• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Cornbread78

Random question here. Is there a save bug with BF4 on PS4? I went to log in and play more of teh SP last night and boom, my save file was gone... WTF?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Golmund is like a even more shit version of Harvest Day in BfC2 but at least on that map infantry had some options not many

YeZLJKD.gif

Correct answer for "shit" would've been "Oasis." Fuck that map TWICE for coming back in Bad Company 2 after Bad Company 1. SO AWFUL.

Vehicle wanking on Golmund and Harvest Day is fine. The issue with Golmund (which isn't an issue with Harvest Day) is that the Rush variant is basically "keep climbing" for attackers and if the tank drivers are good a basic steamroll for the attackers.

In other news: Golmund Railway has joined my *auto quit* list. I get the appeal if you want to wank vehicles for half an hour, but fuck that. Dreadful map otherwise.
It's so big and sparse, it's just utterly boring. Putting it right before Locker is a god-tier troll by DICE.

ChrisW

So the AKU-12 is quickly after the 2 hours of use starting to take over as my primary assault and engineer main weapon, great recoil to control and range is better

It's so big and sparse, it's just utterly boring. Putting it right before Locker is a god-tier troll by DICE.

I agree, but only because going from Golmud to Locker is a huge downgrade.

Lots of great infantry fights in the two giant warehouses, the small town, and the railway/rocks in between. It's a good mix of vehicles and infantry. Vehicles don't have many places to hide out in the open, either.

I agree, but only because going from Golmud to Locker is a huge downgrade.
You'd be wrong, though, because you can quit after Golmud. If you want to play locker, you have to play through Golmud.

Lots of great infantry fights in the two giant warehouses, the small town, and the railway/rocks in between. It's a good mix of vehicles and infantry. Vehicles don't have many places to hide out in the open, either.
I have never seen the appeal of fighting on foot at F. Most of the people who flock to it go to the to snipe. The A-B-C trifecta is ok, but running to C is a hassle, and A-B will get bogged down by people with spawn beacons in the houses in the streets above.

Anyway, some obvious predictions to DICE upgrading their infrastructure – Rubberbanding on Dam and Resort won't be completely removed; Instead they'll just be minimized because completely removing it would be even more expensive hardware.

I'm curious, though, as to whether this will have any effect on the massive frame-rate drops when the hotel wings collapse.

Hystzen

YeZLJKD.gif

Correct answer for "shit" would've been "Oasis." Fuck that map TWICE for coming back in Bad Company 2 after Bad Company 1. SO AWFUL.

Vehicle wanking on Golmund and Harvest Day is fine. The issue with Golmund (which isn't an issue with Harvest Day) is that the Rush variant is basically "keep climbing" for attackers and if the tank drivers are good a basic steamroll for the attackers.

Oh yeah I mentally blocked out Oasis if you ended up with a team who had no idea how handle choppers and tanks you might well just bend over.

Both Harvest and Golmund have issues of having huge empty areas where crossing on foot is impossible as you get spammed by snipers (fuck that noise they make psssh psssh psssh) and tank fire. Reason hated harvest was in rush you faced with open field of death straight away as a attacker even your tanks get mauled due to anti tank placements defenders have.

Kabuto

Operation Mortar is a horrible map. The only way you can do good on that map is if you're a sniper, jet pilot, or have a good squad that never dies. It's literally a giant island of grass with some huts on it.
QQ

cjp

Why am I so bad at this game?

When I used to play Resistance 1 I used to get a K/D ratio of just above 2 and in COD 4 I used to hover around 1.8 but I can barely break an even 1 on BF4 lol.

Not doing great in Shadow Fall either, that's only around 1.2.

Maybe I need to find a team that actually works together?

Help me, GAF.

Dr Prob

Banned

UR AWFUL! Oasis was great. Yeah, the chopper may have been a tad strong in BC2, perhaps a smidge overpowered, and the UAV would, on occasion, destroy your AA the second it spawned, but even with those small hiccups it was still more fun than just about any rush map that's been released in BF3 or 4.

Reason hated harvest was in rush you faced with open field of death straight away as a attacker even your tanks get mauled due to anti tank placements defenders have.

The thing is though, you didn't have to cross the open field of death. You could go around and flank and work from the outside in, a concept that has seemingly been lost. Now the rush maps are all narrow and there's no freedom and the whole thing sucks.

In happier news: realized last night that I had never used the spectate function and decided to try it out. It's pretty fucking cool. Ended up watching a Flood Zone match with a focus on the rooftop snipers; if someone just streamed this 24/7 I'd watch the hell out of it. Lots of funny shit going on up there.

i feel the naval strike maps really suffer from team imbalances more than the other maps. perhaps it's the combo of attack boats roaming around + relative lack of cover but it's especially difficult to have a solid game if your team sucks on these maps.

TheSeks

UR AWFUL! Oasis was great. Yeah, the chopper may have been a tad strong in BC2, perhaps a smidge overpowered, and the UAV would, on occasion, destroy your AA the second it spawned, but even with those small hiccups it was still more fun than just about any rush map that's been released in BF3 or 4.

No. Even in BC1 it was an awful awful map because of no MANPADs. If it was brought back in BF3-4 it would've been a Stinger/IGLA-fest of taking the helicopter down in seconds with the Javelin taking Tanks down in seconds.

AWFUL AWFUL map. Why it's a "fan favorite" I'll never know. Same for "Bridge Too Far" from Modern Combat.

The thing is though, you didn't have to cross the open field of death. You could go around and flank and work from the outside in, a concept that has seemingly been lost. Now the rush maps are all narrow and there's no freedom and the whole thing sucks.

Funny enough, I'm arguing this point to someone on reddit about the Rush variation in BF3-4 being awful.

Stick with A-C and it's actually quite fun with lots of infantry action. Once you have to cap flags elsewhere, it's not fun anymore.

A-C flags on Golmud conquest is one of my favorite areas in the game. F flag though is like a death trap for everyone who goes near it

Hystzen

Strange game today where the attacking team on Oman Rush just sat on the deployment cruiser chilling with sniper rifles or hang around objective A after taking it.

Ended up just chilling in a building near B taking odd shot now and again at the 1 poor squad who bothered to attack B

Dr Prob

Banned
ATTN: Elzar, Che and Tunesmith: Don't blame you guys for not accepting chrisUK's mission. It's the wise move, it was over before it began.

*reclines on throne*

VariantX

Wow. The improvement on 64 player games on the test servers are no joke. I had a 4/5 bar connection to the EU test servers from the US east coast on PS4 and I didnt experience any rubberbanding whatsoever. I cant even get that kind of experience with a 5-bar connection in my own region. Its like im playing a totally different game. I notice all of the servers were only running operation mortar though. I dont want to get too excited when I have no clue how it will perform on any other maps though.

That's me. GG.

Sorry for bailing out of the transport chopper,
although I did warn everyone through the Commo Rose before jumping out. ;)

No worries.

ATTN: Elzar, Che and Tunesmith: Don't blame you guys for not accepting chrisUK's mission. It's the wise move, it was over before it began.

*reclines on throne*

That throne is brittle... You better watch your back, old (maybe young) man.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

I can imagine handling prop physics data alongside everything else is hugely demanding, but this is a perfect example of how DICE really needs to get their shit together and quit the graphics/presentation wank and focus on making a game that just fucking works and is balanced for all parties involved. Battlefield 4's presentation feedback relative to mechanics is fucking terrible for a competitive online multiplayer game. I get that stuff like this can be incredibly difficult to work out, but a good developer takes this into consideration and either reduces complexity or cuts it entirely.

TheSeks

He actually did do a video on FoV wallhacking thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86l48EuvdNY

That issue happened in BF3 as well. But my major WTF at the previous one is the fact that the player isn't even syncing up in the view of the third person. After going right a certain bit he's completely obscured by first person view. It's making me wonder if that's FoV issue more than a sync issue.

----

I keep saying I'm done with Urock but it's the only server with slots free when I want to play. *sigh* Server is hot shit with the random lagspikes.

---

Tank being able to get into the underground mall of Shanghai is fucking stupid and needs to be fixed.

TheSeks

Why? its extremely vulnerable down there and it can also get into D so getting into B is only fair.

Doesn't matter. The size of that hallway doesn't make any sense when the front can't shove a tank down it just as easily due to depth and other issues. Fucking thing is bullshit in holding a flag/objectives regardless of mode when you can't hit the goddamn thing due to it being protected in three of four sides.

At this point Seige that isn't Sabotage is pretty much an auto-quit for me.

/And before "MUH DAMAVAND" defense: Tank vs Tank vs Engineers in a "hallway" that can be attempted to hit. Tank in the underground mall: Can't be hit unless you get a tank or luck-out on it being completely blind to you.

//More proof "Levolution™" is bullshit when I can't drop the fucking ground on a tank to kill it after being shown I could drop the tank through said ground to disable it. Fucking bullshit only one spot. Fuck you DICE.

Jasonl418

Neo Member
Not sure if this is the best place to post this. I'm a long time lurker and forgot I even signed up for an account years ago, silly me. Anyways I play BF4 on PS4 most nights and my PSN ID is "JibberFoot". I mostly play conquest and obliteration.

Coming back to this game after having played PlanetSide 2 for the past couple months is like traveling back in time five years or more. It is incredible just how outdated and consolized this game feels after playing one that was designed to take advantage of PC in every possible way. In fact, I'm not so much astounded as I am disgusted.

The Carrier Assault game mode does nothing, and I mean nothing, for this game. Everyone still plays it like Conquest, which is to say like Team Deathmatch with control points strewn about. No one uses their mic, teamwork is completely absent, and commanders are still useless as ever. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world for having spent $50 on Premium. I'll consider it a lesson learned, and one I hopefully won't soon forget.

All that being said, it's time for me to uninstall this garbage game once and for all and stick to remembering the good days of Battlefield, when it was once cutting edge and actually did things to push the multiplayer shooter genre forwards rather than living in the past and completely failing to evolve. All my friends have stopped playing the game and really, I can't blame them. Not only is it broken even to this day -- it just isn't very good, period. Maybe when DICE wakes up and does something interesting with this franchise, I'll learn to care about it again. Until then, Battlefield is dead to me.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Not sure if this is the best place to post this. I'm a long time lurker and forgot I even signed up for an account years ago, silly me. Anyways I play BF4 on PS4 most nights and my PSN ID is "JibberFoot". I mostly play conquest and obliteration.

If only you weren't a UF fan..

Facism

going 18-2 on an e-z mode (hardcore) server and got kicked by a badmin for chat spam. If "cap the flags" 1 time is chat spam. Fuck me for turning round a 200 ticket deficit, amirite?

Top Bottom