• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

mitchman

Gold Member
It's like when Rey is driving those buggies or jeeps. You know he will crash spectacularly and kill us all, it's just a matter of _when_. So you hold the finger over the eject button waiting for the inevitable. By the time he yells "GET OUT NOW!", I'm already rolling in the grass watching the car blow up after hitting that rock or wall. :)

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Oh, I've been on the wrong side of stuff like that back in BF3. Guys bouncing the heli along, letting it take hits, swooping at the ground. Fuck you, I'll die in this thing before I let your friend in here just because you two can't play without holding hands.

Anyway, that wasn't the case for this idiot, He was in my squad (though I booted him right afterward).

Ha, I take the same attitude. Probably one of the few really truly trolley things I do. Just cause you beat me to the pilot seat doesn't mean you own the chopper. Chances are, I'm a much better pilot than them to begin with.

On auto balance convo, I had a lot of hope for this game in that I thought they would work to make teaming easier. Very disappointed in how they actually went in the opposite direction. MOH: WF let you team up as a full team and enter a game(the beta did at least). I expected Dice was going to use that for bf4 or something like it to let teams stick with each other. Oh how wrong I was.

Do we know if it will be possible to toggle rented servers ON/OFF from the server browser or Quick Match?

With limited time (blasted work and responsibilities!) it can be frustrated to load into rented servers with higher ticket counts knowing I won't have time to play a full round.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Do we know if it will be possible to toggle rented servers ON/OFF from the server browser or Quick Match?

With limited time (blasted work and responsibilities!) it can be frustrated to load into rented servers with higher ticket counts knowing I won't have time to play a full round.

You can advance filter on PC Battlelog. Dunno if consoles finally got the ability to drill down the custom options like ticket-counts. Knowing DICE probably not.

Battlelog is saying Facism is in servers that say he isn't in them. Hmmm...

TheSeks

No infantry combat allowed. Boats only, final destination. ZZzzzzzz. :(

TheSeks

Hahahaha.

In on-topic discussions: SKS headshots 27/50. Nearly there, and then it's bothering with the A-91 (#2EZ) and MP-413 (w)Rex (#BitTricky) to finish "From Russia with Lead"

TheSeks

Get the flag in the hotel. Camp. Everyone on my team comes up to protect it(?) and go to the roof. Flag is returned. Head down the elevator for some protection from a helicopter, get taken out by camping infantry.

...If only half my team stayed on the ground instead of lemminging on me... *sigh*

Nothing but straight losses today. I got like 3-4 wins out of 10-15 rounds. So stupid.

scogoth

Man jet fighter combat was sooo much better in BF3, and that being said, I can only dream of one day being able to play like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_mzccl4aXo

gawd DAMN.

I have a setup like that and it looks cool but isn't that great. Battlefield doesn't have proper triple screen support so if you look the left and right screens have some terrible distortion. It does increase your FOV making almost like a hack which is nice, you basically have eyes on the side of your (in game) head. But in terms of immersiveness the distortion is really jarring if you actually look at either screens on the side.

terrible

Banned
The game was so laggy tonight that elevator doors stopped opening for me. I found out the hard way by dying with both doors closed. The enemy up top clearly didn't have that same glitch lol.

TheSeks

I have no idea why you can't 'draw' on CTF. It's absurd.

On the bright side, someone called me a hacker tonight.

Huh? You can. I've gotten DRAWS today which has pissed me off because I'm trying to get that stupid adaptive camo that no one will get in my vehicle to cap with. >:|

I get upset that I somehow still have around 7 knifes left to unlock, but then I remember I have been reunited with my box cutting knife and start knifing away (seriously though, where's the rest of my goddamn knifes).

Been using stealth jets surprisingly more often nowadays, reticule change helped a lot, although they still need to fix the bug where there's no sound when getting hit. And of course they still kinda feel useless most of the time, meh.

Skab

So, as someone who mostly missed out on BF3 due to not having a comp that could run it, is BF4 work picking up now? I built a new rig this week and have been thinking about picking it up, but all the talk of all the crashes and what not have me hesitant to pull the trigger. Should I wait still or is it safe to jump in now?

As a side note, I DO have BF3. Picked it up in a bundle over the holidays, so if BF4 isn't worth picking up yet I can pass the time with 3 if need be.

Facism

So, as someone who mostly missed out on BF3 due to not having a comp that could run it, is BF4 work picking up now? I built a new rig this week and have been thinking about picking it up, but all the talk of all the crashes and what not have me hesitant to pull the trigger. Should I wait still or is it safe to jump in now?

As a side note, I DO have BF3. Picked it up in a bundle over the holidays, so if BF4 isn't worth picking up yet I can pass the time with 3 if need be.

Crashes are few and far between as of now.

The netcode and hitreg is 100% trash, though.

turnbuckle

I get upset that I somehow still have around 7 knifes left to unlock, but then I remember I have been reunited with my box cutting knife and start knifing away (seriously though, where's the rest of my goddamn knifes).

Been using stealth jets surprisingly more often nowadays, reticule change helped a lot, although they still need to fix the bug where there's no sound when getting hit. And of course they still kinda feel useless most of the time, meh.

I really wish you could get "knife" battlepacks the way you get weapon ones. Say, every 50 melee kills you unlock a battle-pack that contains a knife and then the random stuff battlepacks usually contain (xp/camo/tags/etc)

I don't understand why DICE doesn't create some Premium servers (PS4) which rotate through all the default and DLC maps. So frustrating to only be able to play 4 maps at a time with any of the DLC.

Dr Prob

Banned
nV3iVRO.gif

qldcUZe.jpg

SJS

feels.jpg

My day didn't go too badly in spite of the fact that I have a headache on the spring break (wonderful, isn't it)... although there was one particular asshole that was notable.

So I'm using the artillery tank for what must easily be the first time in ages. I shoot off a few shots, get one kill (I suck, I know, I need to use it more), and try to move the tank around awkwardly to approach an objective.

Some fool is driving into our spawn with a buggy and the car stops. I immediately assume that this is an enemy with a C4 trying to get at me, so I get out of the tank and look around. I can barely see anything, so I try to get back into the artillery tank. And lo and behold, some MOTHERFUCKER on my team takes the tank away from me. I spam request ride and shoot bullets at the tank, but he just drives it off further into our own spawn for literally no reason whatsoever and proceeds to go 4 and 9 / get no score (this is a CQ lobby mind you). I had to run all the way across Golmud just to fight someone.

I'm now having fun shit talking him, at least.

That kind of shit never happened to me with any vehicle in BF3. In BF4 it happened so many times that I get paranoid of getting out of my vehicle to repair now.

AmyS

I have a setup like that and it looks cool but isn't that great. Battlefield doesn't have proper triple screen support so if you look the left and right screens have some terrible distortion. It does increase your FOV making almost like a hack which is nice, you basically have eyes on the side of your (in game) head. But in terms of immersiveness the distortion is really jarring if you actually look at either screens on the side.

Yeah, I think I was so impressed mainly because aerial combat looks & plays so much nicer in BF3 than BF4, the triple screens and the position of the guy's camera made for a really great vid.

TheSeks

Metro CTF: SO AWFUL.

Flag placements: AWFUL.
Map itself: AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

It's a shame the alt routes didn't fix the Rush variant where it could be somewhat good from a terrible map. All modes on it is just terribad.

terrible

Banned
feels.jpg

My day didn't go too badly in spite of the fact that I have a headache on the spring break (wonderful, isn't it)... although there was one particular asshole that was notable.

So I'm using the artillery tank for what must easily be the first time in ages. I shoot off a few shots, get one kill (I suck, I know, I need to use it more), and try to move the tank around awkwardly to approach an objective.

Some fool is driving into our spawn with a buggy and the car stops. I immediately assume that this is an enemy with a C4 trying to get at me, so I get out of the tank and look around. I can barely see anything, so I try to get back into the artillery tank. And lo and behold, some MOTHERFUCKER on my team takes the tank away from me. I spam request ride and shoot bullets at the tank, but he just drives it off further into our own spawn for literally no reason whatsoever and proceeds to go 4 and 9 / get no score (this is a CQ lobby mind you). I had to run all the way across Golmud just to fight someone.

I'm now having fun shit talking him, at least.

Next time that happens you just have to wait until you see them on foot and then you can drive a jeep (or any vehicle, it's just easier with a jeep) towards them and bail before you hit them. It'll kill them even if you're not playing on hardcore.

At least that is what I do when someone does that to me lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So.. Naval Strike is releasing next week? The same day as Metal Gear Ground Zeroes?

Gonna be a crazy cool week if so.

Metro CTF: SO AWFUL.

Flag placements: AWFUL.
Map itself: AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

It's a shame the alt routes didn't fix the Rush variant where it could be somewhat good from a terrible map. All modes on it is just terribad.

What the fuck where they thinking with the alt routes anyway.

There's no point in having all routes if they still have to funnel through a tight doorway.

TheSeks

MG36 clone "The Patriot"/AWS is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gonna get nerfed into the ground. OMG.

I don't understand why DICE doesn't create some Premium servers (PS4) which rotate through all the default and DLC maps. So frustrating to only be able to play 4 maps at a time with any of the DLC.

Yeah that's frustrating. I think they put out servers eventually on BF3 that had all the maps on them (well except for Close Quarters expansion).

Not sure if they've added it to the PS4 yet, but I know for quick match on the X1 after you select a gametype, they have you select the base maps or an expansion. If they added all maps servers and placed that as an option in quick match, that would be nice.

terrible

Banned
MG36 clone "The Patriot"/AWS is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gonna get nerfed into the ground. OMG.
I was basically getting sniped by it all night last night on PC. I only have premium on PS4 so I can't try it out yet myself. They better not nerf it before I can try it out. It seems like it must be good!

Top Bottom