• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The best "Levolution" i ever encountered was in Battlefield 3 Damavand Peak on Rush.
http://www.abload.de/img/animation2dujb.giff

That's not Levolution. That's map design.

One thing that pisses me off is the fact that DICE has all these extra vehicles they add to the DLC maps and NEVER FUCKING USE THEM in other maps. Same for modes. I want CTF on Seige of Shanghai. Can't fucking do that.

That's not Levolution. That's map design.

One thing that pisses me off is the fact that DICE has all these extra vehicles they add to the DLC maps and NEVER FUCKING USE THEM in other maps. Same for modes. I want CTF on Seige of Shanghai. Can't fucking do that.

Tank Destroyers in BF3 Armored Kill. Never forget.

Oh, and they apparently nerfed Active Radar on jets only, not for the Mobile Anti Air. Bravo DICE, bravo.

Which could be done if they patched it in, AND/OR planned their fucking DLC out since you know they have that calendar of events for Premium with the launch dates and stuff set.

You don't understand, sekoku. The technology just isn't there yet.

TheSeks

Aint in the map files.

Which could be done if they patched it in, AND/OR planned their fucking DLC out since you know they have that calendar of events for Premium with the launch dates and stuff set.

Overdoziz

Banned
I don't think they can patch that into the old maps unless they make you redownload the entire map with the new vehicles and objective items added.

DOT MAPS

Ark

Okay two things.

Firstly, this past week I only just discovered that the coaxial HMG is semi-automatic, and holy shit is it amazingly powerful at infantry control from a safe distance.

Secondly, my Mini Montage Episode 4 is out.

It's an absolute beast. I can't justify using any other secondary when the HMG is almost better at taking out infantry than the shells you're carrying.

terrible

Banned
It's an absolute beast. I can't justify using any other secondary when the HMG is almost better at taking out infantry than the shells you're carrying.

The main thing is that is actually shoots straight lol. I wish I could use it as a gunner. It'd be soo deadly.

Wahey, finally finished all the kit unlocks. That took way too long but I was putting off Recon. Had some pretty decent times tonight with the Scout Elite/iron sights/laser/straight pull, but is a suppressor basically ever worth it? That range drop is nuts, and the accuracy hit seemed a lot more significant than the bars would suggest.

Wahey, finally finished all the kit unlocks. That took way too long but I was putting off Recon. Had some pretty decent times tonight with the Scout Elite/iron sights/laser/straight pull, but is a suppressor basically ever worth it? That range drop is nuts, and the accuracy hit seemed a lot more significant than the bars would suggest.

On snipers? Nah, I don't think it's worth putting them on.

I think suppressors are pretty good when you plan to be in close quarter engagements with the enemy and don't want to be spotted on the mini map and be a little more stealthy in your approach. Other than that It's probably a good idea to use something else in the barrel slot, or just leave it empty/default.

I got killed by some dude using a 40x scope with a suppressor from a really long distance at some point, was pretty embarrassing.

Dr Prob

Banned

Good clips. The Phu Bai Valley song was an interesting choice, as it's rad but not a natural fit for the atmosphere on display and your editor certainly didn't help it out any. Feeling like a 3 & 1/2 star effort, which is enough to earn a like, but you'll have to step up your montage game if you want to have something to send in during awards season. That'll be all for now, you can go.

On snipers? Nah, I don't think it's worth putting them on.

I think suppressors are pretty good when you plan to be in close quarter engagements with the enemy and don't want to be spotted on the mini map and be a little more stealthy in your approach. Other than that It's probably a good idea to use something else in the barrel slot, or just leave it empty/default.

It's definitely not worth it at the moment, I can't handle the accuracy downturn (even at fairly close range it seemed off) on such low-fire-rate guns, and I still haven't internalised bullet drop too well. Maybe in the future if/when I get better with them.

I got killed by some dude using a 40x scope with a suppressor from a really long distance at some point, was pretty embarrassing.

That is embarrassing, but what a beast at the same time. Kinda have to hand it to the person.

Good clips. The Phu Bai Valley song was an interesting choice, as it's rad but not a natural fit for the atmosphere on display and your editor certainly didn't help it out any. Feeling like a 3 & 1/2 star effort, which is enough to earn a like, but you'll have to step up your montage game if you want to have something to send in during awards season. That'll be all for now, you can go.

I love this.

I'm going wherever Xand is going, and his name starts with an X...

No one likes him, true story.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Why don't we have an epic Naval Strike trailer yet? Does it not release in 6 days?

Dice usually releases DLC trailers pretty far in advance as far as I remember.

demolitio

I'd recommend you give the GOL Magnum a try, it is my preferred sniper for the style of play you're talking about, it's comparable to the Scout Elite in regards to a very similar fire rate and magazine size, but it also comes with the added advantage of being able to get a one hit kill with a headshot at further ranges, something which the Scout can't do because of it's lower minimum damage, the GOL also has less bullet drop which helps in that regard too.

I just have to say thank you again for the suggestion. I suffered a lot last night trying to unlock the GOL by being a useless teammate and resisting all urges to do something worthwhile but I finally unlocked that gun and you were right.

It fire so damn quickly compared to other sniper rifles yet can still easily kill someone at long-range so I fell in love with it pretty quickly thanks to its versatility. I basically use it for an objective class now thanks to how it can handle all situtations.

Can't wait to try out the NS one now since I love DMR's.

I played Obliteration for the first time tonight. It was fairly fun until Locker came up. Yeah.. no.

oh comeon :D the MEAT LOCKER is very refreshing after a few rounds of proper maps. It gets insane and you can rack up a gazillion points by dropping ammo/health/sensors around.

Also nothing beats the feeling of grabbing the bomb and actually making it through the enemy lines :D

Why don't we have an epic Naval Strike trailer yet? Does it not release in 6 days?

Dice usually releases DLC trailers pretty far in advance as far as I remember.

DICE are getting weird with the way they promote DLC.

If memory serves me right CR came out for premium on the same day the trailer for CR came out.

terrible

Banned
oh comeon :D the MEAT LOCKER is very refreshing after a few rounds of proper maps. It gets insane and you can rack up a gazillion points by dropping ammo/health/sensors around.

Also nothing beats the feeling of grabbing the bomb and actually making it through the enemy lines :D

0-0 tie. Yeah it's easy to rack up kills but it's so annoying lol.

Every time I grabbed the bomb I was met by 10+ enemies at the next choke point and I eventually died. Near the very end someone on my team grabbed the bomb and went all the way back near our bomb sites and let the enemy kill him. I assume it was a friend of someone on the other team otherwise why do that? Luckily a few of us caught on and didn't let them steal a win.

You can have some pretty cool moments in Obliteration though. At one point on Golmud I killed the bomb carrier and all his backup with my MAA and a random teammate picked up the bomb. I drove towards him and exited the MAA and he took it and drove to the bomb site and blew up the objective. Felt good.

0-0 tie. Yeah it's easy to rack up kills but it's so annoying lol.

Every time I grabbed the bomb I was met by 10+ enemies at the next choke point and I eventually died. Near the very end someone on my team grabbed the bomb and went all the way back near our bomb sites and let the enemy kill him. I assume it was a friend of someone on the other team otherwise why do that? Luckily a few of us caught on and didn't let them steal a win.

You can have some pretty cool moments in Obliteration though. At one point on Golmud I killed the bomb carrier and all his backup with my MAA and a random teammate picked up the bomb. I drove towards him and exited the MAA and he took it and drove to the bomb site and blew up the objective. Felt good.

vehicles are really the key to win all other Obliteration matches. Choppers especially.

And it helps when you have a squad of buddies or otherwise smart players on your team that help push towards the bomb in Locker and pick it up as soon as the previous carrier dies and just keep running. If you stop in the middle area and don't do bold sacrifices, that map will end in a stalemate :D

you need to just rush it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Haha! That Air Mail assignment and the DPM6 camo is mine!

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to actually transport the flag carrier, you just have to be nearby, in the helicopter, when the flag is captured. I got it through this little gambit where, on any of the three maps with helicopters, when the match first starts, I grab the attack chopper/etc first thing, wait for a passenger/gunner, and head straight for the flag asap. Most people are still setting up, or at least aren't fully in the zone yet, so it's the best chance at a capture. I messed up once because my passenger wasn't clear on what we were doing, and another time because I crashed into a tree in my eagerness to depart (flag in tow!)

Eventually I actually got it by humping the ground with the helicopter right next to the flag carrier and our capture point. It wasn't great for the team, but I'll never have to do it again (and the camo is just so cool).

Cronnie

I just have to say thank you again for the suggestion. I suffered a lot last night trying to unlock the GOL by being a useless teammate and resisting all urges to do something worthwhile but I finally unlocked that gun and you were right.

It fire so damn quickly compared to other sniper rifles yet can still easily kill someone at long-range so I fell in love with it pretty quickly thanks to its versatility. I basically use it for an objective class now thanks to how it can handle all situtations.

No worries mate, glad you're liking it.

Yeah I am looking forward to trying out the SR338 as well, pretty unique model for a BF4 sniper.

I'll definitely have to put some time into it; I love the Scout so far. I always get wrecked so hardcore on those maps though. >.< Might do it tonight.

they've just said "late march" but these dates might swing wildly based on the platform :D apparently PC players can already get the guns unlocked.

Yerp, pretty sure I've been killed a few times by that SR338 gun.

Zeouterlimits and I were playing a game on Dawnbreaker last night and there were multiple deaths where we were definitely killed by someone else, but that just showed up as 'KILLED'...any idea why that might have been? A weapon the server didn't know about maybe?

TheSeks

No. Just server failed to report to your (broken) killcam.

You mean it wasn't already?

I mean outside of Haian and Shanghai, I can't recall any building collapses.

Flood Zone, technically is a building collapse as is... forgetting the name, the dam collapse. But those aren't huge "Levolutions" and more "weather effect"/flood and minor annoyance/"rocks fall, nobody dies" than anything.

Lancang Dam has the dam that can be destroyed
but no one has since like the first month.

Late on this, but yeah, true. It just seems like they're all out of ideas (*cough*time/resources*cough*) for "Levolution" so it's all turning into the same thing. Even just about all of the canceled levolution for China Rising was weather effects.

I'm not complaining about the weather/light changes themselves, which are cool and can change the way some maps are played...it just feels like they fall really short of what we were expecting.

Ethelwulf

Dear Gaf,
I've been playing B4 for a good 60+ hrs now and I'm thinking about getting Premium. Is it still worth getting it? I think I'll play it for a mother six months until Destiny comes out.

Bombless

Dear Gaf,
I've been playing B4 for a good 60+ hrs now and I'm thinking about getting Premium. Is it still worth getting it? I think I'll play it for a mother six months until Destiny comes out.

The dlcs offer new maps but more importantly, new game modes, new weapons and sometimes new vehicles (on specific maps only). I say it's well worth it.

Dear Gaf,

sure if you like rewarding a company that still hasn't brought their product up to snuff after 4 months on the market..

Top Bottom