• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

He still breaks even. I don't see the problem. God knows it was far worse in CoD.

He breaks even, but he could've had the chance to take more people down, or moved to cover and lived and so on and so forth. Instead, breaking even is all that he can do because he can't do anything else until the animation finishes, and by the time that animation is finished, he is screwed more often than not.

Both side do not get invincibilty. The person knifing whether front or back is always vulnerable to bullets and I've saved and been saved plenty of times before.

Yeah, you're right. I thought both had to finish doing their stuff before anyone else can hit them. My bad on that one.

The entire point of the front knife is to prevent the "I win" animation by fucking over the front-knifer. You want to win from the front? Don't knife.

Right, and I'm saying it doesn't work well because it's so inconsistent in that regard, and stuff like the gif I showed earlier happens as a result (although I suppose he would've still been fucked over by the game anyway).

He breaks even, but he could've had the chance to take more people down, or moved to cover and lived and so on and so forth. Instead, breaking even is all that he can do because he can't do anything else until the animation finishes, and by the time that animation is finished, he is screwed more often than not.
That [FPS] life. He could have gotten knifed from the back, saved, but in the split second he was being knifed an enemy came around the corner and blasted him moments after the knife was cancelled. Shit happens on the battlefield. Front knives are such a rarity as is. You're more likely to get a "Killed in action."

Right, and I'm saying it doesn't work well because it's so inconsistent in that regard, and stuff like the gif I showed earlier happens as a result (although I suppose he would've still been fucked over by the game anyway).
That's not the fault of the front knife, though that's the fault of latency in general. It's no different that dying from bullets after getting around a corner.

In end you getting front knifed when you weren't and you getting a side-knife when you fronted should even out in the long run (unless you're some kind of knifing prohibitionist).

Acorn

I like counter knifing, I remember bfbc1 + 2 where when I was bored I'd run around spamming the knife button often getting crazy killstreaks because of the insane range of the lock on leap and the lack of being able to shoot the guy that is locked onto with the knife mid leap (others could but the person being knifed couldn't if the insane lock on leap had been initiated).

Now the defender has a chance, yes it doesn't function correctly because of the broken netcode but its the lesser of two evils and if the netcode was fixed it would be ideal.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Need to finish getting those 10 Titan mode wins. Ugh.

TheSeks

Titan small = 3 flags = ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(Lost because people don't defend/cap points)

SR-2 is pretty bad. Too much recoil and the ironsights are pretty terrible.

That [FPS] life. He could have gotten knifed from the back, saved, but in the split second he was being knifed an enemy came around the corner and blasted him moments after the knife was cancelled. Shit happens on the battlefield. Front knives are such a rarity as is. You're more likely to get a "Killed in action."

That's not the fault of the front knife, though that's the fault of latency in general. It's no different that dying from bullets after getting around a corner.

In end you getting front knifed when you weren't and you getting a side-knife when you fronted should even out in the long run (unless you're some kind of knifing prohibitionist).

Yeah you're right. It's just that it can get pretty tiring getting front knifed and unable to counter knife, or knife some one from the back and somehow get counter knifed and so on. It's not as bad as I'm making it out to be.

I've been doing pretty well with it.

TheSeks

Idiot: "OMG DEFEND THE CARRIER!"

Me: "Fuck that, rush downstairs to their B."

(ENEMY CARRIER B HAS BEEN OPENED)
(rush under the gate, slam myself on the crate and arm)

Idiot: "OMG WTF YOU IDIOTS GG WE LOSE!"

(B blows right as he says this)

Me: "You were saying?"
Idiot: "OMG STOP SUCKING YOUR OWN DICK"
Me: "QQ MORE"

gl0w

Titan small = 3 flags = ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(Lost because people don't defend/cap points)

SR-2 is my favorite weapon atm for engineer class!

Close/mid range

Facism

Idiot: "OMG DEFEND THE CARRIER!"

Me: "Fuck that, rush downstairs to their B."

(ENEMY CARRIER B HAS BEEN OPENED)
(rush under the gate, slam myself on the crate and arm)

Idiot: "OMG WTF YOU IDIOTS GG WE LOSE!"

(B blows right as he says this)

Me: "You were saying?"
Idiot: "OMG STOP SUCKING YOUR OWN DICK"
Me: "QQ MORE"

If you could suck your own dick, would you?

TheSeks

Pro reversal

Nah. I guess a proper retort would be "why do you want to know? :3" but that seemed 6th grade.

---

Finally got my 20 Titan mode wins. *takes that off the filter now*

Facism

Nah. I guess a proper retort would be "why do you want to know? :3" but that seemed 6th grade.

---

Finally got my 20 Titan mode wins. *takes that off the filter now*

Why ask questions if not to illuminate the mind? :p

Congrats, i barely made 8 carrier assault games before i shitcanned it.

Dr Prob

Banned
Knew I wouldn't be able to stay for long, but told Che a while back that I was getting a new headset and it's important to keep your word. So there it is. "Dudes headed towards B, like seven dudes!" Nevermind from where, lots of dudes.

Euro PS4 GAF sounds like what I imagine a DICE conference call sounds like :D

Big Mooney's BF4 Top Plays Episode #22 is up.

Knew I wouldn't be able to stay for long, but told Che a while back that I was getting a new headset and it's important to keep your word. So there it is. "Dudes headed towards B, like seven dudes!" Nevermind from where, lots of dudes.

Euro PS4 GAF sounds like what I imagine a DICE conference call sounds like :D

So yuu just joined because you felt obliged to do it? I just feel so hurt and used....

Hystzen

First time ever been on US side on Dawnbreaker and the team failed so hard they didn't hold even a single flag. Non stop snipers camping on roofs and 3 tanks just chilling near flag E mowing us down as spawning

TheSeks

Why ask questions if not to illuminate the mind? :p

...Point.

Congrats, i barely made 8 carrier assault games before i shitcanned it.

I server hopped and team switched one or two times to the winning team as fast as I could. Not proud of it since the mode is pretty easy anyway with the carrier/damage flag caps and one team lopsiding the other in general, but I wanted it done as quick as possible so I could ignore it. So I'm a bastard. :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So i got my Assault Service Star but no Basedpack, i thought the last patch added Basedpacks for each service star. ;_;

Overdoziz

Banned
So i got my Assault Service Star but no Basedpack, i thought the last patch added Basedpacks for each service star. ;_;

PROGRESSION
Added Gold Battlepacks as rewards for Class Service Stars, allowing players that have reached the max Rank to continue earning new Battlepacks.*

*Temporarily disabled, as the team is working on addressing an issue related to it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
PROGRESSION
Added Gold Battlepacks as rewards for Class Service Stars, allowing players that have reached the max Rank to continue earning new Battlepacks.*

*Temporarily disabled, as the team is working on addressing an issue related to it.
lol wut?

They added it and disabled it in the same week? BASED DICE

Here's a thought: Instead of the parachute spawn starting automatically when you breach the ship in Carrier Assault, add a third optional MCOM inside the ship that when destroyed, creates the parachute spawn t the top of the carrier.

TheSeks

Nobody accepts orders from Commanders. It's really pissing me off. "By My Command" is the last bronze assignment I need to do and it requires Squad Orders and Resupplies IIRC. Neither of which flows like candy since no one uses those.

Ark

Nobody accepts orders from Commanders. It's really pissing me off. "By My Command" is the last bronze assignment I need to do and it requires Squad Orders and Resupplies IIRC. Neither of which flows like candy since no one uses those.

I get my commands accepted or denied all the time. I make sure to do it when I'm a squad leader, too.

Haven't touched BF (pc) in months. I gave up after buying it day 1 and having so many issues. Hopefully they have fixed it because it is so damn pretty on ultra but the annoyance outweighs the beauty.

If it is fixed I will probably give it another shot. I won't however be buying any dlc purely on a principle basis.

TheSeks

Awww... Xfactor left after a full rotation. :(

Never played against each other, either now that I think about it. Kinda like GAF a little. Heh.

---

Spectated for like 6 hours straight. Holy shit. I really wish hitmarkers and seeing squad point-to-perk bars were in spectator. Otherwise really fun and relaxing to watch other people play and deal with bullshit lag spikes instead of me. :)

----

I get my commands accepted or denied all the time. I make sure to do it when I'm a squad leader, too.

The problem is I get maybe one or two squad accepts. Same for resupplies. If that in a round. And that doesn't give you the ribbons.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You guys using in engine vsync or something else? Thinking I'll use a console command to cap the framerate at 60fps so it's not fluctuating over, then locking the refresh rate down so I don't get tearing. I've tried the former without the latter and the play feels smoother, but there's still tearing. I don't mind, but given I can keep a near perfectly locked 60fps with the game almost maxed out (2xMSAA instead of 4xMSAA) I figure it couldn't hurt to smooth out the image performance.

I find most vsync introduces input lag though. How's Frostbite 3's native vysnc? Better options?

It has 3 around it, but the mic just lets out a high pitched ring when I try recording messages. Sure hope I don't have the same problem when I try my Beats *flameshield*

iirc Apple has ground and mic reversed so you can't use them for transmitting voice without buying an adapter plug that swaps mic and ground..

Top Bottom