• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

-Increased the damage of the normal buckshot against targets with Body Armor.

Hallelujah, who cares about netcode or killcam fixes, this is the best news :D More shotgun power!!!111

terrible

Banned
-Significantly improved the suppression from mounted vehicle weapons

In other words: made the game significantly more annoying for infantry.

Just get rid of the suppression mechanic altogether please. It's completely out of place in an arcadey game like this and adds nothing positive to the experience for anyone who can actually hit their target. Leave that kind of thing to games like Red Orchestra.

I like the explosive spam prevention stuff but that above ticks me off since I already HATE suppression beyond belief.

-Increased the damage of the normal buckshot against targets with Body Armor.

Hallelujah, who cares about netcode or killcam fixes, this is the best news :D More shotgun power!!!111

They already dominate close quarters so hard lol. I have to switch to shotguns any time someone starts using them in DOM Lockers. Like.. can't even be competitive unless I do when the other team is using them.

Omni

Well there was a 8mb patch on Xbox 360. No idea what for :lol. Naval Strike ain't up

Interested to see how the M4 feels after that big patch, though. Was using it the other night and thought that it could use some tweaking

the chopper repair rate reduction sucks though, wish they would balance it by bringing back Under the Radar or atleast shortening stinger lock-on distance.

on maps like Paracel Storm the choppers are dead as soon as you are in the air due to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE shooting locking missiles at you :p

mitchman

Gold Member
Lost all my battlepacks, attachments that came from battlepacks and boosts. Wtf?

Just the stats server that has issues, you're not losing anything as it's all stored on the server. Should be a faq item in the OP, it's a common question. Try connecting to a different server.

On a second note, I now regret playing Naval Strike all night instead of sleeping. I can barely keep my eyes up here at work :-| But all for the greater good!

Woo-Fu

Banned
It must have been really bad for them to delay it on PC. It was probably setting computers on fire or deleting partition maps.

mitchman

Gold Member
It must have been really bad for them to delay it on PC. It was probably setting computers on fire or deleting partition maps.

http://mp1st.com/2014/03/20/psa-bat...ks-players-servers-crashes-game/#.UzF5lXM-DHY

Reports are coming in that a recently surfaced security exploit is griefing Battlefield 4 PC users on Commander-enabled servers.

Any PC-side server with Commander slots enabled is susceptible, Battlefield 4 YouTube personality Xfactor Gaming tells us. At the will of any exploiter with the know how, he or she may target any player, causing this message to flash on-screen for roughly five seconds: “No free Commander slots.” Shortly thereafter, all players are kicked from the server and the server crashes.

That's really bad and likely the reason for the delay and the promised fix for commander mode.

Facism

Hopefully we're not waiting weeks for this. Was looking forward to Naval Strike after getting saturated with Dark Souls 2.

Acorn

Just the stats server that has issues, you're not losing anything as it's all stored on the server. Should be a faq item in the OP, it's a common question. Try connecting to a different server.

On a second note, I now regret playing Naval Strike all night instead of sleeping. I can barely keep my eyes up here at work :-| But all for the greater good!
Yup they're back, which map is the Cannon on btw?

Edit I just randomly got 4 gold battlepacks too, not complaining.

Platoon has updated too, Rank 22 already! yuiss....sssitmeansnothing :(
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/5497610660692586200/

why wont they put up Platoon Leaderboards, there still is no point in ranking up.

However! this upcoming update finally makes Platoons worthwhile:

Platoons will receive its first significant update (internally we call it Platoons v1.1), where the primary goal is to make it easier for Platoon members to play together. There’s a couple of things we’re adding to Platoons, but the most significant will without doubt be the ability to see where your Platoon members are playing right now!

On the Platoons home page, you will see a small notice bar when Platoon members are playing (e.g. “4 members are playing”), and clicking that will take you to the new Servers tab, where you will see all the servers your fellow Platoon members are playing on, of course grouped and sorted so the server with the most Platoon members on it is shown in the top.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH
Now you can be a BOAT:
ch_water-722ad758.png

best Portrait unlock ever. Totes worth it instead of actual improvements to the game!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why? Is there an achievement tied to it?

Maybe this'll happen on PC and I can get my last two sniper ribbons with headshots? :D? :D?

mitchman

Gold Member
Yep, dice love setting a nice set of targets for snipers

Fairly difficult to get a clean shot at them, though. The wall hides them pretty much, and nothing else in the landscape is higher up.

And yes, they is a "No Parlay" achievement for killing someone with the cannon.

Acorn

Ha got the cannon kill. On one side it overlooks the hill and it I hit a rock like 2 foot infront of me and killed a guy running up lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Loving the patch notes.

If it doesnt add game breaking glitches we might leave Beta in the next patch!

ChrisW

Isn't the ps4 supposed to download game patches automatically? I have it turned on in the settings, but I've just had to bring it out of standby to trigger the patch, then download naval strike from the store

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Isn't the ps4 supposed to download game patches automatically? I have it turned on in the settings, but I've just had to bring it out of standby to trigger the patch, then download naval strike from the store

It might give you the notification that it's added the patch to it's downloads, but it's probably already complete. The system is essentially just telling you what it's downloaded while it was in standby.

mitchman

Gold Member
Just returned home and no Naval Strike on the US store yet.
Serves me right for being a cheapskate.

I'll dedicate a few kills to you tonight.

Patches are downloaded automatically during the night, around 4 am I believe. See http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788471

ChrisW

It might give you the notification that it's added the patch to it's downloads, but it's probably already complete. The system is essentially just telling you what it's downloaded while it was in standby.
Nah I checked the notifications list and it had only just started

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

Bf4 patches have never downloaded automatically for me, no clue why

You know, now I wonder if that 18th date for NS release wasn't right after all, and they ended up delaying it by a week in the hopes of fixing whatever was wrong. Might explain why they delayed it just before release.

Top Bottom