• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Seks spectating me.

peer pressure.

Classic Seks. He never watches the good games either.

irrelevant cause i'm now drunk cause i just finished university so all things no longer matter.

Congratulations!

I just noticed that there's a "View member playing" link on the platoon page now. That's pretty awesome. That makes it way easier to get into games with people since you don't have to add a million people to play with someone in the platoon.

That view member playing thing sounds like bad news for bad players. >.>

Anyone ever stop using a gun or piece of equipment for no reason only to return to it later and suddenly wonder what you were thinking?

I've been using slams again, more like C4 and the early success makes me wonder why I even left them. I had a beautiful moment last night where I flanked an AA capping a point on resort and I attached 3 slams and then RPG'd them to blow him to kingdom come.

Anyone ever stop using a gun or piece of equipment for no reason only to return to it later and suddenly wonder what you were thinking?

I've been using slams again, more like C4 and the early success makes me wonder why I even left them. I had a beautiful moment last night where I flanked an AA capping a point on resort and I attached 3 slams and then RPG'd them to blow him to kingdom come.

Saiga 12 for definite. And the 1911, although it did get a buff in the downtime. The Saiga is so damn cool, and pretty versatile with the old darts.

Cronnie

Thats because we always play with Kane and Spl1nter. Only think they need to do better is kill that damn AC130 faster.

Yeah, that's a little bit tougher now thanks to the bug where your jet's cannons won't do any damage after a certain height, you pretty much have to fly really low and climb up to the AC130's belly to take it down effectively now.

I was having a bad night in general and just needed to call it a night. I'll try again tonight and can play late since I have no work tomorrow.
It was contagious. I played TDM after was horrific, even with the wind at my back. BF4 finally crashed on a map switch and I took it as an excuse to move on.

Ocho

Thats because we always play with Kane and Spl1nter. Only think they need to do better is kill that damn AC130 faster.

Mind. Blown. Never mind everything I've said.

By the way, I have vacations today and tomorrow. Where are the early games? Damn it Drunken.

MR4001

The opposite... kinda. Be prepared: this will make no sense at all. ...FOREGRIPS. Yes, foregrips. I'd run with an Ergo/Vertical grip on everything apart from MGs with which I'd use a Stubby/Potato grip, but for totally crazy reasons - I won't bother explaining, it's nuts, LOL - I just stopped using all foregrips... and I found straight away I was just getting a better feel with nearly everything. Recoil, accuracy, pointability, etc - it all felt better. Wierd, I know! And stats-wise it doesn't make sense - grips in 4 arn't like the one in 3, right? (In 3 the vertical grip hit accuracy, or something...?) Anyway!...

ChrisW

Does anyone else find The audio in BF4 to be off... I hate how you can't hear bikes or quads till they run you over or are in front of you! Same with choppers, if you turn away from it, it's as if it's just gone from the map till you face it again!

terrible

Banned
Does anyone else find The audio in BF4 to be off... I hate how you can't hear bikes or quads till they run you over or are in front of you! Same with choppers, if you turn away from it, it's as if it's just gone from the map till you face it again!

Positional sound in this game is garbage most of the time. How a soldier in full gear can run down a tiled hallway and knife you without you hearing them I have no idea lol.

Most vehicles are easy to hear though. I have noticed the smaller ones (bikes, quads, jeeps) can sneak up on you but I've never had issues with hearing choppers personally.

Summer-ish if PS2 turns out fine.

It would hilarious if I got an Xbone before a PS4.

Funny, but not "ha-ha" funny.

Buy a PS4 already. BF4 has its flaws, but it's still fun. The 360BF3 crew is back together (except for Over, who spends his time on the internet learning to dislike the things other nerds dislike).

Overdoziz

Banned
Funny, but not "ha-ha" funny.

Buy a PS4 already. BF4 has its flaws, but it's still fun. The 360BF3 crew is back together (except for Over, who spends his time on the internet learning to dislike the things other nerds dislike).
I'm having a great time not playing terrible games.

Lol sometimes I feel like it's the same way with me. I lost four out of my five games I played last night.

I love playing with people but I feel like there's a threshold of...competence, that's assumed on GAF, and I definitely do not meet it. Same in the LoL thread, playing with LoLGAF was pretty embarrassing at times. >.<

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Beacon abuse by the other team on NS Sabotage is an interesting tactic and something I need to do more of.

I've also learned I can't snipe on the cannon map. At all for that mode.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Are you serious? The kill-streak of 10 you have to get for the Perfect Landing assignment has to be done in the same round in which you have to land on the top of Caspian/Firestorm's tallest tower? So you can only get the streak on TWO maps, and you have to pray that there's still enough time by then for you to catch a ride up to the tallest tower before the game ends. That or do it ritualistically at the start of each game on those maps. Whadufxup?

Now I feel awful about holding onto the enemy team's anti-air for the entire Oman CTF match. To be fair, it was some idiot on their side who used it as a transport to GET to the flag, and then abandoned it right there in our base. It would've been a crime not to take it.

Still, what a waste of a 10 kill streak.... ugh. Fuck you DICE, this is such a shitty assignment, I'm not bothering anymore.

Are you serious? The kill-streak of 10 you have to get for the Perfect Landing assignment has to be done in the same round in which you have to land on the top of Caspian/Firestorm's tallest tower? So you can only get the streak on TWO maps, and you have to pray that there's still enough time by then for you to catch a ride up to the tallest tower before the game ends. That or do it ritualistically at the start of each game on those maps. Whadufxup?

Now I feel awful about holding onto the enemy team's anti-air for the entire Oman CTF match. To be fair, it was some idiot on their side who used it as a transport to GET to the flag, and then abandoned it right there in our base. It would've been a crime not to take it.

Still, what a waste of a 10 kill streak.... ugh. Fuck you DICE, this is such a shitty assignment, I'm not bothering anymore.
in the same life.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
in the same life.

kanye-blank-stare.gif

TheSeks

He's not wrong. That assignment should have "in a round" tagged to the 10-kill streak. It has to be done on Caspian and you have to land on the tower in the same life. So you have to beacon at the tower. Land it after dying/suiciding to do the jump. Then get a 10 kill streak going. Good luck! <3

He's not wrong. That assignment should have "in a round" tagged to the 10-kill streak. It has to be done on Caspian and you have to land on the tower in the same life. So you have to beacon at the tower. Land it after dying/suiciding to do the jump. Then get a 10 kill streak going. Good luck! <3

The funny part is the implication that I've ever in my life done a ten-kill streak of any kind and could potentially replicate that.

the worst is getting the streak then getting killed on the way to the tower.

I would be already screaming with joy at having a ten kill streak. You guys don't even know what that would mean. I vividly remember all two of my five kill streaks. They're like perfect meals where everything was delicious and nothing had bones.

TheSeks

the worst is getting the streak then getting killed on the way to the tower.

Having to land that tower/killstreak and the Burnoff are the only two Second Assault assignments I have left.
Meanwhile I have the achievement of killing a flag carrier while carrying their flag left as far as achievements go

Omni

I miss the BF3 end-game report where you could see all of the assignments and your progression

It just seems so messy in BF4 as you need to check Battlelog to see what's going on. Because of it I haven't unlocked most of them

I would be already screaming with joy at having a ten kill streak. You guys don't even know what that would mean. I vividly remember all two of my five kill streaks. They're like perfect meals where everything was delicious and nothing had bones.

Me and Outer believe in you.

burnfout

All the servers you join have open spots because of rage quitters.

Everytime I see a 63/64 server I just know I'm going to join a steamroll :(

Kak.efes

I've never once tried to do an assignment.

I don't even have the fucking L85A2 after 160 hours.

The L85 is great. Up there with the SCAR, and M416 in terms of overall effectiveness for me.

The ten kill streak on firestorm wouldn't be a problem for me if helicopters weren't so useless. No matter how well you play in the air, you're pretty much rendered useless by a blueberry with a stinger.

Firebrand

GetDeviceRemovedReason can bite my butt. :( Gonna have to take a break until someone finds a solution or some other game crashes on me, in which case I'd have to investigate the factory OC on my card. Feels like I've wrecked my system ripping out drivers and VC++ runtime libraries, hehe.

Is there a reliable way to destroy tanks solo in this game, that is not C4? My RPGs don't seem to be doing much other than mobility kills, even when firing them from behind. Playing AT engineer in this game feels like suicide.

Symax

Thats wrong. You have to get the killstreak in your first live. If you die without getting the killstreak you can leave the server and start over again.

Okay but seriously folks, any idea at all why my BF4 won't even stay at 30FPS consistently on Low everything any more? It used to run okay at Med-High everything, the last few days have been totally unplayable. Gonna go back to BF3 and see if it has the same problems.

Edit: It doesn't have the same problems, but it has...BF3 problems. Amazing how different, almost alien, it feels now.

Top Bottom