• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'll never get that burn off or top of the tower second assault assignments. :/

I finally unlocked the GOL magnum. That challenge was a real pain in the ass because every sniper on the map is watching those towers to kill you

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I finally unlocked the GOL magnum. That challenge was a real pain in the ass because every sniper on the map is watching those towers to kill you

I ended up getting it by sniping for the ribbon off the tower most of the match, and killing the people who tried to assault me directly on the tower for the other requirement. Killing someone on the tower while you're on the tower technically counts as killing them ''from'' the tower.

Did it on Firestorm though. Caspian's tower is annoyingly explosive, and too much of a gamble.

TheSeks

I ended up getting it by sniping for the ribbon off the tower most of the match, and killing the people who tried to assault me directly on the tower for the other requirement. Killing someone on the tower while you're on the tower technically counts as killing them ''from'' the tower.

Did it on Firestorm though. Caspian's tower is annoyingly explosive, and too much of a gamble.

Apparently Caspian's entrance/elevator that is gone after it Levolution event happens "floor" still counts. Faceless said it did, but when Kane and I tried that on launch it didn't work. It had to be ON the tower.

And speaking of Faceless:

Eh, the burnoff is only hard because no one is camping that tower for the GOL, they're either going to Caspian or already have it/don't care.

The landing and getting 10 kill-streak is the impossible one that I'll never get. But the burnoff I'll never luck into at this rate.

Gol Magnum assignment probably the dumbest piece of game design I've ever seen.

I wouldn't even want the stupid thing if the only decent ranged sniper rifle wasn't buried like 40,000 points into sniper rifle.

I thought dice said they learned from BF3 about how to make a good order of unlocks, guess not.

pff, the M40 is just as good as the GOL.

And yeah, as others have suggested, climb the first platform on Firestorm. Put a Claymore on top of the ladder, shoot people running around nearby with either a sniper+red dot for sniper ribbons or just any gun of your choosing!

Oh, also play on Hardcore Mode to get one-hit-kills.

I was sniping on the top of that Firestorm tower, pretty much on the burner, as I landed at the very very top. Someone somehow got up there (probably the same way I did) and killed me. Spawned in and torched him by hitting the button. Somehow after the round the assignment for landing on the top of the tower didn't light up 1/1. I don't get that ridiculous assignment...I landed at the very highest point...even though I didn't finish the other stuff...that still should have been lit up after the round.

And DICE needs to fix the old assignments that I've completed popping back up. Quite annoying.

Cronnie

I've had ridiculous luck with that assignment, it's the last one I need for Second Assault.

One round I even got 10 kills with the jet, bailed and landed on the top, it didn't pop. So I then got one of my squad mates to pick me up from the top in his attack chopper, proceeded to get another 10 kills which put me on a 20 kill streak, bailed and landed on the top again, still didn't work.

At the end of the round the kill counter did show "10/10", but apparently I hadn't landed on top of the tower.

Was discussing Naval Strike last night and I mentioned that I heard in one of the videos that the maps have no MAA. It wasn't until later that I put two and two together and realized that might have been one of the reasons DICE added the AA mines. (of course, they neglected to consider they could be used on all maps)

Oh, I have a feeling there will be no new CTF maps in the expansion. (Were any of the added game modes supported outside their expansion in BF3). A shame because it's a stellar mode.

mitchman

Gold Member
Pretty excited for this, especially because the last couple of days was almost lag free on PS4 for me.

Same. Very excited about getting some new maps, and the variations looks great. Lots of hidden passages and stuff on the maps apparently, can't wait to go wandering off :)

Was discussing Naval Strike last night and I mentioned that I heard in one of the videos that the maps have no MAA. It wasn't until later that I put two and two together and realized that might have been one of the reasons DICE added the AA mines. (of course, they neglected to consider they could be used on all maps)

Oh, I have a feeling there will be no new CTF maps in the expansion. (Were any of the added game modes supported outside their expansion in BF3). A shame because it's a stellar mode.

CQ DM was added to a lot of the new DLC maps after the CQ expansion pack, I thought.

When the fuck is Scavenger mode coming back?

TheZink

Pretty excited for this, especially because the last couple of days was almost lag free on PS4 for me.

I wish I could say the same. I tried to play last night and rubberbanded for 20 min. Tried to play on 3 different maps and finally quit. It was a bummer.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Naval Strike tomorrow? Any chance of a big patch before the DLC?

CPCunha

Browsing 33 pages of BF4 bugs would take some time so i'll just ask here.

I play as a sniper mostly and i HATE the flickering textures on extreme distance sniping. On large conquest maps like Altai Range and Silk Road, using the hunter scope 40X, whenever i zoom game looks borderline unplayable. Everything if flickering and it makes spoting enemies extremely hard.

I'm using a GTX580... anyone knows the cause of that?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

I play as a sniper mostly and i HATE the flickering textures on extreme distance sniping. On large conquest maps like Altai Range and Silk Road, using the hunter scope 40X, whenever i zoom game looks borderline unplayable. Everything if flickering and it makes spoting enemies extremely hard.

It's not your card, it happens on PS4 too. Probably related to the "Level Of Detail" implementation.

JJD

That's not a bug or glitch. It's divine providence. God's way of telling you to stop using a 40X scope! ;-)

damac

Banned

I have had this since the beginning with a 7950. No matter what driver or patch. Ultra or lower settings, still there.

scogoth

Pretty sure the 40x scope was a joke by DICE

Acorn

Anyone else kinda annoyed how they are handling dlc modes(capture the flag etc)? I think it's silly that they won't expand the modes to more maps.

TheSeks

If i have the room to use it, i do and it works wonders...
... besides the goddamn world flickering like a glitch in the Matrix!

<=0(

You're better off using the 7x/12x and getting out of your starting spawn, bb.

I wish that they'd add another solid carbine into the game. I'm bored with the AK5C but nothing else feels as versatile with a suppressor on it

I mean sure, the M4 is really solid. But the range is awful when suppressed. MTAR is still awesome post-nerf, but outside of CQ you might as well be flinging pebbles with a shovel at the enemy. And for some reason the ACE 21/52 just feel weird to me. Really dislike them. I know they're supposedly the best or something... but I really don't see it

*shrugs*

Maybe I'll just go back to DMRs. That could be interesting.

Maybe it's just that I'm incredibly comfortable with the MTAR, but I do pretty well at range with it.

TheSeks

If you apply to the platoon, please let me know what your id is here so I can put a name to the face and then approve you. Please. Otherwise I'm going to have to deny you.

scogoth

If you apply to the platoon, please let me know what your id is here so I can put a name to the face and then approve you. Please. Otherwise I'm going to have to deny you.

Give up, it was mess in BF3 and its a mess in BF4. Just everyone put a GAF tag on and then we will know when we see you in a server.

TheSeks

Give up, it was mess in BF3 and its a mess in BF4. Just everyone put a GAF tag on and then we will know when we see you in a server.

There's people that are applying that don't have that and that's why I'm asking.

I think I'm just going to deny them.

Acorn

Falling down trophy get!

Finally, for anyone having trouble with it c4 up the escalator on the second rush set A mcom where the rubble is and camp in the train until you see someone go to arm it.

Top Bottom