Designer on Star Wars Battlefront"

A good Battlefront game from DICE may have just been a pipe dream
Battlefield : Star Wars sounds awesome to me.

Cant wait to pull some Mobility Kills on AT-ATs!!

This trick has been getting a lot of positive feedback in the Yoshi's Island thread, so I'd like to make it more well-known.

1. Record footage of your game at 60 fps
2. Use a video editor to slow it down to 30 fps by making it run at half-speed
3. Make sure it is compatible with the HTML5 player (should happen automatically?) and upload it
4. Instruct viewers to view it with the HTML5 player, and increase the playback speed to 2x. The HTML5 player can be enabled by going to http://www.youtube.com/html5

Here are some examples of youtube videos that are viewable in 60 fps (all thanks to Nintendomination):
Yoshi's New Island: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3VYsP_321g
Kirby Triple Deluxe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oX1PWAYVy0
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkiY13LHYXw
Mario 3D World: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1ukHG6AgiE
Bayonetta 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP21RW0MiSM
Mario Kart 8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRKECn7TxkU

I'd like to see this catch on, because youtube's 30 fps limit is downright archaic, and it would be great if Lets Players and even publishers had an easy way to share 60 fps footage of their games!

Hopefully we"ll see some great footage with this trick

Top Bottom