• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Omni

Got absolutely #rekt by a Commander tonight. Even with team mates I could talk to we couldn't get around it

Makes mah sad

Kabuto

i feel the naval strike maps really suffer from team imbalances more than the other maps. perhaps it's the combo of attack boats roaming around + relative lack of cover but it's especially difficult to have a solid game if your team sucks on these maps.

The Carrier Assault game mode does nothing, and I mean nothing, for this game. Everyone still plays it like Conquest, which is to say like Team Deathmatch with control points strewn about. No one uses their mic, teamwork is completely absent, and commanders are still useless as ever.

yup Red Blaster those are my exact thoughts about these maps. They are way too open so you can't really carry the team like in the other maps in the game. Any good squad that sticks together can just kill anyone they see. This is why I stopped playing Naval Strike solo and only play with a good squad with mics. I hate complaining about a game since "stop crying and get better" is usually the response I get, but seeing that I can be in the top of the scoreboard on any non Naval Strike map, I have to put blame on the maps.

People grasping at straws now with the "BF4 is BROKEN!" shit. Yes BF4 is/was broken, but physics based shit has always acted like that in most online shooters. It's the nature of networking.

The nature of networking huh? Then why don't these problems exist in other games that are physics based? It doesn't for Source games. Hell, I don't even think this happened remotely as much as BC2 and BF3. Why is it "okay" that you can be shot dead on by a guy looking the other direction (from your perspective)?

The nature of networking huh? Then why don't these problems exist in other games that are physics based? It doesn't for Source games. Hell, I don't even think this happened remotely as much as BC2 and BF3. Why is it "okay" that you can be shot dead on by a guy looking the other direction (from your perspective)?

Because.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Source games don't have destruction that is dynamic though, to be fair.

It didn't happen in BC2 or BF3, AFAIR. So the point is still there in regards to mystery items on one screen and not the other and player position syncs.

But the "turn around dead guy" issue is the tickrate. You don't see him turn around until the server catches you up/tick-rate happens to update it. It's bullshit.

It didn't happen in BC2 or BF3, AFAIR. So the point is still there in regards to mystery items on one screen and not the other and player position syncs.

But the "turn around dead guy" issue is the tickrate. You don't see him turn around until the server catches you up/tick-rate happens to update it. It's bullshit.
It did. Many small items were desynced in BF3.

Jinjo

Weird. So I'm a premium member, downloaded naval strike when it came out except I had no time to play it. Now I decided on firing up a game of carrier assault and it says I don't have the DLC? The hell? PS4 btw.

AFAIK The player orientation bullshit didn't happen in BF3 because the soldiers' upper torso didn't change orientation separately from the lower part of the body.

e.g. in BF3 if you changed the direction from where you aim your entire body moved unlike in BF4 where shit like in the 1 minute mark in that video happens.

The missing barrels stuff also happened in BF3 too though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Desyncing small and irrelevant props/assets is a non-issue and expected. Desyncing larger props that can and will be used for concealment is. It's bad game design in a multiplayer environment, simple as that, as it prioritises an outright busted perspective relative to mechanics over balance and feedback. If your game is communicating to one person "Yes, your hiding place is clever and you are hidden!" and that data is inaccurate then your game design is lazy and neglects player needs and expectations.

Like I don't give a shit about graphically spectacular prop physics if the absence of such means the data is read and balanced across all players correctly. It's just fucking stupid to provide players, in a game like Battlefield, with player-sized objects they're naturally going to use for concealment and have that concealment busted. Knowing it's fucked just adds another feeling that what you do in Battlefield 4 is simply a dice roll, the game systems giving poor feedback of server reality with your perspective totally subjective and probably incorrect.

If it's hard to do, don't do it. Most people will appreciate the balance and accurate system/presentation feedback more than "lol wow physics".

havent read much about best weapons for x class, i usually enjoy bf and chose a weapon based on how it feels, so for a while I stuck with the A91, never really paid much attention to the AKC5 that you get first, so I went back last night and started leveling it up, and man it is a really good weapon and its the very first carbine you get lol

I said most games. It's the same reason someone might be teabagging thin air; the dead bodies desync. Happens in CoD, Halo, etc.

That sort of stuff though doesn't mess with the overall flow of the gameplay. I find that when you're hiding behind something that you can see, it should be shown that you are hiding behind it by everyone else.

terrible

Banned
God I want to get a gun that I'm comfortable with a silencer on it. Hate being shown on the map. It can be a game of chasing triangles sometimes.

The only all-kit gun I find that's even half usable with a silencer is the AK5C. On paper the M4 should be around as good but I haven't really used it. The huge muzzle velocity hit you take with a silencer makes it so hard to kill effectively at range with every gun. It stinks.

The only all-kit gun I find that's even half usable with a silencer is the AK5C. On paper the M4 should be around as good but I haven't really used it. The huge muzzle velocity hit you take with a silencer makes it so hard to kill effectively at range with every gun. It stinks.

I think the silencer really did become useless (for the most part) in this game. They nerf guns WAY too much.

Hystzen

I don't use this term much but man my team getting bodied. They can barely hang on to one flag and that locker round geez

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It did. Many small items were desynced in BF3.

And some large ones if Kane's video is right. I don't ever recall that small box near A first-set on Caspian but that's probably because I was too busy trying to defuse/arm and get away from people in fire than wondering about cover.

The MAJOR MAJOR issue is that some items don't appear due to draw distance and sync. That and the server tickrate showing someone not facing you trade-killing with you is pretty bullshit.

I've even have had knives go from side-knife animations into a server-rollback and "facing them ...AND... they counter! LOLZ!" DICE-roll. Fucking DICE. >:|

mitchman

Gold Member
He never told us what he eats at 3am.

What if it's people?!

Never 3am, Never people. Problem is I tend to start playing around dinner time, then forget about it for hours. Combined with me not going to work until around lunch, and dinners happen late.

Soulstar

I just recently got this game for PS4 and applied for the console platoon as TheLoveCook.

Also wanted to see if anyone was playing right now since I have some time to play atm.

I wish they just got rid of the "cinematic takedowns" stuff and copy pasted Counter Strike's knifing system. It's faster to kill an enemy when you back stab and it makes for entertaining knife fights instead of two soldiers spamming the knife button and seeing who gets lucky enough to teleport behind and kill the other guy thanks to the game. It would also get rid of getting one hit killed by a knife from the front a la BC2.

Even with the netcode stuff being pretty terrible, at least you would be able to have some control over your character instead of the game taking that away and getting fucked over because of it. I can't count how many goddamn times I've been locked by someone who did a front knife on me, "counter knife" him, and then see someone who has been patiently waiting for me to finish killing his teammate and knife/shoot me from behind.

I feel like this is a nice example of DICE taking "epic cinematic moments" over what is reliable, effective, and arguably much more fun. It's always a stark contrast when you watch/play in a knife only server in BF4 and then do the same in a knife only server in counter strike

I just recently got this game for PS4 and applied for the console platoon as TheLoveCook.

Also wanted to see if anyone was playing right now since I have some time to play atm.

You applied for the PC platoon actually. =P

firehawk12

Subete no aware
First time I've tried to play BF4 on PS4 since the new DLC dropped and I'm getting "You lost connection to the server" every time I try to play a game on any mode. Is there a way to fix this?

burnfout

First time I've tried to play BF4 on PS4 since the new DLC dropped and I'm getting "You lost connection to the server" every time I try to play a game on any mode. Is there a way to fix this?

I had the same problem last week, turned out it was a NAT issue. My settings were always fine, and suddenly weren't.

I reset my connection settings on my PS4, got NAT type 2 again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I had the same problem last week, turned out it was a NAT issue. My settings were always fine, and suddenly weren't.

I reset my connection settings on my PS4, got NAT type 2 again.
I did a test and it said I was NAT type 2. I could also get into a match of CoD as well...

Shadybiz

I did a test and it said I was NAT type 2. I could also get into a match of CoD as well...

You might try doing the DMZ process on your PS4. The main benefit is that it would give you a NAT type 2 (which you already have), but I think there might be something else going on with it. I had the same issue as you when I got the game at launch. I already had a NAT 2, but did the DMZ process anyway. Logged back in, and haven't had the issue since then. Coincidence? Perhaps...but I went from not being able to get into a game at all, to having no problems, immediately after doing it.

It was the same case on COD4 on the PS3, for me anyway.

Here is a walkthrough of it (same on PS4 as it is on PS3); it should take maybe 10 minutes. http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/How-to-put-your-PS3-into-a-DMZ/td-p/10655314

manzo

Cross posting from the Naval Strike thread:

Has.... anyone noticed anything different with the PS4 test servers and non-test servers? My friend noticed that something was odd about the visuals while playing (and testing the rubberband fixes) on the test server..

I'm going to check this out later in the evening today, to see if the graphics are different in test servers vs normal servers.

Top Bottom