• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Facism

Dear Gamestop/Amazon,

No1curr about manufactured hype-Call-of-Mechy. Please stop e-mailing me about it, I'll either get it when it's $15 or less or never.

No love,
A consumer that is tired of this shit.

hahah yeh. Fucking titanfall adverts in battlelog, too. THE HYPE IS REAL*

*the hype is manufactured

Getting kills is the issue. The jet ribbons were already a PITA. I don't need to get a jet to get 20 more kills, kthxbi.

Homeboy pls, I believe in you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Homeboy pls, I believe in you.

I'm glad someone believes in me getting jet kills, but:

VclccVJ.png

Still not getting in them.

TheSeks

I forget who mentioned it, but just to humor myself I went and did it:

Typhoon/Hurricane still in effect, Hannah/Irish/Pac fall through the "floor" they were on in the hanger that leads to the next hanger/next-shootout that we're bypassing the script to get to the "glitched jet" for.

Turn the corner and...

1979997_10100465119236135_1234623050_o.jpg

Woah, no Typhoon/Hurricane!?

1888978_10100465118362885_1745902458_o.jpg

Shanghai's background (minus the popped-out terminal) with no Typhoon/Hurricane effect from Frostbite 3 added. Mostly turned off due to the hanger interior battle?

Technically, this is where the shootout and finding the collectible dogtag on the 747's wing is supposed to be. But because we glitched around the hanger, the script doesn't trigger and the AI can't follow.

I think this is a Stealth Jet in the multiplayer, but not sure. Never seen it.

No clipping issues. You can pretty much free fly, minus the Typhoon/Hurricane physics being applied as far as I'm aware.

10003588_10100465116825965_1375187865_o.jpg

Map's pretty much gone. No out of bounds shenanigans to do.

905411_10100465116676265_38790551_o.jpg

BONUS: Landed to the "right" of the hanger (where you come from in the glitch) and nearly slammed into a barrier, whew:

Glitched/unseen barrier can't prone under it. Mostly done because DICE didn't expect you to get here and I doubt you'd see it normally from the normal areas you go through.

</fin>
---

Interesting glitch but 1) no weapons to target practice on 2) it really isn't an "easter egg" I feel since it breaks script and I don't think DICE intended you to break script just to (VERY TRICKY you have to basically needle the throttle/accelerator) get a jet out of the hanger, get it around the 747(?)'s in the way and then take off (good practice for BF3 and Second Assaults ground take off though?) and then just fly around in hurricane/typhoon weather(? I think, I had some trouble flying now and then but I'm not sure if that's physics or glitches depending on where the jet is for the engine to load/unload the Typhoon/Hurricane effects) and/or land it. I didn't bail on the helicopter but collisions in the hanger will automatically kill you and rest you to the checkpoint before the glitch stairs.

How are the current expansions? I haven't picked up premium yet. I'm getting kind of sick of Paracel Storm and Golmund. Trying to decide if I should just eat the $50 and pick up premium.

PS4 player btw, and a terrible one at that.

Ark

How are the current expansions? I haven't picked up premium yet. I'm getting kind of sick of Paracel Storm and Golmund. Trying to decide if I should just eat the $50 and pick up premium.

PS4 player btw, and a terrible one at that.

I got China Rising for free because I preordered and they're some of my favourite maps in Battlefield for along time (dat Silk Road & Guilin Peaks). I bought premium a week ago to play some Second Assault and for Naval Strike coming this[?] week.

If you play a lot and you're board of the vanilla maps, I'd say go for it.

Just picked it up. Just had so many packs to unlock. Of course none of them were for weapons I generally use, but its still exciting.

Also, wow at how big the download for China Rising and Second Assault are. Almost 8GB for a couple of maps.

Omni

Operation Locker: LSD edition. I took two pictures so you can imagine how crazy it would have looked. Those were just flickering, haha.

I wasn't going to return until the next patch, but I was pretty bored with my other games. This was my first match 'back'. At this point it's just funny how broken this game can be.

I read something about deleting all the old patches and starting again to fix it... so I might as well give that a go. Still a pain in the ass though

Ade

I seem to be having more crashses than ever before on the XB1.

Ignoring the relentless destruction of my SP save that happens almost every day, since Friday I've been getting the game crashing to the dash again, getting disconnected from the servers and strangest of all, having the game drop to a black loading screen with the __ in the corner in the middle of MP matches.

It never seems to load anything or go anywhere, just sits there for up to 30 mins :/

Milly79

This guy ascended.

2SBnAbY.gif

Removed from the disc and the loop.

That was from me, right? :p

Regardless, where the hell do you and Dom live? You're always on when I get off work.

I'm glad I started joining GAF games, idk what the hell I've been thinking soloing.

Dr Prob

Banned

Looks like it.

98W007f.jpg

Regardless, where the hell do you and Dom live? You're always on when I get off work.

I'm glad I started joining GAF games, idk what the hell I've been thinking soloing.

I'm in the U.S., east coast. Not sure exactly where Che plays from, just that we're absolutely not supposed to call it a 'mental facility'.

Anyway, glad to have you join!

Rey

Looks like it.

98W007f.jpg

I'm in the U.S., east coast. Not sure exactly where Che plays from, just that we're absolutely not supposed to call it a 'mental facility'.

Anyway, glad to have you join!

Dom is from Germany, mitch Norway and i'm from Holland.
We had a party of about 7 GAFers at one point. To all the other peeps in the party.. Yes we talk A LOT :)

We had a party of about 7 GAFers at one point. To all the other peeps in the party.. Yes we talk A LOT :)

gotta join that one of these days, i'm from Finland so we should be on the same timezones and same ping.

Hey does anyone remember one of the early screens released about Naval Strike that showed the quick match menu, featuring carrier assault large and small?

A combination of boredom, sick days(like today) and working from home leads me to play ridiculous amounts of BF4 around noon CET: Glad DrProb is online when I need him the most.

Yep, and it's not always related to the game. Yesterday we talked about tax benefits in Germany and dubbed movies. So if you have an interesting story to share, feel free to chime in.
Oh and btw. I've never heard Arnold's real voice :(

I remember, why?
First, I wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

Second, I was curious if it indicated what platform the screen was from – I assume PC.

Third, I noticed the only option on my console quickmatch yesterday was "Carrier Assault" and the implication makes my blood boil.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Randy Evans @killat0n_
T-minus 1h 45min for Naval Strike Teaser! Hold onto your butts! #Battlefield #NavalStrike

Get hype

Erban1

Do you guys generally have a party chat going? I gotta get in on that next time...just picked up the Sony Gold headphones so I'm able to communicate now.

Rey

For all the peeps joining the party chat.

Say: "Hi, I am ......and this is my voice" and repeat this 10 times.. Thank you.

TheSeks

http://i.imgur.com/G7uKxEg.jpg

Oh come on, was Titanfall mode in 2142 that bad?

Honestly, the only thing I'm looking forward to in Navel Strike is finally getting my 5 C4 kills on those maps and then struggling for the Sniper Rifle ribbons (and headshots for the last assignment for the class) *sigh*

Top Bottom