• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

I finally learned to love the GOL Magnum; It's a much better TDM sniper than the M40A5.

It's soooo delicious. I've had a suppressor on mine for some time now, so the accuracy/damage hit isn't as upsetting any more. Worth a go if you're at medium/close range.

Which reminds me, I unlocked the AS VAL last night, because some dude decided to just troll around the edges of a NS map in a helicopter, and I couldn't be bothered redeploying. So thanks, that guy, because I'd completely forgotten that assignment existed. Had some decent success with the gun, the potential for kills is huge, but it must have been so much stronger pre-nerfs. Really have to be patient and not blast through the clip, I think.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I wonder if it works in hardcore. New tactical strategy, kill my teammates to use as explosive shields!

Get kicked shortly after because all servers in Hardcore if using default has a 5 TK limit or so.

AnotherNils said:
Speaking of the USAS, I only just recently got a handle on using it well. Even at mid-range distance, the thing can rack up some kills if the person is against cover. I do kill myself more frequently than I should, however.

It has Frag Rounds equipped like the BF3 variant if you were abusing it in that era, it works the same here. Just now it has that stupid laser/light combo that you can't turn off for some stealth. Ugh ugh ugh.

Weirdly, it's in the NS map of... forgetting the cannon castle name, which is too open for it, I feel.

TheSeks

DICE took my DICE-LA tag away. WTF. I worked my ass off for that tag! *rage*

Does anyone here actually like Zavod after the explosion? I find it annoying to run through the rubble and such and find no strategic advantage for it. I've no started checking the timer when I'm in the are and shutting it off.

TheSeks

I don't mind it, it opens another route to the underground and lets you in and out instead of going through the stair-wells. The only hassle is for tanks, but well the tanks should be going around that area anyway. It's an engineer/infantry hotzone.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Does anyone here actually like Zavod after the explosion? I find it annoying to run through the rubble and such and find no strategic advantage for it. I've no started checking the timer when I'm in the are and shutting it off.

It doesn't bother me, but I tend to try and stick to the woods in that map anyway and pick people off as they try to advance on B. Silenced Aug is gold on that map .

But you didnt work at DICE LA

Me and Seks were playing an a server that had several DICE employees playing in it. Seks managed to knife one working at DICE and I got one from someone who worked on BF4.

Both of those (or at least mine) were removed a few months ago. I was planning to to mention it but completely forgot about it, especially since dog tags in BF4 are pretty bad so I never check it anymore.

TheSeks

But you didnt work at DICE LA

You misunderstand: I knifed the motherfuckers. I want my tag showing I knifed DICE-LA. >:|
Preferably, I want DICE Sweeden/DICE-DICE to show up so I can knife their ass while telling them to "FIX THE GAME"

Vorheez

That deathshield bug makes a looot of sense, I had too many wtf moments because of that.

Does anyone know when Dice is supposed to be rolling out this big server patch? I've been trying to stay away until the update so I can hop back on Conquest. I've been playing nothing but TDM and its getting really old, really fast.

DSN2K

I've started hard crashing, RSOD last few days :mad:

tried everything from old drivers to no overclocking, Direct X 11.1 / Mantle. Nothing has changed in the PC besides recent Windows 8.1 update...could it be that ? has there been reports of problems ?

Frame drops have become utterly ridiculous. I used to play on Med-High everything, now I'm on Off-Low, and not only has my FPS not really improved, in the last couple of days the entire application sometimes stutters, frames, audio and all. What is going on. :/

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Do you only get Gold Battlepacks through class service stars when you've reached max rank? I've gotten two support service stars since they supposedly implemented this new feature, yet zilch on the Battlepacks.

And I've gone through nearly 40 gold BPs without getting a single knife. 42 25% xp boosters, but no knives.

Overdoziz

Banned
Do you only get Gold Battlepacks through class service stars when you've reached max rank? I've gotten two support service stars since they supposedly implemented this new feature, yet zilch on the Battlepacks.
They're currently disabled because it was *surprise* causing issues.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
They're currently disabled because it was *surprise* causing issues.

n-BARACK-OBAMA-FROWN-large570.jpg

Also, thanks ^^

Jackfrag just posted this, the Deathshield bug. Holy crap. Revivable bodies block projectiles (grenades, rockets), as if their hitbox is still standing, as long as they're revivable. This shit explains SO MUCH.

http://youtu.be/0IRIbIMO0SY

Does this work in Battlefield 3?

Dice doesn't seem to go back and fix their older games bugs anymore like they used to...I still play Bad Company 1 on the PS3 and a few glitches in that are annoying and wish they'd add hold for sprint on thumbsticks.

Man, such a fun weekend. Started out Friday night running out of ammo with the main tank cannon and having to resort to killing infantry with staff shells.

I finally learned to love the GOL Magnum; It's a much better TDM sniper than the M40A5.

Did some NS Dom with some GAFers last night, and its pretty fun, though a little dry (pun unintended) in the long run.

My current goal is to manage to get the mastery dog tag for one of the battle pick-ups. I don't care which one, really. NS TDM is a good place to rack up some kills. I can sometimes play entire games in Wavebreaker without getting a kill with my regular primary, cycling between the two M82s and the USAS. It's kinda ridiculous and makes me feel dirty.

Speaking of the USAS, I only just recently got a handle on using it well. Even at mid-range distance, the thing can rack up some kills if the person is against cover. I do kill myself more frequently than I should, however.
yea, my ... 2nd? time playing in weeks and peeps are playing DOM? i still played... oh well.

TheSeks

yea, my ... 2nd? time playing in weeks and peeps are playing DOM? i still played... oh well.

Wow, if even you aren't playing BF4 anymore, you know DICE fucked up.
---

DAT TURN AROUND AS COMMANDER FROM A 200 TICKET LOSS TO A WIN. #BATTLEFEEL

LOSS. Damn it, DICE.

---

LOSS. Damn it, DICE.

Play CS:GO to get loot and buy keys with me. The hunt for that so rare that it costs as much as a brand new car knife begins. Damn you volvo.

TheSeks

Play CS:GO to get loot and buy keys with me. The hunt for that so rare that it costs as much as a brand new car knife begins. Damn you volvo.

Not until Stats aren't reported so my 0-14 KDR doesn't show in that game. VAC enabled unranked server drops, Volvo plz.

JJD

---

LOSS. Damn it, DICE.

Most of the PS3 regulars aren't playing BF4 as much as BF3 or BC2. Olimpia is another one who was always online back then but it's not really playing right now.

TheSeks

Most of the PS3 regulars aren't playing BF4 as much as BF3 or BC2. Olimpia is another one who was always online back then but it's not really playing right now.

I'm getting sick of the Marksmen Headshot Ribbon grind I'm trying to do as a recon. Getting 250 meters consecutive is impossible in a round for me. I get body shots to where I get under that always. D: It's kinda burned me out on the game because I'm tired of trying to get the last 33 ribbons for it. Ugh Ugh Ugh.

Not until Stats aren't reported so my 0-14 KDR doesn't show in that game. VAC enabled unranked server drops, Volvo plz.

stats aren't as important as getting 10k cash.
OR IS IT.

I'm getting sick of the Marksmen Headshot Ribbon grind I'm trying to do as a recon. Getting 250 meters consecutive is impossible in a round for me. I get body shots to where I get under that always. D: It's kinda burned me out on the game because I'm tired of trying to get the last 33 ribbons for it. Ugh Ugh Ugh.

I can just let you kill me for the ribbons. Less screwing your team over that way too, win win.

TheSeks

I can just let you kill me for the ribbons. Less screwing your team over that way too, win win.

It's not that it's hard it's just impossible for me to headshot that range in a round. D: If I had the long-distance without draw distance fuckery, doing 500 meters would give two of them or so.

It's not that it's hard it's just impossible for me to headshot that range in a round. D: If I had the long-distance without draw distance fuckery, doing 500 meters would give two of them or so.

You know the distance is cumulative in a round, right? For instance, three 84m headshots yields one ribbon. If that's too hard, maybe ask a grown-up to do it for you?

Firebrand

I've started hard crashing, RSOD last few days :mad:

tried everything from old drivers to no overclocking, Direct X 11.1 / Mantle. Nothing has changed in the PC besides recent Windows 8.1 update...could it be that ? has there been reports of problems ?
Same here, Win8.1 but on Nvidia. Game ran just fine for 4-5 days after I got it, then suddenly it started crashing every two maps or so since like two days back. Only thing I remember installing are Windows compatibility updates.

edit: Actually, the compatibility patches aren't in, just Windows Defender updates. I'll try adding the latest updates and disabling WinDef for a while, see if that does anything.
edit2: Played 5 or so matches without a crash after disabling Windows Defender. Fingers crossed. And yeah, seems a few other people are reporting sudden crashes on the battlelog forums.
edit3: Crash. Durn.

AmyS

Completely off-topic.

Isn't this the same developer that made Rallisport Challenge 1 & 2 for the original Xbox a decade+ ago?

TheSeks

Completely off-topic.

Isn't this the same developer that made Rallisport Challenge 1 & 2 for the original Xbox a decade+ ago?

Yes. Before they were bought by EA and turned into an EA studio. Why?

TheSeks

Wow, the AWS is pretty damn good. Now I have a reason to use an LMG instead of a carbine with the Support class.

MG36 has always been good.

But once you adjust to it, try the other LMG's, noteable the RPK-74 for the closest "AK" in the game. The AK-successor as the assault rifle/carbines got (AK-12 and AK-15, IIRC) aren't as good as the AKM-74/"AK-47" or the RPK-74 in BF3 and the RPK in BF4, IMO. Mostly because they fucked with the classic iron-sights. >:| WHY.jpg AK?

Top Bottom