• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Shields sound interesting. I wonder just how useful they'll be. Do we know if they're destructible yet? I'm having images of lumbering through the slaughter in operation locker hiding behind my sheild and then swinging it around as a melee weapon. I'm sure my fantasy is better than the reality.

TWITGUY [XM25 AIRBURST] turnbuckle
TWITGUY [XM25 AIRBURST] ShieldSLOL
TWITGUY [XM25 AIRBURST] GetTheeBehindMe

TWITGUY: shield noobs lol

--------
That's how I imagine it. :/

Wait, there was an exploit with the AA mines... where I could set thousands of them like the BF3 AT mines of yore? And I didn't know about this to terrorize the helicopters with millions of AA mines on the map?

*tears*

Nah, the exploit was to pick up the AA mine as soon as it fired before destroying itself, which meant the AA mine you picked up can be used again and goes back into your ammo counter.

If the exploit was that bad I would be raging too hard for my own good.

Haven't watched any videos because I'm at work, but I'm hearing that the videos captured from the press event have the packet loss icon showing up frequently, God how I wish someone could get DICE to respond to that.

AmyS

Will watch the Naval Strike preview in awhile, looking forward to it.

Edit:

http://youtu.be/2X8oGy4G7tM

Full trailer for Naval Strike is out.

Sweet.

Been playing as much BF3 Armored Kill / Tank Superiority as I can. Really enjoying it, even though it's a lowly last-gen console version (PS3),

I consider PS3 BF3 just a taste of what it's like to play the "real" thing on PC, like this:

http://dlarchives.gamersyde.com/sec...f6ecff987/5329f5d0/BF3_AK_TankSuperiority.wmv
http://dlarchives.gamersyde.com/sec...b917505a6a3/5329fb7c/BF3_AK_ArmoredShield.wmv
http://dlarchives.gamersyde.com/sec...c1a8f056/5329fb57/BF3_AK_Alborz_Mountains.wmv
http://www.gamersyde.com/download_battlefield_3_death_valley-28328_en.html

Gamersyde never fails to impress.

Correctly me if I wrong but I'm gonna assume a single high end Nvidia Kepler card will run BF3 like butter on Ultra / 1920 x 1980 / 60 no problem.

Like a GTX 780 Ti ?

I don't have a 4K monitor or Ultra HD set to even think about anything beyond 1080p, nor can I really afford to go SLI at this point (but could always an a 2nd card later, provided the mobo & powersupply can handle it) .

That or maybe one of the upcoming 2nd-gen 20nm Maxwell cards later this year, given that the current 28nm Maxwell cards are the lower-end members of their family mainly intended for laptops.

What do you guys think?

AmyS

Wait, so you're planning to get a 780 Ti to max out BF3? Or am I misunderstanding your post?

No, not to max out BF3, I know it doesn't take that much, but to play it without even thinking about it, for BF4, and to be somewhat future-proof for a few years.

I used to have a Core i7 desktop in very early 2011 with a GTX 460 (1 GB) which ran BF3 late that year at fairly smooth framerates most of the time with a mix of high / ultra in 1080p, no AA.

I'm thinking a 780 Ti would cut through BF3 like a hot knife through butter, and for the most part, BF4 as well.

EDIT: The whole point that was in my mind, which I did not make clear, is that when I do get a reasonable gaming PC sometime this year, it should be capable of better overall fidelity (re: anything to do with graphics) than what PS4 can do.
I'm thinking about other things besides BF3 and BF4 too.

EDIT 2: Better wait to see what comes out of GDC regarding DX12 and what Nvidia's plans are to implement it in hardware in upcoming GPUs,

No, not to max out BF3, I know it doesn't take that much, but to play it without even thinking about it, for BF4, and to be somewhat future-proof for a few years.

I used to have a Core i7 desktop in very early 2011 with a GTX 460 (1 GB) which ran BF3 late that year at fairly smooth framerates most of the time with a mix of high / ultra in 1080p, no AA.

I'm thinking a 780 Ti would cut through BF3 like a hot knife through butter, and for the most part, BF4 as well.

Oh okay, and yeah, a 780 Ti pretty much maxes out both games with no issues, and I'm fairly confident it will play games well for a long time. Hell, even my 7870 XT can play BF4 at ultra settings with mostly 60 FPS, much better than I thought when I got the game. Now I'm just waiting for Nvidia to hopefully release the mid range maxwell cards by the end of this year.

You should stop by the PC thread, lots of helpful and intelligent folks in there.

Ocho

EDIT: The whole point that was in my mind, which I did not make clear, is that when I do get a reasonable gaming PC sometime this year, it should be capable of better overall fidelity (re: anything to do with graphics) than what PS4 can do.
I'm thinking about other things besides BF3 and BF4 too.

Well... it will.

Kabuto

I watched part of the live stream and all of the YouTubers' videos of Naval Strike; I'm really hyped! China Rising was pretty underwhelming and Second Assault was good but we were already really familiar with the maps. This is the first dlc with new maps & a game mode that actually look really good.

R30 Server Update
-Players will no longer be able to pick up deployed AA mines
-Players will no longer be able to equip an AA mine together with rocket launchers
-Fix for an issue where players could have two Javelin projectiles in the air at the same time
-Javelin damage has been reduced from 34% to 30%
-Active Radar cone on the Ground Active Radar Missiles has been reduced from 5 degrees to 2 degrees
-Reduced the resupply time of the Flares from 25 to 20 seconds
-Reduced the resupply time of the ECM from 30 to 25 seconds
-Increased the resupply time of Active Protection from 30 to 35 seconds
-Bullpup weapons with 1x sights should now all properly benefit from increased movement speed while aiming down the sight
-Increased the damage of the CBJ-MS all ranges to better balance its low rate of fire
-Reduced the direct damage of the Attack Helicopter Zuni rockets as they were slightly too powerful after the last adjustment - as a result that last increase has been toned down to 50%
-Increased the side to side recoil of the AWS to balance it with other 800 RPM LMGs and keep its unique firing behavior
-Reduced the damage of the FIM-92 Stinger and SA-18 IGLA to 35% from 45% against Scout, Attack Helicopters and jets
-Toned down the helicopter flip caused by FIM-92 Stinger, SA-18 IGLA and Starstreak HVM-2 impacts

Here are all the stealth changes for those who are interested.

First they nerfed my L85, then they nerfed my AS VAL and now they nerf my AWS. Damn it DICE, stop spoiling my favourite weapons :(

this is a lot of balancing to just be a ninja patch... RIP AWS :[

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eh, I doubt the AWS nerf stops it from being the hand of god.

Even if they nerfed it too much I'll probably still get good use out of it. That MG36 clone.

"FACE ME! PROVE YOUR LOYALTY!"

Ark

I really like the CR maps.

I'm surprised by how many that don't like them.

Dragon Pass feels too big to me but I've come to like it recently, especially for tank usage. Silk Road and Guilin Peaks are fantastic maps though, I just wish they had some levolution.

Dragon Pass feels too big to me but I've come to like it recently, especially for tank usage. Silk Road and Guilin Peaks are fantastic maps though, I just wish they had some levolution.

This far into game, I think I can say that I'm not the biggest fan of large scale levolution.

The small scale/interactive stuff is great though.

In light of infantry only shit like Locker and Metro, Guilin peaks really works great.

I really enjoy them too. Altai Range leaves a bit to be desired and Dragon Pass is only decent when you're in a Scout Helicopter, but the other two are amazing

Yeah, whilst I like Altai, there is nothing special about it at all.

Ark

This far into game, I think I can say that I'm not the biggest fan of large scale levolution.

The small scale/interactive stuff is great though.

In light of infantry only shit like Locker and Metro, Guilin peaks really works great.

I agree to an extent, but Shanghai becomes a far more enjoyable map once you bring down the skyscraper. Although thinking about it, Shanghai is really the only levolution event that's worth talking about.

I really enjoy them too. Altai Range leaves a bit to be desired and Dragon Pass is only decent when you're in a Scout Helicopter, but the other two are amazing

Altai Range has become my 'jump in an IFV and drive from B to E to G and repeat' simulator.

Shanghai becomes a far more enjoyable map once you bring down the skyscraper.

Ehhhhhh. I mean don't get me wrong that levolution thing is actually somewhat worthwhile, but it turns the map into shit visually speaking. I wish you didn't have as as much clutter when you bring down the skyscraper.

TheSeks

I agree to an extent, but Shanghai becomes a far more enjoyable map once you bring down the skyscraper. Although thinking about it, Shanghai is really the only levolution event that's worth talking about.

ghGDHXF.gif

Bombless

But Bombless: It was always useless.

Dropping fire-and-forget made it pure hot flaming trash from the get-go.

Shame no one locks things for the SRAW to be the one-true Javelin.

At 34 damage + Mobility kill it was pretty good. The dual strike was ridiculous however. Shame no one locks things period. And when I do it, all the dumbasses are running with SMAW/RPG7.

OK CTF was just confusing. I had no idea how to play it properly. Maybe I'm just too slow for it?

But the Conquest combeack with a bunch of fellow gaffers at Paracel was just awesome. We were down by 300 tickets at one point.

TheSeks

OK CTF was just confusing. I had no idea how to play it properly. Maybe I'm just too slow for it?

Er... it's Capture the Flag?

Stay at your base/defend the flag.

If taken and out of a certain range of your base/sit near flag to return it.

If going to enemy base/grab their flag, haul ass to your base to cap it.

CAPS CAN NOT HAPPEN WITHOUT YOUR FLAG AT BASE. IE: No TF2-like "grab their flag and run it to your empty base. Ta-dah, you capped!

Overdoziz

Banned
Today has made me realize that I really don't like playing any of the BF4 gametypes in a competitive manner. Back to messing around in Conquest it is.

flkraven

I am SOOO happy that EA/DICE are releasing a new DLC. I thought I'd give you guys an update on the Xbox 360 version of this game. Since multiplayer update 8 (fucking 8), myself and 5 of my friends occasionally get this:

zoq9OIA.jpg

Likewise, my game crashed twice tonight and is less stable for me than at any time since day 1.

Good to know they are back working on DLC. The people at EA and DICE can eat a dick. Massive supporter of all their games, and when it works, I absolutely love BF4. However, I won't ever buy a game pre-release from them ever again, and will hold off purchasing every single game out there until I know it has been thoroughly beta tested by early adopters. I may even buy used just so I know they aren't getting a dime.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
That legit looks like a GFX card/Driver issue but yeah some of the bugs are kind of ridiculous this long after release.

Omni

I am SOOO happy that EA/DICE are releasing a new DLC. I thought I'd give you guys an update on the Xbox 360 version of this game. Since multiplayer update 8 (fucking 8), myself and 5 of my friends occasionally get this:

zoq9OIA.jpg

Likewise, my game crashed twice tonight and is less stable for me than at any time since day 1.

Good to know they are back working on DLC. The people at EA and DICE can eat a dick. Massive supporter of all their games, and when it works, I absolutely love BF4. However, I won't ever buy a game pre-release from them ever again, and will hold off purchasing every single game out there until I know it has been thoroughly beta tested by early adopters. I may even buy used just so I know they aren't getting a dime.
I've been posting about that too.

Yesterday I deleted all the patches and cleared my HDD cache and after downloading the latest patch again, it has been running perfectly.

SJS

So, I managed to hit a new record today (don't have it anymore, but still):

1972272_1423384604577191_2130366927_n.jpg

Even with how wildly this stat fluctuates, I've managed to stay in the top 1%ish of players over the past week. Alongside my gradual K/D increasing, this has made me a happy man.

I really like the CR maps.

I'm surprised by how many that don't like them.

Altai Range: Great map.
Guilin Peaks: Even greater map.
Dragon Pass: Decent for rush, but HORRIBLE for Conquest. Produces insanely slow games.
Silk Road: This map is hit or miss. If the enemy has a really conservative playstyle on the whole, it can get boring quickly. Otherwise, it's usually decent.

Does quitting before ever deploying count towards your quit percentage?

I don't much care to hop into a game when my team has 20 points left, to the others 600

Milly79

So, I managed to hit a new record today (don't have it anymore, but still):

1972272_1423384604577191_2130366927_n.jpg

Even with how wildly this stat fluctuates, I've managed to stay in the top 1%ish of players over the past week. Alongside my gradual K/D increasing, this has made me a happy man.

Altai Range: Great map.
Guilin Peaks: Even greater map.
Dragon Pass: Decent for rush, but HORRIBLE for Conquest. Produces insanely slow games.
Silk Road: This map is hit or miss. If the enemy has a really conservative playstyle on the whole, it can get boring quickly. Otherwise, it's usually decent.

We need to play soon. :)

As an aside, I don't think I'll be joining anymore Oblit games. Way too chaotic for my taste.

Ark

Ehhhhhh. I mean don't get me wrong that levolution thing is actually somewhat worthwhile, but it turns the map into shit visually speaking. I wish you didn't have as as much clutter when you bring down the skyscraper.

Nine times out of ten that I play that map the C flag turns into a 30-minute long 'lets camp on the rooftop and shoot people coming out of the elevator'. I agree with the clutter thing though.

You know it's true in your heart.

Pretty fun games with Zeouterlimits last night, culminating in an insane turnaround from being 200 tickets down to winning with ~90. I died soooo many times, but that objective play was tons of fun and we did well within the team. I'll take it. :D

Battle Report

To be fair if you'll observe my deaths, you'll notice there were a lot. Guess who got all those revives from me being terrible? My only squadmate. ;D

pff, kills and deaths don't really mean anything in battlefield :D

how far did that one guy get in Battlefield 3 who did a Pacifist run without killing anyone? Lvl 25 or so?

Damn it.

Stop feeding his ego!

It's classic me. I just can't help being so awful that other people feel lifted up.

pff, kills and deaths don't really mean anything in battlefield :D

how far did that one guy get in Battlefield 3 who did a Pacifist run without killing anyone? Lvl 25 or so?

When I started playing BF3 way back in September I set myself the goal of staying at or around 0.5 K/D and I've been there ever since. Having that goal in mind has helped me not worry overmuch about K/D because reaching it is fairly doable and everything after that is gravy. But last night I was just full-on going for objectives with almost no regard for my own safety. Not ideal. XD

Ocho

My brother. That building only helps other people get on roofs. I'll bring it down on min 1 from now on.

Top Bottom