• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

That explanation was unexpected, and there might be some truth to it (I don't know, BF4 is the first BF I actually put effort into), but this is Operation Locker I'm speaking of. I sort of expect people to be using Assault and be using something on it. I also expect them to be literally right next to me because of the way the map is designed.

What I meant from the nerf is that in BF3 as that you can instantly revive someone to 100 hp if they accept the revive, in BF4 you have to charge the paddles to revive someone to full health and the defibs have an ammo counter as well.

I agree with what you said, I should expect someone playing the assault class to have at least a defib. This is actually how it is in BF3, you cannot replace the defibs with anything and if you want to have a grenade launcher of any type you would have to give up your medkit.

I'm of the opinion that some class specific equipment should be mandatory. I really think DICE shoving so much shit into classes has been a bad idea, if they want to add this much stuff they should have went back to having more than just 4 classes IMO.

I've seen quite a few that are running Assault not running defibs at all, mainly on Locker and Metro, because got to get that LVG out to add to the nade spam of course.

Edit: ^^

Yup.

That explanation was unexpected, and there might be some truth to it (I don't know, BF4 is the first BF I actually put effort into), but this is Operation Locker I'm speaking of. I sort of expect people to be using Assault and be using something on it. I also expect them to be literally right next to me because of the way the map is designed.

I run Assault on Locker, but I use the LVG bouncy grenade launcher and medic bag. I'll make your life longer, but I can't revive you. And I play the map the way it was designed: fight down to C and shoot grenades down the lower hallways.

Cronnie

I've seen quite a few that are running Assault not running defibs at all, mainly on Locker and Metro, because got to get that LVG out to add to the nade spam of course.

Edit: ^^

Omni

If I don't walk away with a 3+ k/d each match I'll feel like I've played badly *shrugs*

Don't need to vehicle whore to do well. Just think about the situations you're getting into

Ark

How do people go 34-4.....what cheapness are they doing

Play smart. Learn how the average person plays Battlefield and twist that to your advantage and when you find someone on the other team who breaks that convention, relish in competition with a worthy opponent.

Don't run at the objective, try to flank the enemy. I found that my playstyle works best at mid-range engagements. Try to out-smart the enemy. Also learn how to use tanks, a good tank driver can absolutely change the flow of the game more-so than a pro heli pilot (because tanks can actually cap flags).

Oh, and suppressors. Use them.

Omni

Speaking of suppressors...

Was sneaking into Bravo on Firestorm and a squadmate spawns at me. Which was awesome... Until he sees the guy I've been closing in on in the distance and starts spraying his LMG everywhere without a suppressor. Next thing I know we've got like 8 guys crowding around us and my teammate dies.

I managed to take three of them... But we had no chance. Happens far too often!

Ark

I know that feeling all too well :p I generally just squad-hop into the squad with the highest scoring players until I find a squad I can rely on.

Omni

Well I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but it seems as if deleting all the updates and clearing the cache on Xbox 360 actually stops the freezing and visual glitches :O

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OMG Fersis: Ground Zeroes is amazing. Holy crap, I didn't think I'd enjoy the Sandbox so much but it's pretty good to have a pretty large area to stealth through.

Yup, the gameplaty is amazing. The sandbox mission is quite big too.

BASED KOJIGOD

So apparently there was a ton of stealth nerfs in the server patch yesterday. Not minor stuff, but nerfs to the stinger/igla, nerf to APS, nerf to the AH zunis. All non-minor stuff that DICE has no excuse not announcing.

THey also had buffs to the ECM and flares, and of course, they nerfed the AWS before I could fucking get my hands on it. I knew this would happen (I even mentioned it to Sharp last night).

Question: When they say AA mines can't be used with rocket launchers, they mean all launchers, not just AA launchers? Because that sounds awful.

So apparently there was a ton of stealth nerfs in the server patch yesterday. Not minor stuff, but nerfs to the stinger/igla, nerf to APS, nerf to the AH zunis. All non-minor stuff that DICE has no excuse not announcing.

THey also had buffs to the ECM and flares, and of course, they nerfed the AWS before I could fucking get my hands on it. I knew this would happen (I even mentioned it to Sharp last night).

Question: When they say AA mines can't be used with rocket launchers, they mean all launchers, not just AA launchers? Because that sounds awful.

God dammit!

BTW I added you last night, I was on my last game when it came through though. So I wasn't able to play a bit longer

meshwork

R30 Server Update
-Players will no longer be able to pick up deployed AA mines
-Players will no longer be able to equip an AA mine together with rocket launchers
-Fix for an issue where players could have two Javelin projectiles in the air at the same time
-Javelin damage has been reduced from 34% to 30%
-Active Radar cone on the Ground Active Radar Missiles has been reduced from 5 degrees to 2 degrees
-Reduced the resupply time of the Flares from 25 to 20 seconds
-Reduced the resupply time of the ECM from 30 to 25 seconds
-Increased the resupply time of Active Protection from 30 to 35 seconds
-Bullpup weapons with 1x sights should now all properly benefit from increased movement speed while aiming down the sight
-Increased the damage of the CBJ-MS all ranges to better balance its low rate of fire
-Reduced the direct damage of the Attack Helicopter Zuni rockets as they were slightly too powerful after the last adjustment - as a result that last increase has been toned down to 50%
-Increased the side to side recoil of the AWS to balance it with other 800 RPM LMGs and keep its unique firing behavior
-Reduced the damage of the FIM-92 Stinger and SA-18 IGLA to 35% from 45% against Scout, Attack Helicopters and jets
-Toned down the helicopter flip caused by FIM-92 Stinger, SA-18 IGLA and Starstreak HVM-2 impacts

Here are all the stealth changes for those who are interested.

First they nerfed my L85, then they nerfed my AS VAL and now they nerf my AWS. Damn it DICE, stop spoiling my favourite weapons :(

Omni

-Reduced the direct damage of the Attack Helicopter Zuni rockets as they were slightly too powerful after the last adjustment - as a result that last increase has been toned down to 50%

God forbid the thing actually becomes useful

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

Damn it! They just buffed the got damn Zuni 's and they were far from op. The the thinger file nerds. Let's get some AH time in tonight and see if it made a difference.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Don't know why the nerfed the igla, the stinger I can see but the igla is difficult enough to use as is, considering you have to remain locked on. Taking down choppers is already a thankless task as you hardly ever get any kills.

R30 Server Update
-Players will no longer be able to equip an AA mine together with rocket launchers
-Fix for an issue where players could have two Javelin projectiles in the air at the same time
-Javelin damage has been reduced from 34% to 30%
-Active Radar cone on the Ground Active Radar Missiles has been reduced from 5 degrees to 2 degrees
-Reduced the resupply time of the Flares from 25 to 20 seconds
-Reduced the resupply time of the ECM from 30 to 25 seconds
-Increased the resupply time of Active Protection from 30 to 35 seconds
-Bullpup weapons with 1x sights should now all properly benefit from increased movement speed while aiming down the sight
-Increased the damage of the CBJ-MS all ranges to better balance its low rate of fire
-Increased the side to side recoil of the AWS to balance it with other 800 RPM LMGs and keep its unique firing behavior
-Reduced the damage of the FIM-92 Stinger and SA-18 IGLA to 35% from 45% against Scout, Attack Helicopters and jets
-Toned down the helicopter flip caused by FIM-92 Stinger, SA-18 IGLA and Starstreak HVM-2 impacts

Here are all the stealth changes for those who are interested.

First they nerfed my L85, then they nerfed my AS VAL and now they nerf my AWS. Damn it DICE, stop spoiling my favourite weapons :(

Choppers got some survivability buffs.

Damn it! They just buffed the got damn Zuni 's and they were far from op. The the thinger file nerds. Let's get some AH time in tonight and see if it made a difference.
The reason the zunis got nerfed is that 1 was causing mobility hits on chopper v chopper battles. They haven't been nerfed to their previous state, just enough to prevent 1 hit deciding battles.

Don't know why the nerfed the igla, the stinger I can see but the igla is difficult enough to use as is, considering you have to remain locked on. Taking down choppers is already a thankless task as you hardly ever get any kills.
Yeah, I thought the Igla and stinger do different damage but they don't seem to highlight that in the patchnotes.

Oh, in a genius move they reduced their damage output vs. jets. Because we all know that was becoming a problem...

Yeah, I thought the Igla and stinger do different damage but they don't seem to highlight that in the patchnotes.

Oh, in a genius move they reduced their damage output vs. jets. Because we all know that was becoming a problem...

I don't think I've hit more than one or two jets with AA launchers. :/ At least reward me for landing the shot, jeez.

Fair enough nerfing damage on the fire-and-forget Stinger but the Igla is a pain to keep locked if you're not a pro, especially with the speed they'll get out of range at times.

scogoth

HERP A HERP DERP
They nerfed my overpowered no skill AA weapons so I can't take down an entire fleet of air vehicles by myself!

Go and actually fly something and learn how fucking stupid AA is this game, where one person used to be able to take down helicopter with three people in it. Thank you DICE for realizing that players who put in the time to become good pilots should be rewarded not punished.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
HERP A HERP DERP
They nerfed my overpowered no skill AA weapons so I can't take down an entire fleet of air vehicles by myself!

Go and actually fly something and learn how fucking stupid AA is this game, where one person used to be able to take down helicopter with three people in it. Thank you DICE for realizing that players who put in the time to become good pilots should be rewarded not punished.
Well it definitely is good that they reduced the amount of flipping a hit did to the choppers, because probably 90% of the choppers I took down did not go down because they were reduced to zero damage. Same with jets, I don't think I ever took one down by reducing it's damage to zero, but I have caused a few to crash.

HERP A HERP DERP

Who are you bitching at?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So, if I pick up Premium at the end of next week, which is my next payday, do I get all the battlepacks and other unlocks that are shown on that in-game calendar thing?

HERP A HERP DERP

It can be a bit silly either way at times, I have more a problem with how much helicopters like to give up on life when hit with any sort of missile than being blown up recently. In the last week or so I have taken out more helicopters and had my helicopter taken out numerous times because something has hit me and the whole thing just spins out or launches itself into the nearest building/hill/tree/rock/mountain side. Even with gyro stabilisers sometimes it is pointless the way these things just flip over.

I also kind of wish these maps didn't have the Mobile AA tank vehicles, maps like Langcang and Zavod seem too small as a map to have one on either side that can lock on to pretty much any vehicle in the sky across most of the map, and also hide in the bases so you can't just pull up to them to take them out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Ugh. The first one is majorly WHY.jpg I don't see the problem with picking up the AA mines. If you're going to do that, make SLAM and AT mines not able to be picked up once deployed as well. FFS. :/

The second I can see the issue, but they should limit that to Stinger/IGLA. Those shouldn't be able to be stacked with AA mines. But then I guess peoples counter point is "SLAMS/AT mines can be stacked with Rocket Launchers, so why not remove those as well?"

Bombless

Bah. Time to throw the Javelin back into the useless pile. I get the missile in the air nerf but I really don't understand why it also needed a damage nerf.

Back to SRAW it is. At least I'll be able to shoot down helicopters ahain.

Played with the AWS last night, it didn't feel very different and I didn't know it had been nerfed at the time

TheSeks

Bah. Time to throw the Javelin back into the useless pile.

But Bombless: It was always useless.

Dropping fire-and-forget made it pure hot flaming trash from the get-go.

Shame no one locks things for the SRAW to be the one-true Javelin.

Facism

Speaking of suppressors...

Was sneaking into Bravo on Firestorm and a squadmate spawns at me. Which was awesome... Until he sees the guy I've been closing in on in the distance and starts spraying his LMG everywhere without a suppressor. Next thing I know we've got like 8 guys crowding around us and my teammate dies.

I managed to take three of them... But we had no chance. Happens far too often!

fucking tell me about it. So many times i've flanked an enemy tank without his knowledge only to have Private Derp 2nd class spawn in the hmg and give me away, making what should been a surprise attack into a fair tank battle -_-

EVEN FUCKING WORSE: Spawning on my jihad jeep and firing it's gun so we both get shot into oblivion by the previously unassuming tank i was targeting. I really wish there was an option where you could lock seats in vehicles that you use.

Ugh. The first one is majorly WHY.jpg I don't see the problem with picking up the AA mines. If you're going to do that, make SLAM and AT mines not able to be picked up once deployed as well. FFS. :/

The second I can see the issue, but they should limit that to Stinger/IGLA. Those shouldn't be able to be stacked with AA mines. But then I guess peoples counter point is "SLAMS/AT mines can be stacked with Rocket Launchers, so why not remove those as well?"
I'm guessing they made it no longer possible because they couldn't fix the exploit where people could get infinite AA mines by picking them up right before they are destroyed after shooting a missile.

The second one is weird too, not being able to pick up Stinger/IGLA with the AA mines is a good change, but all rocket launchers? That seems excessive, and like you said doesn't make sense considering the Slams and AT mines.

fucking tell me about it. So many times i've flanked an enemy tank without his knowledge only to have Private Derp 2nd class spawn in the hmg and give me away, making what should been a surprise attack into a fair tank battle -_-

Yeah I absolutely hate when that happens, I mean why is my damn gunner shooting at a helicopter that's 500 meters away, come on. It's even worse when they are just shooting at random stuff and hitting jack shit non stop.

TheSeks

Looking forward to playing Titanfall mode once, getting my 5 C4 kills as quick as I can and then going sniper whoring in the vanilla and second assault maps, never to touch Navel Strike ever again. :3

Kane said:
I'm guessing they made it no longer possible because they couldn't fix the exploit where people could get infinite AA mines by picking them up right before they are destroyed after shooting a missiles.

Wait, there was an exploit with the AA mines... where I could set thousands of them like the BF3 AT mines of yore? And I didn't know about this to terrorize the helicopters with millions of AA mines on the map?

*tears*

turnbuckle

Shields sound interesting. I wonder just how useful they'll be. Do we know if they're destructible yet? I'm having images of lumbering through the slaughter in operation locker hiding behind my sheild and then swinging it around as a melee weapon. I'm sure my fantasy is better than the reality.

Top Bottom