• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Ark

Did we hit the level cap for our console platoon? The progress bar is missing.

bNWzM5r.jpg

Guys we're slacking. Gotta bring that k/d up to a 2.0!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
thanks guess ill do that first before i jump online and get murdered :)

It's an okayish way to come to grips with the controls. There are even a few bits with vehicles.

Also, yeah, they hid a few multiplayer unlocks behind the campaign too. Thanx DICE.

So I decided to try out DMRs since it's the only weapon type I can still earn xp from and wow did I hate them. I tried the ace 23 sv and the sks. Does anybody like these? How do you use them? I felt I was getting out damaged at distance by bolt actions and getting killed by rate of fire at medium/close range

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yes?

SKS is still GDLK but it lost the one-shot head-shot that it had as a sniper rifle in BF3.

Speaking of which, the NS Sniper is flaming trash. As a sniper it sucks, as a DMR it sucks because of the hip-fire spread.

At least it gets the one-shot kill head-shot bonus the DMR's used to have in BF3, yay?

So I decided to try out DMRs since it's the only weapon type I can still earn xp from and wow did I hate them. I tried the ace 23 sv and the sks. Does anybody like these? How do you use them? I felt I was getting out damaged at distance by bolt actions and getting killed by rate of fire at medium/close range

DMRs are excellent. Every one except the SKS gets angled foregrip, whatever 3-4x optic you prefer, and heavy barrel. Stick and move. Every time you see an enemy, tap fire. Bang, bang, bang. Let the muzzle settle between shots. Then move again. Bolt guns shouldn't be hitting you since you should be moving (and playing the objective).

The SKS isn't accurate enough for long range, so I ran it with a suppressor and treated it like an assault rifle.

EDIT:
Sit down, sonny.

You guys probably start laughing maniacally every time you start shooting someone with your DMRs.

The jet portion of the Phantom assignment is punishment for Seks having a DMR as his #1 weapon. True story.

At least it gets the one-shot kill head-shot bonus the DMR's used to have in BF3, yay?

Only up to ~12 meters (x2.0 headshot multiplier).

20 kills in jets

: |

Should've been 20 kills in jets

In a round.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
20 kills in jets

: |

That's not to say that you shouldn't at least try to go even unless you're playing purely support like piloting or repairing or whatever.

I've seen a lot of people go negative and then say something such as "I was suppressing the enemy!". No, you were draining away our tickets while being nothing more than cannon fodder.

Nah fuck that I'll go negative all the time and am almost always on the top 5 of the board. I'll blow myself up to take out armor, I'll be the point man who finds enemy locations for my squad, and I'll stick myself to points like fucking glue. I'm nowhere near the top of any leaderboards, but I have a 204 raw SPM, which I think is pretty fucking solid, throws me in the top 3% of PS4 players at the least which I'm pretty happy with. 1.3 K/D though.

TheSeks

Then he was probably already hit and you finished him off. It has a x2.0 multiplier, it is flat out impossible to one shot headshot after ~12 meters on a full hp enemy.

I'm calling bullshit. You and I in a small private server if you want to test it.

TheSeks

I'm calling bullshit. You and I in a small private server if you want to test it.

Welp.

14 meters. IIRC. Or it's 10. My screen-shot order is fucked due to Steam overlay not popping so I had to quickie screenshot.render in console it.

10 meters: One-shot kill

14 meters: Two-shot kill.

13-14 meters: First-shot to the head, hit-reaction as shown above. Client/enemy reports 0 damage/100HP according to them.

BUT...

(Get within 6-8 meters for the healthbar to show on the enemy. PLD doesn't show it at extreme ranges, guess by design but makes reporting for sniping hard)

Enemy should be dead, according to the game, his HP is 0.01-0.00 or even 1%. Since the client isn't being reported to, we have no clue. But the server says I head him in the head, he should be dead at 13-14 meters, but NOPE.

(12 meters as Kane told me was the headshot bonus/what people are saying)

One-shot death (with the report log showing it's the shitty NS Sniper)

Balls-touching close according to the big-map/M (whatever on consoles). 12 meter range on that map.

So yeah, Kane is right: The SR338 has NO head-shot bonus unless you're in 12-meter range.

Ironically: The MP-412 (w)Rex (35 meters, or 38. Close to 40), .44 Magnum AND S&W .45 ALL will head-shot within 40 meters.

So the lesson is: SR338 is weaker than a fucking "Magnum" pistol. WTF, DICE?

TheSeks

You're right, it's late and I should be in bed. Edited.

(Shut up shut up shut up. <3)

RedAssedApe

Banned
So...is there a consensus best setting for gaming headphones with virtual surround? I've read hifi, home cinema, war tapes, and headphones with surround. Lol so basically the gamut of everything

terrible

Banned
So...is there a consensus best setting for gaming headphones with virtual surround? I've read hifi, home cinema, war tapes, and headphones with surround. Lol so basically the gamut of everything

90% of the time footsteps are inaudible regardless of what you put it on but imo Home Cinema sounds the best.

I'm confused by how they work. It says it's only through battlelog so if I'm in game and the next map is metro or something and I want a short range infantry kit, do I have to go back out to battlelog to change it? I just want a button called "saved loadouts" in the game that has my... saved loadouts and when I click on it and select the loadout, it instantly equips whatever I saved.

yeah, only for battlelog on the web browser/mobile app.

DICE are not making any changes ingame. ever.

Maddocks

new dlc plays fine on ps3, hell all dlc's seem to play way better then the stock maps.

Ps3 has some problems though, you will have random freezes at the end of rounds, beginning of rounds, middle of the match. Framerate drops at weird times when nothing is happening. It will just drop to 5fps for a good 6 seconds.Servers get full so that is not a problem.

TheSeks

In theory that got fixed in the last patch. =/

Spoiler: It didn't.

DICE&#8482;

Speaking of...

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/22iaw3/platoon_limits_ill_just_leave_this_here/

:eek:! :O! :O!!!!!!!!?

If only Splinter and the Frenchman would join so we could finally get the PC side to rank up.

Edit: Beaten by the Junior.

Edit2: I got this [AOD] clan that does Rush/Sabo asking me to join their clan after playing with them yesterday or something due to spamming their all-chat with jokes and other stuff. I'm like "nah, man. I'm good." But one of them added me on Battlelog to ask that. I'm flattered, I really am, but I'm not about that clan-battle life anymore.

thenexus6

Not sure if just me, but when I prone in this game I always get this thing where I am being "pushed" across the floor. I used to think it was a teammate near me but its not.. the game is making me slide around which is super annoying when i'm hiding or lining up a shot. Happen to anyone else?

scogoth

Not sure if just me, but when I prone in this game I always get this thing where I am being "pushed" across the floor. I used to think it was a teammate near me but its not.. the game is making me slide around which is super annoying when i'm hiding or lining up a shot. Happen to anyone else?

If you prone next to an object it does this to prevent clipping trough walls like in BF3.

Top Bottom