• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

What happened to the death cams ? I've been playing conquest 64 ranked matches on PS4. Every time I get killed there's no death cam. If I'm in a vehicle I can't even tell when I die except when I realize the controller stops responding.

This makes those one shot deaths even more frustrating than ever. And the unexplained deaths are even more of a mystery now.

WTF ?

Paganmoon

What happened to the death cams ? I've been playing conquest 64 ranked matches on PS4. Every time I get killed there's no death cam. If I'm in a vehicle I can't even tell when I die except when I realize the controller stops responding.

This makes those one shot deaths even more frustrating than ever. And the unexplained deaths are even more of a mystery now.

WTF ?

Death cam's been bugged for a week or so now, sometimes doesn't show anyone, sometimes shows your teammates instead. Sometimes I get killed by a sniper, but it focuses on a tank... Really good stuff :)

Death cam's been bugged for a week or so now, sometimes doesn't show anyone, sometimes shows your teammates instead. Sometimes I get killed by a sniper, but it focuses on a tank... Really good stuff :)
DICE punishing us for complaining about the killcam displaying the wrong health.

So guys on PC, is this fixed yet? Bought in on launch, played it for about a month and then I just quit because of all the bullcrap.

I really enjoyed this game when it worked but I decided it wasn't worth it.

Paganmoon

So guys on PC, is this fixed yet? Bought in on launch, played it for about a month and then I just quit because of all the bullcrap.

Haven't crashed once since last patch. I feel it's pretty ok now.

Iiitttsssss playable. Still borked on the killcam, it seems to memory leak on my system sometimes, and it crashes about once a day, but it isn't frustratingly broken.

Ark

Every game I played on PS4 tonight was rubber banding like crazy. Couldn't play any China Rising (all I've been playing lately, usually 100% fine) at all. Then went into vanilla and the same occurred. This is bullshit, I thought they fixed that.

Also why do I keep running into pricks with clantags during the week? On the weekend my games are fine but in the week I end up joining games where my team is getting completely fucking destroyed and the enemy team has like 12 people with some bullshit clantag. I ran into a bunch of Reddit people today.

I hate playing against people in clans when I'm solo. Pisses me off.

I realise that it's completely irrational. Just venting.

Had some pretty epic CTF games today, most being great back and forth battles, one being an awesome comeback whilst our base (US Oman) was swarming with the enemies on top of the buildings looking down at the flag.

Highlight being me PTFO'ing solo like a madman to stop them from tying the game up.

I had two teammates jump on the ATV with me and proceed to bail, the jackasses. I did stall them enough, so that my team caught up and we recovered our flag from near their base.

Kak.efes

Can someone help me grab this air mail assignment? I'm digging' the look of the adaptive camo it offers as a reward, but hate BF4's iteration of CTF.

Kabuto

Yo Seks you can practice flying jets in the campaign hahaha

d1EX52r.png

Cannons in Naval Strike confirmed. sounds pretty cool

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can someone help me grab this air mail assignment? I'm digging' the look of the adaptive camo it offers as a reward, but hate BF4's iteration of CTF.

I still need that, but no one on PC plays CTF nor would get in a helicopter with me piloting it due to LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK
Too bad no private servers

Kabuto said:
Yo Seks you can practice flying jets in the campaign hahaha

Flying isn't the problem. It's lining up the shots/killing shit that is. I can fly pretty okay-ish. But combat is the problem and I'll never get better at it. Mostly because I can't give a damn about piloting air vehicles with LOCKLOCKLOCKLOCKLOCKLOCK every five seconds and because of pro-pilots.
Plus it doesn't get objectives done.

Still, neat "glitch" until DICE patches it out within the next few months if they care about the campaign?

Speaking of DICE:

OMG MIRROR'S EDGE. To quote Fersis: BASED DICE™ if half of that is true.

(<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Mirror's Edge. Fuck Titanfall's Parkour: Have you seen Mirror's Edge?)

demolitio

I'ev been lagging REALLY badly on PS4 these past few days. I don't know if its me or the game though since my internet can be weird.

When in doubt, it's the game when we're talking about BF4. It's very inconsistent with the servers being absolutely horrible some days and perfectly fine the next and a lot of times, the double XP weekends are some of the worst days to play even though you want to. The Second Assault maps are especially laggy to the point where I went back to vanilla maps and it felt like it was a completely different game since it was so much smoother.

Just a lot of inconsistencies with absolutely horrible servers. EA naively wants to top COD but don't spend the money to ensure that happens anyway.

I think BF4 hurt their chances of ever passing COD anytime soon because of their stupidity and greediness. Battlefront will do well thanks to the name and how anticipated it is (huge fan of the first two on PC and I'm praying the third isn't treated like shit) but I know my friends and I won't be buying it at launch either. It's hard to trust anything anymore.

It just sucks because the gameplay in BF4 is fantastic besides their neutering of anything in the air EVEN MORE than BF3. It's one of the few big shooters out there to still have guns with recoil even if it's more muted now.

Jets on Dawnbreaker are only used as taxis for snipers, pretty much worthless for anything else other than ramming enemies. Golmud Railway is pretty good for jets, especially attack jets, although you still have to deal with the bullshit Active Radar Missiles on occasion.

Dawnbreaker is awesome for choppers though thanks to the buildings. I fly in between them to break any locks from one of the 30 OP AA missiles waiting to kill me with ease. The AA vehicle is a pain in the ass without a decent gunner and is sometimes bugged out for me making it impossible to kill it with the AC-130's 105mm even, but at least there's plenty of cover to avoid the onslaught of missiles coming the heli's way.

Jets are definitely pointless on that map and the players only make vehicles more pointless since they rather just bail to camp on a skyscraper and do nothing of value the rest of the game thanks to modern gaming's tendencies to make people play selfishly and reward them with progression instead of making the win the most important thing in the game, but I suppose I should be thanking those idiots since they're fun to kill on the rooftops with my scout or attack chopper even sometimes just running them over up there.

I just hate when my pub gunner decides to bail out to get to a camping spot and screwing me over when I have a target in sight. I'm now only playing when my friend gets on and I'm hoping to find more gaffers to play with on PS4 for that reason...I WANT TO WIN. Still wish I got it on PC instead.

PSN: Demolitio.

I could apply boosts during the last premium weekend...it was my first weekend as a premium member so that was the first thing i tried.

huh, gotta try again when there's a new weekend. Maybe it was glitching out on me last time.

But i mean...Battlefield 4 wouldn't have any glitches in it? Would it?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I wanna see what is the submarine about, maybe just a Spawn point?

turnbuckle

huh, gotta try again when there's a new weekend. Maybe it was glitching out on me last time.

But i mean...Battlefield 4 wouldn't have any glitches in it? Would it?

Yeah, I've had that glitch happen before. During premium and non-premium weekends. Dunno what I did to make it go away. Probably just tried again on a different server or like 10 seconds later. It's just a meta drinking game DICE plays with us. Spot a glitch, take a shot. SoberGAF never had a chance.

Is it me or is the ah Gunner's secondary weapon almost worthless? The tv missile is uncontrollable and laser guideds require you to hold the lock - assuming it locks onto the right vehicle in the first place.

Back from my ban. In the game now. Got a PS4 mid february and premium at the end of the month(missed the double xp). Played with a few of you already.

Mostly playing conquest cuz Rush is horrible in BF4. Like the changes to the old maps. Although capture the flag is impossible to win on Caspian when you're attacking the side closes to the fence.

Been able to win a couple times on Metro from the side that's supposed to lose. There's always a weak point...just gotta grab a shotgun and blast through.

On pretty often if you want to add me, KahrMatri.

Game seems to be pretty stable. Hainan Resort and Golmud can cause some lag but otherwise it's playable. So sick of the killcam not working properly though.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Is it me or is the ah Gunner's secondary weapon almost worthless? The tv missile is uncontrollable and laser guideds require you to hold the lock - assuming it locks onto the right vehicle in the first place.

I like the tv missile, but I have the most success with it if I use it like a dumb bomb and wait till the pilot passes over the target and launch. Those things are designed for a mouse and suck with controllers. Need good coms with pilot to use the effectively.

Facism

I like the tv missile, but I have the most success with it if I use it like a dumb bomb and wait till the pilot passes over the target and launch. Those things are designed for a mouse and suck with controllers. Need good coms with pilot to use the effectively.

problem with the TV missile is that it's aimed so fucking low. You ahve to wait for the pilot to get higher before you can even use it properly, which never fucking happens because we'll get locked immediately if the pilot flies higher than 10ft.

The anti-air game in this is completely shadracked.

Symax

This assignment is pretty easy since the last second assault patch. You can do it with every vehicle and it doesn't need do be done with a Helicopter.

turnbuckle

I mean, this shouldn't make any difference whatsoever but I figured I'd throw it out there - This game was working in general a lot better for me in the month or so following Christmas. There have been several patches since then and none of them seem to help - quite the opposite sometimes.

So - do you think there would be any benefit to deleting the whole thing and re-installing it? I'd guess probably not since I'd still have to download and install all the patches. I'm just frustrated that the game isn't as good as when I first bought it in late December. (PS4 version)

TheSeks

No, even on PC they're pretty terrible.

I blame it on the slow sensitivity/turning speed more than anything. They're too fast for too slow controls.

I mean, this shouldn't make any difference whatsoever but I figured I'd throw it out there - This game was working in general a lot better for me in the month or so following Christmas. There have been several patches since then and none of them seem to help - quite the opposite sometimes.

So - do you think there would be any benefit to deleting the whole thing and re-installing it? I'd guess probably not since I'd still have to download and install all the patches. I'm just frustrated that the game isn't as good as when I first bought it in late December. (PS4 version)

Don't bother. The patches are the problem, not your data install.

This assignment is pretty easy since the last second assault patch. You can do it with every vehicle and it doesn't need do be done with a Helicopter.

Wait, what? Oh shit if that's true I'm gonna have to drag someone to play CTF with me and haul ass in the ground vehicles to cap. Why would they word it as a helicopter if they allow ANY vehicle to do it?

Kabuto

Ask DICE: Battlefield 4 Naval Strike

What kind of Levolution can we expect in Naval Strike? Will there be storms like the one in Paracel Storm?
In Naval Strike we have been focusing on how the player can interact within the levels to create and block paths for vehicles, or make other strategic use of the environments. For example, you will be able to close flood doors to stop vehicles from entering a submarine base and capturing the objective inside. You can also blow up part of a crashed airplane to create new cover for infantry.

As for storms, instead of copying what has already been done in Paracel Storm, you can expect different visual styles and weather on all four Naval Strike maps. There’ll be calm seas, stormy weather and many other weather effects. For instance, on the Mortar Strike map, you’ll start fighting at dawn and the map will be lit up by the resort lights. As the fight rages on, the sunrise will drench the tropical island in beautiful sunlight.

What can we expect for the new Hovercraft and how will the vehicle affect gameplay?
The new hovercraft, or ACV, is a very fast transport vehicle with a driver and a passenger position that travels seamless between water and land. This unique ability has many advantages; you can for instance maneuver away from boats by short cutting through an island instead of going around it. These new abilities are exciting for us to bring to our players and I can’t wait to see what crazy stuff we will see from this vehicle in the game!

The hovercraft sounds awesome. The levolution sounds pretty cool, but hopefully it's more than just weather. I want more levolutions like Dawnbreaker's or Siege of Shanghai's.

TheSeks

Wasn't Gustav lead for BC2 along with Gordon Van Dyke?

Nope: David Goldfarb was, who went to Overkill and made Payday 2 extremely grindy and "hardcore" for a vocal minority.

Hmmm...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wait wait, so were no longer bitching about BF4 but about a game that we know nothing about?

TheSeks

Wait wait, so were no longer bitching about BF4 but about a game that we know nothing about?

No, Fersis, honey: Try to keep up. People are bitching about the gameplay lead for BF4 (and BC2/3 on the aside) going to other games as gameplay leads (Star Wars: Battlefront 3 and Payday 2 respectively).

TheSeks

You mean it wasn't already?

I mean outside of Haian and Shanghai, I can't recall any building collapses.

Flood Zone, technically is a building collapse as is... forgetting the name, the dam collapse. But those aren't huge "Levolutions" and more "weather effect"/flood and minor annoyance/"rocks fall, nobody dies" than anything.

TheSeks

Flood Zone's about the only Levolution that is worth a damn besides Shanghai. I know a lot of you hate the map, but it does change the dynamics of the game.

Personally I don't mind Flood Zone outside of the fact that I'm not able to see shit clearly due to the roofs being flooded with "cover."

Paracel's is more annoying than anything because it makes boats guns harder to hit shit with and makes the Jetski all kinds of bullshit it already was.

I honestly can't recall ever seeing the huge battleship crash into that map, either.

Well yeah, I like the weather changes, not the change to the waves when it happens. Although I don't like the sandstorm in Gulf of Oman, I've grown to really dislike it now.

I like the weather changes like the one in Paracel Storm, would rather have that than the "Levolution."
Yep, exactly.

I was also thinking, BF3 had levolution – Metro had the jets bomb the entrance to open the subway after you take the first set on Rush, and of course on Caspian the tower went down at the end.

Top Bottom