• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Calling bullshit. I tried that months back and it was deader than BC1.

I want to see receipts and time-stamps on a 24-hour marathon in that games "server"/round population.
I played Rush for four hours last night on Aussie PS3 servers and most of the early matches were full (12 vs 12), dropping down to about 9 vs 9 later in the night. This was from 7:30pm - 11:30pm Sydney time. I'm told that's a rarity though.

It did confirm for me - again - that BFBC2 shits on BF3 and BF4 for multiplayer fun. I'm getting terrible lag in BF4 at the moment on PS4 (on a 110Mb/s EuroDOCSIS 3.0 cable connection with pingtest reporting an "A" rating in every single test with no dropped packets).

I'm thinking now that I might just go back to BFBC2 if I can regularly find populated local servers.

My bad, should've paid more attention.

And yeah, a server browser goes a long way in helping a multiplayer game's longevity, if dedicated servers can be used there's really no excuse not to have one. A damn shame Titanfall apparently doesn't have one, although I can't say I'm that surprised considering it's from the same people who made MW2.

Well MS Azure servers don't quite work that way. It's not a set of static servers like EA/DICE use. Server capacity is ramped up or down based on games being matched up pretty much in real time. A server browser doesn't make as much sense with that setup.

Is there a consensus on headseats for the PS4? One reason I don't play with the headset too often is because I frequently can hear other players' game through their mic and I know other players can hear mine. I have several pair of really nice headphones but I'd need something for gaming with a mic.

don't think headsets can come with a consensus as it's highly up to peoples tastes :D

i use a Qpad QH-85, it plugs into the Dualshock without buying any extra cables and sound is very clear. Bendable microphone helps if you have a tendency to breathe into the mic.
qpad_qh-85_pro_gaming_premium_headset_black-21218293-frntl.jpg

Honestly, the games I've been playing I have never chatted with them. Even the games where it was 3 of us, we stuck together and won pretty handedly. I really have no issues speaking, I just figured if they're in a party they can invite if they want. :)

Don't be shy and just join. The more the merrier.

please tell me this is a joke

Battlefield 4 |OT3| "IT TURNS OUT THAT STOPPING BULLETS IN A FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER IS A TON OF FUN."

Holy god I laughed so long and loud when I read that massive quote in the article.

Edit: The ballistic shield should reflect the bullets to enemy helicopters, helicopters pretty op after all.

And I'm still laughing at this.

Haven't played much this weekend, blasting through my first hours of Titanfall and quite enjoying it.
I think my objective control thinking from Battlefield is putting me at a bit of an unfair advantage though. In the Hardpoint mode it seems pretty easy to score top of your team just by defending one point. That is crazy to someone who never scores top of any team in anything.

However, I did get to spend some serious time with the GOL and am very much enjoying it. That power is so delicious.
I even got the accuracy up near 25%.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
R30 Server Update
-Players will no longer be able to pick up deployed AA mines
-Players will no longer be able to equip an AA mine together with rocket launchers
-Fix for an issue where players could have two Javelin projectiles in the air at the same time

Source
(It's basically a Naval Strike Update)
Speaking of picking up stuff, please fix the Battlepickups! I cant pick em!

Dr Prob

Banned
...please fix the Battlepickups! I cant pick em!

Can't remember where I read this and googling didn't help, but a dude was saying that some combination of holding the pick up button and hitting melee worked for him. Never tried it, as I just gave up on using those things, but will test in a bit and report my findings. Of course, one shouldn't have to do anything other than what it says on the screen, but we're past that, man.

Been playing a little Rush lately. With the exception of Sailo, no one seems to be interested in joining (don't blame them) so I've been playing on my own. Had forgotten those feels. Blind rage, exasperation. Mmmmm.

"Can we move. The fuck. Up? MOVETHAFUKKKUP!!!"

Speaking of picking up stuff, please fix the Battlepickups! I cant pick em!

guess you never learned how to play fighting games properly Fersis! :D
It's an easy 3-frame input hold, and you need to release the button. be glad its not a :just frame input!

gotta get those MLG Pro-Style controls down!

Been playing a little Rush lately. With the exception of Sailo, no one seems to be interested in joining (don't blame them) so I've been playing on my own. Had forgotten those feels. Blind rage, exasperation. Mmmmm.

"Can we move. The fuck. Up? MOVETHAFUKKKUP!!!"

Obliteration has its own 'special' players.

Dudes that set up in the enemies base...only to snipe.

Dude that have no concept of reacting to the enemies having the bomb.

Dudes that LINE UP in row and try to defend the arm, instead of finding better view points to protect it.

Dudes that exclusively go after helis in their tank.

RAGE

and that was just yesterdays games.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
guess you never learned how to play fighting games properly Fersis! :D
It's an easy 3-frame input hold, and you need to release the button. be glad its not a :just frame input!

gotta get those MLG Pro-Style controls down!
I used to be able to pick em up by moving during the pick animation but after a patch that workaround stopped working. :(
Pretty nuts that all this time after release and "Picking up an item" hasnt been fixed

Dr Prob

Banned
Well, that experiment was a bust. Pickups worked every time unless I started messing around with the knife :D

Oh well, got some M32 MGL and USAS kills.

Obliteration has its own 'special' players.

Dudes that set up in the enemies base...only to snipe.

RAGE

Yeah, Oblit can get you going as well. Carrying the bomb as transports fly right past you, or bomb carriers who won't get into your chopper, boat etc. Like, what do you think we're doing here dude? It isn't a coincidence that every vehicle on our team just descended upon you. Get in, marathon man!

9QzdiBj.png

Well, that experiment was a bust. Pickups worked every time unless I started messing around with the knife :D

Oh well, got some M32 MGL and USAS kills.

Yeah, Oblit can get you going as well. Carrying the bomb as transports fly right past you, or bomb carriers who won't get into your chopper, boat etc. Like, what do you think we're doing here dude? It isn't a coincidence that every vehicle on our team just descended upon you. Get in, marathon man!

9QzdiBj.png

Haha that happened to me(I don't recall if you were in the MRAP too) .
the bomb carrier just ran next to me and managed to ignore my spamming of get in and honking.

Of course he was killed seconds later.

But the coolest thing was a quick and clean bomb pick up with the scout helicoper. Couldn't have been more precise.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I still like Sabotage, even if going solo can be a frustrating thing.

I've been playing it a bit more often than Rush lately. Rush lately has been nothing but straight losses. At least in CTF/Sabo I can sometimes get a team that knows what the fucking mode is about.

Speaking of shooters:

Amazon.com e-mail said:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

"Titanfall" has dropped and it's not too late to join the action. With a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime, you can place your order on Wednesday and take down Titans by the weekend.

In addition to FREE Two-Day Shipping on over 20 million eligible items, Amazon Prime members can access over 40,000 movies and TV episodes on their Xbox One and other connected devices.

...Keep screwing that manufactured hype, Amazon/Gamestop.

Calling bullshit. I tried that months back and it was deader than BC1.

I want to see receipts and time-stamps on a 24-hour marathon in that games "server"/round population.

I played some port valdez rush last weekend. not dead at all.

i bought the game on boxing day 2013 and there were still people playing. same with bc1

TheSeks

I played some port valdez rush last weekend. not dead at all.

i bought the game on boxing day 2013 and there were still people playing. same with bc1

Was it a full 32 player count? Because that's what I classify as "dead" the game can be played but it's generally 8-16 player rounds depending on time of day. Compare that BF3's server browser showing about 2-4 pages of FULL SERVERS in addition to 1-5 player counter servers on PS3 and it's pretty telling how dead BC1/2 are/were.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The server browser has never worked right for me, but now it's even worse. It used to show just two or three results no matter what filters I used, but now it shows nothing. No results. I'm on PS4.

Milly79

The server browser has never worked right for me, but now it's even worse. It used to show just two or three results no matter what filters I used, but now it shows nothing. No results. I'm on PS4.

That's weird... It's actually been working quite well for a while now.

Sabotage = Defuse?

I'm interested in playing Defuse. Maybe we can get a group going.

For him Sabotage = Obliteration

Since Obliteration is essentially Battlefield's version of Sabotage from CoD. Defuse is pretty nice, even though I think just playing counter strike instead is a better option.

Ocho

For him Sabotage = Obliteration

Since Obliteration is essentially Battlefield's version of Sabotage from CoD. Defuse is pretty nice, even though I think just playing counter strike instead is a better option.

Ah, true. Agreed, lets play CS go instead, where I truly shine (even sans tanks).

TheSeks

Ah, true. Agreed, lets play CS go instead, where I truly shine (even sans tanks).

I'd be down for that, but I'd HORRIBAD at CS even in casual mode.

(Whereas I could kinda hold my own in S&D/CoD4)

Server browser is wonky. You have to refresh many times. You can leave Full & Empty servers unchecked, but the other player numbers should be checked. The list of servers your friends are in is also borked; it never shows the full list. I use Battlelog to join friends, but it is also problematic. When I first open Battlelog and go to the Friends tab, it will briefly show my friends playing BF4, then that disappears and it only shows my online & offline friends. I have to tab-away and come back for that list to stay. Fucking DICE. It is really hard to play Titanfall for a few days (which is fun, but I prefer BF overall) and come back and have to deal with all of the bugs and glitches.

AmyS

Picked up a new copy of Battlefield 3 PE for PS3 at GameStop a little while ago, now downloading / installing all the expansions.

Yeah I know it's limited to 30fps / 720p / 24 players, but should still be fun.

Once everything is done, gonna try Armored Kill / Tank Superiority on the Armored Shield map, first.

Picked up a new copy of Battlefield 3 PE for PS3 at GameStop a little while ago, now downloading / installing all the expansions.

Yeah I know it's limited to 30fps / 720p / 24 players, but should still be fun.

Once everything is done, gonna try Armored Kill / Tank Superiority on the Armored Shield map, first.

704p

Ark

Anyone know what time the Naval Strike trailer drops tomorrow? I want to know when I can start dropping submarines on heads.

Is there a GAF clan that I can get in on? PS4 here. Played a lot at launch and put the game down til this week.

I can't even remember how long its been since someone used a mic. Hardly any squad leaders are using commands. People are spotting a lot more than when I played BF3, maybe because its no longer the select button.... but I'm getting that pug fever. I like to think I'm a good leader when I get the chance and a willing squad, that happens maybe once every 5 hrs. I really wanna play this game with a team/squad that is actively playing together and not a big pack of Rambos.

Is the netcode really bad in this game? It seems like people can shoot me around corners/through walls sometimes and its starting to bug me. Not the killcam, I know that's borked, but if someone shoots me as I'm turning a corner I hear the first shot hit me, turn the corner and hear 2 more hit me and I drop.

Also, the starter sniper is awful and I don't know how long its gonna take me to unlock the damn DMR!

TheSeks

OMG Fersis: Ground Zeroes is amazing. Holy crap, I didn't think I'd enjoy the Sandbox so much but it's pretty good to have a pretty large area to stealth through.

Erban1

Is there a GAF clan that I can get in on? PS4 here. Played a lot at launch and put the game down til this week.

I can't even remember how long its been since someone used a mic. Hardly any squad leaders are using commands. People are spotting a lot more than when I played BF3, maybe because its no longer the select button.... but I'm getting that pug fever. I like to think I'm a good leader when I get the chance and a willing squad, that happens maybe once every 5 hrs. I really wanna play this game with a team/squad that is actively playing together and not a big pack of Rambos.

Is the netcode really bad in this game? It seems like people can shoot me around corners/through walls sometimes and its starting to bug me. Not the killcam, I know that's borked, but if someone shoots me as I'm turning a corner I hear the first shot hit me, turn the corner and hear 2 more hit me and I drop.

Also, the starter sniper is awful and I don't know how long its gonna take me to unlock the damn DMR!

There's a ton of us playing on ps4...look in the op for the google doc and just start adding people. Add people like DrProb, Elzar, Chedominik, Mitchman and ThreeBarHero you'll end up in a game with 8 or 9 gaffers.

Shoot me a request as well (Moneyman232), I play pretty much daily.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Suggestion to game devs:

Don't put up images or videos teasing teaser trailers that tease full length trailers.

It confuses the general populace in thinking that your DLC is coming out the same day as the video.

-_-

SJS

Great games tonight, everyone. Even after that insanely boring Hainan game, my Skill hit 461, which is near the highest it's been for me.

I pretty much obliterated the enemy's air game regardless of whether I was in a vehicle or not. The SRAW was second only to you guys in helping me.

Only thing that pissed me off were the people on the stairs in Locker who wouldn't revive. Honestly, how the fuck do people manage that?

The nerf from BF3 to BF4, shortened window of opportunity to revive someone, and the fact that they don't work half the time cemented the idea of reviving someone to be a very rare occasion in this game, at least when playing solo.

I get killed so many times trying to desperately revive someone as the game refuses to register that I used a defib on a dead teammate. It's kinda hard to really blame people to not bother with it equipping it/using it anymore.

SJS

The nerf from BF3 to BF4, shortened window of opportunity to revive someone, and the fact that they don't work half the time cemented the idea of reviving someone to be a very rare occasion in this game, at least when playing solo.

I get killed so many times trying to desperately revive someone as the game refuses to register that I used a defib on a dead teammate. It's kinda hard to really blame people to not bother with it equipping it/using it anymore.

That explanation was unexpected, and there might be some truth to it (I don't know, BF4 is the first BF I actually put effort into), but this is Operation Locker I'm speaking of. I sort of expect people to be using Assault and be using something on it. I also expect them to be literally right next to me because of the way the map is designed.

I am excited for Navel Strike :) I have not play bf4 much recently, I am blame school, dark souls 2, Titanfall and now FFX HD. No matter what, I will always get a bf game. There's no other game that has 64 player on a Vechile warfare and destructible environments. Just a shame what EA did to DICE.

Top Bottom