• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
E-mail said:
Pick Up Titanfall Now – The Hype is Real!

Dear Gamestop/Amazon,

No1curr about manufactured hype-Call-of-Mechy. Please stop e-mailing me about it, I'll either get it when it's $15 or less or never.

No love,
A consumer that is tired of this shit.

Kak.efes

My highlight (or lowlight, matter of opinion) of the week playing BF4. I shot a low flying, fully packed transport helicopter with a tank shell, killing all five
of my own teammates
inside after the helicopter face planted into the ground.

What a way to start a round.

Dug

Banned
I did it! I am 3 months, 6 days late but I did it!

s1JUnjt.png

Now to wait for the password to the other assignment to be discovered...

TheSeks

I did it! I am 3 months, 6 days late but I did it!

Now to wait for the password to the other assignment to be discovered...

Nice. I still get 70 or so tank kills to do. But I rarely am in a tank in Sabotage. D:

If that Jet requirement is right, I'm not bothering with the second one, camo or not.

SJS

I really need to get good at jets.

And by that, I mean actually turn them the fuck around. In Test Range.

EDIT: All I needed to be told was to flip the jet to the side to turn. MIND BLOWN. Now I'm not a total imbecile with the thing. I still wouldn't dare attempt pubbing the way I am now, but maybe after a bit more practice tomorrow I could manage it.

TheSeks

Well, that's one way of doing it. You can also "turn" the jet manually with left-right on the infantry controls to fine-tune your aiming. Then there's the sharpness of the turn by your speed and other factors.

TheSeks

What does this rumoured jet requirement consist of exactly? 200 kills?

20 or there about. The point is: The jet requirement for the CUAV already sucked, I don't need it for a totally optional/premium camo.

Kabuto

SMAW against infantry OP. kidding, but I played one round of Domination with it and the ACW-R. Went 15-0 until the last second and died :[

Cronnie

Ah I see, yeah although I quite like flying jets I can see how many will be annoyed if it turns out to be true.

On the bright side at least it seems it won't require jet fighter ribbons this time, so that should make it a lot less stressful.

TheSeks

Ah I see, yeah although I quite like flying jets I can see how many will be annoyed if it turns out to be true.

On the bright side at least it seems it won't require jet fighter ribbons this time, so that should make it a lot less stressful.

Getting kills is the issue. The jet ribbons were already a PITA. I don't need to get a jet to get 20 more kills, kthxbi.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
20 or there about. The point is: The jet requirement for the CUAV already sucked, I don't need it for a totally optional/premium camo.

Well that assignment sucked particularily because you had to get 5 kills in a single match with jets. 3 times. If it's just 20, it won't be so bad.

Still, if they put the requirement for tanks as 200 and jets as 20, aren't they acknowledging that jets are horrible? And yet nothing changes...

Tubie

For me (PS4) problems seem limited to Langcam Dam and Goldmund Railway on conquest. All other maps work great. I hope DICE can work the remaining issues out, because I love this game and hope Naval Strike comes smoothly :|

ChrisW

Does anyone else think that the speed of jets is to high! It takes mere seconds to get across the full map and by this time you've hit nothing.

Think I've hardly ever been killed by a jet as infantry or in armour, so all they're good for really is taking out the other jet, since you come up too fast on choppers.

Cronnie

Does anyone else think that the speed of jets is to high! It takes mere seconds to get across the full map and by this time you've hit nothing.

Think I've hardly ever been killed by a jet as infantry or in armour, so all they're good for really is taking out the other jet, since you come up too fast on choppers.

You can slow down more than enough to take anything out in one pass, I wouldn't recommend going too slow though otherwise you're an easy target then.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
You can slow down more than enough to take anything out in one pass, I wouldn't recommend going too slow though otherwise you're an easy target then.

News to me. I always have to get lucky and target a vehicle that is already damaged and has it's countermeasures in cooldown.

TheSeks

Well that just takes time, but its easier to do. Just play Hardcore TDM or Domination to rack up kills.

Jet kills are rare when you only keep getting mobility hits and ProPilotsLikeSplinter gets kills in air superiority games.

FTFY.

SJS

For the tightest turns possible you need to keep your jets within 300-315 speed.

Oh god, another thing I didn't know about that's about to confuse me. How the hell do I even alter speed, aside from the boost?

THE LONG ROAD TO JET PRO (TM)

I was once harassed by a jet user on Paracel Storm so hard that I died to him ~6 times. He inspired me to actually try to learn the controls.

Cronnie

News to me. I always have to get lucky and target a vehicle that is already damaged and has it's countermeasures in cooldown.

Yeah if you're up against a tanker who knows what they're doing they'll hit their countermeasures pretty quickly, if they do abort your attack and line yourself up for another run.

Also my tactic is generally to use my hydra missiles at the start of my attack while I'm still pretty high up, and then switch to my main cannon to finish them off if need be.

Oh god, another thing I didn't know about that's about to confuse me. How the hell do I even alter speed, aside from the boost?

You can speed up and slow down your jet, not sure what platform you're on or what control scheme you're using but I believe the default controls are 'W' and 'S' on the keyboard, or moving the left analogue stick 'Up' or 'Down' on a controller.

If you are using a controller and having a bit of difficulty with the speed I would strongly recommend changing your jet control scheme to 'Veteran', so you can use your triggers to adjust your speed, it's a lot better in my opinion.

I was once harassed by a jet user on Paracel Storm so hard that I died to him ~6 times. He inspired me to actually try to learn the controls.

Lots of youtube videos out there to help you out (especially since I'm kinda bad at explaining stuff). The way you change speed is the usual acceleration/deceleration with the W/S keys, not sure how it's on consoles but I would presume it's the same buttons for moving forward and backwards. You lose speed when pitching up and gain speed when pitching down, so compensate for that by accelerating when pitching up, and decelerating when pitching down. I'll try to explain this stuff better later on.

One more important thing though, jet loadouts:

Attack Jet: Standard 30MM Cannon, Hydra Missiles, ECM Jammer/Flares (either one "works"), and Gyro Stabilizer​
Stealth Jet: 20MM Cannon, Laser Guided Missiles, ECM Jammer/Flares, and Gyro Stabilizer​

JDAM is bad. Active Radar is a crutch for noobs and/or people desperate to take you out. The great thing about Hydra Missiles is that they reload pretty quickly and they deal at least 80 damage to enemy armored vehicles and you can kill infantry with it pretty easily (this is especially great when there's practically no enemy armor left on the map).

Laser Guided on stealth jets because no more Hydra missiles on them like in BF3, these missiles can sometimes go through Active Protection if you hit the enemy armored vehicle in a low altitude, happens because they usually used it too late to block your missiles.

Also, Cronnie knows what's up.

cresto

I just picked up an XB1 for Titanfall, but I want a larger scale MP game. Have they fixed BF4 woes yet and how is the community at large on the platform?

I just picked up an XB1 for Titanfall, but I want a larger scale MP game. Have they fixed BF4 woes yet and how is the community at large on the platform?

Can only speak for PS4 but the game is perfectly playble. Some people experience a lot of rubberbanding(happens to me to once in a while) and the kill cam is borked. Other than that I have a lot of fun with BF4.
The community? Playing with friends in a squad is a blast. But otherwise people just like to snipe and couldn't care less about the objective.

Ark

Background: I was in an IFV driving through the water, then our attack boat rammed into me at full speed flipping my tank, destroying it, and beaching itself on my destroyed tank. Funniest thing I've seen in this game.

It was fucking hilarious. If the PS4 wasn't a poo I'd have uploaded the video, but you know, why bother recording the last 15 minutes of play unless I initiate it?

zedge

For the most part it plays fine and is alot of fun. More than enough playing. Have both versions and I think the ps4 has the edge with a higher resolution and a slightly better framerate, but its perfectly playable on the one, and looks good regardless. I wouldn't miss out if you want to play it.

Rey

It's like when Rey is driving those buggies or jeeps. You know he will crash spectacularly and kill us all, it's just a matter of _when_. So you hold the finger over the eject button waiting for the inevitable. By the time he yells "GET OUT NOW!", I'm already rolling in the grass watching the car blow up after hitting that rock or wall. :)

Hey at least I'm giving a warning.
I do admit, most of the time its already to late :)

Can only speak for PS4 but the game is perfectly playble. Some people experience a lot of rubberbanding(happens to me to once in a while) and the kill cam is borked. Other than that I have a lot of fun with BF4.
The community? Playing with friends in a squad is a blast. But otherwise people just like to snipe and couldn't care less about the objective.

You're welcome Dom. I'm glad you enjoy playing with me :)

Yeah that's frustrating. I think they put out servers eventually on BF3 that had all the maps on them (well except for Close Quarters expansion).

Not sure if they've added it to the PS4 yet, but I know for quick match on the X1 after you select a gametype, they have you select the base maps or an expansion. If they added all maps servers and placed that as an option in quick match, that would be nice.
I don't remember DICE having any servers with all maps, but at least there were rent a servers.

Yes it's the same on PS4, nice little addition, but it would be better if they also had an all maps option since all premium players have the DLC. You'd think they'd want less fragmentation of the player pool, but I guess not.

AmyS

Sometime in the middle of the night (3 or 4 AM central time) I experienced the first crash on PS4 that I've had in a long time -- Was in the middle of great battle in conquest, Caspian Boarder, in a tank obliterating enemy-held buildings with Staff Shells and plus a number of tanks and other vehicles with a combination of sabot round / staff shells. I dunno if my team would've won but the game crashed and I didn't get anything for it, god damnit,

Ark

Sometime in the middle of the night (3 or 4 AM central time) I experienced the first crash on PS4 that I've had in a long time -- Was in the middle of great battle in conquest, Caspian Boarder, in a tank obliterating enemy-held buildings with Staff Shells and plus a number of tanks and other vehicles with a combination of sabot round / staff shells. I dunno if my team would've won but the game crashed and I didn't get anything for it, god damnit,

I spent about 5 hours this morning playing China Rising (I really like the China Rising maps) and I crashed twice. Both times were after the match had ended and probably about 10-15 seconds into the post-game score screen. I've only had, I think, three crashes since they patched it several weeks ago. It's ridiculous though.

The netcode & hit detection might as well be non-existent, Operation Metro is a paid DLC, the game still crashes, it's far too easy to shoot down helicopters, people that snipe with tanks...

And yet, I can't stop playing this game.

Dr Prob

Banned
Yeah, the steamroller was in full effect today. Even had a commander.

In other news, I'd just like to apologize to anyone who's spawned into the attack heli with me lately. In some kind of funk, losing track of everything and having flights of DOOM :D

Omni

I seem to always forget how 'heavy' the attack helicopter is in this game. I'll try to pull up from a descent and just plummet into the ground

:lol

Ark

I seem to always forget how 'heavy' the attack helicopter is in this game. I'll try to pull up from a descent and just plummet into the ground

:lol

Sometimes I jump into an attack helicopter as the gunner and the pilot glides majestically three-meters above the ground at insanely high speeds. I have tried to replicate this but I can't get them up to a similar speed..

As I said before, I've been enjoying Obliteration on the SA maps, everything seems fair from vehicle spawns to the arm locations.

Unfortunately, today I had some of the most dumbass randoms you could imagine. Two highlights though.

I was over looking the bomb with the SRAW, now I wish I had done the GOL magnum assignment earlier using this method.

And lastly, I tried to cause both confusion to the enemy team and hope we could scramble a bomb plant...well confusion was caused

I don't remember DICE having any servers with all maps, but at least there were rent a servers.

Yes it's the same on PS4, nice little addition, but it would be better if they also had an all maps option since all premium players have the DLC. You'd think they'd want less fragmentation of the player pool, but I guess not.

Yeah having Premium available from the beginning should mean a significant number of players will have all DLC.

Top Bottom