• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Milly79

Did they change it from the old style configuration vs. the earpods? When I got my ps4 I definitely used my old pair to talk and it worked fine.

You'd think a TV missle hit would be enough on a jet, but I had to finish him off with the canon :p

ibmvxUP4jWxCXl.gif

Kabuto

You guys using in engine vsync or something else? Thinking I'll use a console command to cap the framerate at 60fps so it's not fluctuating over, then locking the refresh rate down so I don't get tearing. I've tried the former without the latter and the play feels smoother, but there's still tearing. I don't mind, but given I can keep a near perfectly locked 60fps with the game almost maxed out (2xMSAA instead of 4xMSAA) I figure it couldn't hurt to smooth out the image performance.

I find most vsync introduces input lag though. How's Frostbite 3's native vysnc? Better options?

I dunno about better options but I'm using the in game vsync and capping it at 60fps. It's great and feels way smoother than when I didn't cap it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Facism hasn't been on Battlelog in 3 days. I wanted to Command him since at least I can get squad order ribbons from him. D:

GLkqh74.gif

Nobody accepts orders from Commanders. It's really pissing me off. "By My Command" is the last bronze assignment I need to do and it requires Squad Orders and Resupplies IIRC. Neither of which flows like candy since no one uses those.

try playing Rush, it's easier directing squads towards the two objectives.

Ark

YES.

DAMN IT.

IT'S WHY THERE IS AN ASSIGNMENT FOR IT.

ARGH!

Seriously though: Is it that hard to Q/whatever Commorose on consoles and direct up?

I do it all the time on PS4 (hold R1), I find that people listen to it a lot too. When I spam that I need ammo I often get the ammo I need :D

I love the inclusion of the text box on consoles. people are starting to be WAY more helpful, in almost every match I've played people have been using the com rose with teammates throwing down ammo boxes and med packs. good stuff :D

TheSeks

8/10 resupplies

Meanwhile 3/10 accept orders.

SMH.

---

FINALLY. By my Command done. Fuck you DICE. >_<

Cronnie

FINALLY. By my Command done. Fuck you DICE. >_<

Haha congrats, I felt your pain getting this assignment done a while ago. As a result I always accept commander orders now, even if I'm not heading there I'll accept them and then mark my own orders afterwards.

Quite a few people haven't tried commander mode, so they're not really sure how the whole system works. Commanders definitely focus on your squad more if you help them out, those points help them fill out the bars so you'll see more ammo drops etc. as a result too.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
just picked up the game. is there a idiot's guide to bf4

For basic gameplay rules, there should be some brief video tutorials for each game mode. Most of the stuff you pick up as you play, or read in the tips, but feel free to ask anything here.

Free tip: Tanks are weakest in the rear.

Oh- another free tip, if you're playing on console and you can't stand using the stick to accelerate in land/sea vehicles and to rise in helicopters (and you shouldn't stand it, you monster!), go into the options and change those settings to "veteran". It's much more traditional. Halo and Borderlands and whoever else does that awful stick acceleration thing can go suck it.

I don't hate you if you prefer using the stick. I just hate what you stand for.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Can anyone tell me how the PS3 version plays? It's on special here, about 30% off and was considering making the jump but when I checked gamerankings there are next to no reviews for PS3 and a shitload for PS4.

Omni

Yeah it goes something like this:

"Play the fucking objective."

The only gametype where killing people is the most important thing is deathmatch.
That's not to say that you shouldn't at least try to go even unless you're playing purely support like piloting or repairing or whatever.

I've seen a lot of people go negative and then say something such as "I was suppressing the enemy!". No, you were draining away our tickets while being nothing more than cannon fodder.

TheSeks

Loadouts are coming, but honestly: I'm not too sure how useful they'll be if you're just switching one or two items during a course of a match. At least, to me.

zma1013

Loadouts are coming, but honestly: I'm not too sure how useful they'll be if you're just switching one or two items during a course of a match. At least, to me.

I'm confused by how they work. It says it's only through battlelog so if I'm in game and the next map is metro or something and I want a short range infantry kit, do I have to go back out to battlelog to change it? I just want a button called "saved loadouts" in the game that has my... saved loadouts and when I click on it and select the loadout, it instantly equips whatever I saved.

TheSeks

I'm confused by how they work. It says it's only through battlelog so if I'm in game and the next map is metro or something and I want a short range infantry kit, do I have to go back out to battlelog to change it? I just want a button called "saved loadouts" in the game that has my... saved loadouts and when I click on it and select the loadout, it instantly equips whatever I saved.

Yeah, it's extremely vague and it's rolling out tomorrow. Typical DICE™.

Load outs, from what I understand are Battlelog only, which can be updated much more agilely than game code. Maybe they'll reincorporate an interface in the game at some point but I doubt it. The Battlelog devs just have more flexibility when it comes to adding new features and pushing out updates due to it being a thin client app. It's most useful for those that use a companion tablet when gaming. You can switch to a load out using the tablet while in game,so for instance, using your tablet you change active loadout and next time you spawn in your using your anti-air engineer class and then switch back to repair/anti-ground engineer next time once the air threat is gone using the tablet, while still in game and no alt-tabbing.

If it were in game it would be more useful, but I'm glad the Battlelog guys ran with the idea anyway because it's better than nothing especially if you use a tablet.

meshwork

I just tried finding some European rush or domination servers running NS because I've heard good things about the maps on those gametypes (apparently the maps are all at least decent in rush). Not a single server with people in it. Yay for exclusive paid DLC maps. I know rush has never been that popular in Europe to begin with, but damn this is depressing for peak gaming hours.

Kak.efes

I just tried finding some European rush or domination servers running NS because I've heard good things about the maps on those gametypes (apparently the maps are all at least decent in rush). Not a single server with people in it. Yay for exclusive paid DLC maps. I know rush has never been that popular in Europe to begin with, but damn this is depressing for peak gaming hours.

The maps are great, but near unplayable. I think the performance issues surrounding the release of the new DLC was the final straw for a lot of people. It was for me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Platoon Ranks should award Basedpacks to its members.

Top Bottom