• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

SJS

Only if you can aim, though. :(
I'm glad if I don't have to waste an entire magazine on one guy.

You'd be surprised at how much I miss past mid range. I mean, yeah, I can certainly aim better than the average player, but there *is* shot spamming to do. Rhythmic shot spamming below maximum RPM, but shot spamming nonetheless.

(Though I think DICE has tweaked the headshots to be 1-2 kills now. I did notice a headshot bonus popping up on that. Though it's DAMN hard to get headshots for me with the DMR against Cabrine/etc. with suppression and all that stuff going on, plus big/huge maps)

Headshots are a 2SK. They're not particularly hard for me to get if I'm fighting a "headglitcher" up to mid range (then again, I don't really go for headshots), and actually I would see distance fighting (except at sniper range) as an asset the vast majority of the time. Most people won't even bother distance fighting a DMR and / or react too slowly because they expect AR fire.

Locker is the obvious exception here, but I always use the M16A4 there so I don't need to deal with that haha.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SKS Master Dogtag before I get my last 4 headshots.

NO. D:

Judging by Levelcap's videos, the Naval Strike maps look great. Will play Carrier Assault all day, every day. Shame they dropped the "Escape the exploding titan" though.

Yeah boy.

Taking a couple of days break, before the inevitable 24/7 carrier assault.

Well maybe not 24/7.

Cornbread78

ok, I just booted this up for the first time on my ps4 and I'm try to get into a game with as buddy, but it's telling me I'm not logged into psn/ea servers? i'm online wtf? there is no way to log onto ea servers manually is there?

scogoth

How does it feel knowing that you have 500 kills with a DMR?

PSH PSH PSH PSH PSH

Remember kids, only jerks and people with no soul use DMRs.

Absolutely amazing. No stopping me, Diane.

Remember he doesn't play real modes in battlefield. Pretty OP using the DMR at a constant 50m range and no one ever flanking you. They basically just run in a straight line into your sights in rush.

Join the mumble, we will convert you!

Mobius 1

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

iN4yDYFvxe7aM.jpg

TheSeks

Remember he doesn't play real modes in battlefield. Pretty OP using the DMR at a constant 50m range and no one ever flanking you. They basically just run in a straight line into your sights in rush.

Sabotage is a real mode, gurl.

I've been getting some mad headshots there. Though I'll admit I did get 2-3 to the 50 headshots for the SKS in Rush today.

In any case I gotta repeat this with the M39/US DMR and the Chinese DMR ugh ugh ugh.

And the AWS nerf has made the side-to-side kick a little funky. You still have the INSANE damage and TTK but the side-to-side kinda screw you over. I need to sit in the testing range and see if I can nail that down. I just want my MG36 back, DICE. :( You could've nerfed the damage at least!? D:

TheSeks

I'm about the bring the flag home and I fall inside the ground and into oblivion...smh

I had that happen once on Rush. Something to do with the clipping and mounting animations playing to clip through the ground. Also happens if you spawn on someone while they're prone near a wall or something.

It's kinda horseshit DICE didn't fix that simple clipping issue despite the fact they (finally, but didn't do it in BF3...) fixed the "clipping" of prone by forcing your character to "push up" automatically to make sure your body isn't clipping into places it shouldn't.

Ocho

Remove the algae from your computer, first.

I'm hesitant to get Second Assault. This game will not stop crashing on my PC. It was fine for so long, then sometime around when the Mantle capability was added for AMD I started to get more and more crashes. I get either the kernbase.dll DirectX getdeviceremovedreason error or nvwgf2umx.dll error. Sometimes I can play most of a round, other times it's less than five minutes. I've stress tested my setup without crashes in Valley Benchmark, Furmark, etc. I have tried even underclocking my GTX 780 but that did not help. I ran memtest86+ for hours with no error. I've run DDU in Safe Mode and have reinstalled the game entirely a few times. It's a clean Windows 8.1 install with the game installed on the same drive. I've tried running the DirectX installer in the game directory. I'm running full screen (have tried borderless but that did not help) at 2560x1440. I really don't know what's left to do - no other games are having any problem on my computer, and what's stupid is other people that have the same card as me and are also running Windows 8.1 have no issue. It's a pretty common problem given searches but I've yet to find any kind of fix. Has anyone run into this and fixed it?

edit: Actually think it may be fixed now! Ambient occlusion was disabled in nVidia Control Panel, but enabled in game. I enabled it in the control panel as well. I just played a full round no issues...haven't been able to do that in a long time. It's probably caused by the options being different, so if it's disabled in one area it needs to be disabled in the other, or both enabled. Thanks to avcables for the fix!

Overdoziz

Banned
I think we should keep unlocks, what else will you work towards? I love that I can unlock thousands of things in BF4, keeps things interesting.

Is this game worth getting right now for PS4? Has it been fixed enough and did the community stayed even though they released a broken game? Is it worth the $50+ premium or should I wait more?

I'm honestly asking since I loved BF3 and I just got a PS4.

SpyGuy239

Hey GAF. PC version here.

I still keep getting that bloody sound loop bug that happens when I'm midway into a conquest large 64 player map.

This has happened to me on Silk Road, Caspian Border, which I frequent, and some others as well, possible Guilin Peaks.

I'm running off a i7 960 with a GTX 780, latest drivers for everything, onboard Realtek HD for sound.

Any ideas? I honestly do not know what is causing the problem.

This does not happen with other games like Assassin's Creed 3/4

TheSeks

Nothing to do with hardware, it's DICE's engine problem.

Cantaloup

Is this game worth getting right now for PS4? Has it been fixed enough and did the community stayed even though they released a broken game? Is it worth the $50+ premium or should I wait more?

I'm honestly asking since I loved BF3 and I just got a PS4.

I think it's worth it. There are still network issues (rubber banding) and the kill cam is currently broken, but I haven't had a crash since December (though it may have locked up a couple of times). The multiplayer community is still active and you'll have no problem finding games.

DarkFlow

Banned

I still keep getting that bloody sound loop bug that happens when I'm midway into a conquest large 64 player map.

This has happened to me on Silk Road, Caspian Border, which I frequent, and some others as well, possible Guilin Peaks.

I'm running off a i7 960 with a GTX 780, latest drivers for everything, onboard Realtek HD for sound.

Welcome to the club! I get the same on my i5 4670K and GTX 780. I've givin up on this shitbox of a game. I don't think I've played it in 2 months.

Had my first session on ps4 after nearly a month. I see that the kill cam is still bugged out and got shot around the wall a couple times, but overall not too bad. Will get back in the game once titan mode comes out. I've been playing way too much titanfall on pc with the DS4. I kept pressing L1 for jump and threw grenades instead. Also tried to run on walls unsuccessfully several times. Will be hard to alternate between these 2 games.

scogoth

Yeah the Realtek has always had a problem with battlefield 3/4. If I remember the Realtek included with most x58 mobos had terrible drivers that crashed bf. I bought an Asus sound card for bf3 and never had any issues with bf3. Bf4 haven't had any sound crashes for a few months.

wooooo I just figured out how to get rid of extra boosts!

I had about 50 or so 25% boosts. You just use a boost, and then use another one and the game will ask you if you want to overwrite it, and just click accept. Did this for about 4 or 5 minutes and all my extra boosts were gone :D

Omni

It has just occurred to me that my ability in this game has peaked

hmox.png

Don't mind the excessive play time. I had three months off from university and this is all I played. But still. I think I need to change things up a bit

TheSeks

Finally I can lay the SKS to rest.

Now I have to work on the MP-412 (w)Rex. D:

terrible

Banned
It has just occurred to me that my ability in this game has peaked

Don't mind the excessive play time. I had three months off from university and this is all I played. But still. I think I need to change things up a bit

How long have you been playing the Battlefield series for? I don't even worry about peaking in BF4. I peaked in BF2 lol. Once I learn the maps/weapons in new BF games I'm already as good as I'll ever get. I peak really early.

Infantry account

CQ account

The only reason there's any variation on the CQ account is because I let friends play on it. Once I play for a while after that my stats skyrocket lol.

This game just absolutely hates me today. Stuck on kill cam and won't get to the deployment screen, Instant deaths, gun won't appear until 10~ seconds after deployment.

And the windowed borderless mode still isn't fixed. -_-

TheSeks

MS support is pretty awful and the point conversion they did to local currencies is awful. I can't even use my converted $10 points because of bullshit.

I'm so glad I'm done with consoles and their bullshit policies and conversions and other such shit.

Gol Magnum assignment probably the dumbest piece of game design I've ever seen.

I wouldn't even want the stupid thing if the only decent ranged sniper rifle wasn't buried like 40,000 points into sniper rifle.

I thought dice said they learned from BF3 about how to make a good order of unlocks, guess not.

VariantX

Gol Magnum assignment probably the dumbest piece of game design I've ever seen.

I wouldn't even want the stupid thing if the only decent ranged sniper rifle wasn't buried like 40,000 points into sniper rifle.

I thought dice said they learned from BF3 about how to make a good order of unlocks, guess not.

Yeah it's dumb but the trick is to snipe people climbing further up the tower than you instead of trying to shoot people all over the map. The game doesn't care who you shoot, only if you're on the tower or not. Got it one try doing this silly assignment.

Just booted up the PS4 and my game save is gone. No error code, its like it was never there. Anything I can do?
You'll probably find that your cloud save is now just a backup of your blank save file. So if you didn't have a USB backup of your save file then you're probably SOL. Welcome to BF4.

Yeah it's dumb but the trick is to snipe people climbing further up the tower than you instead of trying to shoot people all over the map. The game doesn't care who you shoot, only if you're on the tower or not. Got it one try doing this silly assignment.

nah, the trick is to snipe people from the safety of a good sniper position then get the 5 tower kills with other weapons. even stuff like C4ing people on the ground counts as long as you're on one of the tower platforms.

Yeah I'll get it sometime, I was 2 tower kills away. I got the ribbon, then switched to engi and tried to get up the tower, but since everyone is trying to do the assignment, that tower is basically a blood bath.

Dr Prob

Banned
What counts as landing on top of the tower for the other one? Does it have to be via parachute or can you just land a chopper up there?

Always fail with the chute, because I am dumb.

What counts as landing on top of the tower for the other one? Does it have to be via parachute or can you just land a chopper up there?

Always fail with the chute, because I am dumb.
As long as your feet touch the top. I got credit for landing on top from parachute via heli and jet and even just hovering or landing a chopper on top then getting out.

Top Bottom