• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Duesy

Was really looking forward to playing this on PC, but I guess commander mode that no one really uses will delay this.

Cronnie

I don't think the DLC is even available yet. I can't play any NS stuff.

It has been available in Europe for several hours now, I've downloaded and played a few games.

I think he is referring to the fact there are no Carrier Assault servers (as opposed to Carrier Assault Large), same thing with there being Conquest Large but no Conquest servers available.

Oh, and their LVG fix is stupid. The problem was never the fuse, it was the retarded physics. I recall the BF3 LVG dropping like a stone, but the BF4 one has enough energy to bounce from ceiling to floor again multiple times.

I understand why they tweaked the heli miniguns, but now the attack boat ones have different damage? Those things may well shred attack heli's now.

Curious about the AC130 tweaks. I could use the buff, but the respawn time needed to be adjusted in parallel.

terrible

Banned
Oh, and their LVG fix is stupid. The problem was never the fuse, it was the retarded physics. I recall the BF3 LVG dropping like a stone, but the BF4 one has enough energy to bounce from ceiling to floor again multiple times.

I understand why they tweaked the heli miniguns, but now the attack boat ones have different damage? Those things may well shred attack heli's now.

Curious about the AC130 tweaks. I could use the buff, but the respawn time needed to be adjusted in parallel.

Yeah they really needed to fix the AC130 spawn time if they were going to buff it. Everything else has a cool down but commanders can pretty much spam the AC130 24/7. It's really odd.

Yeah they really needed to fix the AC130 spawn time if they were going to buff it. Everything else has a cool down but commanders can pretty much spam the AC130 24/7. It's really odd.

Not only that, because of the high altitude bug it takes AGES to kill it. So unless they fixed that bug this is making the gunship way too powerful, It's are already incredibly frustrating as is.

Ark

Spent about 3 hours playing Naval Strike today and it's just an absolute mess.

I was constantly rubberbanding all over the place (I'm the only one home, internet is fine, etc) and every game was literally one team just steam rolling the other. Also boats. Boats everywhere. That and the sub base is just a massive operation-locker/metro/fuckfest.

Spent about 3 hours playing Naval Strike today and it's just an absolute mess.

I was constantly rubberbanding all over the place (I'm the only one home, internet is fine, etc) and every game was literally one team just steam rolling the other. Also boats. Boats everywhere. That and the sub base is just a massive operation-locker/metro/fuckfest.

Sounds like they are still out to make the game worse...

Ark

Sounds like they are still out to make the game worse...

My biggest problem with these new maps (other than the usual netcode BS) is that you can lock down the entire map with the attack boats and a jet. Whichever is the map with the subbase; that scenario happened to me twice. Once on my team and once against me - and let me tell you, it gets boring.

Hopefully it'll be more lag-free tonight and tomorrow. I've got the week off work so I was hoping to get lots of Naval Strike action in.

My biggest problem with these new maps (other than the usual netcode BS) is that you can lock down the entire map with the attack boats and a jet. Whichever is the map with the subbase; that scenario happened to me twice. Once on my team and once against me - and let me tell you, it gets boring.

Hopefully it'll be more lag-free tonight and tomorrow. I've got the week off work so I was hoping to get lots of Naval Strike action in.
Sounds like they should have added deep water mines instead.

terrible

Banned
it will never be fixed lol

Did they ever fix the rubber banding in BC2 on PS3?

Not only that, because of the high altitude bug it takes AGES to kill it. So unless they fixed that bug this is making the gunship way too powerful, It's are already incredibly frustrating as is.

What is that bug? I don't really fly much but when I have I've never had an issue shooting it down in one pass.

What is that bug? I don't really fly much but when I have I've never had an issue shooting it down in one pass.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gWa7I30Erk
The guy is clearly hitting the enemy but nothing registered until he went to a lower altitude, and this happens with the attack jets as well.

When an aircraft (usually only jets and the gunship) fly at a high altitude, hits no longer register on them, in the case of the gunship, the only way to take it down is to hit it from below and hope most of your hits register.

Some people abuse this shit in dogfights too, they fly high to make sure not a single hit registers, and the only way to actually to deal damage to them is to use lock-ons (heatseekers, active radar, etc).

terrible

Banned
The guy is clearly hitting the enemy but nothing registered until he went to a lower altitude, and this happens with the attack jets as well.

When an aircraft (usually only jets and the gunship) fly at a high altitude, hits no longer register on them, in the case of the gunship, the only way to take it down is to hit it from below and hope most of your hits register.

Some people abuse this shit in dogfights too, they fly high to make sure not a single hit registers, and the only way to actually to deal damage to them is to use lock-ons (heatseekers, active radar, etc).

That's pretty messed up. I'm hoping it's a PC-only thing lol. I don't really plan on flying a ton but if I ever experience that I'm gonna rage.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Sounds like the "out of bounds vehicles not receiving damage" bug, the planes must be leaving the 'playable zone'.

Sounds like the "out of bounds vehicles not receiving damage" bug, the planes must be leaving the 'playable zone'.

Had this happen in the middle of a map sometimes as well, people just fly high and become invincible to jet cannon damage. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by the out of bounds stuff.

SJS

Looking through the patch notes.

They BUFFED the M16A4? I main the thing on Locker and I can assure you that it was already the best AR in the game by far. Jesus christ, this thing is going to be really good now.

Grenade use discouraged on Locker, eh? Should be interesting.

Glad to see some netcode fixes.

Still waiting for the rent a server thing. Does anyone know how much it costs, typically?

Anyone know exactly when Naval Strike is getting released?

Anyone know exactly when Naval Strike is getting released?

It's up now. But the download server must look like this

external_modem.gif

Rey

Ok guys, I'm going to a bit melodramatic now.

WTF is DICE doing?? Was soo excited to play NS tonight. Put my son to bed and got ready with my drink next to me and all I get is HORRIBLE rubberbanding/lag. I cannot believe this shit. I resetted my modem/router more times since BF then in the last 2 years together. I wanna say I'm done with this game but I know i'll just continue trying..pfffff

Valarmorghulis

Neo Member
Installed naval strike and the update file. Now I get stuck in the start screen where you can see the burning ship. WTF Dice? Does anyone have a solution?

Ok guys, I'm going to a bit melodramatic now.

WTF is DICE doing?? Was soo excited to play NS tonight. Put my son to bed and got ready with my drink next to me and all I get is HORRIBLE rubberbanding/lag. I cannot believe this shit. I resetted my modem/router more times since BF then in the last 2 years together. I wanna say I'm done with this game but I know i'll just continue trying..pfffff

Let's play China Rising instead,performance of those maps is still the best.
Would love to play NS myself, but I think the estimated download time is until the year 2039.

Top Bottom