• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

I can't understand why they didn't have them in the first place? That's free money for EA and I'm willing to be a part of the problem.

Edit: carrier assault large is unplayable on PS4. Awful rubberbanding and no hardcore servers available. Absolutely disgusting.jpg

they definitely had rentable servers for ps4 at one point. i saw them on the marketplace. i even made a post in the bf4 console thread asking if people were interested in doing it and offered to cover the cost.

edit: just googled it and apparently dice/ea said earlier this month that rental servers are coming for ps4 at some point. odd, because i absolutely saw the option on the ps4 marketplace sometime after launch. either november or december.

burnfout

Lag was so fucking bad this morning I could not even select RPG of AT Mines.

Fucking guy would lower his weapon, and raise it again.

This game is an embarrassment.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
PS4 players, try Rush! We had close to a full team of GAF last night playing NS on Rush and there was no lag or rubber banding. These maps also seem to be set up half decent for rush, but ticket count is still to low.

Acorn

Why the fuck can you not to on the top of your carrier after its been blown. Enemies camp up there with javelins. Ffs dice.

G_Berry

Banned
They have been delayed until early April according to DICE

Yup, just found it..

We know that many Battlefield 4 Premium owners wanted to play Naval Strike today. However, we didn’t want to release the new content until we believed it was quality content.

L O FUCKING L

Downloaded Naval Strike... all matches haven unplayable lag.
;__;

I was having the same issue last night then I booted up my PC so I could see pings in the server browser (ridiculous I can't just do this on the console itself) and joined the lowest ping server I could find and had very little rubber banding for the remainder of the evening

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Yup, just found it..

We know that many Battlefield 4 Premium owners wanted to play Naval Strike today. However, we didn’t want to release the new content until we believed it was quality content.

L O FUCKING L

Meanwhile, DICE takes a giant dump on PS4 owners heads.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PS4 players, try Rush! We had close to a full team of GAF last night playing NS on Rush and there was no lag or rubber banding. These maps also seem to be set up half decent for rush, but ticket count is still to low.

75 tickets? 75 tix is fine with 32 players. If you're playing 64, it's too bananas.

Zareth

I was having the same issue last night then I booted up my PC so I could see pings in the server browser (ridiculous I can't just do this on the console itself) and joined the lowest ping server I could find and had very little rubber banding for the remainder of the evening

How do you check the ping itself in the server browser from a PC? when ever I load up the server list this way the ping area is just blank.

TheSeks

I'd be happy if Battlefield was handled by a different developer from now on.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I'd say DICE really needs a break on the EA "yearly release" treadmill.

How do you check the ping itself in the server browser from a PC? when ever I load up the server list this way the ping area is just blank.

You have to make sure to install the plug in a little yellow arrow facing down will be glowing yellow at the top of the page prompting you to download

Cronnie

Hmmm that's odd, they show up fine for me and a few other friends I play with as well.

Have you tried a different browser or device to see if that works?

i think it's time for Dice to hire some outside help with these network issues. it's clear they don't have the ability to fix it at this point.

Symax

Any tips for a aa mine kill?
Join a ctf server. Drive with the AA to the enemy's attack shopper spawn point. As soon as the chopper spawns, damage it with the maing gun and place down your aa mines. You need to be very close to the spawnpoint otherwise they will flare your aa mines.

Its also an easy way to get the five kills needed for the AA mine assigment. Just camp the spawnpoint with an RPG and you will get your kills in one round.

Step 1: have a recon use a pld to target all incoming vehicles on defense in rush NS.
Step 2: use the stationary launcher on top of the hill.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit.

I was pissed yesterday. IF they had told me that they were delaying the maps last week, I would have thought they were being smart about it.

But to wait till release day? Tells me they have no clue whats going on.

Acorn

Join a ctf server. Drive with the AA to the enemy's attack shopper spawn point. As soon as the chopper spawns, damage it with the maing gun and place down your aa mines. You need to be very close to the spawnpoint otherwise they will flare your aa mines.

Its also an easy way to get the five kills needed for the AA mine assigment. Just camp the spawnpoint with an RPG and you will get your kills in one round.
That's genius, time to try it. Never realised it was on any map.

TheSeks

Yeah i got 9kills with 2 missiles.. i dont know who was targeting them though wasn't my squad

This changes EVERYTHING.

Guess I need to run a SOFLAM set-up and stationary AT my locks if you're not shitting me. At least then my locks will get SOME use.

Facism

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I'd say DICE really needs a break on the EA "yearly release" treadmill.

EA doesn't make them put anti-air mines in the game, or GODLIKE MAA that locks down airspace on it's own, or active radar missiles, or shitty disable mechanics for vehicles, or shitty levolutions that add 0 to most maps, or Operation Locker/Metrcunt, or terrible fucking netcode and hitreg.

:3

can't find the enthusiasm to play this anymore, tbh. Was looking forward to Naval Strike.

TheSeks

can't find the enthusiasm to play this anymore, tbh. Was looking forward to Naval Strike.

Aw... no more sexual innuendo/flirting with me from Facism. :(

EA doesn't make them put anti-air mines in the game, or GODLIKE MAA that locks down airspace on it's own, or active radar missiles, or shitty disable mechanics for vehicles, or shitty levolutions that add 0 to most maps, or Operation Locker/Metrcunt, or terrible fucking netcode and hitreg.

-AA mines aren't are powerful as people make them out to be. 9/10 of the time, I get a mobility bonus but no kill (unless I stinger combo them) and someone else steals the kill with a stinger since they do 60% MAX damage.
-MAA is broken, yes. It was the same in BF3. DICE didn't learn, we know.
-Dunno about active radar, new and I don't fly.
-Shitty disable I'll agree with. DICE ruined that.
-Levolutions is stupid, yes. But that isn't really a MAJOR complained.
-Metro/Locker are awful maps, yes. But the others are mostly playable outside of dildos Rush sets, but that's not really a MAJOR complaint (okay, it is in Rush/my case, but...)

Acorn

The maps are rubberband Central for 64 player game types anyway. You aren't missing much, especially with the carrier health being so low.

scogoth

Aw... no more sexual innuendo/flirting with me from Facism. :(

-AA mines aren't are powerful as people make them out to be. 9/10 of the time, I get a mobility bonus but no kill (unless I stinger combo them) and someone else steals the kill with a stinger since they do 60% MAX damage.
-MAA is broken, yes. It was the same in BF3. DICE didn't learn, we know.
-Dunno about active radar, new and I don't fly.
-Shitty disable I'll agree with. DICE ruined that.
-Levolutions is stupid, yes. But that isn't really a MAJOR complained.
-Metro/Locker are awful maps, yes. But the others are mostly playable outside of dildos Rush sets, but that's not really a MAJOR complaint (okay, it is in Rush/my case, but...)

As an avid user of active radar, its the dumbest weapon DICE has ever put in a game. The range is absurd, its incredibly easy to use, there is little to no warning before it hits and its fire and forget so you can switch back to main gun and take done air almost instantly.

The most powerful weapons should be the most difficult to use which is the exact opposite of what DICE has done. Lowering the capacity of rockets has changed nothing.

This changes EVERYTHING.

Guess I need to run a SOFLAM set-up and stationary AT my locks if you're not shitting me. At least then my locks will get SOME use.

Haven't tested with a soflam though. The thing is i never saw a huge square over the target. All i did was use the stationary launcher and then when i started aiming at a vehicule it started the lock on then it said to shoot. It shot up in the sky like a javelin then landed me massive kills. Might have been a glitch? Since i had a javelin on me. Who knows. I'll test it later when i get home. (In 2 hours)
Edit: map was operation mortar. Stationary launcher was the first set of defense highest hill in the middle close to bravo iirc

Then why dont we abuse of it??
They're so situational. You have to know where they are, know a target is designated, and not be under fire since you'll be a sitting duck at the position.

Edit: inspired by your shellacking I jumped on one late in a game last night and slaughtered far more infantry than I should have. It was like a variant of the sraw rooftop mini game from a few weeks back.

For those who played it, do they lighten up on the QTEs in Tomb Raider 2013? I just started the game for the first time and I'm really close to just shutting it down.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
They're so situational. You have to know where they are, know a target is designated, and not be under fire since you'll be a sitting duck at the position.

Edit: inspired by your shellacking I jumped on one late in a game last night and slaughtered far more infantry than I should have. It was like a variant of the sraw rooftop mini game from a few weeks back.

That sraw night was legendary. I am still smile thinking back to it. How did none of us get any hate mail?

Top Bottom