• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Why does EA/DICE hide the DLC in obscure sub-menus? Why isn't it featured in the Store section of the game menu? It's not even highlighted in the new game add-ons. I had to go to the main game page and scroll down to find it buried amongst all the class unlocks. Idiotic.

terrible

Banned
Looking through the patch notes.

They BUFFED the M16A4? I main the thing on Locker and I can assure you that it was already the best AR in the game by far. Jesus christ, this thing is going to be really good now.

Grenade use discouraged on Locker, eh? Should be interesting.

Glad to see some netcode fixes.

Still waiting for the rent a server thing. Does anyone know how much it costs, typically?

Anyone know exactly when Naval Strike is getting released?
The only thing the M16 was best at was jamming when you had to spam in CQ. It was pure torture when I tried using it. It couldn't do anything that I couldn't do with any other AR while manually three round bursting. It needed a buff badly.

The only thing the M16 was best at was jamming when you have to spam in CQ. It was pure torture when I tried using it. It couldn't do anything that I couldn't do with any other AR while manually three round bursting. It needed a buff badly.

So true, especially the jamming part.

terrible

Banned
So true, especially the jamming part.

It'll jam pretty much every time you spam fire, and you absolutely have to spam the fire button to even come close to being competitive vs other rifles up close. I guess I could deal with it being bad in tight if it outclassed everything at range but it doesn't. It's average at range.

Gaz_RB

New DLC maps on PS4 have awful rubberbanding for me right now. Hoping it's just because of the server hit and it will only be temporary.

So fucking annoying. But, as the trend still seems to be with BF4, the maps and the new game mode is awesome and a ton of fun.

Also, I get some bad FPS drops in the carriers.

Milly79

I probably won't even attempt to play it today then, if these are the reports. How are the maps though? Are they a real vehicle fuck fest? I don't mind vehicles at all, just not really into the ones based around them so much. Plus I think the attack boat is just op against infantry that it may ruin it for me. Much rather be on foot than in a vehicle.

Gaz_RB

I probably won't even attempt to play it today then, if these are the reports. How are the maps though? Are they a real vehicle fuck fest? I don't mind vehicles at all, just not really into the ones based around them so much. Plus I think the attack boat is just op against infantry that it may ruin it for me. Much rather be on foot than in a vehicle.

Not so bad. Way more land than I expected.

Butane123

Anyone know if it is avaliable on the Xbox One's marketplace? Wondering if I'm getting some sort of glitch or if it hasn't be put up yet.

Acorn

Laaaaaag ffs. On the plus side og maps are better than ever for me.

I'm never going to get those 5 helicopter destroyed, everyone bails after the mobility hit. They fixed their assignments except from this dumb ass one for the aa mine.

Zareth

Man the new maps for TDM have to be some of the worst designed maps Ive ever seen for that game mode. One is like Locker but even smaller with nothing but corridors and basically no cover and the other 3 are just WAY to large for 10v10.

SJS

So, I took this quick video of the new M16A4 (13 secs). The buff is very noticeable and I can use the M16A4 like a laser now. I merely recommended GAF this gun before the patch but now I'd like to say that you have no excuse not to be using it for Assault:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GgifDZ786A.

Even on the last kill where I move while firing there's almost no spread / recoil to be compensated for. Buff your stats on Locker ASAP, GAF.

Why does EA/DICE hide the DLC in obscure sub-menus? Why isn't it featured in the Store section of the game menu? It's not even highlighted in the new game add-ons. I had to go to the main game page and scroll down to find it buried amongst all the class unlocks. Idiotic.

that's weird, mine came up on the in game store

So, I took this quick video of the new M16A4 (13 secs). The buff is very noticeable and I can use the M16A4 like a laser now. I merely recommended GAF this gun before the patch but now I'd like to say that you have no excuse not to be using it for Assault:

Even on the last kill where I move while firing there's almost no spread / recoil to be compensated for. Buff your stats on Locker ASAP, GAF.

The problem (at least for me) was never the recoil, it was the constant jamming, as terrible mentioned earlier. The recoil even before the buff isn't that bad honestly speaking, and that's not taking into account the extra barrels and grips.

I have no clue what the fuck "G3GC" means, but if he means the G36C that gun was already decent in BF4. Just like it was in BF3. If it got buffed, hoo-boy.

It's not a decent weapon relative to almost every other carbine in the game, there's absolutely no reason to use it as it's outclassed in almost every way by other carbines, that coupled with the pathetic 650 ROF makes it one of the worst carbines in the game. It was considered a pretty good weapon when it had the original 750 ROF (which it still is in BF3 to this day), and honestly I don't recall anyone complaining about it, yet Alan Kertz went Alan Kertz on us and decided to nerf it anyway.

I don't know how good the buff is, but hopefully It'll compensate well for the low ROF it has.

Tubie

Played conquest Nansha Strike and Operation Mortar and I had no lag and rubberbanding was minimal. Maybe I got lucky.

I enjoyed these maps a lot, a lot more than any map from CR or SA.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's not a decent weapon relative to almost every other carbine in the game, there's absolutely no reason to use it as it's outclassed in almost every way by other carbines, that coupled with the pathetic 650 ROF makes it one of the worst carbines in the game. It was considered a pretty good weapon when it had the original 750 ROF (which it still is in BF3 to this day), and honestly I don't recall anyone complaining about it, yet Alan Kertz went Alan Kertz on us and decided to nerf it anyway.

I don't know how good the buff is, but hopefully It'll compensate well for the low ROF it has.

And yet, post "RoF nerf" it still rolled faces for such a "outclassed carbine." *shrug*

G36C was fine as it was, if it got buffed, once again: Hoo-boy.

BC2 modding is getting interesting. Too bad they can't make Stingers to where I'd go back and play BC2.

SJS

The problem (at least for me) was never the recoil, it was the constant jamming, as terrible mentioned earlier. The recoil even before the buff isn't that bad honestly speaking, and that's not taking into account the extra barrels and grips.

I never said the recoil was bad. Relative to other ARs, it was ideal as a matter of fact.

I don't know what this "jamming" issue is. Never had it. If you fire with the appropriate rhythm dictated by the RPM cap it is perfectly usable. I suppose firing in a rhythm isn't intuitive for some people, but for me it is.

Symax

I'm never going to get those 5 helicopter destroyed, everyone bails after the mobility hit. They fixed their assignments except from this dumb ass one for the aa mine.

Mobility hit? SMAW and RPG are usualy a one hit kill. The transport helicopter doesnt count towards the assigment.

Overdoziz

Banned
Rubber banding seems to be mostly on Lost Islands, the rest seems ok.
Had it on every map when I played just now.

I've honestly given up hope on BF4. Rubberbanding is still there after several months, I don't like any of the gametypes and Carrier Assault is a clusterfuck too, vehicle balance is shite, killtimes are too short, etc, etc. I also rarely play on my PS4 so I may just get rid of that as well, maybe get another when Destiny comes around.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Silk Road last set is AWFUL. I know Sco already stated it, but it bears repeating.

I've honestly given up hope on BF4. Rubberbanding is still there after several months, I don't like any of the gametypes and Carrier Assault is a clusterfuck too, vehicle balance is shite, killtimes are too short, etc, etc. I also rarely play on my PS4 so I may just get rid of that as well, maybe get another when Destiny comes around.

BF3 is still gud

terrible

Banned

Put 70 kills into it post patch and it seems ok now so far. I'll need to get another couple hundred kills before I can judge it.

TheZink

I'm just about done myself. Two steps forward and one step back. It's infuriating I paid for this.

so, 3-7 hours to go in the US?

come on UPS, beat the clock!

UPS won.

g72dHc2.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Downloaded Naval Strike... all matches haven unplayable lag.
;__;

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So i log in again to check Naval Strike... i get awarded 4 Gold Battlepacks!!!
Why?

Not complainin' though!

BP1: 25%, Paint
BP2:100%, Camo
BP3:50%x2, Paint
BP4:25%x2,100%

RoKKeR

Naval Strike for PC and Xbox One delayed into early April. lol

Latest update from the blog.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/03/take-the-fight-to-the-sea-with-battlefield-4-naval-strike/comment-page-1/#comments
UPDATE: We wanted to provide more detail about the delay of Battlefield 4 Naval Strike. We have delayed the PC version of Naval Strike because we are concerned that the combination of the pack and planned PC updates would increase performance issues on mid-range to high-end PCs. We are working hard to resolve that issue now. Additionally, we have decided to delay the Xbox One version of Naval Strike because we want to address issues in the animation system that hinder players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations.

We know that many Battlefield 4 Premium owners wanted to play Naval Strike today. However, we didn’t want to release the new content until we believed it was quality content.

We are trying to resolve these problems as quickly as possible and hope to release the update in early April for Xbox One and PC. We also want to remind Xbox One and PC owners of Battlefield 4 Premium that they will have two weeks early access for Naval Strike once it’s released. Thanks for your continued patience and passion for our games.

Thanks for waiting for the day it was supposed to release to give us this info DICE, much appreciated.

RaptorGTA

antonz

Kabuto

Naval Strike for PC and Xbox One delayed into early April. lol

Latest update from the blog.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/03/take-the-fight-to-the-sea-with-battlefield-4-naval-strike/comment-page-1/#comments

Thanks for waiting for the day it was supposed to release to give us this info DICE, much appreciated.

iANlfg1ugBged.jpg

You're right, the biggest problem with this announcement isn't the delay itself, but that they did it so last minute. There is no way they found game breaking bugs HOURS before a release and FOR TWO DIFFERENT PLATFORMS. I gave benefit of the doubt to DICE before, but this is just really pathetic.

VariantX

Good lord, the rubber banding in the new maps is probably even worse than ive experienced before. I can tolerate a little bit every now and then, but its just constant and gets worse as the match goes on. I wonder what exactly did they do differently from BF3 to BF4??

Top Bottom