• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Rey

Cross posting from the Naval Strike thread:

Has.... anyone noticed anything different with the PS4 test servers and non-test servers? My friend noticed that something was odd about the visuals while playing (and testing the rubberband fixes) on the test server..

I'm going to check this out later in the evening today, to see if the graphics are different in test servers vs normal servers.

I didn't notice any visual difference but I did notice I have more framedrops on the test servers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You might try doing the DMZ process on your PS4. The main benefit is that it would give you a NAT type 2 (which you already have), but I think there might be something else going on with it. I had the same issue as you when I got the game at launch. I already had a NAT 2, but did the DMZ process anyway. Logged back in, and haven't had the issue since then. Coincidence? Perhaps...but I went from not being able to get into a game at all, to having no problems, immediately after doing it.

It was the same case on COD4 on the PS3, for me anyway.

Here is a walkthrough of it (same on PS4 as it is on PS3); it should take maybe 10 minutes. http://community.eu.playstation.com/.../td-p/10655314

DMZ was no go. I half expected the new firmware update to help, but nope. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
D'oh, that sucks. One more thing to try is logging out of PSN, and then log back in while you're in the game. I hear that works occasionally.
I'll try that next. I got myself started on the FF14 beta process just to see that it's not my PS4. It figures that the two EA FPS games that I want to play basically don't work because of weird server issues though. lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'll try that next. I got myself started on the FF14 beta process just to see that it's not my PS4. It figures that the two EA FPS games that I want to play basically don't work because of weird server issues though. lol

Same thing happened with BC1-2 on PS3 for me. I have no clue why it happened but logging in manually while on BC1 fixed the server issues. But you may have to try it a few times since it took me like 1-5 login attempts to get EA to finally let me in.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Same thing happened with BC1-2 on PS3 for me. I have no clue why it happened but logging in manually while on BC1 fixed the server issues. But you may have to try it a few times since it took me like 1-5 login attempts to get EA to finally let me in.
So basically log out of my PSN account, launch the game, then log back into my PSN account while in the game?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's it, yep. And yeah, haha....with this game, definitely figure that 99% of the time, it's not you, it's them. : )
Welp, I tried it a few times. I couldn't get into a Naval Strike server, and the one time I got into a Conquest server it had four people in it. I feel like this game is just toying with me now.

I give up. lol

TheSeks

RoKKeR

Just played on a Test server on XBO and holy shit, it's as if this is how it should have been since day 1! Everything just seems so much smoother. Minimal lag, no rubber banding, haven't noticed any crazy terrain glitches, it's a vastly improved experience.

On a DLC map...

Which means it wasn't even planned and just put into the game to appease Jackfrags/Youtube community.

...Good jon, DICE?

No, what's "magic" is that the netcode still hasn't been fixed but they put in a stupid shark to appease a Youtube celeb.

Technically that´s not true. The easter egg started on the base game and continued on the xpacks. China Rising and Naval Strike are the expansion packs made by DICE Sweden, both developed along the base game, so it was there all along.
There are sharks already on some maps of NS, this one is the same model only different size.

And yes, good job DICE guy who thought about this, the easter egg itself and how it was developed it was really well thought to keep the community doing something fun besides trolling with C4.

TheSeks

so bitter

Yes, yes I am. I'm so fucking sick of going for knifes and having shit rollback and have them counter-melee me because the fucking server doesn't update so I KNOW they're facing me. Same with gun battles and they're running away, I start to fire. They suddenly 180 turn and kill me.

Fucking bullshit netcode/tickrate. But no, we got time to put in a stupid shark to appease a paid-for shill Youtube celeb because EA is paying him!

Technically that´s not true. The easter egg started on the base game and continued on the xpacks. China Rising and Naval Strike are the expansion packs made by DICE Sweden, both developed along the base game, so it was there all along.
There are sharks already on some maps of NS, this one is the same model only different size.

And yes, good job DICE guy who thought about this, the easter egg itself and how it was developed it was really well thought to keep the community doing something fun besides trolling with C4.

No. The Easter Egg that Jackfrags was trying to find was that stupid ship explosion on Haian. During the launch DICE said "something that will make you go WTF" Jackfrags and his community went batshit over a shark because of a dogtag and other such things that didn't even have anything to do with said easter egg. When it was found out to be a ship, said community was disappointed.

This Easter Egg comes after the vanilla Easter Egg, AKA: not planned. So, again: Good jon DICE for doing something to appease a Youtube celeb.

Maybe now they'll put in rubber-banding Dinosaur mode that everyone fucking wanted since BF3? Maybe? Maybe if Jackpaid-for yells it enough it'll happen? :D?

Yes, yes I am. I'm so fucking sick of going for knifes and having shit rollback and have them counter-melee me because the fucking server doesn't update so I KNOW they're facing me. Same with gun battles and they're running away, I start to fire. They suddenly 180 turn and kill me.

Fucking bullshit netcode/tickrate. But no, we got time to put in a stupid shark to appease a paid-for shill Youtube celeb because EA is paying him!

No. The Easter Egg that Jackfrags was trying to find was that stupid ship explosion on Haian. During the launch DICE said "something that will make you go WTF" Jackfrags and his community went batshit over a shark because of a dogtag and other such things that didn't even have anything to do with said easter egg. When it was found out to be a ship, said community was disappointed.

This Easter Egg comes after the vanilla Easter Egg, AKA: not planned. So, again: Good jon DICE for doing something to appease a Youtube celeb.

Maybe now they'll put in rubber-banding Dinosaur mode that everyone fucking wanted since BF3? Maybe? Maybe if Jackpaid-for yells it enough it'll happen? :D?

Again, the content was always there, that´s my point, the tease for this easter egg started with the phantom program, because if not, nobody would have ever found it.

terrible

Banned
Yes, yes I am. I'm so fucking sick of going for knifes and having shit rollback and have them counter-melee me because the fucking server doesn't update so I KNOW they're facing me.

I don't knife so I never have that issue but it's like 50/50 if the game will let me counter knife on PS4 when someone knifes me from the front. On PC it NEVER lets me counter knife. It really grinds my gears.

TheSeks

Again, the content was always there, that´s my point, the tease for this easter egg started with the phantom program, because if not, nobody would have ever found it.

No it wasn't. It was community created just like the 4chan Dinosaur trolling DICE does was. They added the shark dogtags to appease the community, again.

It wasn't ever planned.

ItsGeeMcGee said:
Actually that'd be pretty awesome. Rubber banding dinosaurs are the future of the franchise

C-C-C-C-C-CLEAVER GIR-GIR-GIR-GIRL (F Counter-melee)! HAHA TAKE THAT ASSHO--*shot in the back after counter-Raptor melee animation plays*

I don't knife so I never have that issue but it's like 50/50 if the game will let me counter knife on PS4 when someone knifes me from the front. On PC it NEVER lets me counter knife. It really grinds my gears.

The counter-melee timing is weird on PC. I've had that same thing happen because the tickrate happens during the melee animation playing out so it doesn't update your game until the last second and the counter-melee window doesn't "open" for you. Same as the roll-backs because they shift position and the server says to your client "nope, they're facing you. Take the counter melee! LOLZ!"

But nope, we got more important things like adding huge-ass sharks to the game instead of fixing rollback and DICE-rolls on kills.

Spl1nter said:
Seks why you so butt hurt over not finding the megaladon first?

>implying I'm butthurt over a stupid easter egg that appeals to Youtube celebs

No, the only thing I'm "butthurt" over is the stupid roll of the DICE nature the netcode has on kills.

terrible

Banned
The counter-melee timing is weird on PC. I've had that same thing happen because the tickrate happens during the melee animation playing out so it doesn't update your game until the last second and the counter-melee window doesn't "open" for you. Same as the roll-backs because they shift position and the server says to your client "nope, they're facing you. Take the counter melee! LOLZ!"

But nope, we got more important things like adding huge-ass sharks to the game instead of fixing rollback and DICE-rolls on kills.

It's so painful lol. I wonder how many times I've turned around and counter-knifed someone even though on their screen I never turned around at all.

No it wasn't. It was community created just like the 4chan Dinosaur trolling DICE does was. They added the shark dogtags to appease the community, again.

It wasn't ever planned.

You should take a break off all that hate dude. Enjoy the random things in games. Seriously.

TheSeks

You should take a break off all that hate dude. Enjoy the random things in games. Seriously.

If the random things in games means my guaranteed kill rolls back into a guaranteed death, no, I won't take time off my hateraid.

Rollbacks from meleeing someone in the back shouldn't fucking happen, but they do. Same bullshit as rollbacks in fighting games and you go into a combo and have it wiff because the netcode suddenly says "NOPE THEY'RE JUMPING OVER YOU" as the melees. Either sync the fucking thing/fix the netcode so that shit doesn't happen or don't bother with that shit.

But no, we got time to add sharks for Youtube celebs to be happy over! Great use of fixing the game time there!

It's so painful lol. I wonder how many times I've turned around and counter-knifed someone even though on their screen I never turned around at all.

I ain't even mad at the counter-melee. I'm more pissed at the rollbacks. I get the knife melee animation and "confirmed" kill by pulling their dogtags, but the game suddenly rolls back the animations and has them play the counter-melee animations out. It's the truly "WTF" moment for me.

I think the counter-knife is one of the better things DICE added. I'm very careful about knifing from the front. However, I sometimes find when I am shooting someone very close in front of me, all of a sudden my knife animation will start and I get counter-knifed. I really don't think I'm accidentally clicking my thumbstick, it just seems to be an automatic animation if you're too close. I suppose it beats BF3's problem of being so close to an enemy your gun shoots harmlessly through their back.

If the random things in games means my guaranteed kill rolls back into a guaranteed death, no, I won't take time off my hateraid.

Rollbacks from meleeing someone in the back shouldn't fucking happen, but they do. Same bullshit as rollbacks in fighting games and you go into a combo and have it wiff because the netcode suddenly says "NOPE THEY'RE JUMPING OVER YOU" as the melees. Either sync the fucking thing/fix the netcode so that shit doesn't happen or don't bother with that shit.

But no, we got time to add sharks for Youtube celebs to be happy over! Great use of fixing the game time there!

Then, you should have complain and made complain videos like Ra1der by the time BC2 launched. All this problems were there, people payed to play the game with them and did´nt complain. BF3 launched with the same and more problems, people did´nt complain.

So BF4 launched, same problems, people complain. Why will they fix all of this now if nobody complained before? They don´t care, they won´t care, because they don´t have to, to sell the game.

That´s my point, the only thing you´re doing is being stress with all these useless hate that can be easily fixed by playing another game.

Had a blast with the game yesterday on ps4. I was rolling around with the second shootgun you get to unlock. Blowing people away with one or two shots

Shotguns in this game are awesome

I think the counter-knife is one of the better things DICE added. I'm very careful about knifing from the front. However, I sometimes find when I am shooting someone very close in front of me, all of a sudden my knife animation will start and I get counter-knifed. I really don't think I'm accidentally clicking my thumbstick, it just seems to be an automatic animation if you're too close. I suppose it beats BF3's problem of being so close to an enemy your gun shoots harmlessly through their back.
It's got to be you, unless you're finding people front knifing you also in similar situations.

I love the addition. Not sure why people complain about it - it punishes panic knifing and encourages gun on gun fights. I've also panic knifed a few times when my primary and secondary were both out of ammo, and I probably ha success rate of 1/5 which seems fair enough to me for an act of desperation.

It's got to be you, unless you're finding people front knifing you also in similar situations.

I love the addition. Not sure why people complain about it - it punishes panic knifing and encourages gun on gun fights. I've also panic knifed a few times when my primary and secondary were both out of ammo, and I probably ha success rate of 1/5 which seems fair enough to me for an act of desperation.

People complain about it because it's inconsistent as fuck, and, on the contrary, it rewards panic knifing because the guy that just got front knifed is now locked and can't do shit until he counter knifes. By the time he is finished counter knifing the knifer, the knifer's teammates are ready and lined up to kill the guy that was forced to stay still.

The only reason people would front knife is when they know they're dead and might as well lock the guy that is about to kill them for their teammates to get ready to finish off, it's utter bullshit. As I mentioned earlier, a CS-like system would be a better idea because it takes time to switch to your knife then be able to use it, and it does 50 damage at most from the front.

Battlefield 4 has probably one of the worst knifing systems I've seen in an FPS in a long time, at least Battlefield 3 didn't have this front knifing bullshit.

People complain about it because it's inconsistent as fuck, and, on the contrary, it rewards panic knifing because the guy that just got front knifed is now locked and can't do shit until he counter knifes. By the time he is finished counter knifing the knifer, the knifer's teammates are ready and lined up to kill the guy that was forced to stay still.
...because he totally would have lived facing off against three other enemies, right. He's lucky he got the one kill.

The only reason people would front knife is when they know they're dead and might as well lock the guy that is about to kill them for their teammates to get ready to finish off, it's utter bullshit.
What's bullshit is the invincibility. It's to the knifed's advantage as those enemies you complain about cant do jack until the animation is over. Nobody should be invincible during the front knife. Let the chips fall where they may.

gl0w

Why do people keep saying that JF found the megaladon? He just publish someone's else video from my understanding.

And my understanding also is that the megaladon thing wasn't planned from the beginning, that why it only appeared on the last DLC. Also, fuck dice spending time on something funny when the game is so much broken.

sturmdogg

Can someone help me out please?

I purchased BF4 Premium for PS3. I downloaded and installed it, along with the other DLCs. But it doesn't seem to be working, as when I try to join servers with the new maps and / or modes, I get an error saying that I am missing DLC content. EA's online chat is no help at all.

TheSeks

Then, you should have complain and made complain videos like Ra1der by the time BC2 launched. All this problems were there, people payed to play the game with them and did´nt complain. BF3 launched with the same and more problems, people did´nt complain.

So BF4 launched, same problems, people complain. Why will they fix all of this now if nobody complained before? They don´t care, they won´t care, because they don´t have to, to sell the game.

That´s my point, the only thing you´re doing is being stress with all these useless hate that can be easily fixed by playing another game.

Except rollback knives never happened in BC2 or BF3. Instead BC2 had HORRIBLE vortex knifing (that thankfully was mostly removed in BF3) to where people complained about knives. Then DICE adds the assassination florishes to behind/side knifes in BF3 (which I really enjoy, Kane. Sorry.) and had a "vortex" happen due to netcode in BF3. Neither of those NEVER rolled back my guaranteed kills because my client didn't match the server.

It's totally on DICE's end that their netcode is shit and yet they're spending time adding pointless bullshit like giant sharks to appease the people they're already paying to promote their title. Fuck that shit. I'll "stress" myself out over it
I ain't even mad over the easter egg. I'm more mad over the fact this shit still isn't fixed and they have the gall to add the Shark/Jackfrags over Dinosaurs/what everyone wanted for two-three years now.

...because he totally would have lived facing off against three other enemies, right. He's lucky he got the one kill.

He could've in the right circumstances, but he also could've moved to cover/elsewhere after killing one, but instead all of those choices are removed as he's locked in an animation giving enemies enough time to react and get ready to kill him.

What's bullshit is the invincibility. It's to the knifed's advantage as those enemies you complain about cant do jack until the animation is over. Nobody should be invincible during the front knife. Let the chips fall where they may.

Both the knifer and the person getting knifed get the invincibillity, there's nothing someone can do until both players finish their animations. There are plenty of other (better) ways to deal with knifing but instead of going for something functioning well, DICE decided to give theatrics the precedence instead.

In Counter-Strike, knifing is entertaining, challenging, and it adds another layer of depth because it requires a good amount effort to out-knife an enemy knifer, especially a good one. And it has no issues with panic knifing and it doesn't take away almost all control from the player when knifing.

In Battlefield 4, you have two soldiers running around in circles spamming the knife button hoping the game lets them teleport to the other's behind and do the "I win" animation. It's incredibly inconsistent, and rage inducing. The addition of counter knifing only manages to amplify that so much more.

Except rollback knives never happened in BC2 or BF3. Instead BC2 had HORRIBLE vortex knifing (that thankfully was mostly removed in BF3) to where people complained about knives. Then DICE adds the assassination florishes to behind/side knifes in BF3 (which I really enjoy, Kane. Sorry.) and had a "vortex" happen due to netcode in BF3. Neither of those NEVER rolled back my guaranteed kills because my client didn't match the server.

It's totally on DICE's end that their netcode is shit and yet they're spending time adding pointless bullshit like giant sharks to appease the people they're already paying to promote their title. Fuck that shit. I'll "stress" myself out over it
I ain't even mad over the easter egg. I'm more mad over the fact this shit still isn't fixed and they have the gall to add the Shark/Jackfrags over Dinosaurs/what everyone wanted for two-three years now.

It's not that I'm against this kind of knifing system. I'm okay with knifing from behind (I actually enjoy doing most of the time) because more likely than not the enemy would have died anyway, and while the animations take too damn long personally speaking it doesn't cheat me out of a kill (unless I knife in the middle of 3-4 people or some stupid stuff like that), but the whole thing becomes inconsistent and incredibly frustrating because of the gif I linked earlier. While I still think Counter Strike has a better knifing system I don't mind the knifing from behind stuff, It's the counter knifing that, along with the crappy netcode, really aggravates me.

He could've in the right circumstances, but he also could've moved to cover/elsewhere after killing one, but instead all of those choices are removed as he's locked in an animation giving enemies enough time to react and get ready to kill him.
He still breaks even. I don't see the problem. God knows it was far worse in CoD.

Both the knifer and the person getting knifed get the invincibillity, there's nothing someone can do until both players finish their animations. There are plenty of other (better) ways to deal with knifing but instead of going for something functioning well, DICE decided to give theatrics the precedence instead.
Both side do not get invincibilty. The person knifing whether front or back is always vulnerable to bullets and I've saved and been saved plenty of times before.

The entire point of the front knife is to prevent the "I win" animation by fucking over the front-knifer. You want to win from the front? Don't knife.

Can someone help me out please?

I purchased BF4 Premium for PS3. I downloaded and installed it, along with the other DLCs. But it doesn't seem to be working, as when I try to join servers with the new maps and / or modes, I get an error saying that I am missing DLC content. EA's online chat is no help at all.
this may take longer but have you tried, removing and redownloading the DLC?

Top Bottom