• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

So i log in again to check Naval Strike... i get awarded 4 Gold Battlepacks!!!
Why?

Not complainin' though!

BP1: 25%, Paint
BP2:100%, Camo
BP3:50%x2, Paint
BP4:25%x2,100%
I think they keep tweaking the BP probabilities. At this rate, I'll never make 500 25% XP boosts.

AmyS

Never understood what all the complaints about rubberbanding were as I don't think I really experienced it before. That is, until today with Naval Strike. It's fucking horrible in Carrier Assault.

This is by far the worst thing I've ever experienced from BF4 and I've been playing nearly every single day since launch.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Getting kills with the Wrex is nearly impossible. :/ I got like 25-26 more kills to do and damn if I can nail these freaking shots with that trigger lag or whatever.

Omni

Downloaded latest patch and Naval Strike on Xbox 360. First game... Get stuck on an endless black loading screen.

this is gonna be fun

Never understood what all the complaints about rubberbanding were as I don't think I really experienced it before. That is, until today with Naval Strike. It's fucking horrible in Carrier Assault.

This is by far the worst thing I've ever experienced from BF4 and I've been playing nearly every single day since launch.

I can't remember the last time I played a game without at least a little bit of rubber banding. It's part of my life now.

the Obliteration layouts are cool.

What happened earlier, when you were in the attack boat and I had the bomb, everyone was spamming GO GO GO! lmao

And I'm assuming no Rush, on NS yes?

Rush is not that bad to be honest.. Won all games with Dakar Sharp Bkak and company.
Only real hectic part is under the waterfall for the B m-com for the last set. (Don't recall which map though)

Naval Strike for PC and Xbox One delayed into early April. lol

Latest update from the blog.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/03/take-the-fight-to-the-sea-with-battlefield-4-naval-strike/comment-page-1/#comments

Thanks for waiting for the day it was supposed to release to give us this info DICE, much appreciated.

dice.001.gif

olimpia84

I've played three different maps, all in Conquest and I liked what I saw. Granted, I was put on a good team and we dominated but as far as the flags placement and overall design the maps seem pretty good.

TheSeks

Rush is not that bad to be honest.. Won all games with Dakar Sharp Bkak and company.
Only real hectic part is under the waterfall for the B m-com for the last set. (Don't recall which map though)

Huh, so they did make Naval Strike Rush compatible. That'll be interesting with how bad the Attack Boats are. Oh god... defending... Oh god...

The Faceless Master said:
>>Surface Pro<<

Ew. Windows 8.1 Tablet.

I kinda want one but NO APPZ and Meh-tro.

But no, I was talking about Sabotages layout.

Kak.efes

Rush isn't bad, I was getting crazy lag spikes though (probably on my end), and opted to stay back and snipe, which I'm terrible at, but on these maps, it was surprisingly effective.

Didn't get an opportunity to try anything else.

TheSeks

real windows has all the apps.

i saw Metro on 1st boot for a few seconds.

Yeah, but is real Windows tablet ready? I tried a cheap Toshiba at work and it kept flipping the damn screen around due to that stupid iPhone vert/horizontal bullshit that all phones and tablets are copying. While it was "functional" in some ways, getting the start menu to pop along with that gyrosensor was annoying as hell.

I do like the idea of a tablet with pen + snap-on keyboard which is why I want a Surface, myself. But not at $500 with Metro attached, no no no.

Rush isn't bad, I was getting crazy lag spikes though (probably on my end), and opted to stay back and snipe, which I'm terrible at, but on these maps, it was surprisingly effective.

Didn't get an opportunity to try anything else.

It's not just Rush. It's Sabo and other stuff. Though you're on PS4 so it's Naval Strike in general. But the packet-loss and tickrate hinder the game more than anything. :/

I'll reserve judgement on Rush on Naval Strike until I see it for myself, but I HATE defending against the Attack Boat on Paracel Storm first set. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL with a good pilot being able to dodge a shit ton of rockets and mow anyone trying to Javelin them (THANKS OBAMA DICE FOR NERFING THIS FROM FIRE AND FORGET) to death.

Yeah, but is real Windows tablet ready? I tried a cheap Toshiba at work and it kept flipping the damn screen around due to that stupid iPhone vert/horizontal bullshit that all phones and tablets are copying. While it was "functional" in some ways, getting the start menu to pop along with that gyrosensor was annoying as hell.

I do like the idea of a tablet with pen + snap-on keyboard which is why I want a Surface, myself. But not at $500 with Metro attached, no no no.
i tried a Surface Pro and it's awesome!

Omni

You can disable that crap, by the way. It was the first thing I did when I got my Surface

demolitio

This is horrible. Nothing better than getting new maps to play just to find out that you're lagging worse than Lancang Damn on launch day!

They truly still can't believe that they're going to dethrone COD in the near future, right? They ended up ruining their chances in doing that themselves with BF4's launch and its shitty servers. They made sure some of the biggest BF fans in the world will wait before buying the next one yet they're supposed to overtake COD in EA's eyes? Crazy talk. The gameplay is there mostly, but that doesn't mean a thing if people struggle to play the game due to the issues.

What's the point of talking about next-gen gameplay and visuals if you don't even have the servers or netcode to showcase them? It's like giving me a Ferrari that only goes 20 MPH.

This is horrible. Nothing better than getting new maps to play just to find out that you're lagging worse than Lancang Damn on launch day!

yeah Carrier Assault is hilariously broken, it doesn't even show the Packet Loss icon in there :D

i mostly play classic maps as they tend to work mostly OK now. Sucks that there's no servers with ALL maps on rotation. Can't be arsed to select expansion packs separately every time i want to change maps.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Rubberbanding is absolutely horrid.
even in 20 man games, this is turning to the unplayable side.

Had a few good carrier assault games. That gametype is absolutely slick. Love it.
Just hate that the lag is crap.

One of the maps takes a good 2 minutes to load, too.
AKA
I'll spawn and the ground underneath me is.. well, not there. I'm floating above water and can see some half loaded buildings around.

Unfinished. Period.

manzo

maybe for Battlefield 5, i mean, its coming out in 6 months! :D

I can't understand why they didn't have them in the first place? That's free money for EA and I'm willing to be a part of the problem.

Edit: carrier assault large is unplayable on PS4. Awful rubberbanding and no hardcore servers available. Absolutely disgusting.jpg

I remember Titan Assault in BF2142 - it took ages until you could actually go into a Titan without heavy stuttering and lag. So I guess I wasn't really surprised that Carrier Assault doesn't work as planned.

At least Rush works fine for me so I can check out the new maps. So fun driving with the hovercraft through that small tunnel when someone is walking towards you - no way to hide in that case.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
After trying for weeks and weeks to get the jet fighter ribbon on the previous maps, I played one match of Obliteration on Lost Islands and got the two jet fighter ribbons I needed. Thank you based attack jets and based no mobile AA.

(I still got blown up like three times just by two engineers with stingers)

Anyway, I really like the new maps. Can't wait for the bigger modes to be properly playable.

ChrisW

DICE sure know how to make a good trailer, one for Naval Strike is great!

Only played a few games last night, but I was rubber banding all over for nearly three matches!

New guns any good?

AWS is a laser man. It full autos like a mid tier carbine, I was a m240b fan before but now it isn't even close.

Yep, can't see myself going back to the MG4 unless they nerf it considerably(which they probably will)

edit: Muzzle brake and stubby grip and that thing is a full auto laser gun.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The new maps look quite cool, i only could play one match without crazy ruberbanding.
Ended up playing Commander Mode... which still doesnt award Battlepacks when you rank up.

Top Bottom