• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Overdoziz

Banned
I need a UCAV portrait.

80YZ3.jpg

?

RedAssedApe

Banned
made it to level 1. finally...yessss lol

need to get that k/d mentality out of my head

rubberbanding is bad tho on conquest :(

can someone explain how voice chat works? on ps4 and haven't heard a peep from anyone.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
made it to level 1. finally...yessss lol

need to get that k/d mentality out of my head

rubberbanding is bad tho on conquest :(

can someone explain how voice chat works? on ps4 and haven't heard a peep from anyone.

I'd suggest playing some TDM/Domination to get acclimated. Run conquest/rush with others so they can give you tips n stuff. <3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you prone next to an object it does this to prevent clipping trough walls like in BF3.

And I'm thankful for it everyday. Fuck prone-clippers
I was one in Bazaar first set. That hellroom.

Poor ocho will never unlock the next phantom assignment because jets are not tanks.

Neither will I.

But at least I can pay $10 for the air vehicle unlocks to pretend I did!

http://puu.sh/80YZ3.jpg

?

That's... strangely... phallic.

And arousing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im sure its old but:

Battlelog Update

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- Loadout Presets: Create your very own Kit and Vehicle presets in Loadout, and quickly apply a previously created Preset.
- Platoons 1.1: we have now released the first big update to Platoon, including features such as:
-- Be able to see where your Platoon members are playing in the new servers tab
-- You can now increase the member cap to 150 by reaching rank 5 and 200 by reaching rank 10
-- Automatically subscribe to all Platoon wall posts and comments, so you won't miss a thing
-- Once rented servers become available, Platoon leaders can choose to promote their servers for their Platoon
-- More information is now shown for each Platoon member on the Members page
-- A lot of smaller improvements and fixes
- The Leaderboards tile on Home now shows your best or favorited leaderboard
- New styling for the Premium tile on Home
- Better support for Carrier Assault in Live Scoreboard
- The "Personal Details" privacy setting now also controls for whom the "Playing" box on your profile page is shown
- UTC indicator now added to the time selector in Settings

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue where some Mission Dog Tags didn't unlock after meeting the requirement (to trigger the unlock, please play the specific Mission once again)
- Soldiers that have reached max rank now has the experience progress bar and score more correctly displayed
- Items that are unlocked with Kit Shortcuts are no longer suggested in Suggestions
- Items that are unlocked with Kit Shortcuts now show up more correctly on the Unlocks pages
- Fixed an issue where Service Stars wasn't shown for items that had been unlocked with Kit Shortcuts
- Better fix for the duplicated UCAV in Stats -> Vehicles, so the kills are not counted twice
- Fixes for for some unlock criteria and expansion pack icons showing incorrectly in Loadout
- The newly added Soldier Portraits are now shown in opened Battlepacks
- Unlock criteria are now shown correctly on the Unlocks -> Weapons page
- Fixed an issue with the Battlelog Plugin, which didn't always made the plugin auto-update
- Fixed an issue where upcoming Rank Battlepacks had incorrect progress bars on the Battlepacks page
- Fixed an issue in Battle Reports, where the correct ribbons weren't always shown in Awards & Unlocks
- Various tweaks for Battle Reports to better support longer and localized texts
- Fixed an issue in the Medal of Honor Warfighter section where some images, like ribbons, didn't display
- Fixed an issue in the Medal of Honor Warfighter section, where some page tabs for Xbox 360 soldiers didn't work correctly
- Various minor fixes and tweaks

R31 Server Update
-General stability improvements

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I can't remember who, but someone had given me a tip for beating the campaign without losing my save halfway through to a crash.

play offline, use a USB for saves? is that it?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
new dlc plays fine on ps3, hell all dlc's seem to play way better then the stock maps.

Ps3 has some problems though, you will have random freezes at the end of rounds, beginning of rounds, middle of the match. Framerate drops at weird times when nothing is happening. It will just drop to 5fps for a good 6 seconds.Servers get full so that is not a problem.

Cheers for that Maddocks. Can't decide if those freezes and frame drops are worth a purchase.

Translation: Why are you guys playing on European Servers? You guys are degrading the experience of some French players with your actions. Stay in your country!

Since when is it bad to go play on EU servers?.. and what actions can GAF do? lmao I didn't know dominating a game was unfair.

scogoth

Translation: Why are you guys playing on European Servers? You guys are degrading the experience of some French players with your actions. Stay in your country!

Since when is it bad to go play on EU servers?.. and what actions can GAF do? lmao I didn't know dominating a game was unfair.

I like how he hooah'd his own post

That feel when you come back after two weeks, get NS update, roll into a game and kill five dudes before dying, and then proceed to have the worst night of BF4 in a while.

And of course TheSeks was there cheering me on. 'preciate it buddy, but that had to have been a last resort. It was watch me or do laundry, maybe?

TheSeks

I was dying when you kept grenading yourself and taking someone out in the process.

I was dying when you kept grenading yourself and taking someone out in the process.

In fairness to myself, rubberbanding and frame drops out the wazoo were not helping my reaction times. Still, it was a singularly terrible night for stupid decisions. You should record me. My rage commentary would be great as well I'm sure.

Not sure if just me, but when I prone in this game I always get this thing where I am being "pushed" across the floor. I used to think it was a teammate near me but its not.. the game is making me slide around which is super annoying when i'm hiding or lining up a shot. Happen to anyone else?

it happens if you are in a corner or too close to a wall. this prevents the players legs from clipping through objects, which was a problem in bf3

spawning on nansha strike on 360 before the textures load is absolutely hilarious. the ground doesn't load right away so your character swims on the main land, then once the textures load you'll be sprinting. lawd I need the ps4 version -____-

edit: looks like a poster above already explained. completely missed this page lol

it happens if you are in a corner or too close to a wall. this prevents the players legs from clipping through objects, which was a problem in bf3

spawning on nansha strike on 360 before the textures load is absolutely hilarious. the ground doesn't load right away so your character swims on the main land, then once the textures load you'll be sprinting. lawd I need the ps4 version -____-

edit: looks like a poster above already explained. completely missed this page lol

Getting a ps4 won't fix the problem on nansha. Sorry to burst your bubble!

Since when is it bad to go play on EU servers?.. and what actions can GAF do?
I don't know if this applies in your case, but it's bad to play on servers that are in a different region to you when there are nearer servers you could be playing in. That's why we have a server browser. The amount of ridiculous lag caused on Australian servers when dipshits from the far side of the world decide to play on them ruins the game :(

The alternative action you can take is to use the server browser to play on a server in your region.

we are too good! (well any "clan" really that just plays together in public games instead of with all randoms.)

I like how he hooah'd his own post

and just wrote it in french assuming everyone speaks that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Put in a few rounds (LITERALLY) this morning and afternoon, switching back to assault rifles after fuck knows how long. AEK-971 is dreadful, but switching back to the M416 I was still having trouble hitting a barn. Hit rego and timings seemed totally off in general, across two servers, now that I think about it. A lot of squeezing the trigger and weirdly delayed hit markers, as well as rubber banding on explosives (like claymores), despite my sub-30 ping and the server itself seemingly stable. Wonder if something weird was going on in background.

It's a shame that the light night/early morning weekday crowd almost exclusively gravitates to 24 hour Metro/Locker servers. Aus servers are pretty good otherwise.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oddly enough i had lag free matches last night (Not TEST servers)
I was so surprised to see the game running this smooth.

mitchman

Gold Member

Me too, and even on Naval Strike maps. I suspect they are rolling out the new servers now and we just happened to play on one of them.

Omni

IF YOU'RE GONNA SPAWN ON ME WHILE I'M TAKING AN OBJECTIVE, ATTACH A DAMN SUPPRESSOR

The people playing this game can be so dense. I can be behind cover and in a position to take out an objective with ease... and next thing I know a squad mate spawns and just spams his DMR everywhere letting the whole damn team know where we are. And he didn't even kill anyone. To put it in perspective the kind of players I'm talking about...

3/4 of my team went negative. I joined late and I was still able to top the leader board. I mean I don't take the game that seriously... but it can get ridiculous.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

Not zero and I, we were rubberbanding a disgusting amount on caspian and then switched vanilla cq, which was better, but still had some rubberbanding and lag on zvod (my phone almost auto corrected zvod to xvideo).

zma1013

Not sure if just me, but when I prone in this game I always get this thing where I am being "pushed" across the floor. I used to think it was a teammate near me but its not.. the game is making me slide around which is super annoying when i'm hiding or lining up a shot. Happen to anyone else?

In this game, you have to take into account your legs actually being physical objects. You can't hide half of your body inside of a wall anymore. When you prone right next to a wall, your legs push you out.

TheSeks

ESL one going on now but does anyone care about #YOE-SPORTS in Battlefield 4?

No, no we don't. We have crate drops in CS:GO to get. Ain't nobody got time to sit for shitty netcode

/5v5 Domination, REALLY DICE?
//Why not 64P?

Ocho

I would like to thank my one viewer last night. I hope you had a good time and learned some of my tank tricks. Sorry for all the downtime waiting for tank spawn. I noticed my mic was barely audible, but I already fixed it for the next installment of 'Tank lessons with Ocho (and some other jackasses on mumble)'.

Edit: Here's the replay for Splinter and Kane: http://www.twitch.tv/ochomx/b/518254900 Remember guys, do everything like I do, and you'll be better. I believe in you.

Symax

ESL one going on now but does anyone care about #YOE-SPORTS in Battlefield 4?

No, no we don't. We have crate drops in CS:GO to get. Ain't nobody got time to sit for shitty netcode

/5v5 Domination, REALLY DICE?
//Why not 64P?

Head glitching and horrible netcode does not stop people from playing BF4 competitively? interesting. How is that even possible?

Spl1nter

I would like to thank my one viewer last night. I hope you had a good time and learned some of my tank tricks. Sorry for all the downtime waiting for tank spawn. I noticed my mic was barely audible, but I already fixed it for the next installment of 'Tank lessons with Ocho (and some other jackasses on mumble)'.

Edit: Here's the replay for Splinter and Kane: http://www.twitch.tv/ochomx/b/518254900 Remember guys, do everything like I do, and you'll be better. I believe in you.

I think the stream would be better if it was from my perspective. Gets boring watching you sit at the back of the map and tank doing team things.

Ocho

I think the stream would be better if it was from my perspective. Gets boring watching you sit at the back of the map and tank doing team things.

People need to learn that there's more than flag attacking. Defending is where the true heroes lie.

Top Bottom